1. Intermediate
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern, Romance, Action, Dark
Now that we're in the 8th generation of consoles, time to open up the bag of nostalgia! What is your favorite console generation and why?

My favorite generation would have to be the 6th. It's the generation I have the most memories with and in my opinion was the most innovative generation.

My favorite console from that gen (and my all-time favorite in general) is the PlayStation 2. There's a reason it's the best-selling console of all time people. I never owned an original Xbox but my uncle (may he rest in peace) did own one and I played it a LOT whenever he would let me. I never had the opportunity to play the GameCube sadly.

As for handhelds, I had a GBA SP and LOVED it but unfortunately I broke it. Thank God I have a DS Lite which can play GBA games.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lea and Sakura
My favourite used to be the playstation 2. I wasn't too excited about 3, but PS Move really caught my eye. I spent hours (and I meant HOURS) just slaving over the technical specs of the PS4 vs the Xbox One.

I bought an xbox one for various reasons - one really important reason being the family friendliness of the Kinect and more games for the xbox one kinect than for the ps4. I'm really disappointed in Sony for leaving Move hanging for ps4, though I can understand it didn't make enough sales (holding one move controller and one dualshock to play was just awkward)

I'm waiting for Project Morpheus to release next year. Then PS4 will be my favourite console again. Until then, hello Xbox One + Kinect.

*EDIT: GBA SP OMG MY FAVOURITE. THAT BACK LIT SCREEN AND LATE NIGHT GAMING. & Sega Dreamcast was such a cute device.

Last gen Xbox 360. It's what I own the most games for. Spent the most hours on. As well as had the most fun with friends who've long since scattered to adulthood's winds.

Or we could say PC Mustard Race because it's always been great and continually gets better at a rate consoles simply can't keep up with. Cause I've always had a PC capable of playing most games.

pc-tan-%26-company-comics-face-1976637.jpeg

Last gen. Xbox 360, PS3 and yes, even the Wii.

Those systems brought some many new franchises and fun games in. I don't exactly feel the same about the new gen as I did the last, but maybe because I have a hell of a lot more memories with last gen than I do with current gen.

Games like Gears of War, Left 4 Dead, Halo 3 and CoD Modern 4 were games that were so fucking fun that I would literally spend hours upon hours playing with friends of mine. The systems and games were so new for the time, and mah gawd. Memories.

Reactions: Lea
PC master race 4 lyfe.

But for consoles, hrm... Gotta go with 4th console generation, Super Nintendo specifically; Sega Genesis was cool too, but the only console exclusives I played on there were the Sonic games. So many of my favorite games, which to this day remain very high on my list of favorites even if you discount the impact of nostalgia, came from the SNES lineup. I'm talking about games like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Yoshi's Island, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Illusion of Gaia, the couple Final Fantasy main series games that came to SNES in the US, the spinoff game called Final Fantasy Mystic Quest here in the US, the Donkey Kong Country games, and Chrono Trigger. I could play any one of those games today and have just as much fun as I would with a modern game like Fallout 4. There are a few specific games from other console generations that I could say the same thing about (Super Mario Bros 3 for NES, Mario 64 and the Zelda games on the N64, past generation Elder Scrolls games, and so on), but the sheer volume of SNES games which have retained their fun factor over the years makes it the obvious choice for favorite console.

Sixth Generation was my favourite generation of video games for me, most of the games i got in that generation was filled with nostalgia with The Gamecube and Playstation 2 being on my top ten lists of favourite consoles plus it had a lot of great movie or show tie in games, with my favourite one being The Simpson's Hit and Run. I'm also sad at the same time since i found out that there were tons of popular games for those consoles that i didn't know were very popular until i was older. (Chibi-Robo, Beyond Good and Evil, Silent Hill 2 and Personas 3 and 4, PaRappa the Rapper 2.)

Although i did manage to get the re-release of Silent hill 2 and 3 on the PS3 (The badly ported ones ;_;) And Beyond Good and Evil along with Persona's 3 and 4 on the Vita and the PS2. (I sold the PS2 version of Persona 4 after i got the Golden Edition, but i still have the FES edition of Persona 3!) It seems i wont be able to play Chibi-Robo or PaRappa 2 for quite awhile...I'm not interested in the 2D games Nintendo made either.

Last edited by a moderator:
N64. Because nostalgia.

