Fate of Fantasy +The World of Norindul+

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Night Shared
Written by @Wolfsin and @Sinopa

The glaring sun bore down over the last of the mountains that surroundeed them. The Dragon tooth wastelands were a place where life tried its hardest to survive, otherwise is died out with the sun come nightfall. Kanari and the others had been directed into the large war camp and each of them was taken to their own tent. Though not with ease.

The Culture of the Dusk Elves was nothing like they'd ever seen before. When Azarn would approach the tent of one, the owner would jump up to the challenge. A blade would get thrusted at the young Prince, and then Azarn would disarm the man, and make it apparent that he could easily break his arm. This happened a few times, and after each show of power, the owner of the tent collected their bolongings and moved to a different palce to rest their head. "Life is a trial, one does not live freely, they must fight for what is theres." He spoke to Kanari, having left the others to their own tents. Kalen still followed. "Your Lion is not fond of me." He stated smugly. Kalen only growled in response.

The night was settling in, and with it a dreadful chill. Before long they arrived at a much larger tent than those they'd already visited. Azarn gestured for kanari to go in. "This will be your Quarters Burning Rose."

Kanari watched quietly as Azarn fought, she was almost horrified at the gesture, they fought among themselves? She shook her head as she looked over at Kalen, she could understand his mistrust as she herself still didn't trust the prince, though she still didn't want to anger him so she frowned at the lion then stepped into the large tent.

She looked around, wondering why it was bigger than the others. Her gaze went back to the man. "Thank you… um for everything."

Azarn tilted his head as if questioning her. The room was extravagent, decorated with what appeared to be deep purple flowers that scattered over the ground. The bed looked like it was made from furs and hide, and torches lit the area around them. A table with a map of Norindul sat in a corner. Over all it reminded you of a General's tent.

Azarn didn't wait for her to make herself at home, perhaps she hadn't realized yet. With his back to her he unclipped his bracers, then his belt. Soon came the other augmentations of metal, and then the crimson colored warriors skirt, until he stood entirely naked behind her. then he moved and threw himself into the bed, only partially covering himself while he lay there toying with a pretty stone in between his fingers. He responded. "There is no need for thanks here. A gift is just that, we do not expect anything in return."

At first Kanari was confused, but when she realized she quickly covered her eyes and turned around.
"What are you doing!!!" She yelled completely shocked at his actions. When she heard him lay on the bed she slowly turned uncovering one eye. She was relieved to see that he was covered up at least a little but she made it a point to not look at him.
"Um why… I…" She couldn't seem to speak, she was only 10 after all; she wasn't exactly used to being in the same room with a naked man. She turned and sat on a pile of fur on the other side of the room, then the map caught her eye and she stood right back up and walked over to it. She brushed her finger over it until she found her current location. Her eyes glinted with curiosity as she looked over the areas nearby.

"What am I doing?" Azarn looked almost appalled that she even asked that. had she not seen another in the nude before? It was fair though, considering his lack for experience as well. he'd seen the body of a woman before, but besides that he remained virgin. "I sleep in the nude, does this disturb you?" He watched her move to the map, and then with a sigh, he slipped out of bed from behind her, and wrapped himself in a silk cloth. he tied it off and then moved to her side before placing his index finger over a part of the world. "It is strange. Of all the places are people could be, we are here surrounded within a wall of Mountains, separated by the chasm of lost souls. We don't have trees or snow, or cave systems, just a blank slate hidden from the world... When you think of it from a certain point of view, it is romantic though." He slid past her and took a seat on one of the chairs near the table. "I am sorry to have disturbed you, I guess it could maybe come as a surprise to you, that this is the first time a woman has ever set foot in this tent."

She listened and saw that he was right, it was odd, but she could see how it could be romantic, in a way. She tilted her head as she turned towards him.

"But you're a prince aren't you? I thought royalty could get women with the snap of a finger." She was confused, though she didn't see any women outside surely this couldn't be all of the dusk elves, could it?

"This is just a military base separate from the others, right? Maybe you guys don't let females fight, like some male dominated race where girls are just there for breeding and cleaning." She questioned, trying to put together the pieces.

Azarn interjected. 'This is our home, our kingdom. This tent is mine, and lastly, what you have seen of us is exactly as it is." He peered over at her and smirked. "You honestly don't understand how special you are do you? There have not been females in this land, since My mother. We are an entirely male race of people now, and until you showed up; we thought that was all there was to it." He paused and leaned back in his seat. "I am a Prince, but for me to take a woman whom is not our own? Doing so will mean the end of our race at its prime... we are far too stubborn a people to allow ourselves to become a cross breed with other Races."

She sat down across from him, a look of disbelief on her face as she looked down at the table. "I'm the only female dusk elf alive?" she whispered. It explained why he was acting weird when they met, it explained why he was being so nice to her… Her gaze traveled back up with wide eyes.

"I'm the only female dusk elf alive!" She repeated, horrified at the words.
"T-t-that means… N-no." She looked away, refusing to accept it. She knew what was going to happen. She was not stupid, she knew it was instinct to reproduce, these men have not seen a woman for a while… She looked at the entrance of the tent, fearing what lied beyond; her mind immediately came up with the worst case scenario.

Azarn cut into her thoughts with an aggravated point to his words. "I am not about to do anything you don't want me to do! Take that from your head." He eyed her from across the table. "You are a guest here, My guest personally and we do not often take guests. No one will harm you, not unless you want them to. I give you my word on this as Prince of this land." He couldn't deny a part of him raged when he beheld her, but he was not some animal, even if he chose to live like one.

Her gaze snapped back at him with he spoke, his words made her relax a little though she was still a bit skittish. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, I've just had some bad experiences in the past." She said thinking of her mother, her mother's 'friends', and her kidnappers, they all made her cautious, causing her to only really trust Griffin. She furrowed her brow at the thought of him. "Other than your father do you have any family?" She asked curiously.

"Experiences can be enough to scar you for a long time, I understand. Everyone has things that get to them." Azarn despite his nature was actually quite kind. A warrior, but he had a big heart and only raised his blade either made of metal, or words when someone deserved it. "I have only my Father and I. Others might consider themselves my brethren, but from blood it is only us. I had two brothers before, but they did not make it. It was a cursed and blessed fate all the same that I never had a sister, for I am not unsure My father would have been above our relations." He scowled to himself before looking back up. "You have family though I can only guess, perhaps another of our kind?"

She watched him, her expression soften as he explained. She wondered what happened to his brothers but she wasn't sure if she could bring it up, she didn't know how he would react or if it brought up horrible memories. After a moment she decided she would answer his question.

"Well I have a brother, though I'm not quite sure if he is 'of our kind'." She let out half a laugh as she scratched her shoulder. "It's extremely complicated. He's very protective over me, and gets into fights all the time, which always worried me. He did his best to make sure I was happy…" Her eyes felt heavy, she was sure she would never see him again; he was probably at home yelling at mom, beating the crap out of someone, or hanging out with Sera. She missed him, but she couldn't do anything about it.

