1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
There are a LOT of genres we can focus on and debate about which one we like the best. To narrow down the discussion we are going to focus on TIME first. Similar to the way the RP forums on Iwaku are currently divided, (for now).

Do you prefer to roleplay in the past, where the story is set in a historical setting, whether real or fantasy? Maybe you rather roleplay in the present, where the setting is similar to the world we live in today, or rather is? Perhaps you prefer dreaming away about the future possibilities, or impossibilities? Of course we can't forget that time is a mere concept, maybe all timelines live parallel to each other, like the multiverse likes to suggest, which is an unique experience on its own. Or you are out of the box, but also heavily inspired by your favourite stories and thus like the fandoms? Vote and share what your favourite time to roleplay in is and why!

I like to write fantasy or supernatural stories and they can all be set in either historical or futuristic settings. Even modern ones. Time periods can add to a story-- Monster Hunters need to make do with the tools available in a historical setting, or watching supernatural creatures blend in a modern time setting where the world has forgotten about them. Or a futuristic setting where Supernaturals walk in plain sight because they have now been categorized as intelligent species and not a spooky bedtime story.

-SCREEEEES ABOUT ONLY BEING ABLE TO CHOOSE ONE-

I guess I will go with Modern Subgenre Supernatural. I end up in 092487325032854 Modern Supernatural RPs compared to all other genres.

But I also really, really love Historical Fantasy and Futuristic Space Scifi. I rarely dabble in multiverses, isekai, or time shenanigans, though they are fun on occasion. And fandoms even rarely than that, cause I would rather play in my own unique world than have to follow canon rules of another one.

Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
Multiverse, without a doubt. It's one of the few environments that allows for kitchen-sink type crossovers between different worlds, races, power systems and so on and so forth. I don't have a preferred time period either way, although I'm not much of a fan of sci-fi and hyper advanced technology it entails.

Between those I like futuristic the most but like it more as near-futuristic so it's somewhere between that and modern. Science fantasy is probably one of my favorite ones in general with urban fantasy a close second

I picked modern, because outside of historical fantasy romance, everything else I write is semi modern... ish. Or iono, like, I GUESS my baby could be interpreted as modern multiverse fantasy with historical elements. T-T