Favourite Video Game Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at least 40% of my music library is video game music...

I basically love every Final Fantasy soundtrack, but I honestly think FF8 is my favourite, followed by FF10. But I also love FF9. And 12...

Samorost 3 is a cute little indie game with an absolutely astounding soundtrack.

Alice: Madness Returns is the soundtrack I listen to when I'm writing something dark and emotional. Or just twisted, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBHKQ8khzR

• Love
Reactions: Darog and Greenie
Can't believe I haven't replied here yet. Way too many I love so this'll be hard.

Gosh the nostalgia :'D Reminds me of the good ol' times when it was just me, the Mister and my li'l bro. *wipes tears* ANYWAY.

and this lol. So classical Indian sounding... and so frustrating in the game.. :'D

I play alot of rhythm games, but recently i've been playing and replaying other games so here

Transistor is one of my favorites. The music is all amazing for setting the mood in the game, and most of them are great to listen to whenever, especially the ones that have vocals. This song still hits me in the feels because of the whole context of when it appears in the game.

Ori and the Blind Forest has some amazing music too. I've started using it lately as music to get my creative juices flowing when I'm having trouble writing RP posts. It all has this sort of epic and magical feel to it that gives me all sorts of cool ideas and I love it.

And then all the Elder Scrolls games are pretty solid. This song is probably my favorite of them all, perhaps because I spent many hours of my teen years playing Morrowind and it is permanently seared into my brain. 8D

• Thank You
  • Love
Reactions: Jakers and Pahn
Transistor is one of my favorites. The music is all amazing for setting the mood in the game, and most of them are great to listen to whenever, especially the ones that have vocals. This song still hits me in the feels because of the whole context of when it appears in the game.
^^^

Was so glad to see this. Transistor is one of my favorites as well. In fact, screw it, it is my favourite soundtrack. All of the songs fit in perfectly with the gameplay, and the singer's voice is phenomenal, even when she's just humming. That game is honestly just a masterpiece in just about every aspect; a true piece of art.

Divinity: Original Sin has a really good OST as well for the most part. Not one of my favourite games, but damn if some of the songs didn't make me tear up a bit. 'Bittersweet Regrets' is a particularly wonderful song, and my favourite of the bunch.

Hyper Light Drifter has a bloody amazing soundtrack as well. It doesn't sound great on its own with most songs, but the ambience it creates in-game is second to only Transistor.

And... I really like the 'Numbani' song on Overwatch as well. Dunno why. Just gets me in the mood for slidin' on some walls.

Reactions: Jorick
Why has no one mentioned Kingdom Hearts?!!! D: The whole series has great music!

I'd be here all day talking about video game music so here are some of my favorites:

Yes I love FFX-2! Bite me! FFX has already been mentioned and that game's soundtrack was gorgeous as well :)

Bayonetta is amazing. Enough said!

Say what you want about Sonic but you can't deny that most of his games have great music!

Best soundtrack in the Smash series. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.