X

Status
Not open for further replies.
And hey, I'm still here as a backup! Don't forget about me!
I have a question for you, well sortof, it's in the form of a statement, but still a question. I'm having troubles with magic skills for my Master. Her affinity is Ice, but I'm somewhat uncertain how magic exactly works.

I have a question for you, well sortof, it's in the form of a statement, but still a question. I'm having troubles with magic skills for my Master. Her affinity is Ice, but I'm somewhat uncertain how magic exactly works.
Okay, so magecraft itself is something I've always had trouble completely understanding in the Type Moon verse. From what I know it's covered extensively outside of Fate and Kara no Kyoukai, and due to that being where most of my experience lies what I know is limited.

For the most part though, it is very complicated and simple at the same time. Me explaining things may confuse things even more so may I suggest checking out this and this link for explanations and example. However, what you need to know is that for the most part, as long as what you are doing doesn't create something from absolutely nothing (ie magical energy) and can exist or already exists (ie your ice) you should be good to get creative. Sorry for the lack of my usual help here. Type moon is super in depth with everything so it's hard to grasp it all without first hand knowledge, haha.

-raises hand-

So looking through people's backstories. They all seem to be coming from some magical family backstory. Is there a possibility that someone "average" could summon a servant? Kind of like a, I found this funny book at the library, something about a grant wishing battle, and the spell to summon a servant. Let me do that spell just for the absolute lolz, because I know it won't work. But then it works. And you're now with this thing. Involved in a thing you thought was entirely fake.

Okay, so magecraft itself is something I've always had trouble completely understanding in the Type Moon verse. From what I know it's covered extensively outside of Fate and Kara no Kyoukai, and due to that being where most of my experience lies what I know is limited.

For the most part though, it is very complicated and simple at the same time. Me explaining things may confuse things even more so may I suggest checking out this and this link for explanations and example. However, what you need to know is that for the most part, as long as what you are doing doesn't create something from absolutely nothing (ie magical energy) and can exist or already exists (ie your ice) you should be good to get creative. Sorry for the lack of my usual help here. Type moon is super in depth with everything so it's hard to grasp it all without first hand knowledge, haha.
Thank you! That helps bunches actually :3

Reactions: cojemo
-raises hand-

So looking through people's backstories. They all seem to be coming from some magical family backstory. Is there a possibility that someone "average" could summon a servant? Kind of like a, I found this funny book at the library, something about a grant wishing battle, and the spell to summon a servant. Let me do that spell just for the absolute lolz, because I know it won't work. But then it works. And you're now with this thing. Involved in a thing you thought was entirely fake.

Yep, that happened in Fate/Zero.

Well my original idea was kind of too dumb. So I am going to come up with a better one. I know I am asking a lot of questions right now. But I honestly thought my first Master idea was dumb. But I have a better idea.

-raises hand-

This is technically correct. However, what wasn't mentioned in the anime but was in the LN is that Ryuunosuke was a descendant from a magical family from long ago so had some magic in him, and the family he sacrificed had some magic as well. It was a huge coincidence that worked out, so you'd just need to remember that. You're not using that idea anymore, but there ya go.

I have finished, and posted, my servant and master. ^.^

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: cojemo and Jessica
This is technically correct. However, what wasn't mentioned in the anime but was in the LN is that Ryuunosuke was a descendant from a magical family from long ago so had some magic in him, and the family he sacrificed had some magic as well. It was a huge coincidence that worked out, so you'd just need to remember that. You're not using that idea anymore, but there ya go.

I may use the former magical family idea. But I need better motivations than the one I created in my original Master. I am even considering maybe someone from a magical family never meant to be used. If that makes sense. Like they were going to use X family member for the summoning. X family member suddenly dies. And they say, fine they'll use him.

I may use the former magical family idea. But I need better motivations than the one I created in my original Master. I am even considering maybe someone from a magical family never meant to be used. If that makes sense. Like they were going to use X family member for the summoning. X family member suddenly dies. And they say, fine they'll use him.

Sounds good!

Well, it looks like the decision is final. Your characters will be randomly paired with others.

-Quickly makes adjustments to sheet-

Looking through all of the servants and masters i find it amusing how I'm already trying to see how my Hou Yi would fight everyone, also I love everyone's work very well done. I look forward to rp'ing with everyone. One last thing since Hou Yi manifests his bow and quiver with arrows, would i need to put him down as mage craft in the reinforcement tree of magic skills?

• Love
Reactions: Teiso
Looking through all of the servants and masters i find it amusing how I'm already trying to see how my Hou Yi would fight everyone, also I love everyone's work very well done. I look forward to rp'ing with everyone. One last thing since Hou Yi manifests his bow and quiver with arrows, would i need to put him down as mage craft in the reinforcement tree of magic skills?
I would be wondering how Red would fight everyone...but ya know....she doesn't care about her tactics, or her enemies, and just charges in with the intent to shred em x3

I would be wondering how Red would fight everyone...but ya know....she doesn't care about her tactics, or her enemies, and just charges in with the intent to shred em x3

Lol, Hou Yi is more noble and more only here because he was summoned and wishes for his wife to return from being the moon. That's all he cares for, he is kind until you prove that you are standing in his way from reuniting with his wife.

So my new master is Aloise Sheridan Nightcage. And yes he is as fancy as his name implies him to be.

Oh, something fun I forgot to add. If you want you can also add what your Master/Servant would wish for if they won the Holy Grail. A bit of a character building thing, but still fun to read.

Now im off to edit my posts a bit lol even though Hou Yi's was already told

Status
Not open for further replies.