Kana shook her head and chuckled. "I think that if he were here, you two would get along."

Azarn smirked a bit, to know she had a brother made him feel better. Living in norindul as a single of their kind meant a great deal of trouble. "I am sure he is someone that enjoys a good duel then. Perhaps one day I might test him." He looked confident in his Mettle, in ways he might of looked like Griffin. "I expect a great deal of warriors will come to me tomorrow to challenge me for the right to bed you..." He looked to her when he said, it but quickly started again so that she understood. "Just as you got the wrong idea of me right away, so will the others of my clan. They will come and challenge, me just as I challenged those men for their homes. They will all lose something precious to them tomorrow for being so foolish." His hand worked to play in the pink locks of her hair. "After all.. as I said I will not do anything you don't want me to, but my hopes are that before you grow tired of me, you want me to." He winked and then moved to the bed resting in his own corner as he messed with the stone again.

She smiled at the thought of him and Griffin sparring, she definitely wanted to watch that. However, her smile faded at the mention of warriors fighting for her virginity, she could only hope that he'd win and keep his word about getting her permission before he tried anything.
When he left the table, her eyes cautiously followed. If he thought that a few smooth words would make Kana give herself to him he had another thing coming. She stood up, walked over the bed and laid down as far from him as she could. For a while she warily kept her eyes on him, her stare switching between him and the stone, but soon she let out a yawn. She tried to fight it, but her heavy eyes slowly closed until she was out like a light.

Azarn watched her from the corner of his eye a little longer. He hadn't lied once to her, and didn't intend to break that trust now. To know that a woman of their race still existed, gave him hope, more than he was willing to admit. The next day would be a long one, he knew that but no matter what he wouldn't let anyone else touch her. He'd already decided that. Staring at the stone in his hand a little longer he finally set it on an end table and let himself fall into a corpse like sleep. He was constantly aware, but at least this way he would get some rest. He whispered.

"May the Sky watch you, and the burning plains keep you, Kanari"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sinopa
Valur listened intently at first, hoping to get more than their initial descriptions but the sword measuring contest it quickly devolved into had him rolling his eyes, completely unimpressed. Such accomplishments meant little to a dragon. That said, from what information had been shared, he couldn't deny that all three of them served their purposes, purposes that were all in line with what he wanted in his life.

"Yes, I think it's about time for some silence," he agreed, nodding to Julia.

Already, force energies were gathering in his hand as he raised it up over his head and brought it crashing down. He halted it at eye level between the two arguing men, the energies already having coalesced into a very large, very thick zweihander that could only have been wielded by someone of immense strength were it made of steel or, gods forbid, iron.

"Now that I have your attention," he said after a few seconds and letting the blade drop to the ground. "I'll give you my verdict. As I said before, I am a mercenary, not by desire but by my growth and by necessity. My nature is that of a wanderer and therefore, I will rarely be around Kalt in my future years. That said, from the sounds of things, all three of you have far-reaching operations and I will no doubt find myself alongside you in the future. So I ask this: why can't I be an agent of all three and you call me as you need me?"

GM Post
Kalt
@Yaoi Master Gavin

Julia's cackle rang throughout the alley, and the two men also looked at the dragon with amusement in their eyes.

"That wouldn't work one bit. Didn't ya see how quick those two morons were t'fight? Sharing ain't in our dictionary. You'd 'ave better luck taking ale from a parched dwarf." The woman said as she wiped a tear from her eye due to laughing. "That bein said, obviously that ain't an option, but if yer havin trouble decidin you could just go to the festival later today. All the guilds will be trudging through Kalt, showin off and shite, you could see which piques yer interest there." She explained.

"Why do that when we can just fight right here and now? Whoever wins backs away from the kid." Orrian proposed.

"Don't be an idiot, you should just step down right now." Belanor retorted.

"Both of you shut yer traps! For one, ya both wouldn't stand a chance against me, and two it's not yer decision t'make!" She turned towards Valur. "S'waddu ya say? The fest is gonna be fun, definitely worth yer time."

((A Lovely Collab Between Doomy and Wolfy))

Tirian and Zeiry

~Bar Brawl~

Tirian moved to the side just in time as yet another giant fell to his left. The drink hed consumed had already taken its toll, so it was surprising that he would have any reaction timing at all. Still Tirian searched the crowd of giants and dwarves to find Zeiry and her party. Hal, and Marius had already moved to her side, so he took confort in that fact at least and instead focussed on basic survival. it wasn't his greatest wish to be trampled by drunken beligerant giants after all.

The drinking had quickly taken effect of Zeiry, who stood watching the tossle with an amused expression. Hal and Marius were quick to move to her side, but she continued to watch, even allowing Hal to pull her to the side as a Dwarf fell to her left, until the pull became uncomfortable and she jerked away, her words slurring as she released a sling of curses. "Watch How'ur grabbin' me, ya shit-kicker!" Hal was just as taken aback as Marius seemed to be, stepping away and releasing her without as much as a fuss. Marius, on the other hand, reacted in a much less...mature manner. "Pah! Do ya' hear yurself, Phoenix? You sound stupid." He laughed then, but Zeiry's reaction was less then forgiving as she raised her mug and chucked it at him. Marius ducked, of course, and the mug struck a nearby Dwarf in the back of the head.

"Da'fuk was that, eh!?" The Dwarf turned on Marius and struck him upside the skull with a nearby chair. Marius wobbled and fell against a nearby table, only to grab a chair himself and chuck it. "Ya' want a fight, friend!? Bring it!" In an instant he was lost in the crowd.

"Zeiry! You good?" he tried to shout against the hussle of the tavern. It was slow work, but Tirian made his way there stepping between giant and dwarf alike. he was doing fine, until.. Crack!.. he turned and found the metal guantlet of a dwarf cross his nose perfectly centered. Within a gap in between people Zeiry would be easily able to tell that Tirian fell over. Zeiry turned to see Tirian fall over, and in an instant bursted into laughter, her cheeks reddening from pure delight. "Ha! Ya gonna let one strike to the nose get you down, mate?"

The world was spinning and Tirian did his best to collect himself from his fall. he could easily hear the taunt from his compatriot,and couldn't help but smirk. she was right though. "Alright alright, fuck it then!" he shouted as he kipped himself up onto his feet and dodged an incoming mug of ale. Tirian spun and caught the nearest dinner plate and turned and flung it back at whomever had thrown the last projectile, hitting them right in the throat they fell off their feet. "Yeah right, as if I am just gonna take a blow like that and stay down!" He caught sight of Zeiry in the distance and took off towards her at a dash.

