Fate/Mark Last

Discussion in 'ROLEPLAY GRAVEYARD' started by Nevvy, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A blonde man paced down the halls of what was left of Fuyuki Church. He was short in stature but powerful and imposing, only rightfully so. In his right hand, he held a gaudy looking blue wand that looked more like it belonged in a children's cartoon than in the hands of a killer.

"The Mage's Association must be even more desperate than I thought to let me so much as look at this sword. To actually lend it to me for the duration of the war..." he laughed to himself. It was a privilege that every high class magus would be honored to receive no matter how embarrassing it might look. The Mage's Association had opted to send some of their strongest front liners with Lord Zelretch's mystic codes. Unlike the pair of buffoons that had been allowed to use them before, Alek was an enforcer. Where close range combat was an Achilles heel to them, that was not the case with him.

"You're getting that sickly looking smile again. You're not here to destroy whatever you want," Sapphire sighed. The wand bent and twisted with the sides curling over like it was covering its face. Alek glared at the little wand that was talking back to him now but reluctantly stopped his little rant to himself and picked up the papers on the potential masters. The calls slowly came in one by one to inform him of a new Servant being summoned. He licked his lips. Sadly, he may not get the opportunity to use the ridiculous looking wand of infinite prana but he would at least get a show of complete carnage.

"Let the games begin."

#1 Nevvy, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Master of Rider, purple
    Setting: Killala's Apartment
    Time: 7:08pm/Twilight
    Nearby: None
    ~~~~~~~~

Kil sat back on her bed with a heavy sigh 'Finally....' she was finally done with the preparations required to summon her servant, her bedroom floor was bare but for the royal blue markings she made on the hardwood with some chalk. Flicking a lock of thick, silky snow white hair behind her shoulder she examines her work, making sure she hadnt missed anything or made a flaw. She only had one chance to summon someone powerful, she wasnt gonna let some stupid error hinder that. After a few minutes a slow smile comes to her lips, satisfied with her work she hops up from her bed, absently adjusting Xypher - her Katana strapped to her hip. 'I wonder who I'll summon, Saber? Archer?' She couldnt help the excitement that started to run through her as she approved the circle full of runes, she could feel her pulse start to rise, a dull thump in her ears in the silence of the empty apartment she called home-for now. Though she was nervous, she had no idea how her servant would react to her, let alone if it would be a he or she.

Shaking her head causing her hair to swirl around her slightly before falling back in place against her back, stopping at her waist. Killala takes a slow, deep breath, steeling her resolve. Standing just outside of the circle, she opens up a folded piece of paper, her magenta eyes falling on the incantation she'd all but memorized by now. Rolling her shoulders Kil closes her eyes taking a few deep breaths before opening them once more.

"Silver and iron to the origin.
    Gem and the archduke of pacts to the foundation.
    Let the descending winds become a wall.
    Let the gates in four directions close, rising above the crown, and let the three-forked road leading to the kingdom rotate.

Shut (fill). Shut (fill). Shut (fill). Shut (fill). Shut (fill).
    Five perfections for each repetition.
    And now, let the filled sigils be annihilated in my stead!

—Set.
    Let thy body rest under my dominion, let my fate (doom) rest in thy blade.
    If thou submittest to the call of the Holy Grail and if thou wilt obey this will and reason, then answer my summoning!

—I make my oath here.
    I am the person who is to become the virtue of all Heaven.
    I am that person who is covered with the evil of all Hades.

May Hades blade strike true, may Heaven's wings guide you through.
    With blood I make this sacrifice, keeper of justice, heed my call.

Thou seven heavens, clad in a trinity of words,
    come past thy restraining rings,
    O keeper of the balance!"

Killala recited the words clear and true, when she got to the part she added to the chant Kil dropped the paper next to her black smoke already starting to swirl within the summoning circle. Taking a pocket knife she had in her pocket she makes a small cut on her palm before holding it over the circle letting a few drops of her blood drip into the swirling mist as she finishes the chant

• Like Like x 1
  3. Setting: The Kanzaki household basement
    Time: 7:15 pm

Rayne was completely flipping out right about now. She had opted to not work for the past few months in an attempt to concentrate on the coming grail war and of all things she was running late. The circle wasn't ready. There wasn't enough space. She still hadn't found a relic yet. And she was sure she was still one of the weaker magi in this unless by off chance they had a random summon which hers might well end up being if she didn't figure something out fifteen minutes ago. The basement was dirty, dusty, and hadn't been used since when her father was alive. It contained a wealth of scribbled on papers, books, trinkets, and other things. Some of them she was sure were worth something but she had no idea what any of it was. With a great amount of effort, she pushed a desk out of the way and kicked a stack of possibly worthless, possibly priceless research papers left by her father aside. He had only shared a very cursory amount of his magical knowledge with her that didn't even include his crest seeing as he died first. To him, magic had been important but not something that was a big deal to pass on. Rayne had just listened to him on that but in hindsight wished that she had insisted learning more. Maybe then this situation wouldn't have come up at all.

