Fate/Mark Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caster
"Oh quit your bitching, Master, or I'll give you a spanking like the child you are," Caster said sharply, not even caring to even glance her way as he fiddled with the item on the makeshift workbench, "I'll do what I want, when I want to. Everything takes time. So don't rush me, hun." He lifted the umbrella and looked it over, turning the item in his hands, flipping it upside down, and very tentatively opening it up...

A spark of prana, and then loose pages and notebooks started flying around the room.

"...Perfection!" Caster declared, hair comically disheveled after closing up the peculiar new Mystic Code of his. He placed the umbrella safely into the confines of his robe before fixing up his hair. "Anyway, me teaching you anything is going to be useless," the Servant admitted, "for I am not IN MY FINAL FORM! MWAHAHAHAHA!" Caster emphasized his cackling with arms out and fingers curled. "No but seriously," Caster said, allowing his arms to flop to his sides, "Right now isn't much the time for that sort of thing. It's the first night, you have no preparations, et cetera et cetera."

"And it seems like you aren't thinking of a strategy as I commanded!" Caster pointed to a random corner, "Go my minion! Think of one so that I may deploy Bounded Fields!" Despite his rather... unprofessional phrasing, it was prudent that he begin creating defenses for this household. Fortunately he was no third-rate magus. Nor was he a first-rate magus. He was a zeroth-rate magus!

...It would catch on. Eventually. He was sure of it. Eheh.

The household was a fairly small area of land, which meant that this would be... reasonably quick. At the very least, he could stack more effects in a shorter period of time. Obviously non-detection would be a staple, as well as a few... other tricks of the trade. Thank goodness for Territory Creation and being, well, himself. The magus sat cross-legged upon the floor and began knitting prana together....

Rayne's eyebrow twitched as Caster continued to make a fool of her. He seemed extremely adamant about doing things his way and barely letting her in on it. She guessed that he was at least doing something useful, making mystic codes, albeit very random ones and setting up barriers around the house. At least that was worth something.

"After you finish that, you can put up a detection field around the school. The grail has been notorious for choosing adolescent masters and a little work from the detection fields could narrow down who might be a master in a hurry no matter whether their servants are hidden or not. There can't be that many non master magi running about," Rayne groaned. She had had no preparations because she had spent all her time with the necessities of living and searching for a relic to summon with, something that had ended up fruitless, but she made up for that by deciding what to do on the spot. It was just like deciding what to cook for dinner, not that big of a deal, though dinner had few choices because they could only eat what was on sale. Really, if at all possible, she wanted to have their main base of operations away from the house and away from possible collateral damage. This wasn't exactly a stronghold persay like a major magical family's place. The strategic value was about zero.

"The quicker we do some snooping around to find out who the other masters are, the better. The advantage to being an unknown magus is that I'll probably know them but they won't know me," Rayne went on. She imagined that there were probably a number of masters with the itchy finger on the first night, just waiting to expose themselves because they were that prideful.

Freyja, pink

Freyja wasn't surprised that someone was already doing battle this early in the war. She was hoping for something like this to happen sooner or later. If one of the combatants fall in combat then she shouldn't worry about the loser. The winner, on the other hand, should have revealed more or less their abilities and capabilities in combat and she trusts that Assassin can find any loopholes and weaknesses from what he had observed. This may or may not be 100% accurate as the victor may or may not have used 100% of his/her abilities in a particular battle. But, if not anything, it would provide some insight in how to defeat the servant or at least counter their specific combat styles.

"Good. Keep on watching without being detected, Assassin. Find out their combat styles, strategies, strengths, weaknesses and Noble Phantasms if one of them does make use of one in this battle. We need to find out how we can exploit these and turn their weaknesses into our advantage. Do not engage no matter what." She ordered telepathically back to Assassin.

Right now, Freyja had ridden a cheap rented motorcycle as not to attract too much attention like if she had driven a harley or a ducati instead. All her movements were calm and subtle, as she tried to blend in with the local populace. Although her features were clearly foreign, she acted as if she were a tourist so as not to demand too much suspicion if there were other master's nearby. She put on this guise until she gradually reached a building to blocks from the ensuing battle. Retrieving a pair of binoculars from her bag, she herself had began observing the oncoming events with keen interest.

"Harm?! That's a harsh way to put it..." frowned Taka, his features growing dark as he adjusted his glasses. His frown grew darker when Berserker started thrashing about like a child throwing a tantrum in disagreement to his idea. "Alright, alright already! Calm down!" scolded the onmyoji. "Gaining a tactical advantage is important for me but keeping a good relationship with my servant takes precedence over that. I will not force you to change your appearance... on one condition. You will keep a low profile at all times especially in enemy territory. Are we clear on that?" spoke Taka in an authoritative manner.