It took some effort to dodge an incoming swing by one of the giants, but he slid under the attack with a lithe grace. The bards were really getting into it now, which only hyped him up. Music had always done that for him. A table stood between him and Zeiry and with an almost swan like dive he caught the table and launched himself over it. In ways he looked like a monkey leaping tree to tree. he landed in front of Zeiry and rose just in time to deflect a blow by one of the dwarves next to him. He retaliated with a swift kick to the mans fat gut and sent them back a distance. Then turned to face Zeiry. "Now what were you .. sayin there Zeiry? Im not drunk enough to stop so easily as that." He had really good diction for being drunk.

Zeiry scoffed as he landed, a look of annoyance crossing her face as he spoke and it only took a moment before she snapped, reaching out and jabbing him right in the chest as she starting. "You're a cocky bastard, ya know that? All those fancy flips and kicks and whatever the fuck that weird leap thingy was." She paused, swaying slightly as she shook her head and jabbed him again. "Mr.I'mBetterAtFightingThenEveryoneHereWithFancyFlowingHair! Ha! You wouldn't last 3 seconds against a Liche!" She laughed then, turning her red face to Hal as she continued. "And YOU! Mr.IHaveABigSwordThatCompensatedForMyLackofIntelligenceAndBalls! You can't even do your job right!"

Hal turned rather red in the face, almost purple as he glanced up at Tirian, rather unsure what he should do or say. He couldn't outright knock the girl unconscious, which he more that would happily do, so he was stuck staring dumbfounded as Zeiry laughed hysterically. "PAH! Lookit your face, Hally! You're as purple as a beet!" She stumbled then, catching herself on the table.

"I believe you have had too much to drink, Phoenix. This is no place for a lady as-"

"DON'T GIVE ME THAT LADY BULLSHIT! AND I AM NOT DRUNK!" Zeiry was rather volatile it seemed as she chucked the nearest thing at Hal, which happened to be a chair, knocking him right in the chest and causing him to fall against the wall. Turning, she grabbed another mug and held it up to Tirian. "Ya want some of this, Pretty boy!?"

Yes...indeed not drunk...

"Not drunk?" Tirian couldn't hold in his hysterics at that point. he was laughing at the devil and didn't even care, perhaps this was what Griffin meant when he told him he was the daredevil drunk. "I only say it when its the truth Miss IenjoyswitchingmypersonalityalmostasmuchasIlikeswitchingclothes!?:" Tirian burst into laughter and watched when she directed her volatile insults towards Hal. He didn't much care for her guardian, so he didn't much care to interfere where he was concerned, but he kept his eyes trained on Zeiry the entire time. For good reason too, because Zeiry returned her attention on him again almost directly after shed finished with her guard.

"Da' Hell are you laughing at Trollslayer? Or shall I say, 'The One Who Smells of Trolls'?" She mocked, raising her mug higher, but. "I ain't drunk, prick, and I'm not changing personalities! I'm being honest!" She glared, a drunken glare, but a glare nontheless as she squared her shoulders. "All ya bastards think I need protectin', eh!? PROTECT THIS!" She chucked the mug then, quickly followed by a blurr of whatever else was in her vancinity.

Tirian's eyes widened and he ducked below the initial assault, but he could tell she had no thought of stopping any time soon, and she had an arm like a damn machine gun. Still he couldn't help but to taunt her as he dodged her attacks.

"Jeez here ya are makin a mess, and you say you aren't drunk, Shit I must be king of the dwarves then too!" He chastised her and slipped his way closer to her, all the while sneaking a mug of ale. She wasn't exactly aiming for anything too much in particular, so it was easy to avoid her projectiles."come on, if your gonna prove you got somethin, then prove it." Tirian banged on his chest then and slipped past her most recently thrown object. He was offside of Zeiry and with his free hand he tugged at the brim of her shirt, his other hand he dumped the ale down her back, and laughed hysterically afterwards backing away slightly to survey his work with a suddenly cocky grin.

Zeiry froze, wide eyed as she felt the sudden chill rushing down her back and legs as Tirian dumped the ale on her. She had not expected THAT to happen and to be honest if suddenly brought back years of teasing and torment. (Not that she had too much exactly, but enough to really piss her off.) Her face turned pure scarlet as she glanced down at herself, her shirt suddenly see through. {What...the actual...fuck.}

She stared up, eyes meeting Hal's as she was suddenly seeing red, much redder than she had earlier. She turned then, glaring Tirian up and down as he laughed. She brought her hand up then, swinging her arm and striking him right in the cheek with all of her might. "HOW DARE YOU, YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Everything seemed surprisingly silent then, all the fun suddenly dying away from the event.

Tirian teetered with the force of her hit and held his cheek when he turned back to face her. The impact had done just that, it had knocked him away from his stupor and now he could see her for her true velnerability. He deserved what he'd gotten, but that wouldn't be enough. "Yeah, you are right about that one.." he stated boldly and turned away from her. Tirian sighed to himself and stepped away from her; grabbing another mug of ale. The cold wouldn't bother him, so he couldn't help there, but at least to show he understood that he fucked up. Tirian stepped up to her again and stared her up and down, before he flung his cloak off and handed it to her. "You wanna do it, or you want me to? I don't care who does it, long as its done, I know I fucked up, and we were having such fun with out pirate talk and witty insults."

He held out the mug to her, and noted that things had clamed down a bit, there was a bloody mess of giants and dwarves all about, but most were in a drunken coma now. The bards had slowed their tunes and were now playing a much softer melody. Funny how music could reflect exactly what one was thinking at times. Tirian couldn't help but think that to himself. "Alright, follow me then. One way or the other." He stepped up on top of one of the Giants tables where all who still stood awake could see him and if she follow her too as she got her revenge.

Zeiry snatched the mug and followed, her face softening slightly as she tightened her grip on the mug. Stepping on top of the giant along side him, they turned towards each other. "Kneel." She motioned and he followed, moving down on one knee atop the slippery stomach. Zeiry watching him in silence for a moment before she held the mug up, and much like the knighting of a great hero, she spoke loud enough for everyone to hear. "I dub thee, Sir FancyPantsAssFace." And with that, she dumped the mug and all its cotents atop his silver crowned head.

Tirian remained as he was told and forced back his laughter as he felt the cold contants slip down his back. "You fogot the rise now... part fool!" he stated through a bit of spit as he discarded the ale from his lips and then stood up and shook himself off like a dog. His hair was sticky now shooting off in all sorts of ways he looked like some awesome white haired anime character. "Damn Zeiry I think you just helped me achieve my new look." he stated as he checked himself in the Windows of the place. "anyways though." he stated and extended his hand. "truce?"

Zeiry chucked the mug aside then, shielding herself from flying ale as she laughed. It had actually felt good, damn good, to have been part of this. Her first party, her first drinking experience, first bar brawl. So many things happening that she had never really expected to, and it was so much better than she could have imagined. She looked Tirian up and down, giggling at his hair as she extended her arm, grasping his forearm with her clearly smaller hand, he in turn doing the same as she nodded. "Truce. It's a rather good look for you, trollslayer." She paused however, turning slightly as she eyed the crowd. "Where is Marius?...He was thrown into the brawl-"

"Right here!" Marius's laughter was suddenly booming, forcing the attention of the two as he stepped up from behind one of the larger tables, arms linked with the Dwarf he had just been fighting. Both were battered and warn, but their smiles shown through as the dwarf raised his mug, shouting merrily. "Next round's on me!"

