Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Mecha, Superhero, Anime, Adventure, Magical
The year is 2012 and the next holy grail war is set to begin with the last ending in a flat out no-contest with the death of one of the magi ending in two friends left forcing them to call it a draw as neither side wanted to end the other. The last war was held in Fuyuki city and now it seems to be held there once more due to the failure of the previous masters to seek a draw. However the pent up magic from the previous war seems to have caused unfortunate consequences in this war as well. As the masters begin to gather and summon their servants it would seem that there is a specific clause for this particular war. An enforcement made by the guardians of the grail itself. The grail's magic in the last war seems to have somehow been used to reawaken old bloodlines of magisters and has caused an influx of a new group of potential candidates whom all seem to wish to take on the chance to win this new power despite some being slow to learn, others have quickly mastered their powers.

The war is just beginning and the stipulation has been sent out by the neutral priest in charge of the war. The groups shall break up into teams of seven people. The winners of the war shall all receive one minor wish granted to them personally due to the nature of the war the grail's magic may end up needing to be shared among the winning party. Though how they are to team up is up to them there will need to be two sides of the war anyone who refuses to side with a party is allowed to continue fighting in the war however they will be outnumbered, and possibly eliminated quickly. To this end the neutral party has inclined to offer a meet up at his large home for those who wish to become a part of a side without having to seek out other masters by themselves. This war is setting up to become a mess as rules have been changed and old rivalries have been resurrected from long past eras. What shall come of the war is up to the masters and the servants who fight for them.

====
Hello everyone assuming you're still interested after hearing the plot basis I have some stuff I'd like to inform you all about. Yes fourteen magi will be participating in this war. In order to incorporate a actual roleplaying basis for this I will be putting all player characters on one singular team. The win conditions for the war have been altered slightly from usual wars in that you must eliminate, or force a surrender from the opposing team. There is no set hierarchy so it may be necessary to force each individual master to surrender to the other faction.

You may play as a servant, or a hero. I encourage you to make two separate characters so you can play both. For masters I will be willing to shorten requirements on servants if you wish to make them an add-on to your main master sheet. You may also play as a servant alone but you will need a player character master to attach yourself to. In the case of drop outs ex-masters will be allowed to resummon servants, and already made servants can attach themselves to an existing master, or make one for their own.

I am willing to allow player versus player combat however both parties must consent to this and the outcome may be decided at random, or by the players in which case it may end in player death, stalemate, or otherwise. Player versus player combat is motivated only to strength the end game grail strength, and to fit in with the standard theme of Fates.

A note is I'm going to do my best to balance out certain aspects of characters as to prevent any power playing from happening. Some people will excel at certain areas and others won't. Therefore it's how you use your abilities not the quality, or quantity of them that will end up with a victorious winner. Don't expect to get a canon character in if it's not nerfed to some point if it is too strong in comparison to other servants. Ala Lancelot, or Arturia.

Another thing be prepared to play two characters. Either you can play your own servant, and master or you may need to double up and play another role for another roleplayer. I will be teaming up by myself and running the other npcs including all seven masters, and servants on the other side. I don't have the luxury to do another character to write at length.

Here's a list of roles currently claimed as a side note I may consider other classes like Manslayer but not things like Ruler depending on the character. All the same please pick one of the below:
Servant
Saber:
Archer:
Lancer:
Rider:
Caster:
Assassin:
Beserker:

In regards to whom I wish to play I'd like to be Saber, Lancer, or Assassin however I am willing to swap roles if need be depending on who plays who.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: YuriLucien
I've been waiting for a fates rp! I am so in. In regards to the classes, I do have a historical figure in mind for a hero... Think he falls under saber though.

If that's okay of course, I'm willing to work anything out. I can also make a master if need be, and having to play 7 npcs could be daunting.

You could have people interested take up some of them to help lighten the load. If you have a specific vision for them we could act that vision out so that it doesn't all fall on you.

@Sanctus

As stated I'd like to play saber, lancer, or assassin but I'm fine with giving that class away if you believe you can make good use of it. The character I have in mind for Saber is Lancelot without some of his more ridiculous abilities and taking his class, and stats from grand order. I've also had eyes on possibly Mordred (Rider/Saber/Beserker), or Hector (Lancer).

As for the seven npc's I'm willing to relegate them to players when, or if I need to. All of them but Lancer, and Rider have some rather interesting masters. I may end up playing even more if no one picks say Caster on our end. In that case I have a backup round of rather awesome characters to fill out their spots.

Last edited:
Had a famous samurai in mind, Usegi Kenshin. Besides maybe assassin, I think saber is the best classing.

And sweet, sounds good man. Just let me know what needs to be played and I will do my best to help.

Had a famous samurai in mind, Usegi Kenshin. Besides maybe assassin, I think saber is the best classing.

And sweet, sounds good man. Just let me know what needs to be played and I will do my best to help.
Usegi sounds like a possible candidate for rider. Samurai had a tendency to be good horse back riders. The only possible concern I may have for him is that his stats may be a bit high because he'll get a boost from being in Japan. If you want more ideas I can throw you a few or point you to someone on the wiki.

Last edited:
I definitely want in! I've never played Caster before, so I'd love to claim that role! And, of course, I'd be happy to play a Master. I'd rather play a Servant for another player. Same goes for my Master, so I can interact with the other players more. And how closely will we be following the official Fate world rules? :3

Mostly the same may swap up a few rules depending on the needs of the roleplay such as a master's ability to read an enemy servant.. Caster is yours if you want the role.

Mostly the same may swap up a few rules depending on the needs of the roleplay such as a master's ability to read an enemy servant.. Caster is yours if you want the role.
Sounds great! Count in me! <3

Alright well I'd like a few more people ideally. I don't want to use anymore NPC's than I need to but I'm aware that we probably won't get a full cast in the IC but I need more than two people.

Alright well I'd like a few more people ideally. I don't want to use anymore NPC's than I need to but I'm aware that we probably won't get a full cast in the IC but I need more than two people.
Makes perfect sense! XD It'll be fun with more people.

I might be interested, maaaaybe

Alright I suppose you can work with @YuriLucien, or @Sanctus my bet would be Yuri as she has spent more time here. I'm not sure how active sanctus is.

Edit: This is assuming you don't want to double up on two characters.

Last edited:
I wish I knew more actively roleplaying Fate fans. ;_;

Hehe, I've been on here a while. XD

@Verite @HangeZoe You guys should join us! It'll be fun. ;3

Alright just wanted to know as you haven't responded for a bit.

@HangeZoe will if you confirm interest and partner with one of those two I'd be willing to make an OOC if one more person confirms interest. @Verite can be the fourth person but i don't count maybes as when I do it bites me in my ass usually.

@HangeZoe will if you confirm interest and partner with one of those two I'd be willing to make an OOC if one more person confirms interest. @Verite can be the fourth person but i don't count maybes as when I do it bites me in my ass usually.
Yeah sorry, I'll have to change my mind if it's on another site and bow out, but I hope it turns out well regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.