Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Genres
High/Dark Fantasy, Science fiction (Preferably the more earth or single planet kinds) Steampunk/Cyberpunk, Horror, Modern with a twist.
So with the recent talks of Jessica Jones, more precisely with Kilgrave, I thought I'd ask everyone their favourite "Fictional Monsters" top 5 or top 10, whatever you want, just give some sort of reason why you like them and why they are your favourite.

It can be the literal term, like Frankenstein's Monster, Nemesis from Resi Evil 3, etc or in the more figurative term, such as Kilgrave.

So go and list them!

Headcrabs.

Nuff said.

Reactions: Windsong

This fucking guy.

Cos seriously, there is nothing more terrifying than a man who devotes himself to an ideal so utterly he is capable of any depravity in its name.
Fucking this.

James the Illusionist I dunno, this is kind of a hard one. So let me just vomit up a list of monsters that come to mind.
  • Xenomorphs from the Alien franchise.
  • Predators from the Predator franchise.
  • Godzilla, from any of the Godzilla franchise films, except for the unmentionable abomination. You know which one I'm talking about. Fuck you, 90's.
  • Starship Troopers bugs. I prefer the ones from the novel but the film ones are neat too.
  • The Thing, the 1984 version doe.
Though seriously, few things top this. Or this. Really, any human so far detached from their moral compass that they revert to animalistic impulses, or having fallen so far into vicarious fantasy as to wish to manifest it, are probably my favourite monsters. An alien or a predator can't really look you in the eyes the way a person can, and there's little more terrifying than staring into a person's eyes and seeing a maniacal glint eyeing you up like a turkey to carve to pieces.

• Love
Reactions: Darog
The wig monsters from John Dies at the End crack me up.

Oh yeah. Always liked this scene from Silent Hill:
tumblr_mravp88nDi1s4vz0xo1_500.gif

• Love
My favorite 'monster' would have to be Yami Bakura.
I also like the chupacabra.
Can't think of any others right now.

1. The Minotaur.
    • He's been my favourite since I was very young, simply due to his immense strength. Now, nostalgia plays a big factor, though I also like the design aspects of modern interpretations.
  2. The Gorgons.
    • My fascination with them likely originated from reading the quebecois novels Amos Daragon as a kid, in which one of the four protagonists was a gorgon. Similarly to the minotaur, I also like modern interpretations from a design perspective. Plus, what an OP power?
    • More specifically, I am fascinated with their origin. Transformed forever into monsters as punishment for allowing herself to be raped by Poseidon makes for a rather tragic tale in society's current sensibilities.
I could perhaps expand this list with mermaids, sirens, and pig-men—in no particular order—but they aren't nearly as dear nor as clear to me as these two.

Due perhaps to always acting the villains when my brother and I played pretend, I have a tendency to sympathize with monsters more often than not.

The wig monsters from John Dies at the End crack me up.

Oh yeah. Always liked this scene from Silent Hill:
tumblr_mravp88nDi1s4vz0xo1_500.gif
Oh man, those pop-lockin' hot zombie strippers!

• Love
DERGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNS!!!!!!!!!!

Kinyqzziq.png

I'm also in a bit of a mermaid phase right now as well... >w>

chibi_mermaid_by_lucifer_krusnik00-d8owuuv.png

Though not a monster by some definition...

Hannibal Lecter.

Status
Not open for further replies.