Favorite book series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a new series! Well, sort of. The second book comes out in July, but I'm supper excited about it.

51r8cQtAfyL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This series looks promising, at least based off this book. The next one is Red Queen and I've already preordered it, which is something I never do with books. But after reading the first one I can't help but want more. Too bad it's going to take a while. :(

Reactions: Greenie
Gotta admit

I love the comic book style action and simple adventurey fun of the Drizzt DoUrden books

Reactions: Autarch
The Infernal Devices.

Probably one of the best YA I have read since Year 7. It's pretty good compared the horrid Mortal Instruments and I'm attached to the series even though when I read it now it's so cheesy and cringey.

I still love it though. In fact I'm reading it for the fifth time.

Wessa is love, Wessa is life.

Mannnn The fucking Dune series. I forgot about those.
Walk without rhythm, and you will not attract the Worm. In all things, remember that Fear is the Mind-Killer.

God, Frank Herbert is my inspiration when it comes to worldbuilding. I remember my journal sophomore year being a mixture of fawning over crushes and notes about the terminology of Dune.

"April 6th, Timothy talked to me in the hall today!
Chaumas: Poison administered through food.
Chaumurky: Poison administered through drink.
Today is a good day."
[Mildly Embellished]

My long-time favorite book series is the Belgariad, followed by the Malloreon, and then the Elenium and Tamuli, and... well, I pretty much love all of the series by Eddings. A lot of people call him a bad writer, but he ignited a lot of my desire to write.

C.J Cherryh's Foreigner series. It has so much subtext and detail that there is no possible way to make it into a movie imo. The atevi as an alien species mirrors Japanese culture in many respects, but without spoiling anything, they are the most intriguing species I've ever read about in terms of culture and psychology. The protagonist Bren Cameron acts as the sole diplomat for a human colony, acts the lynch pin that maintains the conditional peace between a small island and the rest of the atevi home planet. He is completely isolated from the rest of his species, submerged in the culture of the Atevi and their complex politics. If you are a fan of science fiction intrigue, this is definitely for you.

The Foxhole Court is my current favorite series. I recommend it to everyone but especially if you love really dark themes, tragic & dynamic characters, and questionable humor.

Sherlock Holmes, Chet and Bernie, and Empire State series are also amazing.

From my childhood it was definitely Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys. I'm a sucker for mystery as you can probably tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.