Fate_Grand Order Party based roleplay

MixedUpGuy

Just a mixed up guy over here.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
So for those who are deep into the gacha hell world that is Fate Grand Order and the basic makeup of the game then you'll get a basic understanding of my suggested story here.

For those of you who are not as well versed, the Fate series or the Nasuverse is a series where those with a deep connection to magic are capable of summoning ancient heroes from the past or folklore as familiars in what are known as Holy Grail Wars. Fate Grand Order however does not follow that exact formula per say, as instead you are thrusted into many different eras in human history to try and fix problems that have arisen in previous Holy Grail Wars. In the game, you are a single Master who is capable of summoning multiple servants to your call. My idea however takes a slightly different approach.

Based on the opening of the game's early chapters it is suggested that a group called Chaldea was going to recruit multiple mages in the hopes of making some kind of task force to send out for the duty of rectifying abnormalities in the past to save human civilization in the future. What if instead of just the one mage making it through the opening chapter, multiple mages did and this task force actually became a reality? Perhaps you too would like to join in and see what your magical power would be able to summon? Can you help fix the past, protect the present, and save the future all at once? Perhaps you are the mage Chaldea needs to defeat whatever strange menace is out there. Either way, just do us all a favor. Try not to get yourself killed on our watch.

So there is a basic synopsis of my idea. I'll probably see about making another post later for character sheets and servant sheets as well in case anyone has any fun or new ideas for servants that haven't been included in the series history so far. If anyone is interested or has ideas and would like to share don't hesitate to respond here. Just testing the waters here as it is. Hope to hear from some of you soon. Peace!

So finally got sometime to really sit down and think out the idea of how characters and stuff would work out in this set up. My thinking was that instead of in FGO where you can summon multiple servants, you just get one like in tradition Fate stories and in doing so it will add some interesting dynamics. In regards to building up your character and servant, here is my ground work for the sheets. (Subject to change later pending discussion/better ideas)

Name:
Appearance: (image or description)

Magic Circuits
Number:(A-E with C being average)
Quality:(A-E)

Magecraft/Abilities:(Spells and/or powers your Master has with a limit of up to 3 per master)

Other Abilities:(Skills not related to magecraft)

Mystic Codes:(Potions, mana replenishers or trinkets)

Weapons/ Other Belongings:

Personality:

Short History:

True Name:
Class:
Alignment:
Appearance:

Stats
Strength:
Endurance:
Agility:
Magical Energy:
Luck:

Class Skills:(Skills your Servant possesses that are tied to their class with a limit of up to two, three under discretion)

Personal Skills:(Skills your Servant has because of their identity with a limit of up to three)

Weapon:

Noble Phantasm(s): (Can have two)
Name
Title
Type:(anti-unit, anti-army, etc.)
Description:

Personality:

Legend:

Summoning Catalyst:(If any)

If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions just put down a response and we'll get a discussion going.

I play Fate: GO, but I'm not super far into the story yet. How much should someone know about the Fate series to participate?

I would argue that there is a lot you CAN absorb, but not a lot you NEED to absorb if that makes sense. Again, the Nasuverse is expansive to a point it may as well be a genre in it of its own.

If you can you can watch the movie on Fate Grand Order or any of the other Fate series on like crunchyroll or vrv but in the end a lot of it can be covered through here if you have any basic questions. And if someone else who knows way more than I do wants to correct it then we will both benefit from it. For the most part thought, when talking to my friends about this stuff I mostly just tell them:

"Think Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stands but based on historical or fictional entities. And with users who can also hang in a fight if need be in some cases."

• Love
Reactions: Jessica
This sounds interesting - I’m a Type-Moon addict, so when I see Fate, I am excited. If I just wanted to RP a Servant, would that be okay?

This sounds interesting - I’m a Type-Moon addict, so when I see Fate, I am excited. If I just wanted to RP a Servant, would that be okay?

Oh yeah, I wrote that out in the signup forum that I linked to with my last post. But totally, I think playing just a servant is fine. People can just play servants, masters or both pending their comfort level with this kind of story.