Favourite Accents

Status
Not open for further replies.
When y'all say British are we talking like Jamie Carragher or like Benedict Cumberbatch?
Going by the video?
Benedict is closer... But there isn't really one specific British accent I like.
I enjoy a decent number of them.

Reactions: King
German.

But I can dig the Newfie. I went to Rome and there was a really hot Newfie in our tour group and he and I went out at the hotel and sat out on the balcony and looked at all the lights spread out in the dark while we talked about politics. His voice was actually kinda charming. Usually I just associate Newfies with rigging since I grew up in Fort Mac so that was a nice change.

I think my favorite accent so far is when native Japanese people are speaking English. This is especially wonderful when they are adamantly trying to dissuade negative behavior or incorrect perceptions of things. "Dame! NO! NO! NO!" I need to go back to Japan.

I think I like the Londoner, Yorkshire and Glasgowian accent most.

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
My favorite accents are the ones I can understand.

:P

Seriously, I hate not being able to understand what people are saying. It's super awkward.

Italian, Jamaican, and Russian.

I also have a special love for Mexican accents, because I love it when my manfriend speaks Spanish around me.

I am quite fond of Scottish/Irish accents.

I like the German, Russian and Cajun accents as well.

Jaimaican, Scottish and Dutch. Something about the dutch accent just sounds super happy to my ears, like they're having a great day xD

I like the western American accent because it sounds very free flowing and nice, where southern American accents are heavy and hard to understand. I also think that Vietnamese English accent sounds very funny :'D

Irish, British and Aussie. I can be a sucker for accents sometimes. I wish my husband had one but technically we have NYC Accents even though we don't think we do. lol.

I like the western American accent because it sounds very free flowing and nice, where southern American accents are heavy and hard to understand. I also think that Vietnamese English accent sounds very funny :'D
Heavy and hard to understand? I do declare that I never once was told my accent was hard and heavy to understand. We just speak slower than the rest. Folks on the west coast speak too damn fast. That's just me.

British accents. Goddamn British accents.
Which one? There's plenty.

For me, it's a tossup of the South London accent-

Michael Fucking Caine's accent, if you didn't know.

And the Rhodesian accent-

If I was a Newfie, I'd be pretty happy with my awesome accent.

I also really dig German and Russian accents. Achtung, tovarich.
The entirety of the Wehrmacht casualties on the Eastern Front have just reached 500rpm. Germany and Russia have begun debating the moral issues associated with using these spinning dead men as a new source of power for their nations.

Heavy and hard to understand? I do declare that I never once was told my accent was hard and heavy to understand. We just speak slower than the rest. Folks on the west coast speak too damn fast. That's just me.
Haha maybe it's not every Southern person, but i think it's very different from other american accents. I did not learn southern american English, so it's difficult for me to listen to :P

Cockney. Every statement becomes comedy gold.

Reactions: O|NoSoul
Status
Not open for further replies.