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsin
@Wolfsin @Sinopa

The barest of audible sounds fell as Valur sighed.

'Irascible mortals...' he thought for the barest instant.

It wasn't his way of thinking normally, but he was more used to either seeing the standoffish dragons or the camaraderie of a group. The idea that there would be three people fighting over him was a foreign idea to him and one that he both liked and disliked. On the one claw, it fit him, as the Dragon Lord of the Azure sky that people would want his power; on the other, he had both uses for all three and wanted to have all three at his disposal if he could. The Quarry and the Blades were both the types to find traces of the active Seven Swords of Sin or the one that had gotten away. The same went for the Order of Conquest, who might stumble upon a still dormant blade.

He sighed again and let the blade dissolve into a cascade of light blue particles.

"As you wish then. Show yourselves off at the festival. As they say, best wing forward. I'll be watching... if not participating seeing as how it would appear I might be able to."

• Love
Kalt Finale Opener Saved Spot:

The Siege on the Fortress of Nino Day 1.

As the fires flickered out, the sky faded to a perfect black, and the excitement of the night was lost in a drunken stupor. The Fortress of Nino slept, and the participants of the festivities lay about the grand hall, or in the halls of their unknowing brothers. Most were not alone ;) The mess still remained scattered over the hall, and the heroes slept close, but both were as coherent as stone in the event.

Night returned to day as so it does always and with it the promise of refreshment, of a new day. Perhaps their last...

Crack!!!

The Hall quaked with the sudden disturbance, and the 'dead' awakened as they looked from their windows and homes. Mighty stone pillars had shattered the statue of King Nino at the center court yard of the city, and immediately the Giants armed themselves, the Horns blew and the city now quaked with the hurry of the massive soldiers preparing to bare their home to the last man if it came. Nino was not far behind, followed by the still blazen Heroes of fate.

Three more pillars found their mark in the homes of others, and once so in the armory to the west of the keep, but as the Giants filed in and held up their mighty spears and shields, the ideas of great Greece, of Sparta and its finest warriors came into mind in their visage. Only when an exagerated winged shadow seemed to eclipse the sky above did the Entirety peer up to see their invader face to face.

The creature landed atop the wall of the Fortress.

knight_by_tahra-d4m3lpg.jpg

"Hear me King of the west!"

Every Giant including Nino looked to the mighty winged warrior, but the fear in their eyes so suddenly told of the terrors this dark Angel proposed. Whispers of the creatures name echoed between each Giant who reflected on it. "Azriel... The Death Sky raider... what is he.. doing here?"

The villain spoke strong and bold.

"I come bearing news poor fools who follow a foolish king.. I bear the news of your ascension, You will all soon serve one who is worthy of your creed!" By this time the Dwarves had begin filing in and looked up at the Sinister warrior. He of course continued. "Behold!" He shouted and then raised his hand to hold of the decrepit head of the Giant king to the east. Every giant seemed to flinch at the sight, but Nino seemed the most wounded by the attack. The creature threw his brothers head at Nino's feet and watched the King of Giants fall to a knee to embrace his brother as though he still lived.

"W..what is the meanin..." Azriel interjected. "You know what this means fool king. It means... " he hummed and every giant seemed to acknowledge as they stood up right, crossed their hand over their heart and dropped to one knee. They stared up to the Dark Angel. "Oh how wonderful, they already understand.. Yes... Bow and lay witness the Trial of Kings has begun! Nino or myself Who will live when this day is done!? Who will be your King?"

"Haven't you had enough of your games yet Azriel..

Another voice crept out from the shadows.

middle_52229_10151182445429161_2137179524_o.jpg

"You talk far too much... now get on with it. Our lord had me come to make sure that everything goes as needed."

His voice was cold, almost heartless in the literal sense. His skin with an almost metallic black color, like he might of been made of leather or some other dark substance. He hissed with every word, and his eyes were hallowed white, a sign that showed just how phantom the creature standing next to Azriel was... It seemed to perturb the Giants even more seeing this one, but he didn't appear to have a single interest in the Giants. Instead his attention turned to Zeiry, He smirked.
"Annyways.. Ill be back at the camp I look forward to seeing them struggle." The Shadow of a man then waved his finger and a rift appeared. he stepped through and vanished leaving only the Dark Angel to taunt them.

"Yes let the Trials being.. until one of us is dead King of the west... Until one of us is dead hahahahahah!" He cackled and flew higher into the air. 'When you are ready come and face me King Nino!"

Every Giant outside of Nino bowed to the sky, solider and stead fast as stone, they would not move no matter what. This was a rite of Giants... and their laws were absolute since times long ago. Nino turned to look to the heroes and grunted at them.

"There is no escaping this... Not for me.. but for the two of you... I ask you now.. Do you wish to live? I will not hold it against you, and even with what I offer there is chance that you could die.. but.. you can leave this place... If you choose. I have.. a way for you." Nino's words were grave, almost to a point that it seemed like they may be his last. His solemn idea only interrupted with the sudden chatter of armor. The Dwarves were moving in formation, but not towards the battle... Instead lead by their King they were heading towards the back door from which they came from. King Rodgrim commanded them.

"The Giants will not fight for themselves, and we will not fight their battles, it is time for us to go.. come on on with all of ya!" The final warriors to defend the keep were leaving. And Nino stood solid as stone as he looked down upon both Zeiry and Tirian. "Well there you have it.. our pact bound in stone is shattered just as easy as these walls. What will you do Phoenix, White haired Hero?"

More and more pillars fell from the sky, the rage of war echoed over the endless valley... The siege had begun.

Last edited:

Destius, Village of the Unbound
Colab book post between @Wolfsin and @Key

untitl11.png

The familiar illuminated web of trees that acted as a canopy for the home of both Drow and Star elf fell into existence before them. Ahazel was the first to step-forward, while both Griffin and Sera stood almost dumb founded by this form of travel. Magic was still a fairly fresh experience but they dealt with the sudden rot in their stomach as best as they could. There was no time though, for them to take much of their surroundings in, as a woman approached. She had a deep lavender about her pale grey flesh, a perfect complexion. Her eyes were a piercing blue that fit perfect contrasted with the deep blue color of her hair. She was a beauty unlike any they had seen so far.

"Ahazel my dear, your trip fared you well I hope."

She spoke in a darker song of sweet music as she embraced her lips passionately against his. They separated for only a moment before the stead fast ward of Ahazel wrapped himself around her and held her as close as he was able. "It would have been better spent in your company, L'hyara, but it was fine all the less. I've brought guests this time however." The woman peered around her love to pass a gentle smile in the direction of Sera. "Oh my, such a young little starling. I'm sure our Mistress will love meeting you. Speaking of..."

