Favorite Childhood Movie?

Reactions: Sprouts
It's gotta be Kiki's Delivery Service for me! (ノ´ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚

It really speaks to me about standing on your own two feet, learning how to deal with downswings in mood, taking breaks so you don't burn out. . . all of these things are things I struggle with, and Kiki's Delivery Service is basically my motto! Yep, the whole dang movie. But honestly, the older I get, the more it applies to me. I think I first fell in love with it as a kid because it was the first Ghibli film I actively sought to own. And also Jiji's sass gives me life.

This movie deserves so much more appreciation than what it gets.

I haven't seen this movie in years, mainly because the opening scene makes me cry XD

Emperor's New Groove, no contest. I watched that movie 12 times in a row and memorized all the lines. I have no idea why I found it so funny even after 12 watches, but somehow it worked for me like alchemy.

Runner up would be Prince of Egypt for the beautiful musical score.

Damn you guys are so young.
Mine are:
The island of Dr moreau
The last unicorn
The magic pony (Russian cartoon movie)

I think that's it.

I was literally saying the exact same thing about the age as I was scrolling through lol I also cannot describe the sound that came out of my mouth when I saw you list The Magic Pony. I have literally never met anyone else who knew that movie. I happened to find it in a combo dvd set of cartoons a year or so ago and bought it faster than I could blink.

• Love
Reactions: Vars
@Wayfareroad
Do you happen to know what combo set? I was trying to look for it on DVD as well and found that it was only ever released on VHS! D;

• Thank You
Reactions: Vars
Kazam
Space jam
Little mermaid
Cinderella
Big trouble in little china (called it Guy popped at age 5 XD)
The nightmare on elmstreet series

Land before Time series of movies yo.
I don't remember which one was my fav, but man I liked those movies. Most were on vhs tho.... And we don't have our vhs player anymore.
Probably would be able to find them on DVD now too tho.

Have a cookie my Friends of Good Taste :cookie:

The Lion King
The Princess Bride
Wild America
And I remember my dad had a VHS recording of the old Speed Racer cartoon that I considered a movie due to it being recorded. I used to watch that all the time, and I also remember watching Fraggle Rock a lot. I can't remember if it was a movie or show, but I remember it was on VHS

Major Payne. Such an underrated comedy. I must have watched a hundred times on VHS with my brothers. One of Damon Wayan's funniest roles of all time. He had me rolling on the floor, my gut ready to burst.

I guess it's not really a kids movie when the main character is mentioning popping eyes out. But it has a fond place in my heart for how much we enjoyed it.

Ah yes...I'd forgotten about Home Alone 1. I always wanted to be a tinkerer.

Major Payne. Such an underrated comedy. I must have watched a hundred times on VHS with my brothers. One of Damon Wayan's funniest roles of all time. He had me rolling on the floor, my gut ready to burst.

I guess it's not really a kids movie when the main character is mentioning popping eyes out. But it has a fond place in my heart for how much we enjoyed it.

Oh my god finally someone else who liked this movie XD

• Love
Reactions: Quetzal
Space Jam, The Emperor's New Groove, Shrek, The Labyrinth, Monsters Inc. and uh...probably more but those are the ones that come to mind. I watched them a lot on VHS