Favorite Childhood Movie?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Kaleidoscopic Kitten, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Nah it's impressive XD

• Like Like x 1
  2. It’s gotta be Kiki’s Delivery Service for me! (ノ´ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚

It really speaks to me about standing on your own two feet, learning how to deal with downswings in mood, taking breaks so you don’t burn out. . . all of these things are things I struggle with, and Kiki’s Delivery Service is basically my motto! Yep, the whole dang movie. But honestly, the older I get, the more it applies to me. I think I first fell in love with it as a kid because it was the first Ghibli film I actively sought to own. And also Jiji’s sass gives me life.

• Bucket of Rainbows Bucket of Rainbows x 1
  3. The Land Before Time
    Felidae
    Plague of Dogs
    Oliver & Company
    LOTR

• Love Love x 1
  4. This movie deserves so much more appreciation than what it gets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. I haven't seen this movie in years, mainly because the opening scene makes me cry XD

6. Emperor's New Groove, no contest. I watched that movie 12 times in a row and memorized all the lines. I have no idea why I found it so funny even after 12 watches, but somehow it worked for me like alchemy.

Runner up would be Prince of Egypt for the beautiful musical score.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. I was literally saying the exact same thing about the age as I was scrolling through lol I also cannot describe the sound that came out of my mouth when I saw you list The Magic Pony. I have literally never met anyone else who knew that movie. I happened to find it in a combo dvd set of cartoons a year or so ago and bought it faster than I could blink.

• Love Love x 1
  8. @Wayfareroad
    Do you happen to know what combo set? I was trying to look for it on DVD as well and found that it was only ever released on VHS! D;

• Thank Thank x 1
  9. My favorite children's film is Beethoven. I wanted a dog so much, but my parents did not allow me

• Love Love x 1
  10. Kazam
    Space jam
    Little mermaid
    Cinderella
    Big trouble in little china (called it Guy popped at age 5 XD)
    The nightmare on elmstreet series

• Like Like x 1
  11. Land before Time series of movies yo.
    I don't remember which one was my fav, but man I liked those movies. Most were on vhs tho.... And we don't have our vhs player anymore.
    Probably would be able to find them on DVD now too tho.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Have a cookie my Friends of Good Taste :cookie:

13. The Goonies
    The Land Before Time
    The Neverending Story
    Willow

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Lion King
    The Princess Bride
    Wild America
    And I remember my dad had a VHS recording of the old Speed Racer cartoon that I considered a movie due to it being recorded. I used to watch that all the time, and I also remember watching Fraggle Rock a lot. I can't remember if it was a movie or show, but I remember it was on VHS

• Like Like x 1
  15. The little engine that could. Then when I got older, Space jam

• Like Like x 2
  16. Major Payne. Such an underrated comedy. I must have watched a hundred times on VHS with my brothers. One of Damon Wayan's funniest roles of all time. He had me rolling on the floor, my gut ready to burst.

I guess it's not really a kids movie when the main character is mentioning popping eyes out. But it has a fond place in my heart for how much we enjoyed it.

• Love Love x 1
  17. Ah yes...I'd forgotten about Home Alone 1. I always wanted to be a tinkerer.

18. Oh my god finally someone else who liked this movie XD

• Love Love x 1
  19. Space Jam, The Emperor's New Groove, Shrek, The Labyrinth, Monsters Inc. and uh...probably more but those are the ones that come to mind. I watched them a lot on VHS

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1