Griffin perked up first and reached for the hilt of his sheathed sword, when two honor guards approached. One was dark grey of flesh, a Drow to be sure. She had a set of crimson eyes, and a white symbol that ran through her left eye. She bore a bright silver nest of long braided hair, and coal like armor made of hardened and boiled leather, with a red trim inlay. At her side was a Long whip with barbs only separated by every inch of thin wire that made up the deathly whip.

On the opposite of her was another woman, but she was comprised of the basic noble armor of the Star elf. It was a curious sight, but it made sense very quickly when he and Sera noticed the thin almost ghost like figure that approached from behind the two Honor guards. In many ways she looked like the Priestess, but her hair was a shade of grey silver that flowed over her shoulders and down to her toes like a waterfall of silver coins. She looked very much like Sera in the way her symbols seemed to bind themselves together. Her visage was the first and most dedicated embodiment to the mix of Drow and Star Elf. She was stunningly beautiful in the most mysterious of ways.

"Welcome young starling, and warrior who walks with A Daughter of the Stars." Her voice was not much what they expected, a deeper alto that seemed to hold her weight as an official in a way just as The Priestess had done, but opposite all the same. She nodded to the two of them and addressed them as formally as she could. "Come then, we've awaited your company and welcome you to our humble village, Destius." Her tone was almost stationary, and without much room for extended greetings she turned on one foot and lead them onward. Sera glanced sidelong at Griffin briefly with a look of curiosity before setting out to follow.

~ ~ ~

Destius was in many ways like Illumina. Their trees were impregnated with the same large, glowing orbs, though scarlet light shone from those in the Drow forest. It was a denser atmosphere as well, more trees required to block the sky from view. Yet somehow this place seemed more lively than Illumina... more chaotic, rich, full to the brim with creatures from all corners of the world. As they walked through the heart of the village, Sera studied the notable differences between each elf she passed. The majority of them seemed to be Drow or Star Elf, though mixes of the two were just as frequent as other types of elves. "Moon elf," Ahazel would murmur under his breath to the two of them as their party traveled through the village. His wife interjected as well, humming "Aquariel elf" or "Avarial" each time Sera's face became perplexed by an unfamiliar creature. It was strange, and somehow comforting to see so many different races existing together in conceivable peace.

"How many creatures live in this forest?" Sera questioned lightly as they passed a particularly crowded and energetic alcove between the trees..

"Our current population stands at about one-thousand, although I find our numbers growing every few weeks as more outcasts are taken in." The Priestess had a reverence to her voice that put Sera slightly on edge - unsure what to take her tone for. She wasn't as warm as Daenalaia had been, but her voice resonated with the strength of a gaurdian whose first priority was to protect her people. And if Daenalia trusted this woman, Sera had no reason not to at least feel safe in her presence.

"We're here." Startled from her contemplative haze, Sera looked up to see a small clearing of trees. Huts and tents filled the area, and there were several small fire pits where meats and soups were being cooked. People gathered around the pits and mingled in the area, talking and dancing and singing as if they were celebrating some grand event. Groups of men and women sparred in small circles, while others told stories, or painted trees, or bargained prices for all sorts of items. It was lively for such a seemingly small village.

"If you would follow me to my tent, young starling, I would have a word." The Priestess eyed her with a level gaze, the smallest smile on her otherwise seamless face. Sera returned her gaze briefly before glancing back to Griffin, a question present in her eyes. Ahazel stepped up from his wife's side and clapped a firm hand on Griffin's shoulder before she could get a word out.

"Griffin my friend, how would you like to visit a sparring circle while Sorai speaks with our Mistress? There are a few warriors here that might be able to show you a thing or two." There was a playful challenge in his tone that Sera wasn't used to seeing from the stoic warrior. She understood why as his wife giggled and wrapped her arms around him tightly. Love brought out the warmth in people.

"Might as well, I could use a bit of exercise before we set out."

"It looks like you could also use some hearty food, too. Such a lean young thing!" L'hyara cooed, earning a sly grin from her lover.

"Don't let him fool you. The kid's a terror in the ring, lean or not. Come now. We'll grab some food after the spar, join us when you're ready Sorai."

Laughing quietly, Sera waved the three of them on as they started for one of the sparring rings across the gathering area. When finally she returned her gaze to the Priestess a wave of mild nervousness washed over her, though Sera quickly contained her expression and nodded, encouraging them on. Smiling very faintly once more the Priestess started off toward a collection of tents slightly deeper in the forest. It was close enough for them to still hear and partially see the events in the main gathering area, which was comforting to Sera as she followed the Priestess to her private quarters.

~ ~ ~

Ahazel lead the way at the forefront of their group, he was much more excited to partake in this cities combat than he'd ever seen him be within his own home. Perhaps that meant that the competition would be fierce enough to get him riled up here. He couldn't help but get excited at the thought. "Alright, So lets see then, I am interested to see what the Drow have to offer in the ways of combat." If DnD told him anything ever of Drow, it was that for the most part they couldn't be trusted. They were a fierce form of elf probably the greatest assassins known to man, so how would they do in a duel?

Before long Ahazel made the first step down into a soft dirt ring. L'hyara sat back and watched from above. Now that Griffin took a moment to look her over, he could tell by the lean muscle structure, that she very well at one time could have kicked Ahazel's ass. She was the build of a warrior... and it made him curious. "Well come on then lets see the competition. I've already whooped you into the ground how many times Ahazel? Maybe your wife can do better for your sake." A bit of ironic snickering could be heard from around. The Mixture of races gathered here seemed amused by his words, and Ahazel made it clear why very soon after.

"L'hyara... if you hadn't noticed you fiery pup is not in ... the ahem shape.. to do anything like that currently..."

"Although!" L'hyara cut in. "It is quite flattering that you didn't notice and still think me to be the fiery lass that I once was." She smirked and cast a stare in Griffin's direction winking slightly. Ahazel's wife sure was promiscuous in the ways of taunting others, but Griffin guessed that this came with the confidence that floated around her. A gentle soldier of times past.

Ahazel cut into the silence. "A'right.. we have a young Dusk Elf Swordsman, any takers for whooping the shit out of the young pup?" The response... and number of people that jumped up... was only... well... slightly intimidating...

~ ~ ~

Sera hadn't known what to expect the Priestess' tent to look like inside, but she was pleasantly surprised to find some resemblances between the collected woman and Daenalaia's quarters. The thick cloth walls were painted with intricate designs, many runes spread throughout the artistry to create what she believed to be an ancient story. It was a beautiful and warm structure, not as stoic as she might have expected, but where Daenalaia had magic scrolls and teapots and trinkets, this Priestess had maps, weapons, and totems. She was every bit the Drow as she was Star Elf it seemed, a fact that shone in her stance as much as her home.

What Sera hadn't expected to see upon entering the tent, was a familiar spritely Star Elf with fiery red hair and the purest silver eyes. She was lounging upon the Priestess' bed as if the place were her own personal palace.

