Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Mecha, Superhero, Anime, Adventure, Magical
OOC: OPEN SIGNUPS - Fate/stay Night - War of the Fourteen Magi - High Intermediate
==
It is the year 2012. The Date: December 1st. The long and arduous task of gathering servants, and masters alike for a new holy war has already begun but at the request of the mage association the very first fight has yet to truly start. The war zone is a city known as Fuyuki City located in Japan which has held multiple wars there during it's life time. Many heroes from beyond time have appeared from times past, present, and future to serve in this war known simply as the Holy Grail war. Typically there are at the very least several servants at maximum vying for the chance to get their wish granted by the Holy Grail itself. Said to be able to perform most any wish theoretically the grail is greatly treasured by mages.

However only those whom the grail selects as worthy masters are worthy attending. And somehow this year despite the odds fourteen master have been selected...no one knows what it means. Or how have doubles of each servant class would work. Would new classes show up? Would old ones change? Would there be no change just more chaos? The Mage's Association has planned ahead this time to both guarantee a winner after the failure to declare one last war by sending two overseers, one monk in training and a father, to make sure things go smoothly with all the servants. The overseer himself has also decided to step up to the plate and add additional rules to the tournament first however he asked that all willing magi meet him at the Fuyuki City Cathedral built and paid for by a wealthy owner from the association itself and donated as neutral ground for the war.

===
The time is 6:00, and the cold night air is flowing all around the city with some minor snow falling from the sky. It wasn't anything to worry about but it was pretty, and very cold all the same. The fact that the war hadn't officially kicked off yet meant that either the overseer was really powerful, the servants weren't all in the city yet, or no one really cared to start a fight before all the dice were thrown. Either way things would start very soon. Probably by the end of the night if what Leon Winchester had thought was true. Leon was clothed from head to toe in thick clothing just to make certain he wouldn't catch anything.

He had a wool cap on even and that was something he hated wearing. Beside him walked his ever stalwart ally Lancer....Lancer had many interesting abilities. She didn't exactly have any ability to conceal herself but she held outstanding power. Even though she had her divinity ripped away from her, according to legend, by her father she still radiated more than any normal woman like her would. Gorgeous, deadly, and...a bit clingy she followed him wherever he went. She had firmly told him, her 'beloved hero and master' that she would walk with him on a beautiful night like this. Which would be a major issue if there was a master around considering where they were heading that was a strong possibility.

Lancer was wearing a white cotton coat with a fur cap on top of her head. Her long snowy white hair blew in the wind behind her as she walked by his side her hand wrapped around Leon's own hand. He had noticed the teal accent reminiscent to the night sky that covered the inside of her long hair. Many had said that she was 'beautiful as there was a night being there that was so beautiful that it was to the point that she could steal men's eyes'. And she really was. He blushed a little but he had gotten use to being by her side at this point. Besides that Leon had bought for her a pair of slender boots that she used often, and her jeans, a gift from Leon's mother, were a bit worn but still fit her nicely. Overall it would look like she was his mother...or aunt...either way this didn't help Leon's own self consciousness of the situation. She was ever sorrowful but in her sorrow she still felt all sorts of feelings and the one mixed with her sadness today was a sense of happiness as judged by the smile on her face.

"It's a beautiful evening isn't it?" Leon chimed in as they turned a corner. They had been walking for about ten minutes now. They weren't too far away from the church but they were still fast walkers when they needed to be. He'd have to keep a thought in his head that he should make sure to take a longer route home. The two of them had been mostly silent nothing to really talk about that they hadn't already talked about before leaving the house. Besides that Lancer didn't have any really especially happy things to talk about. Her life...was a hard one but he did like to talk about the better things she enjoyed in this life, the new one she had been given.

"Yes it is indeed my dear hero. I love the snow...it reminds me of home and the places I use to visit that are now so far away. But every moment here, with you, is enough for me. I'd rather be no where else at the moment but by your side." Lancer said calmly as she looked up towards the moon with a smile. She enjoyed every moment she had with Leon since she had been summoned. He was a good young man and she reminded him a lot of some of the nicest people she had known in life. She had imagined she'd be used as a tool, in which she was fine with, but Leon treated her like a valued partner. He meant the world to her. Leon looked up at Lancer and nodded at her not really sure what to say. Having a conversation with Lancer was easy. Sustaining that conversation was harder. He could understand that she was excited to see the other servants. But he wanted to keep her away from harm until he was sure she wouldn't fall into harm herself.

"I really wish that you'd stop calling me that. It's embarrassing you know. I'm a good magus yeah but I'm nothing special.". Leon said to Lancer as she looked down at him and giggled at him. "But Leon you are my hero are you not? My master who summoned me to this world? The person who has given to me another chance to see all of this? A chance to see heroes like my dear departed love? I would not have this chance if not for you and what else would be more fitting that can I call you? You are my dear master, and I will protect you I promise I will. I want to see the day that you become the great magus that you want to be. So please Leon do not fret about me. I am fine and I am more than content to be a servant under you." Lancer said as her eyes met Leon's with a deep affection as Leon adverted his own eyes blushing even harder than before. When he had started this war he had not expected to have this sort of relationship with his servant. Though they were not lovers they may as well be at his rate. She had once told him that being a servant was not unlike being another's significant other. Though she had not thought of it merely agreed when Satsuko had tried to come up with a comparison with servants, and masters shortly after they arrived at Japan. It was definitely not a normal one but this was the one that had be made into being. He tried not to let his feelings go to far towards his Lancer but...it was pretty hard not to be charmed by a woman like her.