He could've used a Command Spell to compel Berserker into obeying his command but it was far too soon to use that. There are other options to work around his Servant's pride. Despite Berserker's reassuring words back at the shrine, Taka was still worried if they really had a fighting chance in this Holy Grail War. If worst comes to worst, I'll have to rely on my magecraft alone to pull us through. But then again, that's why I joined this ritual in the first place. To prove the supremacy of Onmyodo against other schools of magecraft.

Taka returned to the kitchen and poured himself a cup of green tea. He let out a relieved sigh after taking of the bittersweet liquid, its refreshing taste calming him down. "Would you like some, Berserker?" offered the young man, pouring some of the hot beverage into another cup. "So... I've laid down my proposed strategy for the upcoming battle. I would like to hear your input, Berserker."

After a few moments to be clear that his moustache was out of danger, Berserker went on with business.

"I felt a large barrier go up a few minutes ago. I couldn't tell if there were any servants inside it but there probably were. We should take this opportunity to set up while they're busy. I'm sure some others felt it too. A different sort of blitzkreig," Berserker said with a wide smile. He approved of his master's plans of proper preparation. It was just a matter of when and the when was now. Everyone's attention would be on what might well be a large battle in the center of town that likely included at least one of the knight classes. They seemed the most likely to pick a fight and barrier or not, it would attract enough attention for them to move without interruption till preparations were complete. If they were lucky, he might even be able to catch a quick meal before anyone caught onto them and cared enough to bother.

"When we have set up a proper throne from which to make way the space for a new aryan nation, we will be ready to wage this war in earnest. It will only be a matter of time."

Einzbern's Servant, #09e05c

Setting: Mion River Bridge
Time: 2:20am
Nearby: None
~~~~

Lancer shrugged at his Master's disappointed tone, he expected it and he didnt really blame her. Looking down at her he materalizes, noticing nobody was around them right now. Arching an eyebrow curiously at her he nods "Ah, survival is the most primal of goals and wishes. The one that leads us all."

Lancer did indeed feel the Prana building in the distance, though it was faint for him since he held no real magic himself. To Isle's mocking sympathy he scowls his scarlet eyes gleaming. His fingers played against his spear handle as he fidgeted in place, almost hopping from foot to foot, his movements obviously impatient and anxious. "It seems so, shall we find our own battle Isle? Your servant is dying to test his skills in a fight once again." Though his voice is calm theres a deadly undertone to it that wasnt there before, his aura seemed to be growing darker with his bloodlust

Rider's Master, purple

Setting: Skyscraper
Time: 2:25am
Nearby: Saber/Lucille
~~~~

Killala felt the presence of the master/servant right before her words fell on Kil's ears. Raising her hands into the air beside her in a "I'm unarmed" gesture she slowly turns around toward the other Master just as her servant manifested himself beside them in full armor. 'Yikes hes scary....' Her magenta eyes look over him inspecting his stats 'Hmmm....He has to be Saber....Great I pick the strongest servant to battle on the first night...' She whines mentally before making eye contact with Vivianne.

But before she could speak Rider butts in with her obnoxious sounding windmill thingy, to her look Kil just rolls her eyes. "Ignore the blonde over there, I think she has severe turrets - mainly aimed at me. As for your questions....Whats the point of asking who I am and what class my servant is if you just plan to kill us hm?" Her voice starts off sarcastic but ends with a deadly calm, a false smile on her lips before it fades to a serious expression. Her eyes go to the crimson eyed man "Nice armor, love the demonic aura hot stuff." She says suddenly with a wink in hopes of confusing the servant for a moment as she jumps back behind Rider, at the same time she pulls out a already glowing Emerald from her pocket. Holding it in her hand she murmurs a few words right before a lime green semi-translucent oval shaped shield appears in front of her reaching from the top of her head to her knees. If the enemy master chose to shoot at her with the wind imbued bead the Prana shield should block it.

As she stands a few feet behind Rider she looks at the 2 enemies before them before whispering "Ok, I think I can handle the girl. Think you can take Saber? And for the record the barrier isnt only for civilians, it also keeps prying eyes out unless they come in, which you can then feed them to your precious devil-I mean riding hood." Her words were rushed but low, only meant for Rider's ears

Vivianne Lucille Aufort
"Ignore the blonde over there, I think she has severe turrets - mainly aimed at me. As for your questions....Whats the point of asking who I am and what class my servant is if you just plan to kill us with him?" The master commented. Before she could answer her question, the girl has already flirted with her servant. The master jumped back leaving Lucille to respond quickly. "Mai caeles de spiritus benedico mea. Solvo aura." She chanted which caused a tornado of wind to be released in the direction of the girl. Her intent was to hit the girl but she casted a shield with a emerald, which blocked the wind spell.