"Lady Aerilynn? I thought you were in Illumina?" Sera couldn't keep the confused, and slightly amused smile from her face as the elf rolled over and grinned.

"I am. But you see, I am also in Destius. And Carmentine. I spring from the House of Whispers, young Sorai. I am everywhere. Everything!" The girl grew manic as she spoke, waving her hands in the air as if to emphasize the might and truth of her declaration. The Priestess' next words deflated young Aerilynn quicker than it took for Sera to even be confused by what she'd said.

"Aerilynn arrived yesterday through the same means you and your companion used to join our fair village." Although straight to the point, there was a hum of amusement to the woman's voice that Sera could just faintly identify.

"Don't ruin my reputation Lyra! I have very few things I value in this world and appearance is everything to me!"

Aerilynn's childish grin ruined whatever part of her words might have been convincing. The Priestess simply shook her head, taking a seat at her desk and beginning to search through one of the compartments carefully.

"I am Lady Lyraesel, leading priestess of this village. As I am sure you've already figured out, my blood is a mix of Star Elf and Drow-"

"Just like you, Sorai!" Aerilynn interrupted with a cheeky sing-song voice, to which she earned a glare from Lyraesel.

"Yes, you are very much the same, young starling. My sister has sung a great many praises about your strength and determination to salvage this world, and protect our people. It seems only fit for me to give you what tools I can to assure your success. And so..." Sera approached slowly as the priestess lifted a wrapped parcel from the desk, bound in scarlet clothes and silver cords. Power seemed to radiate from its surface as if whatever lay beneath was a portable space heater. "I present you with this."

~ ~ ~

"I'll dance with the welp."

A deep voice emerged from the crowd and soon a near black skinned elf stepped forward holding two curved short swords in an awkward stance. Griffin watched the challenger, trying to read his disposition, but he could buy nothing from the crimson eyes of the drow. "Alright then, just say when you want to stop then, I'll go for however long you wish." Griffin stated confidently and drew the blade of the Star elf he had been gifted. A curved single hand scimitar that was used for a quicker style of fighting, it suited him well enough, though he preferred a more balanced weight to a weapon.

The crowd formed a circle around the two and the challenger strafed with him on its outskirts. Confidence radiated off of the drow warrior, and it unnerved Griffin a bit to see that sort of thing. This surely would be at least a challenge.

The drow was the first to step in, left foot first he spun around in a swift arc and came down with both blades with only a slight interval between them. Griffin dodged easily enough and retaliated by bringing his own weapon up. The fighting style to him.. was familiar. He had fought against it before.

The thought came to him suddenly and fierce. And he retaliated in turn.

"That bitch..." he growled under his breath and deflected the weak swipe of the mans dagger with his own move. Griffin stepped in and rammed his shoulder against his opponent knocking them back. His sword flung up with a lithe arc to it that sought to claim his opponent across his chest. The drow dodged and stepped back in shifting his short swords in his hands he smirked. The real fight was beginning now.

~ ~ ~

"What is it?"

Probably the dumbest question she could have asked, yet still the words tumbled from Sera's dumbfounded lips. Across the room, Aerilynn dissolved into a fit of unannounced giggles that had her rolling off the bed. Lady Lyraesel shook her head at the sight of the elf.

"Please excuse my cousin, she can at times lose touch with reality. Its a hassle." Grumbles of protest sounded from the floor but Lyraesel ignored her friend to carefully unwrap the parcel in her lap. Sera watched as the bindings fell away, and a smooth plane of worn leather emerged. Moments later and a small book lay in the bedding of cloth and cord, its black cover pulsating with blood red runes. Energy poured off the tome in a tangible wave that crept up Sera's spine, seeping into the marks upon her skin like the mist from a distant waterfall. She couldn't discern the nature of this energy... part of it felt wrong, dark in a way she hadn't experienced with Star Elf magic. But familiar all the same. As if she were an exception to its seemingly malevolent intention.

"A magical tome, for Drow magic?" Sera discerned from the look of approval Lyraesel offered that she was right in her assumptions.

"It is my personal tome. Drow magic is different from what you are used to, Sorai. We dabble in both Arcane and Divine spells, and as such we find that the use of a tome when learning to draw energy from the earth is a great help." Lyraesel stood with the grace of a swan, tenderly cradling the book against her breast. "The creation of a personal tome is a sacred and timely undertaking that we practice in this village. Children begin from a young age to train and build their own scriptures, largely influenced by the cultures and magics of their bloodlines. The energy woven into this book, particularly, stems from Star Elf and Drow lineage. It should prove to be quite useful for you when the book permits."

"When the book permits?"

"Personal tomes are very loyal to their creators. But in the company of a stranger, they can become malevolent spirits of their own. It will likely be a long while before you prove yourself worthy of its aid, but I can promise you that when the time comes, this tome could provide you with a miracle. Keep in mind, however... Miracles are limited in this world. There are a great many creatures curled up like fists protesting death, petitioning the Gods for the right to live. Do not take the miracles you receive for granted or use them at an inappropriate time, Sorai. You may lose what you care for most."

~ ~ ~

The dark steel of the drow connected briefly with Griffins own curved sword. With each attack, a new tactic was implemented but the drow was starting to fall behind, and more and more as Ahazel watched he could tell something was different about this match. He didn't intervene however.

With a final clash the two separated again, regaining their footing before they jumped back into the fray and the simultaneous clang of their blades met one for two, they were expert in the way they moved. Griffin was superior though... The drow was sweating, and then. With a final push behind a blade and glaring eyes Griffin toppled his foe over and the drow fell from his feet. Griffin didn't do as expected though, no. He fell with his opponent and came down with a swift near lethal blow... his eyes glazed over by the pseudo fog of war.

He was going to kill the drow at his feet.

"Enough!"

A once soft voice hardened in that moment and a swift barbed arrow knocked Griffin's blade off course from his helpless prey. Griffin looked up a fire in his eyes that foretold stories of true sadness and hatred. The nurturing gaze of L'hyara met his and then with the faintest smile she vanished from her place next to Ahazel. Standing now before Griffin she placed her hand on his and guided his sword down. Ahazel moved at this point and stepped into the ring. "The fight is concluded, let all be at peace with the spirit of combat." The drow through heavy breath looked past Ahazel and his wife to the young dusk elf... He said things he probably didn't mean, but it was disregarded by the soft whisper of L'hyara.

"The look you gave him. It is the look one might give to those that have killed someone they cherished. Is our own Ferus guilty of such a crime?" Griffin softened, realizing his faults he dropped his weapon and hung his head, only responding with what he could. "No.. it wasn't him."

No he would never forget her, it was a girl that killed his friend, that nearly killed all of them. He would never forget the voice of that assassin.

