Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and I'm personally looking forward to him actually getting to speak and act as he would if he hadn't been ordered not to speak. Provided of course, that whoever ends up with him doesn't give that order ._.

Now that would be ironic, wouldn't it?
...I really want his Master to give him the same order now for some reason =P

._. I hope not. If that happens though, I'll have to do something to make my posts longer to compensate...

Hahaha, yeah I'm just kidding. Though now that Siegfried is on the playing field, I'd love to see somebody choose Brynhildr as their Lancer Servant... but I guess that would just make things a tad more difficult on you so maybe not. I would be curious to see how their meeting would play out though.

Actually that would be quite entertaining. What would make that even more interesting is if they were on opposite sides as this is a faction war.

Ouch, yeah that might lead to some suppressed emotions to resurface.
However purely from a superficial perspective the two of them would actually make for a pretty neat power couple, though I doubt that Brynhildr would easily overlook what Siegfried did to her. Then again I'm not too familiar with how /Grand Order interpreted her character so I'd have to read up on her a little on the wiki.

._. I just remember Brynhildr trying to kill Siegfried at some point.

Quite a rocky relationship then.
Anyway, I've probably stayed up for longer than I should have. Until next time ^^

Right, hammering out the setting always takes a little bit of time. Speaking of finding a reason why the Grail decided to summon double the amount of Servants this time around... well in the case of /Apocrypha it was because the Mages Association activated a failsafe installed within the Grail to summon 7 additional Servants since none of the original 7 had any desire to fight each other, so maybe we could recycle this premise in the case that nothing more interesting comes to mind. After all, it would normally seem counterproductive to include more potential enemies into a fight to the death which's reward is presumably the fulfillment of any wish, though I guess that just gives us a chance to come up with something intriguing to justify this cause of action ^o^

In the case of my Character Sheets, is it alright to post the templates I've been using down below? They are very similar to the templates you've already given us, just a little bit modified to make them a bit more comprehensible. I'm aware that I'm being a little stubborn here though, so in the case you don't agree with these templates, I won't mind editing my old Character Sheets at once.

Yes, I suppose we can use that reason if we can't think of anything better. However, that would mean that one of everyone's characters will basically need to be a semi-pasifist. And as for your sheets, yes you can just post what you already have for now. However, if I see anything that is... important that's left out or confusing, then I'll tell you. Not that I'm expecting them to be wrong in some way, just that I'm not entirely sure what template you've been using, you know?

One rendition of the Apocrypha concept I saw in another RP was how the original 7 teamed up to take over the world or something. A little odd if you ask me.

Hmmm, well I guess that was one of the reasons why that failsafe was installed within the Greater Grail to begin with, to prevent the 7 Servants/Masters from cooperating, but I agree that something like world domination seems a little too ambitious ^^
By the way Crow, I looked at your Orochi and thought it was funny that her "Liquor Handling" was at Rank E, but shouldn't the description be more along the lines of "she finds alcohol (especially sake) irresistible" or "is greatly affected by alcohol" instead of her being "capable of handling her liquor to some extent"? I mean, at this point it's just a matter of phrasing so it's nothing really to obsess over, but it was just a little detail that stood out to me after considering her lore. Alcohol is essentially her kryptonite after all, the fatal weakness that lead to her death.
And the way you described Kusanagi makes it seem more of an Anti-Army Noble Phantasm than an Anti-Fortress, seeing as the incident you quote dealt with a man using the wind-manipulation abilities of Kusanagi to decimate an army by using gusts of wind to deflect their fire arrows and direct fanned flames into their direction, as opposed to taking down a fortified structure, or at least displaying abilities equal of such a feat. Then again Kusanagi is an absolute beast in terms of weapon-rank, heck, it's one of the Three Sacred Treasure of Japan so it certainly qualifies for Anti-Fortress Rank without question, the only question would be how. Can it simply conjure winds strong enough to take down a fortified castle, or do you have something else in mind? This is just me asking for clarification. I'm just curious, that's all ^^
Orochi's Mad Enhancement is also curiously low despite you saying that she doesn't have the mental capacity to use her sword's abilities in a tactical manner unless instructed by her Master. If she is already that crippled in terms of rational thinking, you could always rank up her Mad Enhancement a little more to squeeze a little more strength and durability out of her. Not that she needs it, but hey, who would ever turn down free money? Unless of course you have a reason for settling on a Mad Enhancement at D Rank, in which case you can just feel free to ignore me.