"Third rate," she muttered to herself as she took out a piece of chalk and began to draw a rather rudimentary magic circle for the summoning. Not only was it probably way worse than everyone else's, she was off schedule. At worst, she might not even get a Servant and they'd just be a bunch of money down for nothing. Turning around to look at the finished product, the conclusion that it was simply ugly came to mind. And it kind of was, hardly a neat and professional job. Well, better to have a Servant than none. Taking a deep breath, she began the ritual.

Let the gates in four directions close, rising above the crown, and let the three-forked road leading to the kingdom rotate.

—Set.
    If thou submittest to the call of the Holy Grail and if thou wilt obey this will and reason, then answer my summoning!"

The circle lit up a dull red and began to spark. It was right about then that Rayne realized that she didn't have a knife on her or something to make a clean cut. Somehow the idea of biting her finger and spitting in the circle seemed like it would end up failing the summon at best, summoning something that would get offended and kill her at worst. She couldn't even stop the chant now since if she did it would certainly fail, leaving no choice but to fumble for her katana in the dark room while continuing reciting the lines.

"—I make my oath here.
    come past thy restraining rings,"

Rayne let out a shriek as she tripped on a stray report on the ground that apparently resented her for having kicked the others aside, making her crash into the desk and knock some knickknack into the light switch leaving the room pitch black minus the very slight glow of the circle. There was a sound of footsteps followed by her brother opening the door, rubbing his eyes.

"What's going on, Rayne?" he asked with a yawn, stepping down the stairs with a yawn as he fumbled for the light switch.

"Don't come over here!" Rayne yelled back, mostly worried that a trip in the dark room could make him bleed into the circle and throw the 9 year old kid into this potential bloodbath. As with any child, though, he didn't listen. Still fumbling for the light switch, Nevar accidentally pushed a few things on the desk. A pile of books hit Rayne in the head followed by a rusty axe head that had no business being in the house and a golden locket. It cut her on the left side of her cheek and her sword fell off a moment later, pushing her face into the floor. It was of course accompanied by another scream that she stifled so as to try to not to worry him any more. However it had happened, it HAD gotten the job done as the circle lit up bright red along with another beneath it that encompassed the entirety of the basement floor. Evidently, more had been going on down here before than she had known about but there wasn't time to think about that. Hurriedly, she finished the last line, hoping that it hadn't taken offense to the pauses and the fact that she had probably accidentally spit on the circle around when she almost had a chunk of her face taken off.

"O keeper of the balance—!"

Rayne hauled herself up, tossing books and junk off of her as she ran over to her brother, scooped him up by the waist, and hauled him away from the much larger circle that was now toasting some of the various objects around the room with not so fake lightning effects.

#3 Nevvy, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  4. vroom
    There was smoke, there was noise, there was great wind, and there was the red sizzle of prana and the raw crackling of great power being birthed into the physical world. When the chaos reached its peak, when the prana and the power and the noise seemed so loud and so intense that the room seemed to be too small a place to contain it...It stopped. It stopped, and Kili would have wondered whether she darn fucked up.

Then the world exploded, and everything came back tenfold. And more.

All at once, every light blew out in a city block radius.

An abyssal umbra so deep, so profound that it made darkness itself pale erupted within the summoning circles. There was the sound of wings, like a flapping gull, except much, much bigger, and the screech of something loud and garbled, something that could have been lion's roar mixed with a dentist's drill, something that could have been the screams of a dying demon, and then it stopped once more. It stopped and all that was left was wafting smoke around the circle.

And a girl.

A blonde girl emerged from the fanfare, stepping out of the circle. She was cloaked in of oldish -victorian? Maybe. Old money? - blouse, with a red riding jacket over it. She was shorter than Kili, though her presence spoke of someone much, much larger. Her demeanor was steely, and her voice was surprisingly high.

"Rejoice," the girl said, acting as if she hasn't just emerged from a maelstrom of magical energy. She crossed her arms. "You have summoned the strongest hero...if you are my master."

#4 Pastor ćhoi, Oct 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Bucket of Rainbows Bucket of Rainbows x 1
  5. Master of Archer
    Setting: The Beach
    Time: 6:21 p.m.

