Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Mecha, Superhero, Anime, Adventure, Magical
The year is 2012 and the next holy grail war is set to begin with the last ending in a flat out no-contest with the death of one of the magi ending in two friends left forcing them to call it a draw as neither side wanted to end the other. The last war was held in Fuyuki city and now it seems to be held there once more due to the failure of the previous masters to seek a draw. However the pent up magic from the previous war seems to have caused unfortunate consequences in this war as well. As the masters begin to gather and summon their servants it would seem that there is a specific clause for this particular war. An enforcement made by the guardians of the grail itself. The grail's magic in the last war seems to have somehow been used to reawaken old bloodlines of magisters and has caused an influx of a new group of potential candidates whom all seem to wish to take on the chance to win this new power despite some being slow to learn, others have quickly mastered their powers.

The war is just beginning and the stipulation has been sent out by the neutral priest in charge of the war. The groups shall break up into teams of seven people. The winners of the war shall all receive one minor wish granted to them personally due to the nature of the war the grail's magic may end up needing to be shared among the winning party. Though how they are to team up is up to them there will need to be two sides of the war anyone who refuses to side with a party is allowed to continue fighting in the war however they will be outnumbered, and possibly eliminated quickly. To this end the neutral party has inclined to offer a meet up at his large home for those who wish to become a part of a side without having to seek out other masters by themselves. This war is setting up to become a mess as rules have been changed and old rivalries have been resurrected from long past eras. What shall come of the war is up to the masters and the servants who fight for them.

====
Hello everyone assuming you're still interested after hearing the plot basis I have some stuff I'd like to inform you all about. Yes fourteen magi will be participating in this war. In order to incorporate a actual roleplaying basis for this I will be putting all player characters on one singular team. The win conditions for the war have been altered slightly from usual wars in that you must eliminate, or force a surrender from the opposing team. There is no set hierarchy so it may be necessary to force each individual master to surrender to the other faction.
You may play as a servant, or a hero. I encourage you to make two seperate characters so you can play both. For masters I will be willing to shorten requirements on servants if you wish to make them an add-on to your main master sheet. You may also play as a servant alone but you will need a player character master to attach yourself to. In the case of drop outs ex-masters will be allowed to resummon servants, and already made servants can attach themselves to an existing master, or make one for their own.

Here's another part of the roleplay that I am unsure of. This will be left up to vote and if it is not included then it will not alter the roleplay itself all too much but will add another dangerous element. I'm considering adding a particularly interesting stipulation. Player Versus Player style combat. players can make a giant collab in order to quickly get the fight done. Why though would you want to fight you're team mate? To strengthen the magical power you can get out of the grail at the end of the war. This will be handled by calling out another player in the IC to a fight sometime and then it will either end with a forced stalemate, or the death of one of the characters. This is a very risky element to incorporate into the roleplay so as said I am leaving this up to vote and this may very well not be included into the roleplay.

A note is I'm going to do my best to balance out certain aspects of characters as to prevent any power playing from happening. Some people will excel at certain areas and others won't. Therefore it's how you use your abilities not the quality, or quantity of them that will end up with a victorious winner.
Here's a list of roles currently claimed:
Servant
Saber: Reserved - Character needs master.
Archer:
Lancer:
Rider:
Caster:
Assassin:
Beserker: Reserved

Last edited:
Well, consider me interested in this, sure as sure. Definitely leaning more towards a Servant vice Master, can certainly do both in the needs demand however. Most likely, I would prefer to utilize the Assassin class, though not as one of the Hassan-i-Sabbah if that is at all possible?

Beyond that, certainly curious as to the limitations that Servants would have on their True Names (King Arthur being a Saber Class, Cú Chulainn being a Lancer class, ect ect), as that would greatly define the preference in class, especially with the example above of having really no interest in utilizing one of the Hassan-i-Sabbah. Guess the best way to put it, which ones would be off limits?

Assassin Class is fine. I would like one of the Hassan but it's not going to be enforced because I like to give my players a chance to play as they like within reason.

Servants will be allowed to be strong but not on par with say Gilgamesh, or Hercules. Hercules flat out was able to take on two heroes at the same time and short of annihilation was unkillable. So I'd say cutting off demi-god hero spirits would be a good start in my opinion. I'd give examples but I don't want to disappoint and spoil the enemy cast list.

Let's just say like it would not be ok to play characters like Thor, or certain variations of Nobunaga Oda.

Certainly a fair enough outlook, and I can run with another overall Class, free up Assassin for someone who would rather run one of the Hassan, I'll just need to do a bit of reading to figure out a hero that I would enjoy role playing as. I can understand not being interested in going for sheer, unfair power on the PC side of things, no fun being handily over powered and curb stomping the way to victory.

So no gods and/or demi gods, got it. Had no interest in them, but its good to have a clear limit to prevent confusion. I'll definitely sound off once I have someone in mind, time to go do some reading.

Reactions: VanceXentan
Alright fair enough and as for Beserker itself I'd like to say as a class it will still remain powerful. It just sacrifices all sorts of tactical soundness, and skill for savage raw power.

Definitely interested! Would quite like to give the Berserker class a try.

Alright then I'll allow you to take the beserker spot if that is what you want. Did you want to dual play as a master too?

Alright then I'll allow you to take the beserker spot if that is what you want. Did you want to dual play as a master too?
Yep, I'd like to play both. Though if someone especially wants to play the Servant I'd be alright with just playing the Master.

Alright I put you down as Beserker good luck. Your evil twin is going to be one of the strongest enemy heroic spirits they have.

Reactions: java
Alright, I do believe that I shall settle upon the Saber class, if you would be so kind?

I'll give you the go ahead for Saber if that's what you want. Again I'd like to reiterate you'll be facing a very very stiff counterpart in the other saber.

I'll give you the go ahead for Saber if that's what you want. Again I'd like to reiterate you'll be facing a very very stiff counterpart in the other saber.
I have a rather noble hero in mind for our Saber, so I do desire to play the role of Saber. I appreciate the warning though, sure as sure.

Alright and do you desire to play both master, and saber? Just want to know for reference sake.

I would rather play solely a Servant, but if no one wishes to play only as a Master I would have no qualms with doing both.

Alright well we'll see if someone else needs a servant as a sole master player if not then we'll see what we need.

• Thank You
Reactions: Rax Rosetta
I may have to brush up on how Nasuverse magic works (again), I don't mind playing either role.

well saber needs a master so if you want to take that spot you can do that. I myself am not an expert on the Nasuverse but I believe there are various forms of magic everything form alchemy to fire and each family specializes in one specific branch of magic.

If Rax wants to team up, then I don't mind.

Last edited:
Alright well I don't have any objections to that otherwise you're free to make a master/servant pair up. I'm sort of waiting until there's a sizable amount of people in the group to start the rp and I'm going to take what's left over. I'm hoping I don't get Caster but I'll make do if I must.

Status
Not open for further replies.