Favorite comfort food?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Hana, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What's your favorite comfort food? Mine's usually creamy chicken macaroni soup, with lots of milk. And I like sweet stuff in general, but I can't eat too much of it or I get sore throat. Champorado (chocolate rice porridge??) is nice though. Made with cacao tablea and with lots of sweetened milk? That's perfect for rainy days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Bucket of Rainbows Bucket of Rainbows x 1
  2. Chicken noodle soup. Or Chinese watercress soup. Or this rice dish that translates to 'Slippery Egg Beef Mince Rice".

• Like Like x 1
  3. chicken and mashed potatoes

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Pasta. Plain old macaroni and cheese is the best. Fettuccine alfredo is also pretty great though.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Annie's mac is yummy. That, and chicken fingers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Fried Chicken Wings/Drumsticks....seriously I love chicken so much I cry because I don't eat it as much because my mom hates chicken x.x

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chicken and dumplings. It's a pain in the butt to make, but it always makes me feel better.

• Like Like x 1
  8. This for me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spaghetti. It always cheers me up and it's my go to food after bad days or long trips. It seems to be a family trait because it's one of my mom's favourite comfort foods too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. [​IMG]

There is no close second.
    There is only the Poutine. :3

• Like Like x 2
    • Thank Thank x 1
  11. Lasagna, but it has to be my mom's. All other lasagnas are inferior.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pretty much.

It's so fat that my empty soul just fills right up to the rim.
    It's also a great midnight snack, hangover remedy, and comfort food in general.

Another one for me is vanilla-hazelnut coffee. Just the smell of it triggers happy childhood feelings, nothing really precise. This is what home smells like, and home is a comforting place to be.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Chicken noodle soup. But not from the can. My mum has a one of those pots that's something like four liters or a gallon and she makes chicken noodle soup with a whole chicken and handmade noodles and stuff. Then whatever doesn't get eaten initially gets put in containers and frozen.

An added layer of comfort is that I can't really make it myself, as I don't have a pot big enough and that much soup would take me forever to eat.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I've always struggled with the definition of "comfort food" but for me it's stuff that I grew up with, local Hawaiian type food, that is comfort food for me. Barbecue chicken, Mac salad, spam musubi, Portuguese sausage, etc...

Fortunately I do have a place to go to in Tokyo for that, L&L restaurant in Shibuya.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I gotta tell ya, man, there's nothing quite like biting into a fresh slice of pepperoni pizza; my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Spaghetti

• Like Like x 1
  17. Everything.

• Thank Thank x 1
  18. For me it would be specifically Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. Reminds me of when I was little and my Nana would make it for me on rainy days alongside a Grilled Cheese sandwich.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I can't get enough of pasta.

• Like Like x 1
  20. peanut butter

not sandwiches

just the peanut butter

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.