Oh sweet, yeah the OOC is looking great!
If I have to be REALLY picky though, there's this little detail that might stand out but is otherwise pretty irrelevant if you're just looking for a casual experience. Either way, it might or might not be a good idea to get it sorted out just in case for aesthetic reasons. What I'm talking about is the failsafe. I apologize in advance if I get some of my facts wrong seeing as it's been a while since I last read /Apocrypha, but I think the failsafe needs to be manually triggered by a mage before it activates, and will most likely remain dormant if left untouched. Then there is the issue of the Lesser Grail itself, which has previously always been provided by the Einzbern. With Illya failing to claim the Grail in the 5th War (depending on which route you are looking at), they are likely to have given up on attaining the Grail altogether and isolated themselves from the world, which begs the question: who will provide the vessel for this Holy Grail War?

Fortunately these two problems might cancel each other out.
The Einzbern are likely to refuse to participate in a Grail War ever again, that much is known. Thankfully it's the Greater Grail that is responsible for the summoning of Servants however, not the Lesser Grail. This means that an Assassin Servant can be summoned prematurely by one of the participants or by the Mages Association and be ordered to infiltrate the Einzbern household and steal an early prototype of the Lesser Grail Vessel. After all, it was only during the 4th and the 5th Holy Grail War that the Grail Vessel was fashioned after a living homunculus, whereas in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd it was simply an inorganic cup. By stealing an early prototype of his Cup we'd once more gain the ability to collect the souls of Servants after their defeat, and behold, the Holy Grail War is up and running again. Once we've come this far, it'd be easy to say that since the cup that was stolen was an early prototype, it didn't have the failsafe installed yet, so it naturally summed 14 Servants to begin with, without the need of manual activation of the system.

So yeah... there's that OR we could just leave things as they were because I'm clearly overthinking this! xD
Your intro works perfectly fine, and in fact, I like the casual air of your description. It's just that bringing up the Red and Black factions triggered Fate PTSD in me ^^
In any case, the OOC Thread is looking good and I can't think of any obvious things you might have missed. Master-Servant Paring comes later anyway, and the creation templates are looking good too. Though most importantly of all, I liked the crossed out Lancer message at the very bottom of the rules! ^o^

My final decision is Yamata no Orochi Berserker and Jack the Ripper Assassin.

Sorry doggo, maybe next time.

Oh sweet, yeah the OOC is looking great!
If I have to be REALLY picky though, there's this little detail that might stand out but is otherwise pretty irrelevant if you're just looking for a casual experience. Either way, it might or might not be a good idea to get it sorted out just in case for aesthetic reasons. What I'm talking about is the failsafe. I apologize in advance if I get some of my facts wrong seeing as it's been a while since I last read /Apocrypha, but I think the failsafe needs to be manually triggered by a mage before it activates, and will most likely remain dormant if left untouched. Then there is the issue of the Lesser Grail itself, which has previously always been provided by the Einzbern. With Illya failing to claim the Grail in the 5th War (depending on which route you are looking at), they are likely to have given up on attaining the Grail altogether and isolated themselves from the world, which begs the question: who will provide the vessel for this Holy Grail War?

Fortunately these two problems might cancel each other out.
The Einzbern are likely to refuse to participate in a Grail War ever again, that much is known. Thankfully it's the Greater Grail that is responsible for the summoning of Servants however, not the Lesser Grail. This means that an Assassin Servant can be summoned prematurely by one of the participants or by the Mages Association and be ordered to infiltrate the Einzbern household and steal an early prototype of the Lesser Grail Vessel. After all, it was only during the 4th and the 5th Holy Grail War that the Grail Vessel was fashioned after a living homunculus, whereas in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd it was simply an inorganic cup. By stealing an early prototype of his Cup we'd once more gain the ability to collect the souls of Servants after their defeat, and behold, the Holy Grail War is up and running again. Once we've come this far, it'd be easy to say that since the cup that was stolen was an early prototype, it didn't have the failsafe installed yet, so it naturally summed 14 Servants to begin with, without the need of manual activation of the system.
Ah, and here's all the logic I am most often missing... Yes, the grail does indeed need to be triggered manually. As for the faction names and overall copyright similarity to Apocrypha, I simply couldn't think of anything. If you've got a better idea for the Faction names, that'd be fine. And about lancer... both Diarmuid and Cu died that way soo... yeah. Also, sorry for getting back to you so late ._.

Wait, where is this taking place?

Servants gain home turf advantage when in their home turf.

Once more, I have failed at proper details! Ehm... not sure, I was thinking it would probably just go on in Fuyuki as always, but I guess that could change if anyone wants.

Once more, I have failed at proper details! Ehm... not sure, I was thinking it would probably just go on in Fuyuki as always, but I guess that could change if anyone wants.

Fuyuki huh?

I'm all for it.

Hahaha, no need to apologize Takashi, that was just me thinking out loud anyway. The Faction Names are fine the way they are to help differentiate between the two groups, and I'm with Crow on the subject of location. Fuyuki is well-known by any fan of the series, so it is the most convenient location to use (as opposed to real locations). It's also just a really cool city ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.