He wakes up to the sound of the waves reaching the beach. There was a faint sound of seagulls crying.
    “…” Still lying in the sand a little ways off from the shore where the ocean waves wouldn't hit him, Luca looked out towards the horizon, his hands behind his head. The clear blue sky that he remembered being under only moments before was now a yellowish orange. The sun was setting. By the time he would walk back home, it’d be in the evening. He would have to summon his servant shortly. I guess it’s time to go. Luca was about to get up when he heard panting nearby. Seeing something move from the corner of his eye, Luca turned his head. It was a shaggy haired dog. The dog was very friendly as it approached him. Smiling, Luca patted its head once it was within reach. He liked animals, dogs more so than cats. They were generally friendlier. Its fur was wet as he pet it, it was probably playing around near the waves. The dog looked up at him, its tail wagging. As he pet it, a thought crossed his mind. Maybe it would be better for him to use the animal’s blood for the summoning. He had the vials of mercury for the circle, but he could always save those for something else. Luca's thoughts are suddenly interrupted as the dog shakes the wetness off of its body with Luca bracing his hands up in front of him in reflex. Once the dog was done pelting him with water, Luca chuckled. He liked the dog. A jogger approached them and he realized that the man was the dog's owner. Noticing that the child was a foreigner, the man said nothing as he smiled at Luca and bowed his head slightly. Luca smiled back at him in response. The man was nice enough to let Luca pet the dog for a little bit before Luca had to go home.

Setting: Watta Apartment Complex
    Time: 7:11 p.m.

The apartment was dark and quiet when Luca returned. As he stepped into his apartment, the sand that clung to his clothes after a day at the beach fell onto the wooden floor as he moved. Ignoring the small mess, Luca turned on the light for the small entrance before passing through the kitchen area to reach the door to Teresa’s study. Walking through his apartment only took a matter of seconds since Japanese homes were generally rather small. He knew that they were designed to be compact and efficient, but he wasn’t fond of small spaces. Looking back on how things ended up with Teresa, he wondered if she felt the same. Flipping the light switch, Luca stepped into Teresa’s study. It was the largest room in their apartment and it was there that he would have space to summon his servant.

First, I have to draw the magic circle.

Taking out the vials of mercury from a drawer in Teresa’s desk, Luca started to draw the magic circle in the middle of the room just as he had been taught to. The mercury spilled out of the vial as he created the shapes on the floor. His masters from the Yggdmillenia family told him that any mistakes while drawing the magic circle could greatly impact the summoning process itself. But Luca wasn’t too worried about it. The Yggdmillenias made sure that he had plenty of practice. Drawing the circle over and over again was a monotonous task. He was glad that this was the last time that he would have to do it.

There.

Placing the empty vials briefly on the desk, Luca turned back towards the magic circle on the floor. His eyes darted back and forth as he looked over his handiwork, making sure that there weren’t any mistakes. All of the drawn lines were in place. Satisfied, Luca moved himself to the middle of circle. It’s said that participants often use special relics to summon their servant. But Luca wasn’t given one. He heard that the Yggdmillenias searched hard for the bones of a national hero in an unmarked tombstone, but their efforts were in vain. As they proceeded to search for different artifacts throughout Europe, they realized that such items were hard to come by. But in retrospect, they were only to blame for coming so late to the game. The Tohsakas, Einzbern and the Makiris tried to attain the holy grail from the very beginning, so it wouldn't be a suprise if they had a whole collection of artifacts for summoning servants. The Yggdmillenias weren't even interested in the grail until sometime after the fifth holy grail war, when they realized that their family was falling apart.

Luca glanced over at the clock on the wall. It was almost eight o'clock. He tightened his fist, determined. Let’s begin.

“…Silver and iron to the origin."

The heaviness in his voice lays bare his true age.

“Gem and the archduke of pacts to the foundation.

Let the gates in four directions close, rising above the crown, and let the three-forked road leading to the kingdom rotate.”

“Shut (fill).” One. Shut (fill).” Two.

The homunculus repeats the word three more times.

“Five perfections for each repetition.

And now, let the filled sigils be annihilated in my stead.

—Set.”

Air passes through him as the magic circle is slowly activated. It was working.

His magic circuits are open.
    The great surge of magical energy flooding his artificial nerves reminds him that he isn’t human. There’s a slight prickling sensation in his chest as Teresa’s magic circuits try to adapt themselves to the rest of his body. In case either of them died during the war, the two of them were taught to recover the magic circuits from the body of the other when possible. The magic circuits that he had taken from Teresa’s body after her passing were working well with his own.

Power flows out from his body and his face is illuminated in blue by the glowing magic circle below.

“…I announce.”

