Favorite fantasy book(s)

C

CaptainWrite

Original poster
What is your favorite fantasy book or series? Mine would definently be Eragon! (The Inhertiance Cycle)

The Lord of the Rings

and The Hobbit

There are a few other misc books, and I suppose the Redwall series.... but that doesn't quite count.

Anything by Madeleine L'Engle (though I guess that's technically sci fi when it's not modern) and Ursula K LeGuin oh man I adore her. *_* Her Voices series? Yes. SO much yes. And A Wizard of Earthsea. Also, Terry Pratchett. Fantasy parodies are very for the win.

While Narnia was my first Fantasy Series, the one that actually introduced me to the genre was David Eddings' Belgariad. I still love those books even if it was simplistic in a lot of respects.

The Discworld books along with the Death Gate Cycle are probably my favorites. I certainly did like the Dragonlance Chronicles, but the later sequels were more enjoyable for me.

Eh, I know the writing is really weak at times, but I love the Pendragon series XD

Any of the books by Tamora Pierce really. I also greatly enjoyed the Deltora Quest series.

Any of the books by Tamora Pierce really.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Tolkien is by far my favourite High Fantasy writer, though, and my favourite novel is The Lord of the Rings, with The Children of Hurin close behind (though admittedly I haven't finished it). I also enjoy The Sword of Shannara series, as well as Harry Potter, The Pit Dragon Trilogy (that's actually a series of four >.>), Chronicles of Narnia, and The Redemption of Athalus.

And even though the writing can be iffy at times, boy, do I love the Dragonlance series.

The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings obviously.

But at the minute I'm reading The Dwarves series by Markus Heitz and it's AWESOME.

The Name Of The Wind & Game of Thrones.

Both are fantastic reads, albeit, I'm still working on the second one. The Name Of The Wind is my favorite book, almost ever. I should continue to read more, but it really is a great fantasy read. Definitely check it out if you can!

I still haven't finished a Dance with Dragons, but I love George R R Martin's a Song of Ice and Fire SO MUCH.