Favorite Teachers

K

Kitti

What did your favorite teacher (or teachers, if you just can't pick one) do to make them your favorite?​

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Haha... My mom XD I was homeschooled *lol*

But also all my teachers from Beauty School. They were just seriously awesome people - and so willing to teach that it made school fun!

Reactions: Shiri and Kitti
I had a teacher in sixth grade, Mrs. Stewart. She was my favourite. She was really nice, encouraging, especially with my writing stories.

My favorite teacher is.....my current supervisor~
I work within the school system, and my direct supervisor is the teacher of my classroom. She is hands down the most compassionate, and thoughtful educator I have ever encountered. This woman cares so much for her students, and is overall phenomenal. Our classroom specializes in teaching special needs Kindergarteners / 1st graders. It is not an easy job by any means, but our teacher nonetheless goes up, and above. Mind you she doesn't have to, but does so nonetheless. Not just for her students, but others as well.

This year in particular has been a very...taxing school year, yet we've managed to pull through as a collective unit. There are 5 adults in our classroom all day ( including our teacher, myself and 3 more, yet excluding a bunch more in terms of alternate services for the kids ), and having so many personalities mesh so harmoniously would not have had been possible with just any teacher standing up at the front of the class every day. And that, by extension benefits the children in so many ways. Happy, and enthusiastic teachers make for a wonderful environment for kids of any age. She's amazing, and I adore her.

In truth I will be utterly devastated when I eventually have to one day switch rooms, and as a result be assigned a new direct supervisor. My work days will never be quite the same. That I can say with utmost certainty.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Back in school, one of the classes I took-- in a subject I normally had quite a bit of difficulty with-- happened to be taught by one of the best professors I've had the privilege of studying under. His willingness to engage with students individually, to take time to figure out how best to impart his expertise to each person, really made an impression on me; it was readily apparent that he taught out of a sincere passion for the vocation, out of a desire to share knowledge. In point of fact, it was at least partially due to my experience with that professor that I ended up reconsidering my trajectory at the time and going into teaching. If I can be that teacher for even a single pupil, I'll be pretty happy with my life.

Reactions: Shiri
My economics teacher from senior year was hilarious. He also kept us on our toes with fun activities, sometimes movies, and very rarely lectured us. He was a cool guy.

He also gave us candy if we did well on a test.

Reactions: Shiri
My economics teacher was a nice guy. He made the class more bearable than it would have been if taught by any other teacher. He joked around a lot but could also be strict if he needed to be.

My electricity teacher was also a swell guy. He adored me and my friend for showing initiative since we were literally the only girls in the entire school to take the class that year. I'm not really sure why that was. I mean who doesn't love tesla coil music?

My psychology/sociology teacher(I took both his classes) was the dryest teacher I have ever had and that was his charm. Desert dry humor. I am not even kidding. And then when he did crack a joke he would put on the dorkiest smile. He was very aware that his voice had absolutely no inflection. And if you survived his monotonous lecture you would be confronted with the slight sway he constantly did while standing. Human pendulum.