“Thy body shall be under my command, my fate shall be determined by thy sword.
    If thou submittest to the call of the Holy Grail and if thou wilt obey this will and reason, then answer my summoning.”

The fifth element presents itself. His crimson eyes gazes upon it, fearless.

“- I make my oath here."

"I am the person who is to become the virtue of all Heaven.
    I am that person who is covered with the evil of all Hades.”

The floor felt as if it was shaking.

He was going to grab a strong card, he could just feel it.

Smiling to himself, he voices the last words.

O keeper of the balance—!”

#5 Mosaic, Oct 29, 2014
  6. Setting: Fuyukiyama Shrine - Mount Enzou, Fuyuki City
    Time: 9:00 PM

"There, that should do it" uttered Taka as he placed the last of his dogū statues around the magic circle he had drawn on the wooden floor. A look of admiration was on his face as he looked at the perfect Peach Blossom Garden formation he had created using his dogū and talismans to make sure that the levels of prana in the surroundings would remain on optimal levels during the Servant summoning process. Taka couldn't contain his excitement after hearing from the Kurosawa clan master that the dawn of the 7th Holy Grail war was fast approaching. He has been busy all week making the necessary preparations to summon the ideal ally for the upcoming battle, said preparations included securing Fuyukiyama Shrine. Subduing the Kannushi and the shrine maidens were simple enough thanks to a simple sleeping curse, allowing him free movement in the shrine during nighttime.

Taka walked over to his bag and retrieved the piece de resistance to the ritual he was about to perform. He fished out a small wooden box within its confines which was almost completely covered in paper talismans. He placed the box on the floor, clapped twice, bowed twice, and then clapped once to pay respect to the kami that resided inside the object. With that done, he carefully removed the talismans that covered the box before removing the lid to reveal its content. Inside the silk lined box was a piece of splintered wood a pentagram of sorts carved into it. The piece of wood was painted a red hue on the side with the pentagram, indicating that it must have been part of a structure once. With this, I'll be able to summon the ultimate Servant. Taka carefully took the crumbling piece of wood out of the box and placed it in the middle of the magic circle, completing the formation. Alright, let's do this.

The onmyoji produced a ceremonial knife from the confines of his jacket, a trinket given to him by the clan master. He made a clean cut on his middle finger to draw blood and allowed the red liquid to drip into the magic circle. Taka took a deep breath to calm his nerves and organize his thoughts and then proceeded to chant the Servant summoning spell.

Silver and iron to the origin. Gem and the archduke of contracts to the cornerstone. The ancestor is my great master Schweinorg.

The alighted wind becomes a wall. The gates in the four directions close, coming from the crown, the three-forked road that leads to the kingdom circulate.

—Set.
    If thou submittest to the call of the Holy Grail and if thou wilt obey this will and reason, then answer my summoning!"

The placid temple suddenly came to life as Taka recited the incantation. The wind inside the building churned and heat bubbled up under Taka's feet. The dogū statues shook ever so slightly as they released the prana stored inside of them and into the magic circle which started to emit a faint red glow. The young man could feel the energy coursing through his open wound, slowly trickling into the pentagram like his blood.

"—I make my oath here.
    "O keeper of the balance—!"

After speaking the last syllable of the chant, the ofuda he had placed around the magic circle burst into flames, indicating that they could no longer restrain the prana from leaking out of the building. Taka knew that they have already served their purpose though as the glowing globules of prana converged to take on a vaguely human form. His heart raced with excitement, eager to meet the Heroic Spirit he had just summoned. The onmyoji was confident that he had summoned the greatest Onmyodo to have ever existed, Abe no Seimei. To be able to meet the paragon of his craft was an honor beyond his wildest imagination.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luca's Apartment

An ethereal energy swirled around the circle that was upon the boy's floor. A sharp wind cut into the room, swirling about and knocking the vials that were upon the desk to the ground and throwing various objects about the room. All of a sudden, the wind then stopped. It was nearly over. A cool blue light erupted forth from the middle of the circle, illuminating the room with it's beautiful glare. The room also began to cool down as well, to the point where one would be wanting a winter jacket. The first body part that came out of the circle was the head, followed by the neck, shoulders, arms, and everything else beneath. Upon the girls back was a old looking rifle, but it disappeared from her back within a few seconds. She took in a deep breath of air, held it, and let it out before combing a hand through her silver hair. Her attire was not of this day and age. Her body was adorned with a brown jacket that was tied at her waistline. The white scarf around her neck fluttered around as energy still fluctuated from the circle for another minute.

Done.

Once it was over, the Archer looked over to the boy standing before her. She squinted, examining him before looking down to the floor beneath her feet. She put both hands on her hips before looking to the side, giving off a rather heroic looking pose as her hair flew from the movement.

