1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
What are some of your favourite movie/tv quotes?

Here's a few of mine:

Stand by Me
Gordie: But you didn't miss him. Chris Chambers never misses, does he?

Chris: Not even when the ladies leave the seat down.
Stand by Me
Gordie: Oh, gee! Thanks, Dad.

Chris: Wish the hell I was your dad. You wouldn't be goin' around talkin' about takin' these stupid shop courses if I was. It's like God gave you something, man, all those stories you can make up. And He said, "This is what we got for ya, kid. Try not to lose it." Kids lose everything unless there's someone there to look out for them. And if your parents are too fucked up to do it, then maybe I should.

Last edited:
This is loaded with good ones:

WESTWORLD SPOILERS

You wanted me. Well, let this be a lesson.

And the lesson is: If you're looking for a reckoning, a reckoning is what you'll find.

If you're looking for a villain, then I'm your man.

But look at yourselves. This world you've built is bound by villainy. You sleep on the broken bodies of the people that were here before you. Warm yourselves with their embers.

Plow their bones into your fields! You paid them for this land with lead, and I'll pay you back in full!

You wanted me?! Well, all I can say to that is... here I fucking am!

The Sopranos:
Dr. Melfi: "When's the last time you had a prostate exam?"
Tony Soprano: "Hey, I don't even let anyone wag their finger in my face!"

The Wire:
"There were two of them, I was outnumbered."
Detective Jimmy McNulty explains why he ends up starting to have sex with two prostitutes while undercover.

"He gave us thirteen years on the line... not enough for a pension but enough for us to know that he was, despite his negligible Irish ancestry, his defects of personality and his inconstant sobriety and hygiene, a true murder police."
An ode to Jimmy.

Reactions: Ardent
Will have to think about other ones, but one that immediately popped into my head is from the second half of Deathly Hollows:

Harry: "Hermione, when have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get in there, all hell breaks loose."

I like it because it acknowledges the trope of not just every Harry Potter movie/book, but practically every movie ever. Nothing EVER goes according to plan, so I loved when we had a hero essentially say "Screw the plan. Let's just wing it."

Reactions: Shiri
"You'll get no sympathy from me! You want sympathy, look in the dictionary, between shit and syphilis!" Major Payne.

"Lo there do I see my father. Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live...forever." -13th Warrior.

"Freeze, you'll die!" Batman Beyond
"Believe me, you're the only one that cares," Mr Freeze just before creating an ice wall, keeping Batman away just as the building exploded.

"Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day..." - The Grey

"I want you to remember Clark, in all the years to come, in all your private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you," -Batman Dark Knight Returns.

Last edited:
The entire supersuit exchange in the Incredibles will forever hold a special place in my heart, for obvious reasons.

Here comes the Doctor Who quotes:

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't always spoil the good things and make them unimportant." — The Doctor

"Letting it get to you. You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now is all that counts." — The Doctor

"You know when sometimes you meet someone so beautiful, and then you actually talk to them, and five minutes later they're dull as a brick. But then there's other people, and you meet them and you think 'not bad, they're okay', and then you get to know them, and their face sort of becomes them, like their personality's written all over it, and they just they turn into something so beautiful..." — Amy Pond

"Superior intelligence and senseless cruelty just do not go together." — The Doctor

"You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." — The Doctor

"Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard." — The Doctor

"Oh, come on! Don't be upset! Yes, you've failed, you failed! But failure is one of the basic freedoms." — The Doctor

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey, Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship of The Ring.

"My momma always said, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."' - Forrest Gump

"You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!"
Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry."
-Altered Carbon

"All boundaries are conventions, waiting to be transcended. One may transcend any convention if only one can first conceive of doing so. Moments like this, I can feel your heart beating as clearly as I feel my own, and I know that separation is an illusion. My life extends far beyond the limitations of me. " - Cloud Atlas

I'm sure that there are more but these are two of my favorites.

'' I'm yours, and I'm not yours. '' - Her 2013, I've always loved that quote. I saw Her the first time back in 2016 and during that time I got out of a toxic relationship. This quote made me feel better, or even stronger I suppose to get out of the relationship? I'll always be my own before I'm somebody else's, if that makes sense?

There's another quote that hit me hard in that movie but I can't remember it right now. It goes something like '' He wanted me to try, and I tried but I didn't try the way he wanted me to try and he got mad at me, '', which pretty much resembles my entire toxic relationship.

It's a great movie too! Whenever people ask me about my long distance relationship I tell them that Her is pretty good at showing what it's like ^-^

From The Crow (1994)

Sarah: People once believed that when someone dies, a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead. But sometimes, something so bad happens that a terrible sadness is carried with it and the soul can't rest. Then sometimes, just sometimes, the crow can bring that soul back to put the wrong things right.

Sarah: A building gets torched, all that is left is ashes. I used to think that was true about everything, families, friends, feelings. But now I know, that sometimes if love proves real, two people who are meant to be together, nothing can keep them apart.

Top Dollar: Dad gave me this. Fifth birthday. He said, "Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die."

Top Dollar: Greed is for amateurs. Disorder, chaos, anarchy: now that's fun!

Reactions: Shiri and Dipper
"...there's some friendship in the world, and it's worth fightin' for." - My Little Pony- Friendship is Magic

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Shiri
"It's the way you're unfriendly. You're so polite about it. Like you're doing me a favor." - Mike Milligan from Fargo.

• Love
Reactions: Aero Blue
Reactions: Bone2pick
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." - Rhett Butler to Scarlett in Gone with the Wind

That will always be the most satisfying part of the movie to me.

Reactions: OnI6470