Status
Not open for further replies.
I was planning on the players knowing who each other's servants are, but as always, the characters will have to find out. As for character sheets, I'll either have them posted here whenever they're completed and moved to the OOC once it's up, or you guys can wait until I have it up to post them. It doesn't really matter too much to me, but I'm still in the process of setting up a plot as to why the grail is allowing 14 masters and 14 servants in two groups to compete instead of the usual 7 on 7.

Edit: Actually, since I'll be editing the CS format a bit, it would probably be good to lay out the framework of your CS but not think it's completed just yet.

Right, hammering out the setting always takes a little bit of time. Speaking of finding a reason why the Grail decided to summon double the amount of Servants this time around... well in the case of /Apocrypha it was because the Mages Association activated a failsafe installed within the Grail to summon 7 additional Servants since none of the original 7 had any desire to fight each other, so maybe we could recycle this premise in the case that nothing more interesting comes to mind. After all, it would normally seem counterproductive to include more potential enemies into a fight to the death which's reward is presumably the fulfillment of any wish, though I guess that just gives us a chance to come up with something intriguing to justify this cause of action ^o^

In the case of my Character Sheets, is it alright to post the templates I've been using down below? They are very similar to the templates you've already given us, just a little bit modified to make them a bit more comprehensible. I'm aware that I'm being a little stubborn here though, so in the case you don't agree with these templates, I won't mind editing my old Character Sheets at once.

Yes, I suppose we can use that reason if we can't think of anything better. However, that would mean that one of everyone's characters will basically need to be a semi-pasifist. And as for your sheets, yes you can just post what you already have for now. However, if I see anything that is... important that's left out or confusing, then I'll tell you. Not that I'm expecting them to be wrong in some way, just that I'm not entirely sure what template you've been using, you know?

Edit: Actually, since I'll be editing the CS format a bit, it would probably be good to lay out the framework of your CS but not think it's completed just yet.
Or wait, with "framework" did you mean just the templates I used, or the actual Character Sheets themselves?

Never mind, you just answered my question ^^
But yeah, I don't mind. You have no way of knowing what my Servant would be like, so you are right to be wary. I'm actually glad that you are a bit suspicious as opposed to instantly accepting a Servant without taking a proper look yourself. In any case, My Rider will be yours to judge (though I realize some of the things might be needlessly complicated >.<):