Ahazel spoke up next. "I think that is it for now then. Lets go to the circle and enjoy some food. Perhaps it will get you thinking better." He cast Griffin a long glare, a deserved one though. Ahazel, respected peace and authority.. he was a soldier and what Griffin had shown just now had been a lack of discipline... something he guessed Ahazel would need time to forgive.

All the same Griffin submitted to their suggestion and followed. They gathered around a blackened fire, illumination that could only be described as darklight surrounded them in the little enclave where they sat. L'hyara was the first to break unbreachable silence. "You intended to kill that drow didn't you?" Griffin nearly choked on his own soup but he passed a glance at the woman. Ahazel moved to stop her from speaking further but she only had to place her finger against his lips. "Fear not my love, he will not harm me or my child, he is not so far gone as that."

Ahazel seemed to calm with those words and L'hyara continued to prod. "As it is you lost someone important to you, to a drow. Who were they to you?" Griffin grunted a bit and returned his attention to his bowl. "Its not something I want to talk about." he finally stated cold as ice. She wasn't having it. "Oh? Is that because you wish to forget, or is it because you are happy they are gone?" she mused and Griffin cast her a dark glare. "I tend to think that in order to truly remember and respect those we've lost, it is good to remember them, to allow their faces to visit us often, and haunt us. At least when this happens we are reminded that we cared for them. in its own way, through our memories those people are made immortal." her words were whimsical in the worst of ways but they tugged at him.

With a sigh Griffin looked up from his food and set his bowl down. "His name.. was Tyle... no.. Tirian.. Tirian the White haired troll slayer. A brave fool at best, and a friend that had been with Sorai and I for far too long.. An ally of the weak, and a strategist to beat out any of your best commanders. He was a good guy, a good friend.. who needed help and took it from a selfish little princess of the modern world. When.. the whole time.. he could have had the princess that I deserve." Griffin started to regret his decision, his eyes watered a bit and his muscles all tensed up. "He was killed, killed because he chose to save someone he never truly loved, because that is the person he is. He was pushed from a cliff because it was the only option other than dying by her.... hand. A drow... a drow woman assassin.. sent to kill all of us before we even knew why the hell we were here!"

Griffin shouted and slammed his fist on the table, his anger flaring. Ahazel flinched in his chair, but before he could do anything L'hyara slid inward and pulled Griffin against her breast, where she cradled him for a moment like a Mother does their child when they've experienced first heart-break. An embrace Griffin had never known... he leaned into her and accepted his vulnerability for the short time that his pride allowed him it.

~ ~ ~

"Be careful not to move. If the tomb senses hesitation, it will reject you." Lyraesel stood in front of Sera like a pillar, firmly planted and clear of emotion. The same could hardly be said for Sera, who trembled the closer the book came. She wasn't used to this kind of energy, and it crawled over her skin as quickly as an airborne disease might spread through a village. But she tried her best to remain calm, took several deep breathes to steady the surge that shook her skin.

Why?

Because Daenalaia had sent her here for the book. Because this book would teach her things she could only imagine existed. And perhaps more realistically, she wanted to prove to herself and those who protected her that she was worthy. That she could handle anything, benevolent or otherwise, without trembling or shying away. It was a naive reason for her to pursue this and still she did so, extending one careful hand with gritted teeth, determination painted across her face.

"I am ready."

The Lady nodded, and without delaying further pressed the tome into Sera's palm. She was nearly sent back from the force of impact, an electric shock surging through her skin as leather turned to leaves and the book transformed into something unexpected - a vine, dark jade in color with gold laced through the stems, and it wrapped around Sera's hand with the grip of boa constrictor. She had to choke back a gasp of pain as it made itself at home around her skin, yet still Sera stood strong and unmoved, determined to see this through. And it took a while. Mercy came after a long while of held breath and clenched teeth, and finally the rapid surges of energy smoothed out into just a mildly uncomfortable vibration through her bones.

"Very good. It seems you've passed the first test; here's to hoping you pass those to come." The smile on Lyraesel's face suggested she was pleased with how things turned out, and that brought a little comfort to Sera.

"What should I expect to come from this? If its no longer a book... how will I learn from it?"

"It will not remain like this forever... At least, it shouldn't, if you are everything Daenalaia has claimed you to be. When the tome deems you ready and worthy of its knowledge, you will know. Until then, continue to develop your strengths and practice what my sister has taught you. The Divines foresee a great deal of struggle in your future and you will need to be a honed weapon on your own making if you wish to accomplish anything."

Questions sprung forth, curiosities and worries coming to mind in light of the news that she would soon face obstacles she might not be prepared for... But if Daenalaia had taught her... had reminded her of anything, it was that some things were better off not being foretold. Some events could only work out in your favor if you dealt with them at the right moments. And she could tell by the look in Lyraesel's eyes that now was not the time to know.

"Very well... I hope to prove my worth when it matters most. Thank you for this gift, Lady Lyraesel. I will protect it until my last breath."

"And may it protect you when your last breath comes." She murmured softly, the first real, genuine smile stretching across her smooth face.

"Ahhh, the sentiments in this tent are making me want to choke. C'mon, Sorai, lets get some grub and catch up with your adorable Dusk Elf companion. Maybe I'll even show you the fun you were missing in Illumina~" Aerilynn, who previously had buried her face in the carpet to suppress a random laugh attack, jumped up with as much energy as a child on Christmas and tugged Sera by the hand out of the tent. Sera could just barely manage a "Goodbye" to the Priestess before she was dragged away, back to the sights and sounds and smells of festivity. Only when the scent of cooked food caught her nose and woke her stomach did she feel relieved for the strange, fiery elf at her side.

~ ~ ~

"There he is!"

Griffin looked up as he recognized the familiar voice that resonated now. What he found was Sera, and ..... "Aerilynn?" he questioned eyeing Sera precariously, but she seemed distracted all the same. L'hyara and Ahazel noticed as well and waved the two of them over. Then L'hyara turned and snarked a comment under her breath. "What a beautiful princess indeed hmm?" Griffin flushed at the comment and had half a mind to stab her with a utensil if it might shut her up. His thoughts were interrupted though when he felt lengthy strong, but feminine arms wrap around him, and hands cup his cheeks. "Aerilynn...." he grumbled. Then turned to see the rest of them laughing. it was hard not to smile in their presence.

"Oh Divines have mercy, isn't he just handsome L'hyara!?" The wife to Ahazel merely nodded and disregarded the comments as best she could, but Aerilynn wasn't so frail that she'd give up just yet. She taunted. "I tell you Sorai, you better have claims on this one soon or I'm gonna take him for myself and lock him up in my room!" She shouted.

"I bet he wouldn't mind, just treat him gently and he'll probably like it," Sera grinned cheekily toward her friend, though the teasing silliness didn't touch her eyes quite convincingly.

"Seriously? First you think about skewering me without knowing me. Now you want to bed me without knowing me? They have a word for this where I come from. Bipolar.. maybe." Griffin smirked and cast a pointed glance in Sera's direction. Was she really alright with all of this? If one thing she'd ever done masterfully it was raise a convincing mask when things were bothering her. In ways that gave him hope, and in others it disturbed him; he couldn't say which it was more of though. Aerilynn didn't give him time to figure it out.

