Falcon

Adventure Finder
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
I have a shifting work schedule, so My online times will be random.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, scifi, futuristic modern, fantasy modern, Action/adventure, Mystery, Fan-based,
What is your favorite vacation spot?
Why type of things do you like to do on vacation?
If you could take any vacation (assuming you had the money for it) what would you do?

As for me, I'll take anything that involves a beach and/or time with good friends ^_^
Vacation is time to relax and do fun things, whether it means time for extra sleep, or visiting places I don't usually get to go.

Hmm.. What a good question. :D

I would have to say my favorite vacation spot is a tie between Denver CO and the north woods of Wisconsin.

I read a lot on vacation. I think last year in Denver I went through like 3 books in one week. :) If we're at the cabin it's always fun to fish, kayak, canoe, hike, hunt for raspberries. Just being outside in general unless the skeeters are bad.

But if I could go anywhere in the world it would be to backpack across Europe. I have always had a fascination with Greece and would adore going there for a visit. I would also settle with Ireland, Spain and France as well. Anywhere new and exciting would be the best, honestly.

b9975807z.1_20130816144544_000_gge21b9g.1-0.jpg

If you like to travel, put the Apostle Islands in Bayfield Wisconsin on your list. They have some of the most amazing caves you have ever seen. It's a hidden gem in a state that doesn't get much credit for those. :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon and Esthalia
Pfft, going places and doing things. My ideal vacation is just not having to work, staying at home and relaxing. I'm boring and easily pleased like that.

Hmm.. What a good question. :D

I would have to say my favorite vacation spot is a tie between Denver CO and the north woods of Wisconsin.

I read a lot on vacation. I think last year in Denver I went through like 3 books in one week. :) If we're at the cabin it's always fun to fish, kayak, canoe, hike, hunt for raspberries. Just being outside in general unless the skeeters are bad.

But if I could go anywhere in the world it would be to backpack across Europe. I have always had a fascination with Greece and would adore going there for a visit. I would also settle with Ireland, Spain and France as well. Anywhere new and exciting would be the best, honestly.

b9975807z.1_20130816144544_000_gge21b9g.1-0.jpg

If you like to travel, put the Apostle Islands in Bayfield Wisconsin on your list. They have some of the most amazing caves you have ever seen. It's a hidden gem in a state that doesn't get much credit for those. :)
That is gorgeous!!

Usually my parents and I go to vermont for little trips. We went to bermuda once, but didn't have a very good experience. There was a hurricane that severed the boat from the dock and half the people were stranded on land during the storm. D:

I'd either like to go to the US and meet some of the many friends I've made online over the years, or go backpacking around southeast Asia. Japan is pretty high on my list too.

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
You can drive a half hour in any direction from my city and find a lake :)

I like to go camping, or even just have a beach day. Walking through the woods, swimming in the water, ooh and I love kayaking though I haven't gotten to do that in Years

• Thank You
Not really a vacation place. But my favorite place to visit during the summer is.... The Blue Hole :D

santarosa_bluehole.jpg

It's just a 2 hour drive from here. So pretty. It's always that blue. And a constant temperature of 61 degrees. It's gated off at 81' and you can jump off the rocks, or just swim. Some people scuba dive.

My husband and I love to cruise. I want to take a cruise to every possible destination I can. Its so beautiful. We love it. Our bucket list vacation though, and I will do this even if I'm 85 years old, is to go to Bora Bora. It's stupid expensive but its a dream of mine.

10398535_57159460138_4246106_n.jpg

The only thing I'll miss about Florida. :(

• Thank You
There's three completely different kinds of vacations I have a decent interest in.

1. Geek Vacation

This is the Vacation I go on with friends simply to Geek out and do Geek things.
Basically what would fall under this is mainly Conventions, when they do the guests and events well Cons are just an infinite source of fun and engagement.

2. The "This place is so cool" Vacation

Basically the countries I want to be able to visit, because I really like their culture and/or a lot of the stuff I like comes from there.
At the moment the only two Countries on this list are England and Japan.

3. The "I can go with Family and learn heritage" Vacation

I'm not one of those people who go "I am ______ and proud!". Taking pride in having a certain ancestry which you have no control over is silly in my mind.
However, that doesn't mean there isn't some part of that is interesting and has me curious about learning about where I came from and perhaps meeting some over seas family members.
The only two countries that hold enough ancestry to fall under this for me would be Portugal and Italy.

• Thank You
Death Valley USA. Nor-cal near Oregon border. Very beautiful places to drink beer.

• Thank You
My dream vacation is going on a cruise ship in the Caribbean or the Mediterranean!

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.