Favourite childhood TV show/movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mu

it’s better then they’re a little bit of a loser.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
I stumbled across the Cantonese version of Lion King and Lion King 2 and I must say I died inside because of how familiar the songs were. Zira's My Lullaby is so ferocious, I remember I used to be so scared of her.

And Not One of Us was one of the best ones in Cantonese~

I still can't sing them. So good ; u ;

Also Digimon.

It's hard to pick just one being honest.

Ahh... Those were the good old days...

I also really liked Fairly Odd Parents and Jimmy Neutron. Oh man, I remember back when they did those Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour crossovers, those were just down right awesome; the way they handled the differences in animation was amazing. I'd love to see more shows do stuff like that. Both shows got kind of awful after a while, but that tends to happen with long-running TV shows like that. Oh how I miss those glory days, though...

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lawkheart
@Hatsune Candy I love how the creator of Courage the Cowardly Dog made the show just to put all of his crazy into something. It was his crazy outlet and Cartoon network paid him for it ^_^

Reactions: Hatsune Candy
How childhood are we going here? Because I remember when I was super little, PB&J Otter was my show xD Bear in the Big Blue House also was quite a hit on younger me, and I watched The Wiggles a little too once my little brother had joined the family.

If we're talking less baby and more actual child, I'd need to say Spongebob, Teen Titans (I blame this show for my current love of character shipping), Fairly Odd Parents, and Jimmy Neutron. Probably a lot more too, but this is what I've got coming to my mind right now ^^

Reactions: K3l
Alvin and the Chipmunks. o_______o

BEETLEJUICE. OMG. I would be Lydia. I LOOKED like a little Lydia so it was a piece of cake. @.@

Chip and Dale's Rescue rangers. 8D

Gummi Bears

The ORIGINAL MY LITTLE PONY. >:[

Denver, the last diiinosaur! and DINOSAUCERS.

Duck Tales!

Grimm's Fairy Tales!

The Littl' Bits. O__O I remembering being obsessed with trying to see the ending of that show, but I never got to. D:

Muppet Babies. 8D

And then TWEEN/TEEN Diana loved:
Gargoyles
Sailor Moon
Highlander

a few other I can't think of right now. O_O

MYSTERIOUS CITIES OF GOLD. THAT SHOW WAS AWESOME.

THE ONLY THING ON THIS LIST EVEN REMOTELY ACCEPTABLE WAS TRANSFORMERS THE ANIMATED MOVIE.

THE REST OF YOU BOW DOWN TO THIS, THE BEST CARTOON EVER MADE:

• Bucket of Rainbows
Hmm... If we're talking childhood favorite, then I'm gonna go with that meaning under 13, because then I have an easy choice instead of debating options. Little Jorick's favorite show was Batman: The Animated Series, which Razilin correctly named as the best cartoon ever.

As for movies, I dunno, hard to say. Little Jorick liked some of the Disney ones a lot, particularly Aladdin and The Lion King, but I also recall frequent re-watching of things like Fern Gully and The Pagemaster. Any of them would be a decent pick, so I'll just be lazy and say they all tie for first place.

Courage the Cowardly Dog, Digimon, Pokemon, Zoids, Invader Zim, Pink Panther, and a number of others... but the best of all had to be...

• Bucket of Rainbows
Motherfucking veggie tales

• Bucket of Rainbows
Pokemon and Moomins were my top picks as a kid. My mother actually knew all the dialogue for a number of the Moomin episodes from memory simply because my siblings and I watched the episodes over and over again from the good old VHS tapes.

Dear god, I can't handle this nostalgia! I used to take such pride from the fact that I could sing those damned songs from memory and get every single word right. Jesus christ...

I also liked watching The Land Before Time movies. I loved the small flying dinosaur that was called Petri in the Finnish dub above all else for some reason.

Also, I recently stumbled upon this one animated movie called Help! I'm a Fish and I was consumed by all the childhood feels. I remember loving the movie as a kid but I had long since forgotten what it was called.

• Bucket of Rainbows
There's been like, 2 respectable answers so far.

Here, have another:

How can none of you remember the single manliest, sassiest man alive? The one who I dedicated my username to? :ferret:

Man I'm pretty.

Now, I may not be that old but there are quite a few shows I loved as a kid. As for movies... The biggest ones for me were Happy Gilmore, Mrs. Doubtfire, Big Daddy, Rock a Doodle, All Dogs go to Heaven, and Beauty and the Beast the Enchanted Christmas.

Goof Troop
Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers
The Munsters
Mister Ed
Tailspin
Teen Titans
Ben 10 (the original series)
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Totally Spies
Looney Toons (original)
The Flinstones
The Little Mermaid (the TV series)
Lilo and Stitch (TV series)
The Emperor's New School
Dave the Barbarian
Kim Possible
That's So Raven
Full House
Recess
Tarzan (the TV series and the movie)
The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Pokemon
Yu-Gi-Oh
Catdog
Ducktales
House of Mouse
Gargoyles
Batman the Animated series
Jackie Chan Adventures
American Dragon Jake Long
And I seriously can't forget the Jerry Springer show. I constantly watched that with my dad.

• Love
Reactions: SacredWarrior
Status
Not open for further replies.