"You're very privileged to have me as your servant... if you are the one that summoned me."

8. Master of Archer

[​IMG]

Time: 8:03 p.m.

“Wow.” Was the first word that escaped the young man’s lips as the servant suddenly appeared before him in a gust of wind.

Dressed in a brown jacket with a white scarf that fluttered slightly from the magic circle’s now gentler breeze, the woman standing in front of him certainly was otherworldly. As he analyzed her, he noticed how overpowering the prana emanating from her was. Luca could feel himself suddenly welling up with excitement. This was a servant, proof that affirmed the Holy Grail’s great power. The servant looked rather heroic as she posed in front of him. Luca smiled. He liked her already. Folding his hands behind his back, he craned his neck a little bit as he curiously observed the servant from top to bottom as if she were a statue. Aside from her strange attire, she looked like a normal human…and she seemed to have a mind of her own. Luca couldn’t help but be amazed by this miracle. The Yggdmillenia certainly said that servants were different from normal familiars, but he didn't know that they would be this different. Knowing that the servant was probably waiting for him to speak, he smiled up at her.

“Yup, I’m your master.” He said cheerfully, his voice as childlike as his appearance. Come to think of it, what servant class was she? “So,” Luca tilted his head curiously as he looked up at her intently. “What servant class are you?”

#8 Mosaic, Oct 29, 2014
  9. Luca's Apartment

"Archer. I have quite a bit of skill when it comes to hitting things from far away... just ask the Soviets..."

She puffed out a sigh before looking around the apartment. In her eyes it seemed pretty bland, but she could get used to it in some time. Now it was time for the first order of business. The Archer moved from the circle to sit on the couch behind her. She put a finger to her lips and looked to the ceiling, contemplating a few things before moving to the clock that was upon the wall. She examined the time for a moment before finally turning her attention back to her master.

"What exactly is your name master? And also, can you please tell me what date it is and what has been happening recently in the world? I need to know as much as I can about this world in order to take advantage of everything."

10. [​IMG]
    The prana in the circle took shape, first molding it into an outstretched hand at an angle with the arm to follow, kind of an unusual and slightly uncomfortable position. The arm had a brown jacket sleeve, high class material if a bit out of fashion. After that was the moustache of infamy and the rest. His eyes lit up and he gave an insane but enchanting smile. However indifferent, ignorant, or even repulsed anyone might be, it commanded their attention. The berserker looked around the room with relative disgust, his eyes eventually falling upon what he assumed to be his master who was most obviously not of the Aryan race. Such a pity. He would have to find a champion fitting to work with. He supposed it could have been worse. Japan had been a loyal if rather stupid ally, pushing their own agenda and picking a fight with the United States that could have been long delayed till Europe was under their complete control. But that was in the past. At least it wasn't a filthy Jew. That would have been the worst and he probably would have had to kill him to go in search of a new master.

"Du bist mein master?"

11. Master of Rider, purple
    Setting: Killala's Apartment
    Time: 7:14pm
    Nearby: None
    ~~~~~~~~~

Kil expected some magical effects to happen with the summon, but she was unprepared for the magnitude of whoever she summoned, the loud noises made Kil cover her ears 'Gah, glad I soundproofed the room, but that wont do much good with all this rumbling...' When the noise stopped Kil thought it was over, but just her luck all the bloody lights popped in her apartment causing her to jump in surprise falling back on her butt as a ominous darkness started to form in the circle. Gulping in anticipation a bead of sweat runs down her temple 'What the hell did I summon??' Just when she thought some evil Beserker the size of a house would jump out of the darkness, it all faded. But instead of some monster, a little blonde girl stood in the circles center.

All Killala could do was blink, utterly stunned as she listened to the girls words with a dumbfounded expression. Her mouth opened but closed before speaking a word, this happened a few times within 30 seconds before Kil suddenly shakes her head trying to clear it. Jumping up from her place on the floor with surprising agility, she looks down at the blonde servant she summoned her magenta eyes disbelieving 'I summoned a little girl?!' Sighing in defeat Kil puts her hand to her face in a semi-facepalm.

"Of course I summon a little girl as my servant....My luck just never runs out huh?" She mutters to herself before looking down once more at Rider. "What class are you? How is someone your age even here?" She asks with genuine curiosity, tho her words may sound harsh her tone was actually soft

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vrooooooom, silver
    The girl gave her a tired, withering look that suggested that she had encountered this specific form of belittlement a billion times in her own life and, in post-death, just couldn't muster the sufficient amount of annoyance to dignify it with an angry response. She simply passed her master, pouncing onto the bed, testing its springs: Poor quality, lousy fabric, not king-sized. She looked up at the walls: cheap paint, unlaminated wood.