• Name: William Adams (Miura Anjin)
  • Title: Western Samurai
  • Class: Rider​
  • Birth and Death Dates: 1564 - 1620
  • Alignment: Lawful Neutral
  • Height: 192 cm
  • Weight: 88 kg
  • Personality: In his youth Adams was brash and loud-spoken, a habit he acquired early on to make the bad things in his life more bearable. It wasn't as if he lived a particularly painful life, he considers himself quite fortunate in his later years, yet it was originally his father's death that set him on the path of a Sailor to begin with, and a life in the Royal Navy was not one absent of death either. In other words, much like his well-spirited shipmates, Adams refused to dwell too long on the bad things in his life and instead celebrated each moment of joy to it's fullest, causing him to grow up very Sailor-like in his younger years. At the age of 34, Adams was attracted by the Dutch trade with India and left on a journey that would ultimately see him to the far-east Orient.
    In the latter portion of his life, having settled down in Japan, Adams became extremely fond of the nation's culture and was noticeably affected by it. In one of his letters he stated:
    "The people of this Land of Japan are good of nature, curteous above measure, and valiant in war: their justice is severely executed without any partiality upon transgressors of the law. They are governed in great civility. I mean, not a land better governed in the world by civil policy."
    Even fellow British-men who would later come to Japan for the purpose of trade generally though of him as "a naturalized Japaner" due to Adams persisting in giving "admirable and affectionated commendations of Japan". However, it wasn't only others who noticed this change in Adams. He himself found himself having a difficult time establishing relations with English arrivals after spending more than 15 years of his life in Japan, realizing that he initially shunned English sailors who aimed to establish a trading factory for the British East India Company. Despite being a Westerner himself, it seemed his long years under the name of Miura Anjin shaped him more than he himself had realized, his behavioral mannerisms and manner of thought now more that of a Japanese than an Englishman.
    In his free-time Adams is fond of drinking, sake being his drink of choice if available, yet the nostalgic taste of rum would do wonders to raise his spirits. While he carries himself with the formality of a high-ranking Hatamoto in the Shogun's service, he will slowly revert back to his loud-spoken self the more familiar he becomes with his allies. Above all else, he holds a deep-rooted respect for Tokugawa Ieyasu for saving his life and granting him a chance at a new one, and will respond harshly when his name is insulted in his presence.
  • Appearance: Adams is tall and broad-shouldered in stature, his skin prone to tanning and rough to the touch due to it's long exposure to sun and salt on the open sea. His hands are calloused and tough from carpentry and sailing, his muscular body a monument to his rugged strength. His previously rich brown hair has paled into a faded golden grey and has been neatly tied into a pony-tail lest it would hang past his shoulders, and his rough stubble of a beard has also taken to the same color, making it barely noticeable from afar. His eyes are of a bright blue.
    In combat Adams wears his midnight-blue colored Tosei-Gusoku armor, a heavy plated variant of traditional samurai armor that become popular in the advent of firearms, while is casual clothing is composed of the Hakama and Hitatare worn underneath as clothen under-armor.
    Visual Reference: 68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9afd4faMu1rsbisvo1_1280.jpg
  • Biography: Adams started his career as a sailor at the age of 12 when his father's death forced him to become an apprentice to a shipyard owner at Limehouse to prepare for the seafaring life. Spending another 12 full years studying ship-building, astronomy, and navigation, Adams ultimately joined the Royal Navy and served under Sir Francis Drake in the war against Spain. At the age of 34 he shipped as pilot major with a five-ship fleet dispatched from the isle of Texel to the Far East, a voyage that would eventually bring him and just 23 other survivors to the shores of Kyushu, Japan. His crew was met by Japanese locals and Portuguese Jesuits that claimed that Adam and his crew were pirates, insisting on their execution after they were imprisoned at Osaka Castle. However, Adams was questioned by Tokugawa Ieyasu, the daimyō of Edo and future shogun, three times during his imprisonment. Tokugawa was impressed by his knowledge of sailing, shipbuilding, navigation, and their conversation would naturally lead into discussions on foreign politics, religion, etc.
    Tokugawa ultimately denied the Jesuits' request for execution and instead ordered Adams to begin construction on Japan's first ever Western-style naval fleet. Adams would later be entrusted to represent Tokugawa's interests in matters of trade and foreign relations and eventually became the Shogun's personal advisor. Yet despite the high social rank and privileges he enjoyed, he was prohibited by Tokugawa to leave Japan and visit his family that he had left behind in England, and was instead presented with two swords representing the authority of a Samurai. The Shogun decreed that William Adams was dead and that Miura Anjin, a samurai, was born. According to the shogun, this action "freed" Adams to serve the Shogunate permanently while invalidating his previous life, and such, Adams was free to start a new life in the service of Japan. Given the title of Hatamoto (Bannerman), a high-prestige position as a direct retainer in the Shogun's court, Adams became immersed in Japanese culture to the point of becoming fluent in it's language and customs and even starting a new family with a woman by the name of Magome Oyuki, somebody who was neither of noble birth nor of high social standing, implying that it was a marriage conducted not for political reasons but out of love. Adams would still regularly write his old family however. In the following years Adams would become heavily involved in the establishment of factories and trade routes, engaging frequently in various exploratory and commercial ventures, until he finally died on May 1620 at the age of 55. In his will, Adams evenly split his inheritance between his Western and Eastern families.