Lucille was impressed. Her family was not able to master Jewel Magecraft which is why she uses beads. She's not complaining. The silver beads store prana which is similar to the purpose Jewel Magecraft. It would be nice to have someone of similar magecraft on her side until the end.

"To answer your question from earlier, it's a custom in France to know the name of who you are talking to. I'm not so sure about Japan though." Lucille spoke as she maneuvered her fingers so there was now a new bead filled with prana. She had the bead in her hand prepared to cast magic but unlike last time she wasn't aiming the girl. Her hand was angled so it was aiming at the floor. She was hoping this would make some sort of statement before she started to negotiate. "Saber, I think she will be a great addition. I'm going to try to make a temporary alliance." She communicated to Saber telepathically. She felt that it was best to let her servant know what's going on. She didn't want him to completely dominate the servant in front of him.

Lucille started to walk slowly forwards towards the girl on defense. "I am Lucille, master of Saber. I have come from France to participate in the Holy Grail War for personal reasons. Unfortunately, I don't know your name so I can't address you but what you have used back there was Jewel Magecraft. I am impressed. I use similar magecraft. If you would like, I think it would be best to make an alliance. Then at the end, we can finish what we have started." Lucille explained. She ended up in front of the girl. She realized that she have made a risky move so she decided to cover it up. She aimed the bead a little higher so it's not on aiming at the ground but not a the girl. She is being sincere about the alliance, but it's for safety precautions. Lucille looks at her and gave a slight smile. "So what do you think?"

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
S A B E R, #3366ff

Standing there, unflinched by the weapons generated in both the enemy Servant's hands, he kept quiet for the moment. His crimson eyes, however, were glimmering, taking note of everything the enemies uttered. Yes, he had keen eyes, able to pick off the smallest details if neccessary. 'So she made a barrier, which is around this very rooftoop, with a Servant who seemingly is well-versed in ranged attacks..' Saber observed. He knew full well that if a close-ranged enemy gets close enough to an Archer class Servant, the latter would be at a disadvantage. This would also mean that the enemies before him were not uttering anything truthfully, but that was very obvious, he was not surprised.

The enemy Master uttered a few words, though it was directed at him. Listening to her, he avoided giving her a response. He was more intent on the Servant standing beside the pink haired girl.

Their opponents, they were quite the odd couple. Especially the blonde one. Mocking one another, was perhaps their own way of having a relationship. Brushing that thought off, his eyes moved back, towards his Master, Lucille. A smirk came across his face, noticing the spell she was casting. Looking back at the enemies, he had a fairly good idea about what was to come. A second later, a windstorm generated. The wind around the area was greatly enhanced. His white hair was fluttering, his eyes narrowed down, noting the shield that was generated on the other end.

Her wind attack was blocked, though both spells cast by both the Masters seemed very basic. It was perhaps one way to start their little fight against one another. As both the Master starting conversing with eachother, he was about to move, though stopped after making a step or two. Saber made a serious expression. ''Are you sure about this, Lucille. She may be a great addition for an alliance because of her magic, but, I would advise against such a thing. You're too quick to offer such a deal. However, it should not be hard for me to take out that Servant.." He telephatically responded, though after Lucille's offer to the enemies before them.

Pulling his sword out from the ground, he held it, though diagonally, over his shoulder. The tip was facing the backside of the barrier, behind Saber. His expression did not change either. His physical form dispersed, as he went into the astral form. Lucille was quite close to the both of the enemies. She was a risk-taker, or rather, a gambler, or so he felt.

Moments later, he materialized right before his own Master, as she stood behind him. He knew full well that she had another bead ready, but he was not ready to believe in an alliance with the enemies before them, and that was if they accepted. His sword was now pointing at both the enemies. "They are not who they say they are. That Servant is not an Archer... Are you sure an alliance with them would be a good idea?" He telephatically uttered. Tilting his head backwards, he gazed at Lucille from the corner of his crimson eyes.

Lucille gave him a firm look. An expression that did not waver. She obviously did not trust them. No one trusts anyone 100% in a war like this. "Saber, if they are lying, we'll see how this will unfold. However, if a fight does break out. I can very well fight this out. But, this is just temporary, so bare with me Saber. Trust your Master." She responded, telephatically.

"Well then, let us see if they are telling the truth or not... Master.." He telephatically stated. Turning back, he glanced at both the enemies. "So Archer.. Huh?" He uttered, though with a deep but strong voice. The dirt on the ground started to swirld around his legs.

In only a moment, he disappeared, before appearing right infront of the enemy Servant. "Let's see how well you're able to fight back... Archer.." A strong swoosh sound was heard, as he slashed his sword straight down, both swiftly and strong. But that was not the end. If it was dodged, or blocked, he would use the momentum to spin around, coming with his sword diagonally, aimed at his torso, though at the left side. Saber backed off after both the attacks, standing right before his Master, Lucille. He would be a shield for her, if anything unexpected did occur.

