Favorite comfort food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
What's your favorite comfort food? Mine's usually creamy chicken macaroni soup, with lots of milk. And I like sweet stuff in general, but I can't eat too much of it or I get sore throat. Champorado (chocolate rice porridge??) is nice though. Made with cacao tablea and with lots of sweetened milk? That's perfect for rainy days.

Chicken noodle soup. Or Chinese watercress soup. Or this rice dish that translates to 'Slippery Egg Beef Mince Rice".

Reactions: Hana
chicken and mashed potatoes

Pasta. Plain old macaroni and cheese is the best. Fettuccine alfredo is also pretty great though.

Fried Chicken Wings/Drumsticks....seriously I love chicken so much I cry because I don't eat it as much because my mom hates chicken x.x

Chicken and dumplings. It's a pain in the butt to make, but it always makes me feel better.

Spaghetti. It always cheers me up and it's my go to food after bad days or long trips. It seems to be a family trait because it's one of my mom's favourite comfort foods too.

ST_poutine_classique.png

There is no close second.
There is only the Poutine. :3

Lasagna, but it has to be my mom's. All other lasagnas are inferior.

ST_poutine_classique.png

There is no close second.
There is only the Poutine. :3
Pretty much.

It's so fat that my empty soul just fills right up to the rim.
It's also a great midnight snack, hangover remedy, and comfort food in general.

Another one for me is vanilla-hazelnut coffee. Just the smell of it triggers happy childhood feelings, nothing really precise. This is what home smells like, and home is a comforting place to be.

Chicken noodle soup. But not from the can. My mum has a one of those pots that's something like four liters or a gallon and she makes chicken noodle soup with a whole chicken and handmade noodles and stuff. Then whatever doesn't get eaten initially gets put in containers and frozen.

An added layer of comfort is that I can't really make it myself, as I don't have a pot big enough and that much soup would take me forever to eat.

I've always struggled with the definition of "comfort food" but for me it's stuff that I grew up with, local Hawaiian type food, that is comfort food for me. Barbecue chicken, Mac salad, spam musubi, Portuguese sausage, etc...

Fortunately I do have a place to go to in Tokyo for that, L&L restaurant in Shibuya.

I gotta tell ya, man, there's nothing quite like biting into a fresh slice of pepperoni pizza; my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

For me it would be specifically Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. Reminds me of when I was little and my Nana would make it for me on rainy days alongside a Grilled Cheese sandwich.

I can't get enough of pasta.

Status
Not open for further replies.