FateGuard: Darker Nights

So Asmo do you want me to make a character now or wait until I'm actually in again?

I'm still in right? Just waiting for the right moment for me to step into the story? Guys? Guys?

guys it's cold out here

Up to you, Spambodia. I had Ferrick saving some of us at the end of the chapter, so either he came into the city with us, or ran off again.

Corben's entered a darker phase of his personality now and is willing to entertain those who have seen the darkness first-hand. He would welcome Ferrick in his home and gladly hide him from the rest of Gothenheim.

*pulls out the sofa bed and sets down a dog bowl*

And Mrs. Corben is fine with this? Huh. I'm not sure that getting a dog is the best way to get over your kid going missing.

"That's the secret, Corb. I'm always a werewolf."
"...Yes that's technically true but that doesn't actually explain anything about why you have control of it now."
"WOOB WOOB WOOB WOOB!"

Ladies and gentlemen let's give Ferrick a warm welcome back to the story. Way way WAY fucking overdue.

My goodness, so many people!

Alrighty then, let's see. To update the char sheet a bit..

Name: SHILA BRIAR / Alyss Owl

Appearance:
1264142236979-1.jpg

Reputation: She used to be a wonderful marksman, able to take out targets from a distance to help ease the battles... Now and days, She has grown adapt at making... and breaking bows. Having discarded her original bow (Owl's Wing) that was given to her by Kael, a traitor, she has attempted again and again at making her own weapons, but alas, after about three or four times of use, the bow will break in any which way. She will switch to daggers, though- being that they are still not her strength, she will be at a severe disadvantage. Her control over her frosty skin has grown, and she has resorted to dying her hair black with whatever's on hand to fit in more when she's not on the job. No longer can she afford to stand out. Her former control over silence has ended, giving way to bursts of speech and even emotional outbursts. She has not quite learned to reign in these odd emotions. It seems to have some connection to her frosty condition. She's still training hard to be able to take care of her teammates through her herbs.

Blessing of Experience: Blessing of Death: Alyss was always afraid of the townsfolk- fearing that one day they would think her a true monster and seek to end her. The sight of Leonardo that night changed her and made her take action. She made herself disappear. Her long white hair is dyed black as the moonless night, and her skin is painted to have more color. She took on a new name. She sought to make herself vanish. Alyss washes away these dyes and paints when she is working so that she can keep the two identities separate, but keeps her hair under wraps and covers herself well. She strives to be able to work, yet to keep herself out of the public eye.

Blessing of Thanks: Book of the Herbalist: Her mentor, her father, and her cross to bear- Ulric, passed this to her as she gathered her things in a rush to escape the public eye. Their relationship has simmered to his helping her in controlling herself, and her promises to never again draw the spotlight to him. Her studies of this book have revealed far more than she expected to find- it's a fairly thick book with thin, creased and stained pages. A relic, perhaps. She reads it quite often. Her improved condition is actually due to her findings- though with it comes a price.

Blessing of Ancients: Dragon's blood: A vial containing a very potent mixture of poisons. One drop and it would help strip Alyss of her condition for a full day- Her body would morph as if she had never been touched beyond the walls as a child- and give her the calm that she is so hard-pressed to find. She would find the mental clarity she once had- but, with it comes a pain that almost crosses threshold of what she can handle. A burning pain, like fire scalding your throat. She'd take this willingly every day if she could, but it also requires a period of time to allow the body to work the mixture through. With this, she'd be able to focus more clearly in times of need, helping her aim and her ability to think on her feet quickly.

Legend: There was once a legend of a child, but that child was cold to the touch, frightening,and she didn't cry. She wandered in from outside. A healer stepped in and raised the child as his own, yet kept a distance from her, raising her as an apprentice. Eventually the child yearned the respect of the people instead of scorn and wary glances, and so she trained to be part of the group that sought to protect everyone. She learned to fire arrows with accuracy from quite a distance, she sought to be of use to something greater. When it came tumbling down, she vanished, fearing that her luck had run out, she hid herself in plain view with dyed hair and painted skin, She took on the alias "Shila Briar", a begger that Derek took in off the street out of pity and made her into a servant of his household.

