• Hip Hop, Rap

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • All of the above

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Something that isn't listed

Votes: 30 43.5%

• Total voters
Most anything recorded before 2000 O_O

I do like some of the more recent stuff, but my boyfriend has me hooked on more classical 80's and 90's music atm.

I like lots of different types of music.
Uhhmmm...

Classical, baroque, folk, classic rock, prog rock, heavy metal, some hard rock, industrial, EBM, darkwave, country, bluegrass, alternative country, folk-punk, horrorpunk, punk, gypsy punk, instrumental stuff, desert rock, symphonic metal, hardcore (like Black Flag), neo-classical, neo-folk.

I honestly can't say what I like best out of them!

I will listen to almost anything. The only thing I don't listen to is screamo and metal.

Classical and anything electronic (except hardstyle, jumpstyle, and most dubstep) are my two preferred genres, followed by 80's and some 90's good classics. Then, some pop, and some rock too. I don't like metal or screamo either. Let's list some styles and artists...

Classica-Tchaikovsky, Sibelius, Prokofiev, Beethoven;
Most psychedelic trance, goa, house, old house, ambient house (I love Carbon Based Lifeforms and Spiral Empire!)
Trance, techno-Satoshi Tomiie, Faithless, some Daft Punk, Maya Jane Coles, James Holden, some Moby...
Ambiental- I can think only of Steve Roach about now
Other melodical- Enya is awesome...

Then... Some mixed artists; Peter Gabriel, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Madonna, Michael Jackson, AC/DC, Kiss, Billy Idol, MGMT, Empire of The Sun, Liberto, Phaeleh, Bajofondo, Soda Stereo, ... and I just got bored of thinking but I know this is just a little bit of what I like...

What I don't like: Screamo, Jump/Hard/whateverStyle, Dubstep-with some really rare exceptions- , Drum n' Bass -except Seba-, heavy metal, and most latino melodical (Enrique Iglesias, Arjona, etc). I have a limited tolerance for music that laments about stuff (except tango, which I like), such as these two I just mentioned, and anything like country (when it goes kinda blue, otherwise melody is alright). Voices that are too strong, such as Christina Aguilera or Celine Dion will also end up with my patience too soon... Also I will get bored soon of anything too mainstreamed, no matter what, and if I sense it is made purposedly for the masses, I will hate it.

Anything else, I think, I am neutral with.

^^

80's!!!

"Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time. Don't stop me now..."

"Heeeeere we are, born to be kings! We're the Princes of the Universe. Here we belong, fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers..."

"Is this loooove, that I'm feelin'...is this looove, that I am lookin' fooooor...."

"Megatron must be stopped...no matter the cost.....You've got the Touch, you've got the POWAAAAAA (YEAH!)"

and of course...

"HEARTS ON FIRE, STRONG DESIRE, RAGES DEEP WITHIN, HEARTS ON FIRE, FEVER'S RISING HIIIIGH!"

I listen to a lot of different genres, but mostly Metal & Classical... I'd go into sub-genres but I'd be here for hours.

I usually listen to Metal or Rock, but I also listen to some classical music, especially if it involves pipe organs. I simply love them, and I think they sound absolutely majestic. However, most of the music I listen to is ambient, because ambient music is always a great inspiration for writing, or constructing parts of a world. I do not really have any pet peeves though, if I find that I like something about the music, then I will listen to it and enjoy doing so, without restricting myself to any genre. The only genre I do not really like is Hard Techno, but aside from that, I am okay with almost everything as long as it pleases my ears.

The thing that isn't listed is Alternative / Independent and such and whatnot. That's my favorite stuff right now. :3

The majority being on rock/metal makes me very happy.

Right now, I love gothic/folk, sort of like They Might be Giants (bad example) and Voltaire (gooder example), but I also like some metal, some classical, some techno (like Kraftwerk), some candy pop, some j-pop, etc. I pretty much like a little bit of all kinds of musics, except for country and rap. The only country I listen to is Voltaire's Hate Lives in a Small Town album, and the only rap I listen to is Chester from Linkin Park >.>

as long as all of the elements of music work,.. i am happy,.. :D

80's!!!

"Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time. Don't stop me now..."

"Heeeeere we are, born to be kings! We're the Princes of the Universe. Here we belong, fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers..."

"Is this loooove, that I'm feelin'...is this looove, that I am lookin' fooooor...."

"Megatron must be stopped...no matter the cost.....You've got the Touch, you've got the POWAAAAAA (YEAH!)"

and of course...

"HEARTS ON FIRE, STRONG DESIRE, RAGES DEEP WITHIN, HEARTS ON FIRE, FEVER'S RISING HIIIIGH!"
Are you reffering to Hammerfall? and obviously I am a huge Metal Head My favorite tends to be European Death Metal, the guitar work is simply incredible and the sound is so much different than what you get here in America. However, I love 80's Thrash metal, my favorite being Megadeth, if it has bad ass guitar solos I like it, and Ozzy is god lol

Are you reffering to Hammerfall? and obviously I am a huge Metal Head My favorite tends to be European Death Metal, the guitar work is simply incredible and the sound is so much different than what you get here in America. However, I love 80's Thrash metal, my favorite being Megadeth, if it has bad ass guitar solos I like it, and Ozzy is god lol

References are in order:
1) Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
2) Princes of the Universe - Queen
3) Is This Love - Whitesnake
4) The Touch - Stan Bush (from the Transformers Movie, the cartoon one)
5) Hearts on Fire - John Cafferty (from Rocky IV)

Is Megadeath back together again?

Yeah, they have put out a couple of new albums that all kick ass, Dave is still rockin harder than any guitarist I know of.

I love older rock music (almost everything, except Queen, Beatles & Rolling Stones & other similar bands, that I don't really consider a part of classic rock genre), punk (but not hardcore), oi, some heavy & power metal bands and of course ex-Yu(goslav) rock. =)