Favorite fight scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was so emotional and awesome for me when I was younger.

Either this scene or the tower escape.

WE'RE ON PAGE 2 AND NO-ONE'S POSTED ANYTHING FROM THE RAID?

FUCK ME, YOUR PEASANTRY IS SHOWING. MurderDeathKill and Empress Wen are excluded from this blanket insult since they posted clips from The Raid 2.

Seriously, the choreography on display here is incredible. It helps that most of the cast are all experts in Silat, which allows the film to have these long, uninterrupted sequences rather than your usual Hollywood rapid-cut action pish and garbage.

And since we're talking awesome fight scenes...

Donnie Yen's the man who really helped to popularise MMA styles in Chinese cinema. Here's a prime example of how.

Dis. Dis right here. <3

• Love
Reactions: Jade and OnI6470
Oh yeah, I remembered another good scene. One of my favorite movies(so sad it never got a sequel.)

Oh, goddamn... There are so many I could list off here... (These come in no particular order)

--

This movie sucked overall, and the reason this whole fight was started is really petty in the grand scheme of things... But it doesn't change the fact that it was still an enjoyable fight scene. It wasn't fancily choreographed, nor was it too sloppy; it was executed with a brutal precision in between the two sides of the spectrum, and it really did feel tense the whole way through.

This scene did a particularly good job of keeping me on the edge of my seat the whole way through when I first saw it in theatres. It's aggressive, it's fast-paced, and it showcases well what both combatants are fully capable of in a battle.

This is a more recent one, but still a captivating fight nonetheless. Like the one above, this quite equally shows the skills that both fighters have in their arsenal and does a significant amount of justice to Tyson's actual capabilities as a (former) boxer. I mean... did you see that third punch at 1:03? I saw that bit in a 'Behind the Scenes' featurette as well, and believe me: Yen would have been in big trouble if he'd been a second too slow.

This is still an absolutely incredible scene for me to watch. Just four straight minutes of pure, exhilarating action where both sides get the chance to beat the living shit out of each other with all they've got... There's a lot of other factors involved as well, but if someone ever asks me why I love this movie so much? I will immediately direct them towards this fight.

This was an immensely emotional scene for an animated movie. The connection between these two resonates very clearly even as they're grappling so fiercely with each other, and it even manages to make you feel sympathy for the villain in this predicament, even if it is just a small amount.

Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen - Forest Fight - Re-Sound

For a movie that is undoubtedly one of the worst ones I've ever seen in my life... this was a pretty cool fight. I will say that. Optimus taking on 3 Decepticons all at once and refusing to get put down no matter how much abuse he takes? That is the very definition of 'badass'. However, it's kinda ruined by the fact that he decides to be an idiot at the end and turns his back to Megatron without even making sure he's either dead or incapacitated. After all... it's not like the cinematic version of the Autobot leader really takes any prisoners. [SPOILER ALERT] He later rips out Shockwave's eye and completely removes Megatron's head from his body in the third movie, not to mention the bit in this movie where he literally takes off The Fallen's face. [SPOILER ALERT END]

Kakashi vs Obito - Eng Sub

And now, here's a quick transition from films into anime. This has been sped up a bit to avoid it being taken down by copyright, but you can still see how well crafted this was by the animators who worked on it. Unlike many other fights in Shippuden, this is one where it isn't a contest "to see who can pull the biggest jutsu out their ass"; there's an equal amount of all the elements that these shinobi would be expected to use in combat rather than just the power of their chakra alone, the mirroring of the present and past works so mind-blowingly fluently, and the camerawork is flawless in the sense that you can actually see what is happening unlike other anime that do the ridiculous 360 spins, random close-up shots or excessive jump-cuts that make you unable to see a damn thing. By far, this is definitely my most favorite anime fight.

Daredevil (Netflix) - Hallway Fight Scene - Re-Sound

It's... honestly so surprising to myself that I STILL haven't watched this show in its entirety yet. It's gotten a lot of praise, and I can see part of why that is from this; it gives off a familiar 'Oldboy' kind of feel, and it's cool to see the protagonist imperfectly take on a bunch of other dudes in a confined space with moves that aren't too flashy despite whatever training he's got. When you show that you have a main character that can be hurt even by what are supposed to be mere henchmen, especially when they are just starting out in the way of whatever it is they're setting out to accomplish, you will then have grasped my attention. Even if I haven't gotten around to getting through this show yet- especially when its second season has already started- it has still managed to do just that through this scene.

TFP: Optimus Prime vs Megatron : One Shall Fall

Aaaaaaand now here's another quick transition to a cartoon. Plainly put, this show is great, and so is this battle. It only took around two decades for the Transformers to be done right after the original G1 series that started it all, and this is by far the most interesting conflict between old enemies Prime and Megatron yet. Here, after a particular event which occurs earlier on in the episode where this takes place, we see that Optimus finally gets tired of Megatron's shit and decides to go all out with his former friend, offering a vicious yet still entertaining experience which will always be my most favorite moment in the entire series. And that's saying a lot, given how I have a lot of them for it. Into Transformers and haven't watched this? Go watch it right now. If you were a fan of the G1 show, you will certainly not regret watching this.

