Favorite Super-Villain and Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jokerorigins.gif

I have way too many favorites, so trying to pick my top favorite will take forever. So...I'm going with The Joker. Why? Because he doesn't do what he does for money, or for power, or anything of the sorts. What sets him apart from other villains is that he does it for the hell of it and has no other motive than for the fun of it. As well, he remains a mystery to everyone, including the readers. He remains a threat to everyone, not just the good guys. A perfect example of a villain, a perfect example of madness.

Reactions: Brovo
3873441-8604399236-ozy.j.jpg

"I did it 35 minutes ago."

Why? He actually wins. In just about every other comic or movie with superheroes, the villain loses, the hero wins and saves the day. Not in Watchmen. Ozymandias wins. By the time the others arrived to stop his plan, it had already been set it in motion. There was nothing they could do to stop him because he had already succeeded

Reactions: Cpt Toellner
Vader-Force-Choke.jpg

Because he's the first fictional character I ever became a fan of and I still love him.

Reactions: Razilin
venom_by_szhaddad2-d75qkfw.jpg

If my signature wasn't clear enough.

Venom has always a compelling villain for me because he really represents an alien, terrifying threat that negates all of Spider-Man's physical abilities and senses by being a wrathful, undetectable powerhouse that feeds off its hosts' rage and anger to take on a form that personifies that person. Spider-Man can't rely on his strength or supernatural senses and reflexes to overcome Venom because Venom is, in a way, a twisted reflection of Spider-Man. That the symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker because of his anger and powerlust, and was only removed by a will to overcome these negative traits was a pretty powerful message and one hell of a test of character for Peter, who I think is one of the most noble and virtuous comic book characters around. The fact that the living embodiment of his hate and rage returned to become a persistent and lethal adversary is fantastic, and in a way it's symbolic that our worst traits are always waiting just under the surface for a moment of weakness that we must always guard against is fantastic.

Last edited:
Reactions: K3l
@Asmodeus @Seiji

Found it on my spouse's movie shelf. She even got the special edition!
Apparently she's tried to get me to watch it a few times and I wasn't interested.
10658619_10153136700216385_5622706567423116921_o.jpg

Another favorite of mine that is a great super-villian.

Kefka from FF6!

@Razilin

They always get the cooler costumes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.