Favourite Movie/TV Quotes

"It does not matter what you think," the monster said, "because your mind will contradict itself a hundred times each day. You wanted her to go at the same time you were desperate for me to save her. Your mind will believe comforting lies while also knowing the painful truths that make those lies necessary. And your mind will punish you for believing both."

I loved 'The Monster Calls' so much. It's one of those movies that actually relates to you without having to shove cliche shit and unrealistic occurences in your face.

From Predator (1987)

Hawkins: You're hit! You're bleedin', man!
Sgt. Blain: I ain't got time to bleed...

Maj. Alan "Dutch" Schaefer: If it bleeds, we can kill it.

Mac: Time to let old painless out of the bag.

Tony Montana: "What you lookin' at?...You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So...what that make you? Good? You're not good..You just know how to hide, how to lie.. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie... So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!

The quote has resonated with me for a long time, not only for calling out the evil that will always hide in the shadows, but to recognize that instead of being true to ourselves and recognize the ugly parts of our own nature, we try to make pariahs of others to inherit all the bad traits. Media remains laced with the mentality that splits people into 'good' and 'evil' camps.

William Parrish: I know it's a cornball thing, but love is passion. Obsession. Someone you can't live without. I say fall head over heels. Find someone you can love like crazy, and who'll love you the same way back. How do you you find 'em? Well, you forget your head and you listen to your heart. I'm not hearing any heart. Because the truth is, honey, there's no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love, well, you haven't lived a life at all. But you have to try, because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper and OnI6470
From The Fist of the North Star (1986)

Abusive Bad Guy: Oh yeah? Guess again!

[Raises his big hammer to kill but gets forcely and unexpectedly hit by Rei]

Abusive Bad Guy: Who's that guy?

Rei: My name is Rei and I am looking for the man you describe. The man with the seven wounds who calls himself fist of the north star.

Abusive Bad Guy: I'll give you this much. You got gutts walking in like this. Give me that! So, with all due respect. I'll let you be the one who cut his head off.

Rei: That's quite an honor but I hate for you to miss all that fun on my account. Are you sure about this?

Abusive Bad Guy: Hey, what are friends for right?

[Rei easily and quickly uses the weapon on the bad guy]

Abusive Bad Guy: [Before dying] Wait a minute, I was talking about the other guy.

Rei: Silly me. What a foolish mistake.

Abusive Bad Guy: I got a splitting headache.

[after grinding aproaching enemies to pieces]
Rei: Now take me to your boss! Ken, the man with the seven wounds, the fist of the north star.

Abusive Bad Guy: The hell I will!

[Ken appearing from behind]

Kenshiro One question! Satisfy my curiosity, that statue in the town square, who is it supposed to be?

Big Chin Bad Guy: Fist of the north st aargh

[Interrupted by the fist of Kenshiro]

Kenshiro: It's a good likeness but it is not the fist of the north star! My brother Jagi always did have a glass jaw.

And of course the most badass of all:

Kenshiro: You are already dead.

"I can get all the salad I need by eating the grass fed cow my steak came from," Bo Bennet patriarch of The Ranch.

LOVE ME some SAM ELLIOTT!!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo