2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Romance, Yaoi, Fantasy, Historical, Modern, Horror; anything really, I'll try my hand at something once.
I don't play video games all that much myself, however, I watch a lot of walkthroughs and I'm always looking for more video games to watch.

What are your favorite games to play?
Do you have a specific platform you prefer to play on? (Computers, consoles, handhelds)

Well, Lawk, my dear... I love to play games on most any platform. However, my favorite way to play them is with an xbox controller. I have my computer gaming rig set up to use one and everything. It is quite nice.

Some of my favorite games include:
All the Dragon Age
All the Mass Effect
Knights of the Old Republic
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Fallout 1, 2, 3, New Vegas
The Banner Saga
Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, 10, 12
The Bard's Tale
Bastion
Infinite Undiscovery
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Divinity 2
Divinity: Original Sin
Dishonored
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Game of Thrones
Jade Empire
Left 4 Dead (1 and 2)
Loren the Amazon Princess
Dragon's Dogma
Monster Loves You! (Don't ask, it's... an odd addiction)
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Orcs Must Die!
Overlord (1, Raising Hell, 2)
Portal (1 and 2)
Psychonauts
Shadowrun Returns
Skyborn
The Walking Dead (Season: one, two)
The Witcher
Bioshock
Harvest Moon (PS2/Gamecube)
Pokemon Colisseum
Pokemon (red, yellow, silver, crystal, ruby, sapphire, fire red, leaf green, soul silver)
Lunar: Silver Star Story
.Hack// 1, 2, 3, 4, GU 1-3

There's more, probably, I just can't recall them all off the top of my head o.o

I love strategy and space sim titles. The vast majority of those come out on PC, so I'm a PC gamer. I loved my PS2 as a kid/teenager though. :ferret:

As for games I'm playing at the moment? Elite Dangerous and Europa Universalis IV are fairly consistent on my end.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lawkheart
Favourite Games? I can get down with that, I'll just list some of my current top favourite games(It changes everyday lol). I focus more on action/Hack 'n' Slash/Fighters/Beat 'Em Ups/RPGs than other genres, because I like a little more bang and pow :p, but I will play almost anything(fuck MoBAs and MMOs up the arse.).

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - My favourite game from Platinum Games, on a personal level. Mechanically one of the best action games since Bayonetta with an interesting cutting mechanic that can bring out the sadist in you. It's short, but the combat and overly ridiculous nature of the story keeps bringing me back again and again.

Chrono Trigger - Yep, no need to explain this one, I love this game so much <3.

Zone of The Enders 2: The Second Runner - Pretty much the same reason I like MGR; great combat mechanics that keeps bringing me back again and again. A Konami Game outside of usual Metal Gear Solid stuff.

Metal Gear Solid Series - I just love this franchise so much. I'd have to give the overall favourite spot to MGS3: Snake Eater though.

Dragonball Z: Tenkaitchi 3 - One of my favourite licensed Anime games out there. Solid combat, still looks really good and sports 141 playable characters. 141.Playable.Characters. *_*.

I can probably think up more later, but those are probably my more consistent top favourite games ^^.

I like shooters a lot, but I also still have a soft spot for platformers, fighters, and RPG games. I prefer the PC.

Damn, I wish there were more PC platformers...

• Thank You
I am an RPG girl. Final Fantasy games are one of my addictions, especially FF9 (I always get all warm and fuzzy at the end!)

FFXI...I played from the North American release up until Realms Reborn was released and stole most of my friends away. My little red mage will always be my favorite MMO character. <3

I've been playing a few horror games lately though. I'm currently playing Among the Sleep which is far more depressing than it is scary, but I guess that's because I can't quite drop down to thinking like a two year old. =/

• Thank You
Glorious PC master race, of course. Do I look like some kind of peasant?

But nah, I've got consoles available to me and play them once in a while. It's just more convenient for me to play stuff on my computer, especially since I got a USB plug in Xbox controller. Also, the best game deals by far are all found on PC in the form of Steam sales and Humble Bundles, so that's another reason for my preference. There just aren't many consoles-only games out there nowadays that I care to play.

As for my favorite games, here's a bunch that would make it onto my top 50 list in no real order:

Bastion
Transistor
Fallout games: 1, 2, 3, and New Vegas (1 & 2 > the newer ones in my opinion)
Legend of Zelda games: A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask
Mario games: Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Yoshi's Island
The Elder Scrolls games: Morrowind and Skyrim
Dark Souls 1 & 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Illusion of Gaia (AKA Illusion of Time in Europe and Australia)
Super Metroid
Warcraft 3
Portal 1 & 2
Civilization 3, 4, and 5
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Fable
Diablo 2
Minecraft

The only games I've played are handheld ones and most, if not all were pokemon. I played Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for Gameboy Advance. I've tried playing Minecraft on my computer but I don't have a gaming set up or a good USB or Wireless mouse. If I had a decent set up, I'd possibly play more, but I prefer my books or writing lol.