She stopped not to far away from the church with Leon still in hand as she turned towards him and leaned down before hugging him gently and pressing her head against his. "Come on Lancer really?" Leon grumbled quietly as Lancer held him in her arms for a moment longer before kissing him on the forehead and letting him go. "We're in neutral territory now so I must leave your side for the time being. Please be safe in there my hero and when we're done we will go back home and see how our dear Satsuko is doing." Lancer said as she vanished into thin air leaving Leon alone by himself. "She's our friend not our daughter geez..." Leon grumbled as he thought about how awkward it was for Satsuko. She was just as much fawned over by Lancer as he was. She had come with him to Fuyuki to help him with his Japanese and stayed to help in the war and now he was living at her family's home here. Two girls, and a guy living together alone...and one of them happened to be an old legend from some long faded era. It was like a bad 80's TV series. Leon moved on and headed towards the door.

As Leon came to a stop he saw a man in a black priest's robes, and a cross dangling from his robes in front. He had mittens on, and had long dark brown hair. He didn't appear to be the main overseer. As Leon approached he turned his head, and acknowledged him. "So then our second guest is here? Welcome Master. I would ask that your servant stay out here while in there. I'm afraid servants aren't welcome on neutral ground at the moment. Too many servants in the middle of the same place could cause a ruckus. Of course fighting is forbidden out here so close as well. But there is much more room for all of you to do what you will out here. I apologize for the inconvenience it is the will of the Overseer." the man said as Leon frowned, and nodded his head. "My servant's already made itself comfortable somewhere. You need not worry about me." Leon said as he moved on. He proceeded nodding at the guard as he passed through the front door after walking down the small pathway leading there from the front gate. He could look around and see a few counter measures had been taken as a bounded field was active.

As he entered the cathedral he was immediately welcomed by the warmth that was hoping for. The room was spacious, and had many door ways and entrances to other areas however a small sign indicated where he should go. Leon looked around and felt the need to pull off his extra clothing and stuff the stuff he could into his jacket pockets. He then put all the stuff up hanging from the coat hanger, and then placed his shoes by the entrance as was customary in Japan. He made his way through the doors of the cathedral and headed to the room a few signs had pointed towards until he came to a large hall with a single teenager in there around his age. He had bright tanish hair, and dark brown eyes. He looked well off as he was wearing a suit, and was well groomed. He'd probably be trouble later judging by his obvious opulence. "I was told we're to wait here until more people come. The overseer has left for the moment to procure some things. He'll be right back. Of course the fo-good man has been gone for awhile now." the young man said with a sophisticated tone, and it was clear he was a bit of a snotty jerk. At least by standards of being a prep kid. Leon supposed that at the very least he wasn't being an complete asshole...just yet. Now to just wait for more people to arrive Leon took a place in a nearby chair and waited.

Last edited:
The walk-in closet had not been near spacious enough, and it overflowed with silks and linens. Sweaters and shirts of many a color found themselves tossed from the closet and into the air, silken appendages flapping about like the arms of soon-to-be exorcised wraiths. One of the greatest gifts Antonin Abernathy had given his reclaimed daughter had been a closet just like this, home to all sorts of trinkets, baubles and outfits. Variety, after all, was the spice of life. As it happened, variety was also the crux of indecision, and Seraphina found herself within the midst of the closet, garbed in a non-descript white nightgown.

Her left hand flung articles of clothing onto the bed with supreme deftness, while her right held a jet-black cellular device, encased in a rubber prism of lime-green. "Father, really now. This is hardly the time for this; could you get my mom on the line now? Pretty please?"

Agitated exasperation sounded like static from the other side, "Sera, I am merely suggesting that you exercise caution before stepping in the Cathedral. It is neutral ground, yes, but in war…"

"Nothing is truly neutral, I know, that's the fourth time you've said that exact phrase in this phone call. It doesn't even sound cool, just so you know." A pale, delicate hand stopped to deliberate, caressing the fabrics of a dark blue dress. "I'm bringing Caster, naturally. She's at least a thousand times the magus you and I are, isn't that what you said? So why worry? What's your opinion of dark blue?"

"W-what?"

Seraphina rolled her eyes, "See, this is why I need mom. Dark blue; does it go with my eyes – oh, also, do you know if I left the dress I wore to Lord Eligor's at home? I can't quite seem to find i-."

"I worry for you. You are my daughter."

If Antonin Abernathy had struck a nerve, nothing about it showed on Seraphina's countenance. The dark blue dress, however, found itself hurtling at velocity into the bedroom wall. Seraphina knew that she was, all at once, Antonin's greatest legacy, and his greatest shame. The lone bastard daughter.

Her reply was soft, gentle. Seraphina did, truly, care for the father that had once abandoned her, "I worry that you worry too much, father. I am your daughter. So, I'll win. I need to go."

She sighed as she disconnected from her phone, and walked back into her bedroom. It was a sad day.

And so, she'd settle for dark blue.

---

It was difficult to dress for the occasion when the occasion was war. Nonetheless, Seraphina had opted for a ravishing dress of midnight blue, accompanied by an exquisite dark leather coat to protect herself from the snow. She walked alone amidst the cold air, anxious but unafraid. Doubtlessly Caster was accompanying her, veiled by some sort incorporeality.

Seraphina marveled at the Cathedral as she neared it. She whispered to no one in particular, "It's beautiful, isn't it Caster?"

She carried on, greeted by the same priest that greeted Leon, and with the same warning regarding servants. Seraphina nodded in compliance, and made her entry. She soon learned that she had been the third of their number to enter the premises – she wondered how many more would show up. In spite of herself, she also noted that the two presumably Magus before her were remarkably attractive. In her youth this would have made her swoon, and blush.

Now? It made her feel even more anxious in the face of the Fuyuki War.

"Hello." She felt herself say, "It's… very nice to meet you. I think. At the very least I'm honored to meet you all."

Status
Not open for further replies.