She was summoned into the house of a pauper, a commoner. A minor setback for a spirit of her caliber, certainly, but she really wanted the einzberns for a number of reasons, one of which included a castle befitting her stature.

"I am rider," the rider formerly known as the girl finally said. "and we need to set some ground rules."

She tossed the pillow, the bolster and the stuffed toys off the bed, before getting to her feet on it, wobbling a little at the poor craftsmanship of this commoner's bed: her temporary podium.

"Rule number 1 - You will call me Ma'am at all times. No 'rider', no 'servant', no 'girl'. Ma'am. Sir will suffice as well. Rule number 2 -hey listen-," she snapped her fingers in Kili's face. "Henceforth, I will not call you master. You are free to choose a designation of your choice. I recommend: girl. Rule number 3 - you get my identity when you get my identity. Don't pry. Rule number 4 - I'm here to make war, girl, and nothing else. I am not a maid. I am not a matchmaker. I am not a superpowered fixer for your mundane problems, and my mount is not a joyride. Rule number 5 - You decide the battles, but I rule by my own tactics." She then hopped off, going straight up into Kili's face, which would have been much, much more intimidating if she were 5 inches taller. "ARE WE CLEAR, GIRL?"

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Vivianne Lucille Aufort
    Setting: Lucille's Apartment; Lucille's Bedroom
    Time: 1:00 am

Lucille clutched her silver beads in her left hand as she looked at the display in front of her. The magic circle was drawn correctly on her wooden floor, the relic was prepared in the middle of the circle, the dagger was on standby and it was late so her neighbors won't complain about possible noise. Everything was ideal. "Parfait." Lucille spoke. Parfait was French for perfect.

Lucille held out her hand above the circles which held the silver beads. She closed her eyes and started to concentrate on the summoning ritual. The silver beads started to provide the necessary prana, the powerful air flowed through her hair, and the magic circle started to glow a vibrant blue color. The more she focused, the brighter it glowed. As soon as she felt ready, Lucille started to chant.

—Set.

The circle lit up a dull red and began to spark. It was right about then that Rayne realized that she didn't have a knife on her or something to make a clean cut. Somehow the idea of biting her finger and spitting in the circle seemed like it would end up failing the summon at best, summoning something that would get offended and kill her at worst. She couldn't even stop the chant now since if she did it would certainly fail, leaving no choice but to fumble for her katana in the dark room while continuing reciting the lines."

Lucille opened her eyes and took a hold of the dagger that was on standby. She used the dagger to slice across her palm that held the silver beads that now disappeared. After cutting it, she put her hand above the circle and tightened her fist to make the blood drip out quicker.

"—I make my oath here.
    O keeper of the balance!
    "

The ritual concluded with the last words.

#13 RareSecret, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  14. S A B E R, #3366ff
    The circle used for summoning one of the servants for the Holy Grail war started to emanate when prana showed up around the symbol on the ground. Pulsing in the color blue, the essence of the prana literally screamed out, before it slowly calmed itself. However, that was not the case, the symbol, the circle kept on pulsing, as the essence, or the energy from the prana changed in color. This time, black essence started to flow out, in the same way as the blue, as the prana mixed itself, and became a combination of both blue and black energy, the room started to vibrate. It was as if the prana, the energy had a will of its own.

The symbol was now pulsing in not only blue, but also in black, constantly changing back and forth. A few seconds later, the energy settled down, only to follow up with a bright blue light as it once again gushed out, touching the ceiling of the apartment. Anyone close to such energy would have to cover their eyes, the blue light was extremely bright. Moments later, the energy dissolved, turning into smoke. Most of the blue energy was like snowflakes, slowly falling down, while pulsing in the color blue, almost like a firefly.

The sound, the energy, it had all settled down. The smoke was slowly dissipating, and a simple sneak peek could be done, as his shoulder was revealed. A small part of his unique black-silver forged armor was revealed. His sword was literally pulsing as it was enveloped in both blue and black energy, seemingly prana. As the rest of the smoke slowly disappeared, his white hair, his crimson eyes were revealed. The swords tip was touching the floor in the apartment, with both his hands on top of one another, only to be supported by the hilt of his wide and long sword. Standing there in a knightly position, his entire armor was finally revealed. A unique material, to the color of red, similar to a gem was carved right into its center. A small red waist-down cape was shown, though it's length was to that of his knees. They were a part of the sacred armor.