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows Final Fight Scene HD

I haven't watched this entire movie nor am I even a real fan of Sherlock Holmes, but it'd be wrong of me to deny that this is an excellent fight scene which points out the thinking capabilities of both combatants, playing out the same scene in their minds and ultimately coming to a conclusion that both of them know is unavoidable. It's a lot smarter than your average exchange of fists, and still appealing even if it doesn't run at a fast kind of rhythm.

--

That's all I've got for now. By the way: I recommend checking out tony jaa's channel, the person who uploaded some of the fights I put in this compilation. He does absolutely wonderful resounds of many fan favorite fights such as ones from "The Matrix" and "The Dark Knight Rises", and he even takes requests! So don't be afraid to put one in if there's one you'd like to see him do!

EDIT: Not sure why the thumbnails for the last five aren't showing up, but oh well

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OnI6470
TFP: Optimus Prime vs Megatron : One Shall Fall

Aaaaaaand now here's another quick transition to a cartoon. Plainly put, this show is great, and so is this battle. It only took around two decades for the Transformers to be done right after the original G1 series that started it all, and this is by far the most interesting conflict between old enemies Prime and Megatron yet. Here, after a particular event which occurs earlier on in the episode where this takes place, we see that Optimus finally gets tired of Megatron's shit and decides to go all out with his former friend, offering a vicious yet still entertaining experience which will always be my most favorite moment in the entire series. And that's saying a lot, given how I have a lot of them for it. Into Transformers and haven't watched this? Go watch it right now. If you were a fan of the G1 show, you will certainly not regret watching this.
BUT BEAST HUNTERS AND THE MOVIE RUINED IT ALL.

Ok but I certainly love love love LOVE TF and TFP is the reason I got into Transformers in the first place, even though I rewatched it for the second time recently I still can't remember everything... But having read the description and seen the layout, I remember this! [spoili]It's the fight against Unicron in the end, after which Megatron turns on him in a way, right?[/spoili]

Last edited by a moderator:
BUT BEAST WARS AND THE MOVIE RUINED IT ALL.

Ok but I certainly love love love LOVE TF and TFP is the reason I got into Transformers in the first place, even though I rewatched it for the second time recently I still can't remember everything... But having read the description and seen the layout, I remember this! [spoili]It's the fight against Unicron in the end, after which Megatron turns on him in a way, right?[/spoili]
Beast Hunters* (third season) and Predacons Rising (the movie)? Personally I was okay with them both, more so the former than the latter. I mean, yeah, Beast Hunters took things in a very different direction in comparison to the last two seasons, but I still found it to be fairly enjoyable.

[SPOILER ALERT] And yes, that fight is from the movie which concluded the series (I absolutely REFUSE to acknowledge "Robots in Disguise"), in which Optimus actually uses the AllSpark in order to trap Unicron's Anti-Spark inside (after having emptied the original contents into the Matrix of Leadership within him), thus restoring full control of Megatron's body back to him prior to a self-imposed exile from Cybertron. [SPOILER ALERT END]

Beast Hunters* (third season) and Predacons Rising (the movie)? Personally I was okay with them both, more so the former than the latter. I mean, yeah, Beast Hunters took things in a very different direction in comparison to the last two seasons, but I still found it to be fairly enjoyable.

[SPOILER ALERT] And yes, that fight is from the movie which concluded the series (I absolutely REFUSE to acknowledge "Robots in Disguise"), in which Optimus actually uses the AllSpark in order to trap Unicron's Anti-Spark inside (after having emptied the original contents into the Matrix of Leadership within him), thus restoring full control of Megatron's body back to him prior to a self-imposed exile from Cybertron. [SPOILER ALERT END]
STILL SPOILERS

Yeah, I often mix those two up.

No, I don't think that scene is from the movie. The one you linked is the first of the three-part-conclusion which ends season 1 and starts off season 2 with Optimus' memory reverted back to pre-war. As you can see Megatron isn't even influenced as far as having his transformation/alt-mode/body changed, other than being on steroids the usage of black energon having changed his energon/optics/biolights' colour... and made him a bit more mad.

Unless you thought I was referring to the movie fight, whiiiich I wasn't. I checked TFWiki.

EDIT: BTW, you'll be able to deal better with Robots in Disguise once you read the IDW comic (now named Transformers from issue 32? I think), which has nothing to do with the cartoon and is set AFTER the Autobot-Decepticon War. It starts off at the end of All Hail Megatron (I think), and it's beginning is set at the same time as More Than Meets The Eye (another fantastic read).

EDIT2: There's also a TFP continuation comic ALSO from IDW which brings back Soundwave, so I DEFINITELY recommend it (even though I haven't read it myself yet).

