3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Romance, modern, comedy, post-apocalyptic, slice of life.
Hello fellow weebs, I know you've got one or two or even ten in mind when you think of best OPs and EDs. There are some real bangers that come out of anime and I want you to share them today so we mayhaps learn of a new bop or two 😤

Here are some that I think slap:

I first heard this when I was a teenager and it has never stopped being good.

Overlord is one of my favourite animes and I only discovered it because this song was sooo good that I had to see what anime it was for.

I didn't even like this anime, but I did grow up listening to sooo much of Kagerou Project. The vocals blow me away every time.

I am not nearly so into anime anymore - but here are some of the ones I remember most. Those last two are a nostalgia gut punch.

Well, if I'm going to make a post on this, might as well make it thorough?

SINCE YOU ASKED
First off let's start with some @PavellumPendulum might enjoy based on this selection, some Myth & Roid classics.

It helps that Re:Zero's (The Dark Souls of Isekai) first ED is visually stunning.

Tanya the Evil has another Myth & Roid track,

Though when it comes to Tanya, I prefer the ED. The song rules and though it's essentially a slideshow the art used is gorgeous.

And and to round out examples I think you'd enjoy musically, Aldnoah.Zero's 2nd ED is a must.

BANGERS SPECIFICALLY
Moving onto openings with music I really adore there's the little known Sakura Quest and it's wonderful Ending song.

The treat that is My Love Story!!'s opening, best rom-com anime ever made.
"Miraikei Answer (未来形Answer)" by TRUSTRICK | MY love STORY!!

UHG such great memories coming back as I put together this list, how could I ever forget Princess Jellyfish's Ending? Looking at this again is simply rapture.
Princess Jellyfish anime - ending - générique - OFFICIEL

Kill La Kill brings us two Killer Songs, their first ending,
Kill la Kill Ending 1

and second opening, respectively.
Kill la Kill Opening 2

I'll forever be haunted by the piano and vocals from Toki Tsukasadoru Juuni no Meiyaku.
STEINS;GATE ED

Durarara!!'s first opening is a classic, but I'd be lying if I said I liked it more than it's sequel.
Durarara!! Opening 2

LONG RUNNERS
Some samplings of favorites from shows with more than a few to choose from, starting with my top two One Piece,
Kokoro No Chizu has some sick HORNS

And I'm probably just biased when it comes to Hope for being part of my favorite arc with my favorite antagonist.

Fullmetal Alchemist is wall to wall with slick tracks, but top of the heap has always been Period, by CHEMISTRY (Kimblee looking like bad-photoshop as he slides down at Briggs not-withstanding)

Not a lot of folks are familiar with Slayers nowadays, but even fewer can come after the crown worn by Megumi Hayashibara

Let us all take a moment to pay respects to the anime opening that set so many trends.

Fate may have a lot of nonsense I can't put up with, but Fate/Zero was immaculate and this opening was Nice.

UNIQUE SELECTIONS
Some openings offer something really new to the viewer and deserve some extra attention for standing out in unexpected ways. For example Beastars is not only a CG anime, but it's opening is Stop Motion!

You'll be hard pressed to find me an opening more unexpected than Paranoia Agent's, though the song is still as catchy as it is fascinating.

From the opening being so hardcore and then the ending being so endearing, WATAMOTE has a lot to offer.

Being performed by Kitta Izumi, the actress for Tomoko, gives it that extra charm.

Certainly not a lot of openings like Wonder Egg Priority's.

ENGLISH SONGS
I'm not talking about covers that were dubbed officially along side the show, or about well produced cover songs by fan/online artists, I mean openings that featured English songs in their original Japanese broadcasting, and some of them are also top shelf material starting with STRAY

Did you know there is an anime adaptation of The Count of Monte Cristo? Did you also know this was it's Opening?

Present Day. Present Time.

Due to copyright/broadcasting rights nonsense there's a much weaker version of this opening that would be used for airing.

If it were not for the bespoke animation one might think Black Butler's Ending was an AMV!

Did you know that the author of One Piece, Eiichiro Oda is a fan of Avril Lavigne (He's even drawn her in his style!)? As a result she sang two covers for the ending credits of One Piece Film: Z.

It was fun to have an anime introduce me to a Freddie Mercury song.

Last but not least, the untouchable opening to Speed Grapher!

THE WHOLE PACKAGE
Now we get to The Good Stuff. Great music is obviously a huge part of what makes a great intro, but if you want to be in my good graces, you need everything. Jam-worthy songs alongside stunning visuals and stylish direction. These are the 10 outta 10s, starting with DEATH PARADE

Something more mellow, but one of the most meticulously constructed openings I've ever seen is ODDTAXI.

Absolutely gorgeous, March Comes In Like a Lion and so does this Opening

From the New World's ED is so mesmerizing

If you thought Stiens;Gate wouldn't show up again in this pile of a post, you thought WRONG

Baccano! is the only opening on here that doesn't have vocals, but this is hardly surprising. There's a lot to keep your eye on in this intro, you don't need the distraction.

The ending of Kekkai Sensen stands heads and shoulders above a lot of Openings.

In 2015 this opening blew us all away, and with good reason.

Psycho-Pass has a bonkers good first ED,

But the 2nd Opening is Something Else (And doubles as an English opening)!

Some of my favorites:

Reactions: foodforpigs
Ah, how could I neglect Jujutsu Kaisen's fabulous ED? Big ups to @Quake on that addition.

• Thank You
Reactions: Quake
I’m unable to link stuff rn, but “Rock City Boy” from Fairy Tail and “Hey Kids” from Noragami are absolute BOPS

I mean I got seven hours of like 95% mecha songs on my phone if you want me to start hitting the character limit on a single post.

In terms of both the music and the visuals, man do I love the opening to FLAG:
The way the intensity of the music builds, contrasting conflicts around the world with Saeko's own childhood, growing more and more modern until it ends with her own wartime photography and finally Saeko looking at her reflection as she's embedded in a squad. Man I need to find somewhere to rewatch FLAG.

Also I love Turn A Turn, the first opening to Turn A Gundam:

And Honoo no Sadame from Armored Trooper VOTOMS:
Surely there will be a tomorrow, after today...

Some pretty good ones in here! I'll start from childhood and work my way forward as best I can. I'll put the names of the songs if I can remember them.

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing OP 1 - Just Communication
My first anime. The second opening is also good!

InuYasha ED 1 - My Will
I pretty much always liked the soundtracks from InuYasha, but the ending of season 1 will always be a classic for me. And I really liked the visuals.

Ghost in the Shell SAC OP 1
Classic. Second one, too!

Chobits OP - Let Me Be With You
Very memorable for me and incredibly catchy.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni OP
Still one of the best opening songs, though I thought all of the Higurashi op's were good.

Soul Eater ED 3 - Bakusou Yume Uta
Slaps.

PSYCHO-PASS OP 1
That guitar tho.

Space Dandy OP - Viva Namida
This show was.. something else. lol

Michiko to Hatchin OP - Paraiso
Potential NSFW Warning! Stunning use of color.

Michiko to Hatchin ED - Best Friend
Lovely imagery and color as well.

Aaaaand I don't know that these really count as anime, but I thought they were in line with it given the particular choice of style versus typical American cartoons (which are hideously ugly, most of them). And if not, they're still good.

W.I.T.C.H. OP

Code Lyoko OP

Totally Spies OP

Reactions: Quake
I know it's not a TV show, but there is a Higurashi game with a song called Nageki No Mori, or something like that. Can't tell you how many times I've had it stuck in my head.