5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
A good story is great by itself, but when there's a pleasing soundtrack to it, it brings out an extra element, a little more depth so to say. A good OST can play with your heartstrings, pump you up, bring forth the tension, and so on and so forth.

So, what are your favourite OSTs?

Here's one of mine. ^_^ Inuyasha in itself had wonderful music, and along with the great story, it was one of the things that kept me hooked.

4:18 onward kinda grabs on to my heart and squeezes it. Stop, tears, stop!​

Aaaaah, I have so many. Most of them from studio Ghibli as I'm in love with their movies!

One of my personal favourites would be 'Merry-go-round' the track used for Howl's Moving Castle. However, I also love Spirited Away's 'One Summer Day'.

They are all so good. I could list them all!

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Aaaaah, I have so many. Most of them from studio Ghibli as I'm in love with their movies!

One of my personal favourites would be 'Merry-go-round' the track used for Howl's Moving Castle. However, I also love Spirited Away's 'One Summer Day'.

They are all so good. I could list them all!
Those two are my favorite Ghibli osts as well, especially One Summer Day. Along with that would be Arriety's song and the theme of Princess Mononoke.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
STOOOOOOOP! You know damn well I can't choose! D:

InuYasha and NANA has amazing soundtracks so I highly recommend those!

• Bucket of Rainbows
I like a lot of video game OST's, but in keeping in line with TV.

I like the instrumental version of "A World Without Danger" it's the theme to Code Lyoko, I don't care for the lyrics, but the instrumental I think is great. I don't know how to post videos here.

There's also a song called Lotus, by the group Jalan Jalan, though I'm not sure if it was in the Dragon Hunters TV Show, or the movie.

I liked the theme in Dr. Who when he defeats the Silence called; "I Am the Doctor in Utah"

In the anime Terra Formars, which I never got into that much, there is a scene where one of the characters named Shokichi confronts the being who killed his girlfriend, and the musical score is great. I don't know the name of it, but it starts off very tense to show how angry he is under the surface, gradually picks up, has a soft moment while he recalls memories of his girlfriend, and then rises, while he pummels the alien, roach, monster.

One Punch Man, I love the Battle Theme, and the Main Theme

In DBZ I like Perfect Cell's theme.

In one of the .hack anime series, I think it was .hack/SIGN there was a musical piece called Key of the Twilight

The opening theme to the Batman the Animated Series

The OST that played during Luffy VS Lucci in One Piece, it also plays other times, but it really fit well when Whitebeard finally had enough Akainu, and gave him a punch that wrecked the entire Island they were on. For some reason Akainu survived, but hey the music was awesome.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I like the instrumental version of "A World Without Danger" it's the theme to Code Lyoko, I don't care for the lyrics, but the instrumental I think is great. I don't know how to post videos here.
LOVE THAT SHOW!! :D You just copy and paste the link to the video ^_^

• Love
Reactions: SacredWarrior
Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
The Vision of Escaflowne
Escaflowne (movie)
Wolf's Rain
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
The Last Unicorn
Final Fantasy X Piano Collection
Queen of the Damned
Inception
Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Batman Beyond (I didn't know they even printed an OST but I picked it up at some store years back and got it on CD now. It's great!)

Love them all. Some have multiple soundtracks. I love them all. I own all the Wolf's Rain OSTs but The Vision of Escaflowne has so many... "Lovers Only" is probably my fave of them though.
Over all soundtracks, it's really hard to say what my #1 fave is.

I probably listen to Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone complex the most, but... I dunno. Maybe FFX is my fave right now.

• Love
Okami
Wolf's Rain
Ori and the Blind Forest
Silent Hill 2
Persona 3
Musashi Samurai Legend
Mushishi
Paprika(I probably toot this horn too much but I really like the soundtracks T^T)
Rurouni Kenshin

I feel like I'm missing huge things, but brain doesn't want to work.

• Bucket of Rainbows
The entire soundtrack of Over the Garden Wall is absolutely beautiful and, additionally, heartrending once you have context.

• Love
Love these two :3

Sailor Moon ( The original has so many beautiful pieces)
FMA
FMA Brotherhood
Seconding NaNa
Legend of Zelda
Naruto - Sadness & Sorrow
Bleach - Ichigo's Theme & Never Meant to Belong

Not sure if we're doing live action films too, but I love Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2 OSTs as well.

• Love
Reactions: Vardoger
Actually, the OST for Fantastic Beasts and Kingdom Hearts 2 are pretty great. :D

hmm.

As far as anime goes:

Guilty Crown's OST was absolutely phenomenal, although the anime itself was underwhelming.
Monogatari.
Hunter x Hunter uses instrumentals very well.

Video Games:
Uematsu is still God. Final Fantasy, basically.

• Love
The Vision of Escaflowne (Composer: Yoko Kanno)

Batman: The Animated Series (Composer: Shirley Walker)

How to Train Your Dragon (Composer: John Powell)

The Lion King (Composer: Hans Zimmer)

Metal Gear Solid 2: The Sons of Liberty (Composer: Harry Gregson-Williams)

RWBY (Composer: Jeff Williams)

Final Fantasy 6 (Composer: Nobuo Uematsu)

and

Pretty Much Everything By Yuki Kajiura Before the SAO OST

Fma doesn't have a single bad opening or ending, and the orchestral theme with voices that plays when shit go down is so hype. Fight me if you think I'm wrong.

Final Fantasy in general
Bravely Default
Bloodborne
Metal Gear solid Peace Walker
LoZ: OoT, WW, and SS.

I can sing to every cheesy song in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and I love every level theme, my favorites are City Escape and Pyramid Cave, and Live and Learn never fails to get me hype. This game was my childhood.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.