2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Romance, Yaoi, Fantasy, Historical, Modern, Horror; anything really, I'll try my hand at something once.
What are your favorite books to read?
Favorite genre?
Genre you want to read more of?
Favorite Author?
What's the longest book you've ever read (That you can remember.)?
What are your top 5 favorite books of all time?(Can be 5 series or just one series as your favorite)

I read anything I can get my hands on. I love reading dystopian, romance, fairy-tale esq books and retelling's of fairy tales I seem to gravitate to most. I also enjoy science fiction and fantasy, but it's difficult for me to get through high fantasy/high science fiction books. I end up enjoying them, but they take me longer to read, mostly because I don't want to miss anything.

Favorite genre?
Dystopian, Romance, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Fairy tale, Lore, Poetry, and Paranormal.

Horror, High Fantasy, Historical, Classics and Mysteries.

Favorite Author?
Edgar Allen Poe
George Orwell
Sherrilyn Kenyon

It'd be my paperback copy of Complete Tales & Poems by Edgar Allen Poe at 1,026 pages.

What are your top 5 favorite books of all time?
In no particular order
1. Complete Tales & Poems by Edgar Allen Poe
2. "Green Angel" by Alice Hoffman
3. "The Perks of being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky
4. "These Broken Stars" Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
5. "Acheron" by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hana

Big ole doorstopper books and series tend to dominate my favorites. I read fairly quickly, and my current schedule gives me about 4 hours per weekday minimum where I'm at work or on the bus reading, so I can tear through books quickly. I like huge books that take me some time to get through, because they tend toward having a much larger and complex plot than normal books. While I could speed through a bunch of shallow novels each month, I'd rather sink my teeth into a meaty story instead.

Favorite genre?

Fantasy, no doubt about it. I can read anything from modern supernatural fantasy like The Dresden Files to full on Lord of the Rings style medieval fantasy with elves and dwarves and so on, and I can enjoy it all.

Science fiction. I don't know why, but I have some aversion to sci-fi stuff... despite the fact that I've enjoyed the majority of all sci-fi things I've given a chance. Haven't really gotten into any books though, just some movies and shows and games. There's no logical reason for it, but whenever I go look for sci-fi to read I end up going "ehhh, nah, not today." I want to at least give it a solid chance before I dismiss the whole genre, so I need to just stop being a turd and do it.

Favorite Author?

Hrm. Trying to think of a single one is not working, so I'll take the easy mode out and list the contenders.

George R.R. Martin
Terry Pratchett
Neil Gaiman
Brandon Sanderson
Stephen King
Jim Butcher
Steven Erikson

The complete and uncut edition of The Stand by Stephen King. 1152 pages hardcover, about 520,000 words. It wouldn't just stop a door, it'd break the damn thing.

What are your top 5 favorite books of all time?

Top 5 books? As in singular novels? Hahahaha, no, I'm taking the easy way out here and counting entire series as one item on the list. However, they're in an actual order, that being how I would currently rate them (because all but the top spot kind of change from week to week), so that's something.

A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin.
Good Omens novel by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.
The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher
Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and finished by Brandon Sanderson after Jordan's death.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lawkheart
Top 5 books? As in singular novels? Hahahaha, no, I'm taking the easy way out here and counting entire series as one item on the list. However, they're in an actual order, that being how I would currently rate them (because all but the top spot kind of change from week to week), so that's something.
That works too lol :)

I have tried, rather unsuccessfully to find another genre/author that I can get attached to other than Stephen King. The truth is, there are very few other authors out there that I can get excited about. Christopher Pike (Yes, the one that wrong all those teen horror books in the 90's!) has some really good adult books as well. Season of Passage is one of my all-time favorites, as is Falling.

I've read a lot of Dean Koontz ad Clive Barker as well, but really, there's no other author that I get excited about. Whenever I hear there's going to be a new Stephen King novel, I spam the hell out of the web searching for details, looking for release dates, and the moment I know I can pre-order it, it's already paid for and waiting for me the day it comes out.

That's not to say there aren't other genres that I like. Like with my roleplays I get on certain kicks. I was on a paranormal romance kick for a while and devoured most of the Immortals after Dark books. When Black Dahlia came out and there was a bunch of cold case shows about the murder, I went on a True Crime kick. Where a lot of people are more the 'book first, movie later' type, I usually end up reading things after watching a movie or a show. Like the Divergent series. I would have never picked any of those books up on my own if I hadn't loved the movie. (Sadly, the Hunger Games movie made me not want to read the books, and I'm kind of glad that I didn't.)

I honestly can't say what makes me like a book. I've read books with horrible writing, but the story was good enough that I could overlook the author's writing style and focus on the story. I've read books that I've gotten for free off of Amazon thinking they would be complete and utter trash, and I've loved them. (Sadly, it seems I'm not the only one. Seed by Ania Ahlborn was a book that at one time was 99 cents. I read it for free when I had my Amazon Prime subscription and waited for it to become free. The price went up instead. X_X)

Writing isn't always a factor for why I love a book. Amanda Hocking's writing is terrible, but I absolutely love the Tryelle and My Blood Approves series because of the story (And oddly enough, the disappointing endings. She's really good at making you want to punch her in the face.)

As for my all-time favorites....they're kind of all over the place.

Non-Stephen King books

1. Thief of Always by Clive Barker
  2. The Choirboys by Joseph Wambaugh
  3. Nocturnal by Scott Sigeler
  4. Scarlett by Alexander Ripley (Yes, it is the sequel to Gone with the Wind!)
  5. Seed by Ania Albhorn

I'll leave it at that, or I'd spend all day writing. @_@

• Thank You
Reactions: Lawkheart
Status
Not open for further replies.