Last edited:
Enemy of the French, red
"SURRENDER MONKEY!" Rider screamed with her little squeaky girl voice, pointing her pistol at the opposing master. Everything else was seemingly forgotten in that moment, issues of battles and alliances set aside, for before her was a frenchie speaking in her accursed frenchie accent. "YOU LIE, YOU CHEESE EATING SURRENDER MONKEY! THERE IS NO SUCH CUSTOM, FOR YOUR PEOPLE HAVE NO VALUES. YOUR COUNTRY IS BUILT ON THE BEDROCK OF FALSE ART AND DEAD CHILDREN. I SPIT ON NAPOLEON." She cocked her head at Killed. "My master," she said, the first real time she had ever addressed her as such. "The french harlot is clearly a half-blooded succubus, uttering beguiling words to lure you to her chamber of damnation. Saber, has she ravished you yet? Please tell me it took a command seal to relinquish your dignity!"

And then he struck, and the scorn on her face evaporated, replaced by the cool, steely glint of a warrior forged in fire. She took a quick two steps back, then thrust her, uh, let's call it a parasol. She thrust her parasol forward and up to intercept the huge blade. Metal met something that sounded like metal's demonic grandmother. She thought of using the parasol's other abilities to escape the blade, but that would leave her master sorely exposed, and that would be awful. JUST. AWFUL. The parasol's power was doing all the work; she had little strength to push back against a melee combatant, let alone Saber, but what she lacked in power she more than made up in dexterity. As the two weapons disengaged, saber's second strike came, and she jerked her parasol to the side, managing another ear-grinding block.

Her other hand had its pistol, and she deftly pointed it up and away, above the colliding weapons, and fired a, atonishing for a small weapon, a blistering machine gun's worth of bullets at Lucille, aiming to riddle her so good that she'll look like the holey cheese that her people worshiped at their black altar. Alas, saber clearly had some sort of perceptive, perhaps even precognitive, skill. He swiftly disengaged, fell back in front of his master, and raised his sword, deflecting all the bullets in a remarkable display of bladework. The bullets flew everything, poking small craters into the rooftoop, piercing through Killed's nice, little barrier and leaving little openings. Openings that, perhaps, a certain lurking assassin could peek through. Nothing of metal touched Lucille.

Correction: almost nothing.

One swerved pass Lucille's left cheek, a headshot barely deflected into a glancing blow, leaving a streak of blood and burnt flesh on one side of her face as it whizzed pass and smashed through the behind of the barrier.

"NEXT ONE'S GOING INTO YOUR HEAD, SURRENDER MONKEY! YOUR PET SWORD CANNOT GUARD YOU FOREVER"

Last edited by a moderator:
Assassin, red

Assassin knew not to engage already, she didn't have to tell him twice, though the damn Master's just made it more difficult for him to spy on them. He let out a small, low sigh as the barrier went up and his eyes watched. He couldn't see through it, but he could feel what was going on. There wasn't any fighting yet and when the fighting began, he hoped the barrier was destroyed and if it wasn't destroyed then when the fight was raging, he would destroy it himself. The barrier was strong, for a mortal, but he could easily tear it down even if he was the Assassin class.

There wasn't much to do besides sit there and wait for something to happen, hopefully soon as he was growing bored of not being able to see anything.

His hand was at his side, toying with a shuriken that was in a pouch, ready to be drawn and used at the Barrier. He was positive this one shuriken could cut through, with a little help from an ability he has. However, he stopped himself as using it would reveal his position and they would probably get jumpy knowing that Assassin was around and their Master's were out in the open.

