Favourite voice actors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mu

it’s better then they’re a little bit of a loser.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Or seiyuus, including anime.

Are there any voice actors from animations that just make you eufhgksdjfsg? Like you would recognise them instantly, or just take a liking to?

I just finished the Hakuoki series and oh my lord, Kenjiro Tsuda's voice is so perfect. ; _ ;. I really like how deep it is and how just... bored and uncaring he sounds. BUT DEEP DOWN INSIDE HE DOES SO IT JUST KILLS ME.

Reactions: Minibit
The only one, anime or not, that I've actually bothered to go out of my way to learn the name of is Norio Wakamoto, so him.

The only one, anime or not, that I've actually bothered to go out of my way to learn the name of is Norio Wakamoto, so him.
Wakamoto! Out of all the animes I've seen with him as a VA, he's always one of the authority figures/powerful characters.

Seiyuu is just the Japanese term for voice artist. There's no difference.

As for favorite voice artists, I would have to say Grey DeLisle and Troy Baker. At least speaking from a modern standpoint.

Grey DeLisle because I grew up watching shows she voiced in, and I would recognize her voice all that time. Daphne Blake from Scooby-Doo, Azula from Avatar, Psylocke (Spiral, Network) from Wolverine and the X-Men, Black Canary in multiple DC animations. She's pretty much the voice of my childhood and one of the first voice artists I began looking up to.

Troy Baker because he's also sort of the voice of my childhood (Leading into adolescent). While Grey DeLisle held the reigns on on cartoons, Troy Baker held the reigns of my anime-action cartoon watching. Greed from FMA:B, Yamato & Pain in Naruto: Shippuden, Van Kleiss from Generator Rex, and so on. Then he delved into video games in which really showed how great of an actor he is. So, that's what puts him up on the list for me.

But there's also Mel Blanc, June Foray, Tom Kenny, Don Messick, Scott Innes, John DiMaggio, Phil LaMarr, Jennifer Hale, Ron Perlman....I could probably go on for hours about why I like each and every voice artist I do, but then it'd be even harder to choose an absolute favorite. For now though I'm content with Grey DeLisle and Troy Baker.

If you haven't noticed, I really like voice acting.

Jackie Chan!
(and his uncle)

• Love
Reactions: Faithviper
I'm a sucker for English dubs, and my faves are probably Vic Mignogna, Todd Haberkorn and Troy Baker. Those guys really shaped my love for dubs, specially in FMA.

• Love
Reactions: Faithviper and K3l
  • Love
Reactions: Faithviper
Omg Travis Willingham

Just

I can't even

That voice, that face, that body
kinopoisk.ru-Travis-Willingham-2061414.jpg

Hnnnng!

Reactions: Melon
  • Love
Reactions: Minibit
Reactions: Mu
  • Love
Reactions: Irabus
Why thank you! I have a real love for voice actors, even though I doubt I could ever be one. One of my most useless talents is picking out voices in cartoons/anime. Oh man I really wanna watch FMA again, it was so *clenches fist* amazing.

Reactions: K3l
@Sen If only bloopers could be dubbed :(

@Cerebellumonster You can never watch FMA too many times! 8D And you can totes become a voice artist if you have the dedication to become one, and you're willing to put in the work. If you ever need tips then I'd be willing to help.

Well, overall, one voice for me shines above, and that's Tony Jay. Simple reason; his voice is just amazing, he can play the evil mighty sorcerer who wants nothing more than to tear you apart(Mortanius The Necromancer), the all powerful God that has been pulling the strings from the beginning(Elder God), he was on a whole different level compared to VA's even now.

His voice is just.....hnnnnnnnnnnnnggg.

Simon Templeman is a close second for voicing one of my favourite vampires, Kain from the Legacy of Kain series.

Liam O'Brien, Laura Bailey, Travis Willingham, Troy Baker, Patrick Seitz, Grey DelIsle, Keith David, Steven Blum, Nolan North, and a whole bunch more I can't think off of the top of my head.

• Love
Reactions: K3l
@Expllo Oh have you done voice acting before? I've always wanted to do it but I always worry my voice doesn't sound as good to other people as it does to me. If I ever tried it, I would probably want to develop a convincing American accent first, argh I hate my accent.

@Sen I woulda loved to hear it too, but I've never seen that scene so I'm guessing they didn't do it.

Reactions: Mu
Status
Not open for further replies.