STILL SPOILERS

Yeah, I often mix those two up.

No, I don't think that scene is from the movie. The one you linked is the first of the three-part-conclusion which ends season 1 and starts off season 2 with Optimus' memory reverted back to pre-war. As you can see Megatron isn't even influenced as far as having his transformation/alt-mode/body changed, other than being on steroids the usage of black energon having changed his energon/optics/biolights' colour... and made him a bit more mad.

Unless you thought I was referring to the movie fight, whiiiich I wasn't. I checked TFWiki.

EDIT: BTW, you'll be able to deal better with Robots in Disguise once you read the IDW comic (now named Transformers from issue 32? I think), which has nothing to do with the cartoon and is set AFTER the Autobot-Decepticon War. It starts off at the end of All Hail Megatron (I think), and it's beginning is set at the same time as More Than Meets The Eye (another fantastic read).

EDIT2: There's also a TFP continuation comic ALSO from IDW which brings back Soundwave, so I DEFINITELY recommend it (even though I haven't read it myself yet).

... Huh? OOOOOOHHHHHHH.

[SPOILER ALERT] Yeah, I thought you were referring to the movie fight. But to be honest, that wasn't much of a fight so much as it was just a battle against Unicron's influence, which Megatron briefly managed to overcome. Ultimately it didn't matter though, seeing as his body was possessed by Unicron like 5 seconds afterwards. Though there's also the bit where he saved Optimus before he could get stomped on by one of those... stone imitations...

Sorry, I only realized now what you meant when you said "I remember this". I for some reason initially thought that you meant it was something you just generally remembered from the series. That was my bad. [SPOILER ALERT END]

... Huh? OOOOOOHHHHHHH.

[SPOILER ALERT] Yeah, I thought you were referring to the movie fight. But to be honest, that wasn't much of a fight so much as it was just a battle against Unicron's influence, which Megatron briefly managed to overcome. Ultimately it didn't matter though, seeing as his body was possessed by Unicron like 5 seconds afterwards. Though there's also the bit where he saved Optimus before he could get stomped on by one of those... stone imitations...

Sorry, I only realized now what you meant when you said "I remember this". I for some reason initially thought that you meant it was something you just generally remembered from the series. That was my bad. [SPOILER ALERT END]
I generally remember from the series that Starscream was a really dumb shit sometimes (how did he even manage to lead the Decepticons during Meg's absence?), or just forcefully portrayed as an idiot in the series. I came to strongly dislike his character after that... G1 him is much more clever (well, recent G1 one, anyway :P).

Ah! It happens sometimes haha, don't worry.

Also, I automatically assumed you didn't read the comics, so... IDK, sorry for that also I guess?

I generally remember from the series that Starscream was a really dumb shit sometimes (how did he even manage to lead the Decepticons during Meg's absence?), or just forcefully portrayed as an idiot in the series. I came to strongly dislike his character after that... G1 him is much more clever (well, recent G1 one, anyway :P).

Ah! It happens sometimes haha, don't worry.

Also, I automatically assumed you didn't read the comics, so... IDK, sorry for that also I guess?
Yes, Starscream really was a dumbass most of the time... But at the very least, I appreciated him more in Season 1 than I did in Seasons 2 and 3. In the first season he was quite cunning and persistent with wanting to overthrow Megatron, whereas in the last two seasons, he became a practical comic relief character that was even dumber than before and ultimately kissed up to Megatron. It was extremely disappointing and I hated how the character turned out.

Also, no, I haven't read the comics (just saw your two edits). Maybe I'd look into them, but still... Robots in Disguise basically neutered what was once a more gritty-feeling Transformers show (not too gritty, but just enough that the show didn't get too glum), and I really can't sit well with that no matter how you spin it.

Yes, Starscream really was a dumbass most of the time... But at the very least, I appreciated him more in Season 1 than I did in Seasons 2 and 3. In the first season he was quite cunning and persistent with wanting to overthrow Megatron, whereas in the last two seasons, he became a practical comic relief character that was even dumber than before and ultimately kissed up to Megatron. It was extremely disappointing and I hated how the character turned out.

Also, no, I haven't read the comics (just saw your two edits). Maybe I'd look into them, but still... Robots in Disguise basically neutered what was once a more gritty-feeling Transformers show (not too gritty, but just enough that the show didn't get too glum), and I really can't sit well with that no matter how you spin it.
The RID comics, as said, are actually set about 2 years after the end of the War (and in GEN 1, which is like, even better than Prime (even though the designs are grand in both), and the first volume is set strictly in Cybertron/space. Vol 2 is about them traveling back to Earth because of Decepticon trouble... But Earth is still set at somewhere about 2015. It IS pretty gritty (vol 1 especially), but there's also the occasional humor that Thundercracker provides. It's pretty well-written.

But I think you'll re-experience Transformers once you read MTMTE. So many new yet old characters, and space adventures!

Status
Not open for further replies.