  • Equipment:
    • Katana and Wakizashi
    • Tanegashima
    • Tanto
    • Tosei-Gusoku
  • Status Parameters:
    • Strength: C
    • Endurance: D
    • Agility: B
    • Mana: E
    • Luck: D
  • Skills
  • Class Skills:
    • Riding (C): Adams owes his Riding Skill mainly to his earlier life as a Sailor and his later training in mounted combat. At this Rank most animals and vehicles can be handled at above average Skill, yet any kind of Phantasmal Beast is impossible to mount. Adams's Riding Skill will increase by two Ranks when aboard any naval vessel due to his Personal Skill "Voyager of the Storm".
  • Personal Skills:
    • Voyager of the Storm (B): Voyager of the Storm represents the competence to commandeer naval vessels and hold the authority as Captain to manage one's crew, a unique Skill which incorporates the effects of Charisma and Military Tactics both. While Adams would normally not classify for such a high Rank with his captaining experience alone, he would later become a Hatamoto (Bannerman) in the service of Tokugawa Ieyasu, and as such, a diplomatic and trade advisor to the Shogun himself before he was later promoted to become his personal advisor on all things related to Western powers and civilization. Therefore, in addition to the basic effects of this Personal Skill, Adams also benefits of Charisma of Rank C and Military Tactics of Rank E. Outside of battle his Charisma allows him to appear trustworthy to those he has not yet met, aiding him in gaining the favor of others so long as he has a chance to justify himself and prove his worth much like when he defended himself against the false claims of the Portuguese Jesuits that attempted to convince the Shogun to execute Adams on grounds of being a pirate. In battle, his Charisma acts as a morale boost to enhance his allies' determination, as was crucial for sailors who would need to weather storms on the open sea. On the other hand, due to his low Rank in Military Tactics, while Adams understands the basics of troop deployment and war-tactics, he is unable to efficiently command troops nor use complicated maneuvers.
    • Product of Two Worlds (A): Adams served two nations, nurtured two families, and lived under two names. Though born and raised in England he would live out the remainder of his days in Japan, serving as a link and ambassador between the East and the West. This Skill allows him to mirror knowledge and abilities to reflect their respective counterparts, endowing him with the knowledge of Eastern craftsmanship due to his deep understanding of Western ship-building, and familiarizing him with the Western decorum of the upper-class due to his influential status in Japanese high society. So long as he has knowledge of a subject on either side, this Skill allows him to mirror that level of understanding to it's closest Western/Eastern counterpart.
    • Burden of a Legacy (D): Despite being a Samurai, Adams never had a chance to put the his Skills to the test due to never being deployed in a war-zone as a Samurai, instead focusing more on establishing trade routes for Japan. However, in a world were Samurai of Western descent are extremely rare, Adams was the very first Westerner to ever obtain the title, and as such, this accomplishment endows him with a slight boost to his martial prowess. Adams was trained in Eastern swords- and bowman-ship when he accepted the title of Samurai begin with, so this Skill simply ingrains these Skills into his body to bridge the gap of his lacking experience and allow him to use these Skills effectively in battle. To clarify, this Skill does not channel the Skills of Samurai of old through him, it simply grants Adams a familiarity with his learnt knowledge that he would otherwise not have due to never practicing them in live battle.
  • Noble Phantasm
    • Name: San Buena Ventura: Marvel of Western Craftsmanship
    • Type: Anti-Unit
    • Range: 1
    • Maximum Number of Targets: 1
    • Description: The San Buena Ventura was the first 120-ton Western-style ship ever to be built in Japan. Adams oversaw the project and Tokugawa Ieyasu himself "came aboard to see it, and the sight whereof gave him great content". It was this construction that first prompted Tokugawa to invite Adams to visit his palace whenever he liked, an invitation that would ultimately lead to Adams becoming his personal advisor. This Noble Phantasm is a manifestation of Adams' craftsmanship as a man who learned shipbuilding for 12 years, one which allows him to re-create the project which laid the foundations of his relationship with the reigning Shogun. If provided with the sufficient amount of materials, Adams is able to complete the building process after 2 full days of work, granting him access to his mount. The vessel is naturally restricted to the sea, but is otherwise fully operational and effective against Servants when used offensively. However the Noble Phantasm "San Buena Ventura: Marvel of Western Craftsmanship" is ultimately one of the Construction-Type, the assembly of his mount being just one aspect of it. So long as Adams has knowledge of the item he wishes to craft, this Noble Phantasm aids him by accelerating the crafting process similar to how the construction time of his ship is greatly sped-up, yet he must always possess the required materials before being able to start construction. In other words, it is an enhanced form of the Caster Class' Item Construction which allows him to build his own mount and weaponry, as well as maintain and repair his current equipment without having to resort to restoring it via mana expenditure. Naturally this requires time and materials, so repairing damaged equipment still costs mana equivalent to the suffered damage under normal circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:
By that, I meant that it'd be good to start off your CSs, but don't try to complete it yet. Meaning, there will be changes needed as the templates themselves will be edited. Basically, if you do submit them with these templates, then don't expect immediate approval.