I mean we're talking console generations. What did you expect, a rational argument?

Reactions: Icystorm
I have various favorites, such as the original Xbox and the PS2 (I spent hours playing Jak and Daxter, Halo, RE4, and CDX), but I think my top is definitely the 360. It's the one I got specifically to play Halo 3, and the console that made me branch out to other titles. I don't think I could have a better console that the old 360 elite sitting in front of my tv.

Snes, Genisis and the 16bit generation. There were some really cool games after that, but somehow all future systems and games never were able to capture the magic that was alive in the early days of gaming. Not saying everything was better 'back in the day' but in my mind that was the peak.

Nintendo, bitches!

Super Nintendo. Favorite console, hands down.

All others after that just didn't/don't resonate well with me.

Generation Six, the PS2 and Xbox will always have a place of honor on my entertainment stand. Those years were some of the best for gaming. No cookie cutter games, games with actual stories, and multiplayer came into its own. Gaming still had soul, and it lost it in Gen Seven.

Top five Gen Six games, just for shits.
1: Halo 2
2: Star Wars Battlefront 2
3: Halo CE
4: Star Wars Republic Commando
5: Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
Honerable mentions: Every Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, and SOCOM game that came out in that time.

Generation 6 is the one I mainly grew up on as a little kid.

But Generation 7 is where most of my Online Play, as well as experience with Mass Effect came in.
So I'd have to say Generation 7 would be my favourite, specifically the Xbox 360.

Tossup between the PS2 era and SNES era.

I mean yeah, PSX was the start of some absolute masterpieces to.

Shit. This is hard.

The 5th generation. The N64 holds most of my memories, I love the first Twisted Metal (PS), and the GB Color kept me sane on long car rides.

SNES - N64 era.

I was about 3-4 years old when the N64 came out, but I didn't get hands on an N64 until I was about 6. My old man had an SNES though and I played the hell out of DK Country I & II, Super Mario, TMNT Turtles in Time, Contra, Chrono Trigger, Legend of Zelda: A link to the past and all the others until I got the N64.

I enjoyed the PS2 & last gen almost as much, but I still get that nostalgia with the oldie but goodies.

Last edited:
PS2- It. Had. Everything.

PS3- Not as big of a roster as the PS2, but still a great solid console with a diverse tower of games. As I was transitioning into adulthood it felt like such a natural progression from my childhood.

PS4- Not had a lot of good things to say about this. It's still waiting to expand its roster of games, but you can't really complain as it's very comparable to the Xbox One in terms of diversity. I've gone through two PS4's in the past week though before I finally got a decent one. The first had an HDMI issue that required returning, and then the next one I got had a hard drive issue that glitched out textures in several of my games. My latest PS4 is fine, but it freezes and is unbelievably slow in the home menu compared to the PS3's home menu. Seriously Sony, patch that shit up.

WiiU- Limited roster of games so far, like the rest of this gen, but I'll be damned if I don't enjoy almost every WiiU game that's been released so far. Nintendo, you the real MVP.

Reactions: Darog
I quite liked the gamecube, and the 360. Then a few years ago I bought a PS3 which i'm having a blast with. So that would mean the seventh right? I'm having a blast with my PS3 after all. Not exactly.

My PS3 library has 10 or so PS3 games. PS2 games in those HD collections? 23 or so PS2 games. That combined with the gamecube from my childhood means that gen 6 is my favorite. (Apparently dreamcast is also apart of the 6th too. So there's that too)

I'd like to apologize to my childhood for not owning a PS2. I can't believe I never played games like Jak and Daxter/Sly back then DX
But I don't regret my gamecube by any means. Sonic adventure 2 Battle was my childhood along with Melee. Me and my friend was in a small competition for the ultimate chao... I think I won though to be fair, I discovered a few exploits XP

As for Xbox? Well The halo machine was pretty good too. I can't count how many times me and one of my friends played fusion frenzy. And it has the superior version of Sonic mega collection plus, something I WISH I knew about as a child when I got the gimped GameCube version... Not that it woulda mattered because I didn't own an xbox back then. There's also Jet set radio future and Fable, and Halo 1. ... ... Expect me to say boring ass halo 2? HAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa...

Parts of me wants to say the SNES/genesis. And as fun as those games are (Like DAMN they are fun) I just find myself replaying gen 6 games more.

TL;DR- Gen 6 for LIFE!