Silence echoed around the apartment, as he grasped the situation before him. Scanning the area, before his crimson eyes locked themselves on the female before him. His eyes narrowed down, as he stood there, silent for a few seconds. A moment later, he decided to speak up. "I ask you..." His deep, but strong and noble voice echoed around the room. "Are you my Master?"

#14 Akashi, Oct 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Something was terribly wrong here. The clothing that his Servant wore looked nothing like that of a Heian period regalia. There was not a single lock of Nuregarasu in the servant's head as it was full of dull black hair cut in a rather outdated hairstyle. Taka didn't need to use the clairvoyance granted by the holy grail to identify his Servant's, the mustache and the swastika emblem in his Servant's uniform clearly identified who he had just summoned. The onmyoji reflected on the summoning ritual he performed and the extensive preparation he had done beforehand, trying to assess what he did wrong. I don't understand. I've done everything I could to make sure that the ideal Servant would be summoned for me. So then, why--?

His thoughts were interrupted when his Servant spoke up, asking him a question in German which further cemented the familiar's identity. The Servant's voice was strong and intimating but also strangely captivating. "Yes, I am your Master" replied Taka in a prompt manner. He squinted his eyes and utilized the clairvoyance granted by the grail to check his Servant's combat statistics. "Berserker...?" he thought aloud when he came across the part about his Servant's class. I guess it makes sense. He was indeed a madman, one way or another.

"I am Takahiro Kurosawa but you can call me Taka. Master works just as well." introduced the onmyoji, placing his hands to his sides and bowing shallowly towards his Servant. "How would you like to be addressed?"

He may not be Abe no Seimei but Taka will have to make due with the card that was dealt to him. He must keep his eyes on the ultimate goal which was winning this war and elevating the status of Onmyodo.

• Like Like x 1
  16. "You may address me as Fuhrer or Berserker," the servant replied this time in Japanese to match Taka with confidence though the class title came with a slight tone of displeasure. He had every intention of accepting it if necessary as even he understood some small bit about giving himself away even more but he disliked such a generic title, much less one suited for a ruffian, not a fuhrer. Perhaps if the child had summoned him as Ruler it would have been much more a welcome thing. Ruler fit him much better. Even if he was going to get his hands dirty, he would do it refined and well dressed. He took care to pace about the room and take in his surroundings. The world was much as different place from what it once was. Basic knowledge of the current world flowed into him.

"You seem disappointed," he observed, "I may not be whatever national hero you had in mind but I assure you that you have not been cursed. You have been blessed, granted a servant of the supreme Aryan race. With me, how could you be anything less than victorious? Now, tell me what it is you seek, what sincere wish of yours that drew me to you."

There were very small hints of a few loose marbles in the head of the dictator but they didn't inhibit the power and clarity of his words in the slightest. Albeit slightly arrogant, he was poised and polite.

17. Vivianne Lucille Aufort
    Vivianne Lucille Aufort

The ritual caused an explosion of energy to occur in the room. The light was so bright Lucille had to look away for a moment. When the light died down, Lucille looked in front of her to get a look of her servant. In front of her, was a man with crimson eyes and white hair. He had his sword on the ground and his hands were resting on top of it. His armor looked intimidating but noble at the same time. There was a short while of silence before the servant in front of her started to speak. "I ask you. Are you my Master?"

"Oui." Lucille started but only to realize she was speaking in French again. She cleared her throat before trying to respond again. "Yes. I was the one who completed the ritual and brought you here. That makes me your master." Lucille clarified. "My name is Vivianne Lucille Aufort. I am from the Aufort family hailing from France." Lucille wanted to introduce herself as clearly as possible. Any miscommunication could cause her to lose the war or even worse, her life.

Lucille walked over to one of the pieces of furniture stacked up against the wall and sat on top of it. "Now that you know my name and background, which type of servant are you and what should I call you?"

#17 RareSecret, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Freyja Telesma van Falken, pink

[​IMG]

Setting: Falken Residence, Fuyuki City
    Time: 7: 05 pm

The time of redemption draws near. Soon, she would be given the chance to prove all of them wrong.

Standing at the cellar of a mansion located within the outskirts of Fuyuki City, a pink-haired girl in her late teens was finishing preparations for what could be the first step into bringing her family the honor and recognition it deserves. Those other well-known families... Only treated them as worthless, expendable dogs, never once giving them credit for the work they had done for them in retrieving various artifacts Since the Third Holy Grail War. The well-known families have regarded them as garbage for far too long. Forced to stay in the shadows as the Einzbern, the Makiri and the Tohsakas were basking in the light and getting all the glory. Belittled, discriminated, criticized, oppressed, these were all done to her and all the members of her family. But no longer shall they stand for such humiliation. Now, the Holy Grail War draws near and Freyja was determined to turn this conflict into her family's saving grace.