Alright, I'll read this. It generally takes longer to evaluate originals than existing ones though, so I may take a bit.

Got it, thanks for the clarification. And please take your time with reading, there's no rush.

Hmm... well, this is mostly fine actually. Please specify his relic (summoning catalyst) and wish as well. And for his noble phantasm, I'm assuming that as long as he has the materials, it'll take 2 days to construct his vessel and from that point on, he may use it whenever he likes, provided he is near a large body of water?

Yup, that is pretty much it in regards to his "mount" so to speak. His relic... well it could be anything really. His swords were given to his son after his death so they must be relatively easy to find, while his remains were also recorded to have been buried in Hirado, Nagasaki. I'd reckon either of those would make for a sufficient relic, though preserved fragments of the San Buena Ventura would do splendidly as well, though these might be a little harder to find.
As for his wish, I'd reckon that he would regret not having been able to serve his lord in the Battle of Sekigahara. Adams owes Tokugawa his life after all and regards him with the deepest respect, yet he was unable to serve him in the War he waged against Ishida Mitsunari due to his late arrival to Japan and the fact that he wasn't properly trained as a Samurai yet. Sure, he was integral in establishing foreign trade and acting as an ambassador and interpreter in the service of the Japanese Shogunate, but the fact remains that he was a Samurai in name only and was never able to fight for his lord on the battlefield. It's a selfish wish of course, but in a sense it is a testament to how fulfilled his life was when he died. He died a happy man, so this gnawing regret was the only regret he was left with.
In short: his wish would be to return to the Battle of Sekigahara and fight on the side of Tokugawa's forces, and who knows, maybe prevent the death of some of his generals.

Right then. Multiple choices for relics, I see. And his wish is well... a wish doesn't necessarily have to be "approved", it's just whatever they want most. I personally don't see any further issues here, very well thought out.

Edit: almost forgot, could you include those bits into the CS? For reference, so that whoever has the character that ends up as his master will be able to see it without digging too much.

Now you're just making me blush ^o^
But yeah, thanks for looking over my Servant this quickly! I guess that leaves the other Servants and the Setting to work on. Oh! Speaking of which, each member will be playing both a Master and a Servant, right? Though the pairing process will be randomized from what I read, which seems nice.
I wouldn't want to hit you with a Master submission right after you had to chew your way through that Servant of mine, so should I wait a little for the others to submit theirs?

I'll be honest, I just love to read on anything that even remotely has to do with this kind of stuff ._.
Seeing as the others don't have theirs in yet, and I don't either, I'd be happy to read through yours. And yes, each person will have at least one master and one servant, though if we don't have enough people I'll probably ask that at least some of us make more than that if we can manage it.

