Favorite Video Game Soundtracks

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Valentyne, Dec 31, 2014.

1. If you ask me, I like video game music (especially RPG music) better than any other music.

So, since I don't think there's currently a live thread on this, let's post our favorite tracks from said video games. I have a ton I could post, but I'll start with a few.

Fire Emblem: Binding Blade: In The Name of Bern (Generals of Bern boss theme), Battle for Whose Sake (semifinal boss theme), Shaman in the Dark (final boss theme).
    Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword: Softly With Grace (Four Fangs boss theme), Everything Into The Dark (semifinal boss theme), Campaign of Fire (final boss theme).
    Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones: Powerful Foe (special boss theme), The Prince's Despair (semifinal boss theme), Return of the Demon King (final boss theme), Lights in the Dark (final chapter overworld theme).
    • Like Like x 1
  2. On phone so I can't link specific songs atm.

But I'd have to say Halo, Xcom & Mass Effect.
    • Like Like x 1

3. My favorite track from the series, but ME1's credit song and ME3's remaster of it are up there too.
  4. Ahhh there is too much game music I love! Whenever I try to list my favourites, I just forget about a bunch of them... I guess I'll just toss out a few things from my bag of goodies =w=

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. I love Radiant Historia, but you beat me to it!
    My other two favorite tracks from the game:

• Like Like x 1
  7. TES V: Skyrim OST/Dragonborn DLC OST (the new tracks)
    Morrowind OST (Nevar Rising is a classic)
    Various tracks from the Crysis 1, 2 and 3 OSTs
    TES IV: Oblivion OST
    Blinx OST (especially the Times Square theme and generic Boss Battle theme)
    JSRF (Jet Set Radio Future) OST
    Fable 1, 2 and 3 OSTs
    Black and White 1 and 2 OSTs
    The numerous Battlefield main themes and assorted soundtracks laced throughout the OST listings
    ME1 OST
    Halo: Combat Evolved OST, Halo 2 OST, Halo 3 OST, and Halo 3: ODST OST
    Supreme Commander and Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance OSTs; Supreme Commander 2's OST was 'meh'
    Medal of Honor: Rising Sun OST and Medal of Honor: European Assault OST
    Star Wars: Republic Commando OST
    Pretty much every Pokemon OST ever conceived
    HAWX 1 OST
    Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Call of Duty 2: Big Red One and Call of Duty 3 OSTs
    • Like Like x 3
  8. I'm more fond of this one:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Do Visual Novels count too?
  10. Did someone say Visual Novel?

This last one... My heart... <//3 TT__TT

• Like Like x 1

13. How could I forget Monster Hunter!? (I told you this would happen)

• Love Love x 1
  14. I have so very many favorites... I'll list them by series.

Fire Emblem: Galdr of Rebirth, Reminiscence (Ninian's Theme), Together We Ride, Don't Speak Her Name! (aka Manakete cries forever), and You have power... like mine.
    Golden Sun: Isaac's Battle theme, Overworld theme, main theme.
    Legend of Zorlda Zelda: Ballad of the Wind Fish, Midna's Lament, Ballad of the Goddess (SSB4 version), Gerudo Valley (SSB4 version), Hyrule Field theme (Twilight Princess).
    Final Fantasy: You're Not Alone! (FF9), The Sunleth Waterscape (FF13), Terra's Theme (FF6), Elia, Maiden of Water (FF3), Rose of May (FF9).
    Bravely Default: Overworld theme, Conflict's Chime (battle theme).
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: Brachydios theme, Ceadeus theme (part 2), Lagiacrus theme.
    Fantasy Life: Reverie of Reveria, Just Wanna Mine! (Miner's Song), Starless Restaurant (Cook's Song), Behold, the Master Smith! (Blacksmith's Song), Fisherman's Oath (Angler's Song). (I would post links to the Life songs, but no good quality ones are on Youtube x_x)

I could post a lot more... but there's already a lot here, so xD I'm now going to go play Fantasy Life so I can go unlock more master Life songs >_>
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Ace combat all the way baby!

Show Spoiler

and the list goes on....
  16. As far as FF music goes, I'd like to add To Zanarkand, Dancing Mad, and The Devil's Lab.

And Bravely Default:
    Ibitsu Naru Shinen Sono na ha Mao
    Wicked Flight
    Serpent Eating The Ground
    • Like Like x 2
  17. OH