Off-Duty: Alyss spends her time off secluded in Derek's house, still using it as refuge. She reads her book, trains, and makes bow after bow after bow, constantly trying to make one that works, make one that she can depend on that she won't throw from herself in disgust. She does occasionally cook and clean, but it would be a lie to say that her cuisine is edible and her cleaning abilities are nearly horrific.

Vet or Wet?: Vet.

(If there's anything that needs rectifying, tell me. I'm up to make changes if needed, Asmo.)

AND YAY, SPAMMERS IS BACK!

ACCEPTED: [Do none of us recognize you now?]

Last edited by a moderator:
EITHER REPRISING ARKAVENN.

OR I'M PLAYING ARKAVENN'S SMALL, VERY FAST, DISCREET, SUBTLE, NON-RECKLESS, ANTI-ALCOHOLISM SON.

ACCEPTED, [Assuming the dagger is from the Old World. We've been trapped inside a city for 100 years, so there are no 'travellers' of any sort these days]

Yes. The dagger was lost for a long time after it was stolen, long enough that most had thought it was just some legend.

Okay,

[MENTION=4073]Wolfsin[/MENTION] [MENTION=1199]TheFoxMaiden[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2898]UltimaCircuit[/MENTION] , you have one question each written on your character sheets before I can accept you.

[MENTION=1809]Ophelia[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1337]Hydronine[/MENTION] are accepted.

[MENTION=16]Jack Shade[/MENTION] is rejected lolololololololololol

I'll write the opening post tomorrow. :]

Asmo: Alyss will look her usual self when she works with you guys save for probably a hood to somewhat hide her features, should anyone see her, but she trying to make it publicly appear that she just up and vanished. She wants to have a persona to hide in, should there be fear that people are eyeing daggers at her.

TK got a hold of me. Said she couldn't be held responsible for what she'd do if I didn't try to join.

Name: Alwyn Singh

Appearance:

Reputation: A somewhat clumsy night watchman of the walls with a distinct skill in archery, even in panic situations.

Blessing of Experience: Despite his youth he has a talent for noticing the little things; such as that which is wrong, out of place, or different from the night before. Alwyn's eyesight is excellent, even at night. This served him well for those the long cold nights on duty upon the walls. At least until he was replaced by legionnaires.

Blessing of Thanks: A simple wooden whistle tied to a leather cord. It produces a surprisingly clear and distinct, if perhaps shrill note when blown. It is a gift from his parents when he was young, to be used in case of emergency.

Blessing of Ancients: Ring of Savil. This is a small tarnished silver band with a sparkling blue crystal. Has a minor effect on calming the wearer down and steadying their hands.

Legend: Rumored to be a ridiculous lightweight when it comes to alcohol, and ridiculed for his somewhat abysmal skill at hand to hand fighting.

Off-Duty: He lives in a world where dragons, demons, and other assorted evils assault the city on a near nightly basis. Skills in carpentry and masonry are prized and sought after for rebuilding. Alwyn has no distinct skill in either, but he does assist in any possible way he can with rebuilding efforts with his older brother.

Vet or Wet?: Wetish Veteran, he's only been in the FateGuard for about a year.

Please note, I have not made a character sheet or a character in about a year. Nor have I done any real forum roleplays for about six or so months. So please, point out my mistakes or things to change.

ACCEPTED

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hydronine
THAT'S A LIE, I DIDN'T THREATEN, I JUST SAID I MISSED YOU. YOU MEANIEBUTT.

I'm posting anyways.

NO one can stop Malwin. TALL AS HALF-BROTH

PFFT, ALYSS CAN'T STOP YOU, BUT SHE CAN BE CONFUSED AS HELL, BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

A: "So how's it hangin'?"
M: "What?"
A: "Your brother?"

A: "Sooo, getting any private lessons from Corben?"
M: "What?"
A: "Never mind."

A: "So, how's the kids and wi....oh"
M: "...."

A: "So..... ummmm"
M: "..."
A: "Wanna go back to my place or your.... oh..."

Because death, sexual tension, and awkward scenes are funny when combined together.