October Knight

Hi-def
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
Who is your favorite artist?

Oil paints, water colors, charcoal, new school, old school..whatever medium, whatever era.

I have always liked Salvidor Dali, the guy that did this clock picture.

Being a comic nerd and a sometimes art student, I'm going to name drop Roy Lichtenstein because I've always enjoyed the simplicity of his paintings in terms of color and lines, as well as the pop feel to them and the sort of "window in time" aspect of them. Additionally, from what I remember he used them as a way of showing how he felt about society around him an many artists have, and I like that too.

I'm a big French Impressionist fan. I really like Mary Cassatt and Renoir.

George Pérez, the almighty godfather of the 80's Teen Titans run, you know, back when they WEREN'T shit?

Off the top of my head and despite someone's dogged attempts to provoke me to violence while posting this:

Edgar Degas, Robert McGinnis, Darwyn Cooke, Hiroaki Samura, Adam Hughes, Hyung Tae-Kim, Jim Lee, Jo Chen, and probably most of the UDON group.

I know I've left out at least three more.

I'm a fan of pulp covers, pinups, and good/bad girl art, but I can't remember my favorites right now outside of McGinnis.

edit:I left out Alex Ross

I forgot to put in Jae Lee. Seriously, read his Dark Tower series and the plethora of other books he's done, if only for the art itself. He's fantastic.