Rider's Master, purple

~~~~

Kil blinked in surprise as the other master-Lucille blasted a mini tornado at her, her shield withstood the impact but it packed quite the punch. Which could be seen as her arm hung limply by her side after the attack, the Prana shield fading from existence as she drops the now shattered Emerald. Her arm felt numb, like when you lay on it for too long 'Tch....' looking up from her useless limb her eyes flash with determination as Lucille approaches, but to her surprise the girl offers an alliance rather than attacking her with the already charged up bead of wind.

Her eyes narrow in suspicion 'Is she trying to trick me? Get me to lower my guard?' Killala goes to answer but before she could say a word Saber intervenes a moment before taking action himself, attacking Rider. Making a "Eep!" sound she jumps back from the battle ensuing in front of her, not wanting to get a taste of Sabers....Or Riding Hood's blade for that matter. Kil watches the fight between 2 servants for a few moments, almost mesmerized by the skill and ferocity of the 2 heroes.

But as Rider proceeds to tell off the French woman Kil shakes her head, rubbing her temple with her working hand before walking up behind Rider as she fires bullets rapidly at Saber. Suddenly her fist comes down on Rider's blonde head, it wasnt a really hard punch but enough that it should get the servants attention. "Will you stop complaining you racist child! Your not at war with France anymore so get over it, people dont act that way anymore." She scolds Rider like a really irritated older sister, the command seals glowing faintly on her hand showing her willingness to use them if she had to control the rebellious servant.

Letting out a heavy sigh she turns to Saber and Lucille "Like I said before, ignore the racist blonde. Saber, I understand what you were trying to do. You are correct, she isnt Archer, her class is Rider. Now I hope that helps sooth some your concerns on our behalf. As for your proposal...I accept. Its a good strategy to team up to take out the others, especially with a melee and ranged fighter. My name is Killala, its a pleasure to meet you Lucille-san, Saber-san. Sorry for my manners but you never know the merits of another in the midst of war. But considering you summoned Saber, the most honorable class, you must have some semblance of honor yourself." Her tone is deadly serious, bowing when she introduces herself before straightening up

Reactions: Akashi
Vivianne Lucille Aufort
"YOU LIE, YOU CHEESE EATING SURRENDER MONKEY! THERE IS NO SUCH CUSTOM, FOR YOUR PEOPLE HAVE NO VALUES. YOUR COUNTRY IS BUILT ON THE BEDROCK OF FALSE ART AND DEAD CHILDREN. I SPIT ON NAPOLEON." 'Archer' screamed at her angrily. The servant before her didn't have a great history with France. Lucille being French didn't help at all. After a few words to her master, the servant started to fight Saber. She had a pistol and a parasol.

During the fight at some point, the pistol was pointed at Lucille. Saber managed to see the pistol and started to intercept the bullets. Lucille watched Saber in amazement as he deflected all the bullets with his sword. Well, almost all of them. One lucky shot has slipped past Saber and skinned her cheek. "NEXT ONE'S GOING INTO YOUR HEAD, SURRENDER MONKEY! YOUR PET SWORD CANNOT GUARD YOU FOREVER." 'Archer' yelled in triumph.

Lucille touched her cheek where she has been skinned. A bit of blood came off onto her hand. She looked at her hand, that now had her blood on it, and let a sigh out. Lucille kept her calm. She couldn't afford to rage out, especially in front of a potential ally. Instead, she went through her coat pocket to retrieve a handkerchief, she had left on in there from the last time she wore the coat. The took the handkerchief and gracefully wiped off the blood from her check before putting it back intro her pocket.

The master went up to the servant. Lucille put her foot back a little in anticipation of an attack. Instead the master punched her servant without any hesitation. "Will you stop complaining you racist child! Your not at war with France anymore so get over it, people dont act that way anymore." Lucille eyes opened a little in surprise. The relationship between them was not like her and Saber's. Her relationship with her servant was a bit more formal and dignified compared to theirs. Their relationship reminded of how a mother or older sister will scold someone younger.

The master then retracts her attention from the servant in front of her and speaks to Lucille. "Like I said before, ignore the racist blonde. Saber, I understand what you were trying to do. You are correct, she isn't Archer, her class is Rider. Now I hope that helps sooth some your concerns on our behalf. As for your proposal...I accept. Its a good strategy to team up to take out the others, especially with a melee and ranged fighter. My name is Killala, its a pleasure to meet you Lucille-san, Saber-san. Sorry for my manners but you never know the merits of another in the midst of war. But considering you summoned Saber, the most honorable class, you must have some semblance of honor yourself."

Lucille turned around and gave a smile to Saber. "It did work out, Saber. This is a war I wouldn't negotiate with someone I had no chance with." She telepathically spoke. "Also, thanks for deflecting the bullets from Rider back there."

Lucille turned back around and put her attention back on Killala. "Merci....I mean thank you for accepting the alliance." Lucille took a glimpse at Rider only to see her angry face. She didn't mean to speak French but it happened. She did live in France for almost all her life. "I think we will work together well as long as Rider doesn't murder me because I'm French. Anyways, if we are going to continue this conversation I think we should do so elsewhere. I don't think it's exactly safe on a rooftop."

Taka too felt the surge of Prana in the distance but he was surprised that Berserker was able to identify what exactly caused it. "Is that what that is?" nodded the onmyoji whilst busying himself with sorting through his supplies. He was really impressed with the observational skills of his servant as well as his acumen in strategy, certainly not the qualities of a mad warrior. The thought made Taka wonder if perhaps he was the one who was lacking in this war. If his Heroic Spirit would have been summoned as another class like Caster or Rider, then perhaps his expertise in stratagem would be increased tenfold.

He was glad that Berserker had no objections with his plan and even urged him to push through it while the other Masters were busy with the commotion in the city. "I couldn't agree more, Berserker. Let's take Ryuudou temple swiftly and secure the perfect foothold" declared Taka, slinging his bag of supplies over his shoulders and finishing up the rest of his green tea in one swig.

Taka led the way to Ryuudou Temple which was about 15 minutes away from his temporary home. The concrete steps leading to the temple grounds had seen better days and untrimmed foliage obscured the ascent further. "Hmm, I heard that this was once a flourishing Buddhist temple. Apparently the Holy Grail materialized in this temple during the 5th Holy Grail War and caused some significant damage to it." recounted the young man, maintaining a steady pace in his ascent up the steps. "First thing's first, Berserker. We need to pacify the residents of the temple. Can you scout ahead in spirit form and see how many we'll have to deal with?"

Berserker had no objections at all and dissipated into his astral form, following Taka up to Ryuudou Temple. He knew neither the place, or the landscape of this city but the leylines were apparent, very apparent. This would indeed be a suitable place for the Aryan movement to begin once again. When ordered to scout in astral form, he scoffed and materialized instead behind Taka.

