Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, mystery, slice of life, dark fantasy, fandom, pirate stuff coz it's badass... yeah.
When role-playing, are there any particular artists that you tend to borrow character portraits for? Or are there any artists in general that you really enjoy? Share some of their artwork - lets give credit to the amazing artists that put forth their time, effort, and skills to make beautiful compositions :)

My two favorite artists are Luis Royo and, for role-playing, whomever does the Aion character concept art.

I love Luis Royo's dark and powerful style of artwork. The women he paints are sexy and powerful, without the use of overly dramatic resizing of breasts and butts and whatnot. Oftentimes the women are portrayed in seductive but deadly attire, with weaponry or armor. It has this empowering feelings in my opinion, though some of his work does get a bit graphic.

I love Aion's style, in general. I love the semi-realism between fantasy and anime artwork- it reminds me of Final Fantasy and I'm a huge fan. Also the huge amount of detail and colors and vibrance just makes it such a unique art style and amazing for fantasy role-playing!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: OnI6470
Too bad those don't resize. I don't use any pictures for role-playing, and since I'm assuming you mean painting/drawing kind of art, one of my favorites in general are redjuice999 (he did concept art for Guilty Crown) and Carlos Quevedo. There's more, but it's been a crazy while since I've searched up my favorite artists online. :)

Reactions: Thornapple
Too bad those don't resize. I don't use any pictures for role-playing, and since I'm assuming you mean painting/drawing kind of art, one of my favorites in general are redjuice999 (he did concept art for Guilty Crown) and Carlos Quevedo. There's more, but it's been a crazy while since I've searched up my favorite artists online. :)
Yeah they resize in the preview but not when I actually go to post.... I don't get why. And I mean any type of visual art :P I also like Quevedos art ^u^

Yeah they resize in the preview but not when I actually go to post.... I don't get why. And I mean any type of visual art :P I also like Quevedos art ^u^
When I referred to painting/drawing kind of art, I didn't mean only those kinds, just for clarification. When you said art in general, I thought about music and other art forms as well, but assumed you only wanted the visual art. :)

Reactions: Thornapple
I don't usually use one artist for characters BUT I will toss out one artist whose work I love. Even without realizing it's hers, I find myself magnetized to it (though her style is pretty distinctive). I've used some of her stuff for my Iwaku avatar because it's so gorgeous: escume on DeviantArt

Status
Not open for further replies.