Fave horror movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KayLove |-/

Original poster
Just curious.
What's you favorite horror movies?

Alien. The old stuff is always where it's at.

The_Collection-630x552.png

That's my fave, for now

The Shining is my all time favorite.

Anything Psychological if it's done right.

I'm a huge fan of Psychological horror.

I also really like SAW.

There's also a Korean film that I can't think of right now, that I really like.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
I've seen people put The Silence of the Lambs on lists of psychological horror movies, so probably that.

If you want to discount iffy borderline cases that are more thriller than horror, then I'd probably have to go with the first Saw movie. I don't really care for horror films in general, but Saw was pretty great because it built up a creepy vibe without needing to rely on much in the way of jump scares or blood and gore. It saved the bloody bits for the climax, and that worked just fine for me. The later Saw movies lost my interest because they were just gorefests.

John Carpenter's Halloween (1978) and then Halloween 4 & 5 ('88 & '89).
Even though I have watched them a million times each, I still can't go to sleep at night without being on edge.

And then Kubrick's The Shining (1980) I will also watch a million times because it's a beautiful piece of film.

EDIT: I see SAW mentioned. SAW II will always be my fave of that series just for needle pit. Gets me every time.

Reactions: Windsong
The Nightmare On Elm Street series (fuck the remake), anything by Stephen King, SAW, Sleepaway Camp (1 and 2), Scream, and that's about all I can think of for now

Reactions: Dipper
The Nightmare On Elm Street, The Locker, Ju-On, The Quiet Ones, Audition, Neighbor No. 13

I'm super sure this counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.