Uff, well it's not like I have a shortage of characters since character creation is a little hobby of mine, but it might get a bit hard to juggle too many characters at once. Welp, we'll cross that bridge when we get there I guess. As for my Master Character, since you didn't say no, I'll be so brash as to post her down below! ^o^

• Name: Watanabe Mitsuki
  • Height: 133 cm
  • Weight: 39 kg
  • Birthday: April 15th
  • Nationality: Japanese
  • Personality: Much like how a sheath is incomplete without it's respective weapon, Mitsuki actively seeks out people she can be with and devote herself to. She feels inherently lonesome and distraught if she is left by herself, though this doesn't mean that she is utterly dependent on whomever she has chosen as her partner. She simply feels the urge to "be with somebody" and is perfectly capable of acting independently on her own. For better or for worse, her personality is drastically shaped by the active nature of her Origin.
    If not begrudgingly, Mitsuki accepts this aspect of herself and has long since stopped fighting this urge, realizing that this is a part of herself that she has no control over. Raised as both an apprentice and a daughter by her adoptive parent, she is a little more mature than other girls her age as she has been lectured on the risks of modern thaumaturgy and it's associated society. That being said, she is only a child in the end and acts the part, being quick to follow her childish whims and retaining a sort of stubbornness common with children of younger age. Though she will not outwardly show it, Mitsuki craves praise, or rather recognition for her actions whenever she is around her bonded partner for no other reason but to affirm the relationship between the two of them, provided she holds her partner dear. She can be seen as rather spoiled in that regard.
  • Appearance: Mitsuki's heavy-stranded hair is styled in a black asymmetrical bob cut that she maintains herself, her eyes a gradient of brown in the center that disperses into a mild blue due to her central heterochromia. Her stature is on the petite side, and though her adoptive mother made sure to keep her body in a healthy condition to maximize the efficiency of her body's natural mana production, she has little muscle and is unable to perform athletic feats without tiring herself out quickly. She has relatively bad eyesight, and while she owns contact lenses, she prefers the convenience of glasses.
    Her usual style of dress consists of thick tights that are either un-patterned or of dark color worn underneath short shorts, with thin hoodies layered under slightly oversized jackets in winter, and summer dresses in summer. No matter the season, Mitsuki will keep wearing tights and shorts on any day to prepare for the eventual need of traveling by broom, her lack of skirts and dresses in her wardrobe precisely due to the view offered to the passers-by below her when her broom carries her across the sky. Naturally Mitsuki is not opposed to wearing other clothes should the weather call for it. This is simply her preferred style of dress. She usually doesn't use any accessories for fashion, but when studying, Mitsuki uses hair-clips to keep her bangs from falling into her view. While they don't particularly bother her, this act is more of a habit to put her in the mood.
    • The following Visual Reference is only meant to serve as a general depiction of her appearance and is not fully accurate.
      Visual Reference: s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/9a/00/a3/9a00a3289c2915a247e4aae7c20b4859.jpg
  • Objective for the Grail: None so far. If anything, it would be to return to her mother alive.
  • Biography: Mitsuki was taken in by the Mages Association after her father, a magus who experimented with the alteration of people's origins and it's effects on the magical capabilities of the subject, was hunted down and killed by Enforcers. His research was still in it's early stages, so his infant daughter was spared the fate of an experimental subject, yet she was nonetheless born with an awakened Origin; her Origin being that of "Sheath". Amongst the group of enforcers that were dispatched to deal with the Dead Apostles spawned as a result of Mitsuki's father's research was a woman by the name of Amber, a magi that acted as a professor of Witchcraft at the Clocktower. She realized the circumstances of Mitsuki's birth and brought her back with her to raise her as a daughter/apprentice and observe the manifestation of her Origin over time. Amber raised Mitsuki by herself while balancing her role as a mother and mentor respectively. As is common with Magi children, Mitsuki was subjected to thaumaturgical training from a young age, though the awakened effects of her Origin prevented her from learning most basic spells, or at least master them to a usable degree. This learning block was especially noticeable in combat oriented spells, while restoration spells and supportive enchantments were less affected. Amber ultimately failed to draw out Mitsuki's Origin as a usable power, though she kept her daughter/apprentice around so that she might assist her in her own research. That, and she had naturally become fond of her adopted child.