Reactions: Turtle of the Tired
Well, a top 3 is easy:
Dwarf Fortress, because losing is fun
Disgaea, because the powerlevel is over 9000
AI Wars, because best grand strategy coop

Baldur's Gate
Good Times, Good times. Awesome Storytelling in this Game.

On the other note: I'm a strict PC gamer these days.

1- Diablo 1-3
2- Warcraft 1-3
3- World of Warcraft (Favorite expansions WotLK and BC)
4- The Secrete World
5- Guild Wars 2
6- Aion
7- Prefect World
8- Drakensang Online
9- Scarlet Blade (It gets better after about level 30, The PvP is insane.)

Just started Wartune though.

PC is just much cheaper for me.

For consoles its always been ps for me.

Reactions: Novis
I don't think anyone can doubt the superiority of PC gaming. How are you gonna play Runescape? Dwarf Fortress? On your XBone? Don't think so, bro.

Seriously, tho, my top games are EVE Online, Crusader Kings 2, and Distant Worlds.

WoW could be on here, but 2010 was five years ago.

My favorite games of all time, in no particular order:

Half-Life
Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear
Command & Conquer Red Alert 2
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
Mass Effect trilogy
Gears of War trilogy
Red Orchestra 2/ Rising Storm
War of the Vikings
Mount & Blade Warband
Far Cry 3 & 4
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
Assassin's Creed 4 and Rogue
Transformers War for Cybertron series
Super Smash Bros. series
Rayman Origins series

And a shitload of Nintendo games.

• Thank You
Pokemon! (SoulSilver and X)
I love all of the main series pokemon games, I didn't get to play any as a kid, but I picked it up in college (when I was old enough to understand the mechanics at work) and fell in love. I love completing the pokedex and breeding perfect pokemon to give away; it's a great way to kill time, explore a world and story, and challenge myself. I feel really gratified when I get a pokemon I've been trying for for a long time, when one of my favourites evolve, when I beat a difficult gym, etc etc. Pokemon makes me happy whenever I play it, so why would I stop?

Harvest Moon (any title)
Man, you talk about a slice-of-life genre done right. If you want to relax into a character and kill time living an idyllic country life, the Harvest Moon games are for you; although probably the older titles more than the newer ones. Newer installments in the series seem to favour a more frenzied, multifaceted approach. Instead of building up your farm and having a family, you must also defend your farm from enemies, compete with neighbouring entrepreneurs, sell your products yourself, resurrect structures or entire land masses, befriend/help the Harvest Sprites/goddess, make friends and solve their problems, et cetera et cetera et cetera! Definitely still fun though; I find most HM games are as hectic or relaxing as you want them to be.

Final Fantasy (yes, even the newer ones)
Cutscenes shmutscenes. I love immersing myself in a big, vivid story, and if there's one thing Square Enix does right it's that. I love the immersive graphics, the cool, outrageous, fantastical designs, and the multilayered characters. These games are usually long and have a great story payoff at the end, too; definitely a must for those who like a really strong narrative focus in their games.

Tales of Vesperia/Graces/Symphonia/Xilia
Everything I said about Final Fantasy, but with more ease of multiplayer and more focus on side quests/optional objectives? Yes please!

For some more specifics...

Pikmin
I'm paraphrasing, but GMR magazine once described this game as all the fun of strategic wargames, without the camo-clad angst of an RTS. Pikmin is fun, cute, motivating, and requires you to use your head a little. It's addictive and really rewarding when you make progress.

Avalon Code
Oh man, this game. Kay you know how most games you have to save the world, or at least part of it? In this one, the world is ending, and your job is NOT to stop it. No, your job is to find everything in the world that's worth taking to the next one using your Book of Prophecy, and rescue the Book Spirits before it's too late! There's a lot of customizing in this game too, because when you record ALL OF THE THINGS in your book, you can alter them with different codes; replace an 'iron' code in an enemy with an 'illness' code, for example, and he gets a lot weaker! Add a 'fire' code to your weapon and set things ablaze! With your weapons, armour and accessories, you can even code yourself entirely new weapons! The storyline also changes slightly based on your decisions, which I'm a big fan of.

Mario Kart: Double Dash!
I love this Kart classic. It makes me a bit sad that it's gotten dated and you can't bring it to a party expecting everyone to know it and its console anymore. It's easy to pick up and play, but not many are willing when there's so many more recent titles they already know. I love the doubles mechanic though; my brother and I were an incredible team and it's way more fun to play cooperatively.

Chibi-Robo!
You play as a tiny robot who works in a home by cleaning up messes and solving the family's problems to make everyone happier.
... It's really fun and addictive, okay? It'll turn you into a virtual neatfreak, obsessing over finding enough scrap-metal to make a ladder so you can reach that stupid stain on the wall, but it's very satisfying when you complete a challenge, and there is a pretty decent overarching story that plays out as you progress in the game.

There's probably lots more, I may edit/re-reply later :)

• Thank You
Diablo III and Reaper of Souls

Final Fantasy XIII

Skyrim

Valkyria Chronicles

Divinity:Original Sin

• Thank You
Mass Effect Trilogy
The Last of Us
Fallout New Vegas