Falcon

Adventure Finder
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
I have a shifting work schedule, so My online times will be random.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, scifi, futuristic modern, fantasy modern, Action/adventure, Mystery, Fan-based,
So I'm wondering what people's favorite book series(s) are

For me it's a toss up between the Wheel of time by Robert Jordan, and Diana Wynne Jones Howl's Moving Castle trilogy.

What is/are yours Iwaku?

>_> I think everyone here knows what mine is. But, besides The Dark Tower Series...

The Tyrelle series, by Amanda Hocking. Shitty writing, and the ending pissed me off to no end, but I still love it.

My Blood Approves, also by Amanda Hocking.

The Hunger series by Jason Brant. Yes, it's a zombie apocalypse series, but I loved how it was done.

I have two.

The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne

and

The Maker's Song Series by Adrian Phoenix

I love pretty much all of the books written by Tamora Pierce. She's my fantasy inspiration. She has easy to ready books with relatable characters and strong female protagonists.

• Love
Reactions: Rin Mico
The Godspeaker trilogy by Karen Miller.

The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.

My guilty pleasure is the Hunger Games trilogy..

There were more but I can't recall at the moment.. But I know my favorite authors are Butcher, Brandon Sanderson and Neil Gaiman.

The Culture series, by Iain M. Banks ...

And, The Lord of the Rings, obviously!

House Of Night by P.C. and Kristin Cast. I read the books in high school since the library had them all and always made sure to get the new releases as well. Unfortunately I need to catch up on the series big time because I haven't read them since I graduated. The last book I remember reading was Burned and I don't think I even finished that one.

13c3a572f257311e8a4db447ca64777c.jpg

I also really enjoy the Bluford Series and I started reading them in middle school. In fact I actually won this collection in a contest on the Bluford official Facebook page!

b_c30491a78055efb285b1f9cd4a0884ae.jpg

I'm really starting to like the Divergent Series as well. I read the first book while at Fort Leonard Wood and haven't had the chance to read the others sadly :(

y450-293.png

The series that I wish I could hate. It's an awesome series. I haven't read Four though. I'm still working up my nerve to touch those books again.

Harry Potter, lor, and THE GUNSLINGER! Although The Gunslinger lost my interest at a couple points. I admittedly skipped entire chapters in Wizard and Glass. The rest of the series was dope as hell though.

The Sprawl Trilogy by William Gibson basically set the bar for all cyberpunk stories that have followed it, plus they're fucking amazing books in their own right.

And 'The Belgariad' is basically one of the best fantasy series ever and if you disagree you're an asshole and I don't want to work with you anymore.

Harry Potter, lor, and THE GUNSLINGER! Although The Gunslinger lost my interest at a couple points. I admittedly skipped entire chapters in Wizard and Glass. The rest of the series was dope as hell though.
D=

I totally understand how you feel. I actually skipped from The Drawing of Three to Wolves of the Calla my first time reading them. However, you get a lot of Roland's backstory in Wizard and Glass. If you can't read it, listen to the audiobook. That's how I got through it. :)

The series that I wish I could hate. It's an awesome series. I haven't read Four though. I'm still working up my nerve to touch those books again.
LOL why won't you touch them? XD It's not like they're Twilight XD

Discworld and it ain't even close.
Discworld, most especially the stories with the Night Watch, are awesomeness ^_^

HOOOOWL'S MOVING CASTLLLEEEEEE

I loved the first book so much I read it twice in one day. (And then several more times that week. c___c)

I also enjoy the Sherlock Holmes stories, Harry Potter, The Belgariad, aaahhhm, there's prolly some others but I cant think of them right now.

Also -proceeds to jot down all these collections to add to her TO READ list-

Reactions: Greenie
LOL why won't you touch them? XD It's not like they're Twilight XD
I just can't! That series tore my heart into a million pieces. I can't recover from the heartbreak!

Dramatic-cry-GIF.gif

HOOOOWL'S MOVING CASTLLLEEEEEE
Diana Wynne Jones is one of my favourite authors. All of her books are so fascinating! The Chrestomanci series for example, or the Dalemark Quartet, the Derkholm series. Of course, Howl's Moving Castle series!

Discworld and it ain't even close.
I'm not very far into the Discworld series, but I've loved what I've read so far.

Boring answer, but A Song of Ice and Fire. I've read few series, but these books are regardless some of the best I've read and the TV-show, albeit very solid, can never compare. The great attention to detail in such a massive story is great bordering on amazing, and the character gallery is one (if not the) of the most expansive, comprehensive and well-written I've ever come across. If I ever turn out to be half the writer of George Martin, I'll be more than pleased.

The Harry Hole-series (a name that works very poorly in English) by Jo Nesbø is a not-even-close second. I don't really like detective stories and rarely find them engaging, but Nesbø is a hell of a writer and has a way of bringing about the unpredictable in very believable ways. In particular, the seventh book (he's written ten) book of the series, The Snowman, is what deserves praise, and is the main reason why I even bring these books up. That book is fucking fantastic, and I'm far from surprised they decided to make a movie based on that particular book.

The only series I love dearly, more than any other book series, is LOTR. I grew up reading them and the Hobbit and, as such, they've become inseparable from my childhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.