    A mysterious set of Command Seals one day appeared on the back of Mitsuki's hand, marking her as a participant of a Holy Grail War.
  • Family History: Not much is known aside from the fact that her father researched the Origins of people in regards to the physical and spiritual manners in which they would manifest in magi and non-magi with the goal of artificially enhancing one's magical potential. While this research of people's Origins might have initially been an attempt to reach the Root, it soon devolved into a more selfish cause.
  • Equipment:
    • Enchanted broom fashioned out of dark oak (given to her by her mother)
    • Herbalism and Alchemy Kits
  • Origin: Sheath
  • Elemental Affinity: None
  • Magic Crest: None
  • Magecraft:
    • Basic Enchantment and Healing Magic
    • Touko Travel
    • Origin: Sheath
      • Passive: As a consequence of her awakened Origin, her body holds an unfathomable capacity for magical energy as "one who is meant to store things". While her body itself is inefficient in producing high quantities of magical energy enough to even fill a fraction of her capacity, she still holds the potential to store inhuman amounts of mana regardless.
      • Active: A sheath is the haven in which a weapon is stored after it's use in combat, a protective mechanism used to shield it from wear and tear and keep it's condition from deteriorating. If the sword is a weapon used in the heat of battle, then the sheath is the resting place one always aspires to return to. With her Origin awakened, coloring her mana in it's color, Mitsuki is able to endow those that have come in contact with her magical energy with the boon of recuperation, much like a weapon stored to allow it rest. Those under it's effects enjoy slightly accelerated healing and a permanent lack of fatigue so long as they continuously absorb Mitsuki's mana. In essence, ingesting her mana endows one with a boost to one's vitality. Aside from Servants and familiars, Magi can benefit from this effect by absorbing Mitsuki's Mana as well.
      • Special: As a sheath, she has no concrete shape nor form, no type of object she is limited to contain. Mitsuki was "empty" from birth, a consequence of her Origin which prevented her from learning even the most basic of spells. As a sheath she is inherently incomplete without a weapon to fill her, and such is the basis of her inherent Magecraft. Though she has no predetermined "form" as a sheath, Mitsuki shapes herself around the "weapon" that she is currently in contact with, be that a person or a physical armament. In the case of another magi for example, she would first need to absorb some of her partner's magical energy before her Origin would activate, with the result of Mitsuki gaining an increasingly high affinity for her partner's thaumaturgy to the point that she gains the ability to learn it in a matter of days as opposed decades. Her use of a broom and medicinal herbs was likewise due to her upbringing under a mage that specialized in Witchcraft, her mother Amber. In the case of a physical weapon, such as a sword, Mitsuki would gain insight in the skills and abilities that come with it, theoretically gaining the finesse of somebody who had mastered said weapon if she had the required physical strength and dexterity to perform these actions, which she does not. Her body is still young and underdeveloped, and as such she lacks the physical capabilities to replicate the movements she learns via her Origin, leaving her with merely the knowledge but no way of translating it into action. It is possible that this might change in the future if Mitsuki were to hone her Magecraft and allow it to further seep into her body, but as of now this is the limit of her Origin's use. It is important to note that this ability is the true manifestation of her Origin, yet neither herself nor her mother are aware that she possesses this ability.