"Preposterous. Why would a fuhrer have to sneak about and deal with some mere residents? I don't sense any other servants nearby and doubt that there are any magi to speak of within the temple anymore. To scout is something more fitting for an incapable servant like Assassin. I need only walk in the front door," Berserker huffed indignantly. Without waiting for a reply, he did just that, striding proudly up the steps at a marching pace. No fight was necessary for this sort of task. Pecking order was enough.

"Hear me, you who have dedicated your lives to fruitless teachings! Free yourselves! The time is nigh to serve a far greater cause. See how your land has decayed and your temple left in shambles, a shadow of what it once was. Where was your god, then?! Not here, not anywhere. Rather than cling to such hopeless ideals, you can follow me and put yourselves towards something of worth! A mighty and just cause to create a proper foothold for the new Aryan Order! You can hold up the cornerstones of the bright future. Now, who will stand with me?!"

The mad, barely sensical rantings drew out the residents of the temple. As expected to some degree, they looked at the very out of place madman with incredulous stares but those quickly faded. It wasn't long before their eyes glazed over as though they had been placed under a spell of sorts. Berserker gave a wide smile. There were the heroes and then there were the rulers. Heroes swept through the rabble like a knife through butter. Rulers simply made their presence known and the rabble would naturally understand their place in the world, taking a knee before the might of those above them.

"Heil!" he called out with a typical Nazi salute. It was quickly joined by a couple dozen others.

"Return to your usual duties and prepare us a room. A humble start will be the foundation of a new order."

Runner-up in the most racist servant pageant, red
"Ow! Häusliche gewalt!" Rider cried out indignantly. Years of war, a very young and very painful death, and she was brought back to be bossed around and physically abused by a 2-bit japanese magus and her questionable taste in fashion, to say nothing of the purple hair. "We were never at war with france! It was schädlingsbekämpfung. Sie wird durch meine Hand sterben. Sie werdet im Feuer der Hölle sterben. It has already happened, she doesn't know it yet. Ich habe es von Anfang bis Ende genossen." But she noted her master's little show of fanfare with the command seals, the three spikes nailed into her coffin of liberty, and she shut her mouth.

Only for it to reopen it, her face gaping in dawning, undisguised horror as Killed proposed an alliance with the surrender monkey and her overqualified cheese grater. He had lovely pecs beneath the armor, she was quite sure of it, but he was still the tool of a tool. Rider now knew that she was in the darkest timeline; the worst sequence of events that would culminate in her sitting alone in a cinema, watching a french art film, forcing herself to write a glowing review despite hating every second of it. Before shooting herself in the head, missing, the bullet curving one round around the cinema and somehow going straight into her anus. The point is she was about to be, in a word, fucked.

"Nein! Nein! Versuch nicht mich zu verarschen, Schweinebacke!" she said, turning to her master, protesting furiously. She pointed the butt of her pistol at the frenchie and her enabler. Versuch nicht mich zu verarschen! Oass wir morgen alle sterben if we agree to this surrender monkey's proposal! Your premise is flawed, master. There is no honor in one cheese grater summoning a bigger cheese grater. You yourself are an old woman past her magical and physical prime, born to a country of thieves, yet you would summon the greatest of all servants. Reconsider, my master. Ich stirbst jede Minute ein bisschen if this goes through. Stirb bloß nicht wie dieses Schwein hier."

And then the frenchie did it. The frenchie dared used the tongue of serpents to spew her snake word.

Her trigger finger twitched. Her eye twitched. Her whole body twitched. The wires on her parasol-spinning-thing-windmill started flailing around like a gorgon's hair, itching to dig into her forearm and activate her noble phantasm. "We all have death wishes, don't we? You frenchie. Yes, you. My dear master, I strongly urge you to reconsider. I'm all for alliances, but I am certain there are several other willing candidates who aren't Surrender monkeys."

S A B E R, #3366ff

The remarks made by the enemy Servant after the bullets were deflected by his sword was likely ignored. A moment later, he tilted his head backwards, gazing at Lucille from the corner of his eyes. "Are you alright, Lucille?" Saber had noticed the graze the last bullet had made on her cheek. Though judging by how she handled that, he was not worried, just very much alert to the situation at hand. Diverting his attention back at the enemy Servant, his expression was serious, however, before he could give the child Servant a response, her Master interrupted.

The enemy were arguing with one another, and it would seem that the Holy Grail must have chosen them for one another for being stubborn from both ends. They had something in common, though the enemy Servant was worse, especially the way she was lashing out. As the enemy Master switched her attention towards him and Lucille, he simply responded. "This is a war, so an apology is not needed. We are bound to fight one another. Sooner or later. We both know that. So should your Servant."

He was in a constant telephatical connection with his Master, Lucille. "Indeed. However, I would not trust them so easily. The supposed 'Archer' was nonetheless another Servant, Rider at that. I suggest we act cautiously. I frankly dislike the attitude of the spoiled child-like Servant before us. I can still give us the advantage if you'd allow me to end Rider's misery." Saber suggested.

Taking a brief pause before continuing, he pointed his sword at Rider, because of what Lucille said. "Do not worry, Lucille. Rider will not be able to touch you unlike before. I apologies for that. His crimson eyes narrowed down, as he locked them on the enemy Servant.

"I will erase her from existence, and send her back to the underworld."

"However, if my Master still wishes to create an alliance with the two of you, it would be more like a truce until the remaining Servants have been taken care of. If that is her wish." Saber removed the pointed sword away from Rider, as he placed it on his shoulder. If his Master intended on leaving the rooftop, he would follow her, but his eyes were focused on every nook and cranny in their surroundings.

Not unexpected at all, it only took a few seconds before the enemy Servant started throwing tantrums. Lashing out in some language he was not well accustomed to, or rather had knowledge about, if only a tiny bit. He showed a confused expression. As if he was seeing a child having her candy stolen right before her eyes.

"Woman.." He raised his strong voice for a second. "What jibberish are you speaking?" He rhetorically asked, not exactly seeking an answer.

"In my day and age, you had strong Warriors. Soldiers. Men and even Women who opposed the enemy straightforward. They were fearless and filled with honor and dignity. If you are a Servant of the Rider class, I expect more of you. I am, however, disappointed in what lies before my eyes. What I'm seeing is a woman, or rather a child with no honor, or dignity. I do not expect someone of your caliber to understand me, but if you believe we'll surrender. I implore you to try and fight me. You are an enemy after all, and I know the place where you and I can settle this. Or, heed your Master's words. Show loyalty and be honorable, and accept the truce with a grain of salt. So what will it be? Huh?"

Saber was quite ready to restart their little fight. He wanted to rather get rid of Rider, but he also knew that in battle, if in order to take down something with much more ease and less effort, you may have to join forces with your enemy. It would atleast be a greater force against any enemy Servants, like the Assassin, Caster or and Lancer.

"Hmm.. All this talk.. Is making me crave for some Wine.." He telephatically denounced, to Lucille.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pyralithia
Rider's Master, purple

