Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
I realize I'm gonna sound crazy... but I'm also currently trying to avoid the mountain of laundry I have staring at me right now. Cleaning can be a horrorfest... but I actually sometimes ENJOY jobs around the house - just curious if there's anyone else out there who doesn't get totally skeeved out by the idea of washing the car or mopping the kitchen floor??

What household chores do you actually ENJOY doing?

For me, I really do love giving the car a good scrub, or mopping. I also don't HATE cleaning the bathroom (as long as it's my OWN!) or making beds. And while I loathe how they never seem to stop filling up my sink, dishes can be kind of relaxing when I need some me time. Cooking is my all time fav - though I guess that's not really a chore XD

Not actually doing chores

I like the mop. Since most of the floor is hardwood, it's easy to do. Sometimes I get an old skateboard and roll across the floor, mopping.

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
I sure fancy me some floor sweepin'.

Chores are simple tasks, easy to get lost in thought while performing.

• Love
Shit Posting

I don't actually like chores.

What kind of person likes house chores aiyah.

Otherwise the chore that comes the closest is vacuuming? Just the sound of the vacuum sucking up particles and other little bits is actually quite...relaxing???????

• Bucket of Rainbows
Laundry. Since I don't have a washer and dryer in my apartment, it means I get to go to the laundromat, and that means a 2-3 hour break from my husband and kids.

• Love
Mowing the lawn, you can only do it when its niceish weather, people can't talk to you, it smells grate (oh lawd) great and if you stop half way through you can see the difference that you are making.

Last edited:
I really enjoy cleaning and organizing my room, when I have the energy for it. I honestly don't like living in a messy environment; it makes me feel... gross... and dysfunctional... I just don't always have the energy to keep things clean and tidy. But when I do have some extra time and energy on my hands -- oh it feels soooo good to tidy some things up! I feel like I'm more productive when I have a clean workspace, and just happier in general when I'm not surrounded by clutter, and old food wrappers, and clothes that didn't land in the hamper...

Also, as far as my college dorm is concerned: sweeping the floors. I dunno what it is about this room, but dust bunnies multiply like, well, their namesake, and it just feels really gross to see them pile up... I think part of the problem might be that I have really thick hair, and, well, I shed. o_o" Also, the fact that much of the floor isn't carpeted makes the accumulating dust and hair-clumps all the more noticeable. The point is, it feels soooo nice to see how clean the floors are after I sweep! ^^ 'Tis a shame the dust piles up so quickly again after that, and probably 75% of it is from bits of my hair.

Vacuuming is kind of nice for the same reasons, but I don't feel the need to do it as often, because the carpet is a lot better at hiding that kind of stuff, so it doesn't have the same ick factor as watching your non-carpeted floors slowly develop their own ecosystem. I also don't feel as much of a need to clean the floors in my bedroom at home because, even if everything was perfectly organized and I didn't have any junk lying around, there's just no floor space... too much furniture in the way. >.> There aren't any dirty floors to complain about.

• Love
I enjoy dishes from time to time, depending on the sink and the dishes. When food is caked in or you're cleaning a casserole dish, it's horrible... And my campus' sink is really shallow. Lots of splashing. But generally it's kind of nice cleaning dishes, especially with some music, in a nice environment... Once I was even watching a Twitch streamer do his dishes after a cooking stream!

I enjoy laundry too. More the sorting and throwing things into the wash than the moving to the dryer part. And I'm terrible at folding--my partner has to do that for me, a funny role reversal.

Sweeping I'm generally okay with. The clean floor makes me happy--swiffering is nice too. I do a lot of sweeping at work, too, so I've gotten into a rhythm with it.

But that's about it, other than general tidying up and organizing my desk/shelves. I hate cleaning windows and mirrors, I get really bothered by the tiny fibers left behind, and cleaning the bathroom kind of eeks me. I can't do toilets (when I've got my own place someday I'll be one of those women with the auto-toilet cleaner that really doesn't get the crevices), or around the toilet floor. I do kind of like scrubbing away shower soap scum, though. It's just tiring.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.