3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
Do you have an all-time favourite fanfic or dojin?

Link us to it (and tell us what fandom it's for) so we can share in its awesome!

My favourite (at least right now) is a Royed Fullmetal Alchemist fic by Wheresilencebegins, who's still my favourite author for that series (except maybe a tie with Daen, who does/used to do dojinshi). It's genres are Hurt/Comfort and Romance, and it's rated M for some pretty NSFW content.

Out of Fire and Ash the Phoenix Rises
Caught in a web of despair after being raped, Ed can't find his way back through the darkness. Only Roy is the fire that can burn away the shadows but Ed still needs to get past his fear or the flames will consume him rather than save him. RoyxEd

=3= well fine then, just remember to wipe your butts after all that

Do you have an all-time favourite fanfic or dojin?

Link us to it (and tell us what fandom it's for) so we can share in its awesome!

My favourite (at least right now) is a Royed Fullmetal Alchemist fic by Wheresilencebegins, who's still my favourite author for that series (except maybe a tie with Daen, who does/used to do dojinshi). It's genres are Hurt/Comfort and Romance, and it's rated M for some pretty NSFW content.

Out of Fire and Ash the Phoenix Rises
Caught in a web of despair after being raped, Ed can't find his way back through the darkness. Only Roy is the fire that can burn away the shadows but Ed still needs to get past his fear or the flames will consume him rather than save him. RoyxEd
I was about to click on the link but then realized it was NSFW. I may read it later, there's gotta be something there that makes it your favorite.

Reactions: Minibit
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6095074/1/Takamachi-Nanoha-of-2814

Takamachi Nanoha of 2814!

The beginning of an Alternate Universe made of Awesome and Lampshade Hangings.

What began as a logical power swap (Nanoha, a magical girl known for her blasting capabilities, instead gets a Green Lantern Ring and becomes the GL of Sector 2814--Earth!), quickly evolves into a massive multiversal crossover!

The casts of Sailor Moon, Negima, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha form a Magical Girl Alliance!

Superman (!) becomes the Big Brother Mentor to Nanoha (!)

Batman (!) becomes the Berserker for the Fifth Holy Grail War (!!!)

Emiya Shirou is still a moron who gets to fuck Saber and Rin (!!!)

The casts of Fate Stay Night, Fate Zero, the DC Animated Universe, and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha join forces to fight the Holy Grail War!

Green Lantern Nanoha recreates her infamous Starlight Breaker as a Green Lantern construct and nearly decimates the moons of Oa! Her Starlight Breaker joins the ranks of forbidden acts in the multiverse, which includes peering into the beginning of time and going into Gotham without Batman's permission!

Syaoran Li from Cardcaptor Sakura turns out to be the younger cousin of Lady Shiva from DC Comics!

Cardcaptor Sakura's Tomoyo is secretly a conniving villain on par with Lex Luthor who has such lumaries as Deathstroke the Terminator, Lady Shiva, and David Cain all on her payroll!

Fate Testarossa becomes the new commander of the Yellow/Sinestro Lantern Corps, now renamed into the more good-aligned Order of Fate!

Basically, this is one of those "what the hell did I just read....and can I read more of it?" fanfics that runs on unadulterated crazy awesome!

Says the one whos favorite story is a Rape-fic. The most angst ridden trope in fanfiction.
Calling it a rape fic makes it sound like it contains copious rape scenes (false) or that it's about a character getting raped (also false). It's actually a story about recovery, trust and healing. I like it for its themes of strength and faith and the author's poetic style just as much as for the feels-inducing premise. I'm aware it's been done to death; so has 'unlikely heroes defeat an evil overlord' but that doesn't mean there aren't good stories in that vein.

I've been going through a really rough, despondent time in my life, and coming back to this story inspired me to start writing and giving a fuck about the world around me again. I'm diving into this fandom head first, because it's a motivation to get out of bed in the morning.

TLDR:
Don't you judge me man...

Reactions: Lady B

On a more serious note, check out LoZ: Paradise Calling. I'm not a big Fanfiction person, because 90% of it is... meh. But I was directed to that one by a friend and pleasantly surprised. It's pretty good.

Oh! Oh! I totally forgot about this, because I never really read fanfiction, but I stumbled across this set of Sailor Moon fanfics a while ago, and they're just plain amazing. They're written as bedtime stories, and they're quite sad, actually... The author is Seanan McGuire, and you should totally check them out, even if you're not into Sailor Moon.

The Princess Who Called Lightning

The Ice King's Daughter

Gold as Sun, Blue as Sky

Ash, Soot, and Flame

The Prince Who Loved Roses

Four Princesses Who Sought the Moon

Sea and Shore and In-Between

• Thank You
Regret Like Tears. Phantom of the Opera fanfic, recasting the characters in a drastically different scenario. The themes and relationships between them remain similar, however, keeping the integrity of the original work intact. It's one of the best adaptations of a work I've ever come across - enough elements are new to avoid feeling stale or repetitious or unoriginal, while maintaining a close and respectful relationship with the original. Very, very elegantly written, as well. Awesome stuff. Warning: It's rated M for a reason, there are muucchhhooosss sex scenes. It's also (apparently) 95000 words long.

• Thank You
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6154638/1/The-Hill-of-Swords

The Hill of Swords, by gabrielblessing
-Fate Stay Night/Familiar of Zero crossover. Louise de Valliere summons Shirou Emiya/Archer instead of Hiiraga Saito. These are their adventures.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3836122/1/Blessings-Broken-Bow

Blessings: Broken Bow, by Davner
-Ah! My Goddess fanfic. First part of the Blessings series. The result when you apply Air Force logistics to AMG's vision of Heaven and Norse mythology. Awesomeness and a sprawling war epic unfolds through the Blessings series, beginning here.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4259199/1/Sidereal
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4286500/1/Tyranny_Reborn

Sidereal and Tyranny Reborn, by Rigil Kent
-The only two completed parts of a Star Wars EU alternate universe, beginning where The Thrawn Trilogy left off. The premise is Mara Jade becomes Luke Skywalker's first and only dedicated Jedi apprentice and how they lay the foundations for the new generation of Jedi. In the shadows, the forces of the Dark Side and the Empire stir.

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.