~~~~
Kil seriously started to wonder what she did in a past life to incur the wrath of the Holy Grail, cuz surely this was some kind of punishment. Sticking her with one of the most obnoxious, stubborn, racist, trigger happy, not too mention loud mouthed, servants was almost painful for the violet haired girl. Face palming herself she shakes her head at the situation before her, a heavy sigh escaping her lips. The command seals on her hand start to glow as she cuts a less than pleased look toward Rider, a scary glint to her magenta eyes.

"Rider.....I dont understand half of what you just said but I'll take a wild guess and assume it wasnt nice. I'm not gonna team up with just anyone, I do have morals you know. Besides, I'm not gonna turn down a truce offer just cuz you have Frenchie problems. Now dont make me use a command seal, I really dont like forcing others to bend to my will, but I will do it if you dont behave." Her tone is serious a bit of her anger seeping into her words as she looks from Rider, to Saber, stopping on Lucille.

"My apologies for my servant Lucille-san, Saber-san. Your right, even with my barrier if someone enters it they'll be able to spy on us if they can mask their presence well enough, like Assassin. Do you have a secure spot we can go? My apartment isnt exactly the safest spot, and not particularly a spot I want a fight to break out in if it comes to that." Her voice is calmer and more calculating now

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"Because the Holy Grail War is supposed to be a secret to those who are not involved!" retorted Taka, oblivious to the rhetorical question. Still, Berserker complied to his order but in a way that he didn't approve. "Wait, are you crazy! Get back here! You're breaking our agreement, Berserker!" called out the young man as his servant marched proudly into the temple grounds. Taka didn't even want to think of the chaos that would happen if anyone saw the German tyrant. Opponent or not, it would surely cause quite a commotion.