I find it funny that she actually has a magic broom. I'll admit that for one, I have no real idea what "Touko Travel" is and two, how origins work. As far as I can tell, it's like a set of inner magic ability of a certain ehm... theme that is unique to each mage? God I hope that made even the least bit of sense. Her "sheath" attributes at least make plenty of sense to me, so there's that... Let's see... I find that I'm often quite lax when it comes to CSs, as I can never seem to find too many issues with any given one. Anyway, I think that if you could enlighten me on those bits then I can go ahead and say that it's good for now. And yes, I did check the Wiki ._.

Oh right, no problem.
Touko Travel is... well it's more or less just a method of travel developed by a character by the name of Aozaki Touko, somebody who is more relevant in other Type-Moon works, namely Kara no Kyoukai and Mahou Tsukai no Yoru. If I have to be completely honest with you, the entire character of Mitsuki was basically just an excuse to give the joke that is Touko Travel some time in the spotlight because I grew fond of it somehow, even though I think it was only ever a comment made by somebody in passing xD
Anyway. In all seriousness, there are three methods to travel by broom. One is the Jet Method, which is pretty self-explanatory, then there is the Ether-Sail Method which is basically just a glorified gliding ability, and the last is Touko Travel, which works by placing a Magical Anchor and pulling yourself towards it. That's basically it. There's nothing more to it than that, but I guess this is just another example of a trivial idea entertaining me to the extent of creating a character based around it... so yeah... take that as you wish ^^

In any case, then there is the issue of Origins. Phew, where to begin...
You were pretty spot on with your own definition, but there's a little more to it than that which might be harder to grasp if you haven't watched the movie series Kara no Kyoukai that is set in the same universe as Fate. I guess Fate/Stay Night also deals with Origins to an extent, but even then, it is built on the understanding that was introduced in Kara no Kyoukai. Anyway. I'll try my best to summarize the key points.
An Origin is defined by the Mages Association to be a "Compulsory Driving Force from within the 'Root' that has managed to escape and take on Material Form". While a Person's Origin can remain dormant for the majority of his life, once awakened, it is impossible to go against one's Origin. Rather than being forcefully subjected to the will of one's origin, one's own thought process and instincts will naturally incline to follow one's Origin similar to how one would simply act on his Ideals and Beliefs. In terms of Thaumaturgy, while a Magus' Elemental Affinity is useful for determining one's general alignment, the knowledge one's Origin grants one unhindered insight on his opponent's nature, behavior, ideals, and even his abilities to an extent. While rare, there are cases were a Magi's Origin is expressed to an unnatural degree, replacing his Elemental Affinity altogether and limiting him to Thaumaturgical Processes that align with his Origin. While this severely restricts one's ability to invoke conventional magic, Mages with such qualities usually tend to specialize on a singular field of Magecraft to a masterful degree, and often surpass the capabilities of conventional Magi in their selected fields. A perfect example of such a case would be none other than Emiya Shirou, whose Origin of "Sword" has manifested to such a degree that his mental landscape has become an endless expanse of swords which he can summon via a Reality Marble, giving shape to his ultimate ability "Unlimited Blade Works".
Think of an Origin as the core of someone's being. If you were to take a person and reduce them to their bare essentials, to the raw impulse that drives their actions, that is when you'd discern their Origin. Unfortunately it is a very abstract concept, but I hope this helped. I'm pretty bad at explaining things though, so please feel free to point out when I'm just talking nonsense! I let myself go at times and don't realize that I'm just talking gibberish.

._. Well, that helped a lot. I still don't entirely get it, but it makes more sense now. Anyway, I think that Mitsuki should be fine for now.

Sorry for not being able to explain it better T.T
But sweet, thanks for looking her over. Obviously I'd still be willing to make some changes if some of the other members don't agree with some things, but I'm glad to have the first step taken care of. Speaking of which, I don't know if you have mentioned it already or not, but have you settled on a Class for yourself already? ^^

Ah yes, I have mentioned it, though it was before you joined. My first servant I will be bringing in is none other than the Saber of Black from apocrypha, Siegfried.

Uff, introducing a Servant form the big league right of the bat, eh?
Jokes aside though, it'd be awesome to see Siegfried finally get some well-deserved screen-time after what happened in /Apocrypha, not to mention the fact that he's also just a nice guy to throw into the fray. Either way you have most of the rougher details worked out for you already seeing as his Character Sheet must be floating about out there somewhere. It helps to have the basic character and skill-set worked out already so that you can focus on adjusting some of the minor things you want to tweak to make him your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.