"Play hard to get all you want Mister Dark swordsman, but when Aerilynn points her finger at something she wants, its often not denied to her. And in this case a 'duel'... of sorts... will do..." she giggled a bit and flitted away from him then joining L'hyara by her side. Griffin took the moment of grace to invite Sera to sit with him. "Their soup is at least more appealing I think than the Star Elves food... might as well sit and enjoy it while we're here right?"

"I didn't think the Star Elf's food was that bad..." Sera mused as she took the seat next to him, though part of her motivation in saying that was the red-haired warrior sitting across the fire with his wife. "Ahazel, why didn't you tell me you had a wife? And she's so beautiful... I'm surprised you didn't brag more."

Ahazel looked like a deer caught in head lights at the comment, and as if he could feel the burning glare at his throat he turned and showed a toothy smile to his wife. "Its not exactly so... umm bad? As it is made to sound Love... " Griffin watched fumes arise from L'hyara's head and he thought for a second about pushing Ahazel out of the line of fire.... however.. decided against it. L'hyara smirked a bit and continued eating her food.. but before Ahazel could tell whether he'd escaped the promise of murder or not.. she said her line...

"That's alright, considering Griffin here has had more interaction with my breasts than you have in about a month..."

"Uhm... what?" Sera blinked, glancing between the two suspects in question with a raised brow that held more attitude than even Anabelle could have mustered.

And... that was when the little battle.. turned into a four way war... with Aerilynn taking bets from the sidelines. It continued as such through the night, until the excitement of the day caught up with them. Griffin and Sera were given a tent all their own just like in Ilumina. Ahazel and L'hyara returned to their own home and made sure to change L'hyara's earlier claim... The city of Destius fell eerily silent and the sun came just as soon as they'd fallen asleep.

Sera and Griffin finished the last of their preparations and waited for Lyraesel to come to them. Ahazel waited at their stead and L'hyara gave her final goodbyes to the two of them. "It was wonderful meeting both of you, Now I will just hope that the princess is claimed next time I see her.." She whispered against Griffin's ear and smirked before she backed away. Aerilynn was far less subtle. "Remember Sorai.. you best claim that boy before I see you two again!" "Best of luck and safe travels to the both of you," added the steadfast warrior as he wrapped his arms around his wife. Lyraesel arrived in time enough and before long, just as before a gate was opened for them. A gate that would place them as close to the Dragon Tooth Wastes as they could get. A sigh passed between the two and then simultaneously, hands held they stepped forward.

Deiridis, pink
FinalAnabelleBanner_zpsd3cd5b01.png~original

- @Wolfsin -

Anabelle walked the streets of Deiridis with the grace of a Siamese cat whose diamond-studded collar had been ripped off. Strong in her steps, smooth of face, yet the plague of fear practically seeped from her skin. She was trying so hard to be confident as she walked naked down unfamiliar pathways, doing her best to ignore every cat call that taunted her from the dark alleyways and street corners. It was just like back home in the City, she reminded herself every few moments when a particularly nasty voice crept up on her ears. Except it wasn't. Because this time, she was in a world she held no power of, with nothing but a sack of gold coins clenched against her naked breast. No, this wasn't like the city. This place was something else entirely.

"Oi, pretty lass, why don't ya come o'er here and show me those lovely assets of yers?"

Anabelle hurried along, teeth clenched to hold back a snarky comment that would most assuredly land her in more trouble. But the filthy scumbag behind her wouldn't have any of that. "Oi! Hard at hearing? I said come over here!"

Rough fingertips clamped down on Anabelle's shoulder then, spinning her around like a rag doll, and she stumbled into the disgusting man who wreaked of alcohol and garbage. He got grabby then, sliding his hands places they shouldn't have been and knocking the coin sack from her clenched fist. Rage boiled in the pit of Anabelle stomach until finally she exploded.

"Get the FUCK away from me!" She shouted, and as if the heat of her voice summoned them forth, vines that had been growing up the side of a nearby building lashed out at the man, slapping him to the ground with the force of a hurricane. And they continued snapping at him for a good long while, until his pained cries brought Anabelle's eyes back to the huddled figure in the dirt. She was just as startled by the sudden fury of nature as her assailant seemed to be.

"Make it stop!" He whined, as if Anabelle were the one controlling it... was she? Fear turned to confusion as the fiery redhead looked upon the vines. Their liveliness seemed familiar, relatable in some way to Anabelle though she couldn't say how. But if they could get her out of this mess and maybe protect her from future happenings like this, she would damn sure use that to her advantage.

"Fine. But first, you're going to tell me where in this town I can find a market."

"Why the 'ell would I-"

SNAP! The vines lashed against the man's cheek, effectively cutting his words short as another pained cry fled his lips.

"FINE! I'll tell you!"

A smug little smile tugged across Anabelle's lips, and as if the vines bent to her will, their assault slowed so as to wrap around the man's limbs and keep him securely in place. He was smart enough not to struggle against the bindings as he rushed an explanation of how to get to the nearest market. When finally he finished, the man shouted, "Now let me go, you filthy c*nt!"

That flipped a switch. As if the redhead could breath fire, her anger flared to a sharp point that demonstrated itself through the vines. She watched the man thrash wildly as he was constricted and whipped by the now red-hot chains of earth, and although she could see how out-of-hand this was becoming, Anabelle, in that moment, didn't give a damn. He deserved it. Deserved to suffer, maybe even to die, though at the time she didn't acknowledge that so much as simply wanting to see some scumbag squirm a little bit.

You're killing him... is that what you want? Is this the justice you seek?

A murmur caressed the back of Anabelle's skull, yet when she turned, there was no one in sight. No one to witness her crime or pass judgement.

If you wish it, you need only make the command. No one will stop you. No one will know.

Wide eyes turned back to the man on the ground, to the burning vine wrapped around his throat. Yes... if this continued, the man would die. It wasn't her hands wrapped around his windpipe, choking the life from him, but deep down she could feel that those vines might as well have been extra limbs with her thoughts powering them. If he died, it would be by her command. And no one would be around to see it.

No... I would see it. No.

A pained gasp for breath filled the lungs of the man as his restraints fell away, crumbling to ash and dust. Anabelle didn't stick around to make sure he was okay. The girl took off at top speed through the back streets, running from that place, from the knowledge of what she had been about to do, running until breath ceased to flow through her lungs properly and she stumbled into an open town square. Merchants of all kind peppered the area, shouting their best deals to the pedestrians and haggling about prices with stubborn clients. The cacophony of life was a sharp exit from the nightmare she'd left back on those streets, and at that point all Anabelle wanted was to crawl in a bed and sleep for twenty years. Luckily, she managed to buy some clothing from one of the female vendors before rushing off to an inn the woman recommended.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.