As if things weren't bad enough, Berserker began addressing the people of the temple at the top of his voice, delivering an invitation to ally themselves with him. At that point, Taka knew what he must do. I must use a Command Spell before things get completely out of hand! If this goes on, the Holy Grail War will be exposed to non-participants! He held out his hand and began chanting his version of the incantation to compel his servant into obedience.

"Rin, Pyōh, Tōh, Sha, Kai, Jin, Retsu, Zai--"

"Heil!"

Taka stopped his chanting when he noticed that the people of the temple suddenly mimicked Berserker's salute. The bewildered expression of the temple residents were gone and all of them were looking at his Servant with enamored faces. At first, Taka thought it was thaumaturgy at work but then he remembered something when he was viewing his Servant's statistics earlier, not to mention Berserker's background as an influential leader. Whilst Berserker was ordering the monks around to do his bidding, Taka approached him from behind and let out a sigh. "You're just full of surprises, aren't you?"

With the temple residents neutralized, all that's left for Taka was to fortify the temple. The existing bounded field that encompassed Ryuudou Temple would work to their advantage and the onmyoji couldn't help but admire the magus that created it. "I'll get started with putting up the barrier. It will take me at least all night to complete the formation I have in mind" told Taka, taking out a compass and a bunch of talismans from his backpack.

He began working on his barrier after that, but before he did he turned to Berserker one more time. "You're obviously more seasoned in the art of warfare, Berserker. I will trust your judgment in that department..."

"They're involved now to do my bidding as others will be too. The Aryan kingdom must have men and women to help build its foundation," Berserker announced happily, completely glazing over the fact that he had ignored his master. He didn't care in the slightest and it was in his master's best interest anyway. While other masters and servants would fight all alone, he would have the might of his new order to aid them or more likely in this case aid himself. They would act as his arms and legs and in turn, he would be their champion, just as it should be. Just as Taka was too, though he was a special case, his anchor to this world for the moment. When he got his hands on the grail, that would no longer be necessary, though he would keep the young man at his side for his splendid service and rectify the shame brought upon him and his people as well. He would have well deserved the honor and reward.

"Leaving the matter of warfare to me is a smart move. Perhaps it would be wise if I explained to you a bit of what I can do so there are no further doubts. You see, I am a fuhrer, in layman's terms a leader of the highest sort. I can compel others to join my cause and instill the righteous values of the Aryan order into their hearts and minds. Far above a mere mind control or trick, it is pure truth speaking to them, urging them to fight for the greater cause..." he went on, proceeding to explain the basics of his various talents and gifts as Taka went about erecting various defenses that the fuhrer did not understand the meaning of but could feel well enough. He had a few other things to get to too and the faster they were done, the better off they would be.

"Oh, and you will also need to find me some suitable sacrifices to take over the leyline. Nothing too specific, just some that no one will miss whose lives might be given to the greater good. These monks are honest and hard working. I like the way they work. To sacrifice them would be to spit upon their effort. For this, we should have those who are lost and beaten down, in need of a great cause to give their lives meaning."

Vivianne Lucille Aufort
Killala threatened her servant by saying she will the use command seals. It's not worth it, but with a troublesome servant like that anyone would have to. Lucille imagined what it would be like to have Rider as her servant. She deeply sighed at the fact that she would've been dead if that happened. Thank goodness, she got Saber.

My apologies for my servant Lucille-san, Saber-san. Your right, even with my barrier if someone enters it they'll be able to spy on us if they can mask their presence well enough, like Assassin. Do you have a secure spot we can go? My apartment isn't exactly the safest spot, and not particularly a spot I want a fight to break out in if it comes to that."

"Hmm." Lucille hummed. The rooftop wasn't the safest place due to potential spies and the fact that Rider has the ability to assassinate her by dropping her off the side of the building. Even if Saber is there, it's best to be safe than sorry. Her apartment wasn't somewhere she was comfortable allowing Killala and Rider into. There is also a café down the street but that is too open for strategy planning for the Holy Grail War. The last place she could think of was the school. It's easy to sneak into and nobody is there at night. If somebody was there, it would be so quiet it would be easy to catch them.

"I think the school would be the best place for us to go. It is easy to sneak into and we can set up a small bounded field within one of the classrooms since the small the bounded field, the stronger it is. It would also be ideal because it's unoccupied at night." Lucille suggested. "What do you think?"

Status
Not open for further replies.