Freyja devoted her entire life preparing for the Holy Grail War. As such, ever since she was a child, she had already received more than adequate training in combat, superb educational background regarding magic and the knowledge of the procedure regarding the summoning of servants. Since tracing was the only kind of magecraft she could performed, she dedicated her entire training regiment into mastering the craft as much as she can. When she can do conventional tracing, she moved on to train herself for her family's heirloom. It was the symbol of the hopes, prayers and wishes of the Falkens from long ago for the future generation to carry out what they had failed to do in their lifetime.

A day before, she had already stocked all the necessary equipment she's utilize for the summoning ritual, including the relic needed to summon her desired servant. Now all that's left to do is to draw the magic circle and begin the summoning ritual itself.

After pouring the vials of mercury on the floor, she began drawing the magic circle. Because she had practiced this very procedure numerous times beforehand, it felt like drawing this had already become second nature for her. In no time at all, she finished perfectly replicating the magic circle she was taught to do a long time ago. Afterwards, she prepared the relic and began chanting the incantation.

Silver and iron to the origin.

—Set.
    If thou submittest to the call of the Holy Grail and if thou wilt obey this will and reason, then answer my summoning!

By this time, the magic circle had already began emitting a red light that permeated throughout the once dark cellar. She, however, cannot afford to marvel at the flashy display of lights. Such trivial things are insignificant and if she so much as stopped chanting now to gawk at the light show, she might have very well screwed up the summoning process. Thus, she continued chanting.

—I make my oath here.

O keeper of the balance—!

After finishing the incantation, she used a dagger strapped on her waist to make a small incision on her palm. Droplets of blood fell to the magic circle, thus finishing the incantation itself. Now all she had to do was wait for the appearance of her servant. Assuming she did not fail miserably due to some human error on her part in the middle of the procedure. It would bring further shame to her family if she could not participate in the war just because she failed on doing the summoning ritual properly.

#18 Accelerator, Oct 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. S A B E R, #3366ff
    The man in the heavy armor stood there. Looking at the person before him. He almost raised his eyebrow when the young girl uttered something, which was unknown to him. However, as time went by in the apartment, he was able to instinctively adjust to his surroundings. Seconds later, his sword disappeared into the astral plane, as he took a step forward, outside the circle. Making a fist with both his hands, he walked past the girl, moving the curtain to the side, as he gazed outside the apartment window. Things had changed since his lifetime, as he stood there, still for a few moments.

"So a french royalty??" He rhetorically asked. The way his master introduced herself, and represented the Aufort family, sounded like it was an important and a well-known family from the said country. Tilting his head to the side, you could hear the sound of his specially forged armor rustling.

His face was illuminated by the moonlight passing through the window by him. His crimson eyes were locked onto his master. "Your Saber Servant has come in response to your summons..." He stated, before he turned around yet again, looking outside the window, towards the sky.

"Saber is fine..." He spoke up, before he took a quick pause. "You can call me Saber.." He repeated. This was not something he entirely expected, but it happened, and now he was here. 'Soo.. The Grail finally decided to summon me...' He thought to himself.

He knew that the young girl next to him was his master. He could see the command seals on the back of her hand. They were connected, like a King would be with his most trusted knight. Seconds later, he moved away from the window, and scanned the area, not looking directly at his master, just yet.

His eyes moved towards her again, as he decided to be as noble and honorable as possible. He was not the type to belittle his master, or regret what the Holy Grail had chosen for him. His expression was quite serious, he knew exactly what this would bring upon him and his master. However, he spoke up. "My sword will henceforth be at your side.." Before he finished declaring their connection in the upcoming war, he continued, though honorably.

"Your fate is henceforth my fate... The pact is now sealed.." He declared. Saber was quick to acknowledge their relationship.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Assassin, red
    The circle sparked with what seemed like red electricity, the lights in the cellar shattering and the only source of light was the circle. As the noise grew louder, more intense, the color of the sparks turned from a bright red to a shadowy black. The change didn't stop as the black electricity began to form into shadows and began to wrap around the air until legs were seen, as if the shadows were forming the body. Soon the shadows finished, as they swirled around the lightly armored figure standing before her. He wore a helmet, hiding his face and the visor glowing a brilliant red before dimming down and quiet ensued. The man lifted his hand in front of his face, curling it into a fist and then down again.

He was gaining the common knowledge of this world, and what he was focusing on was not his Master but Japan. He let out a low sigh from his helmet and in a flash off dark light, it was removed but he wore the rest of his armor. "My Lady seems to be a young girl, and I was hoping that I would get someone with more...experience." He didn't know about her abilities or any of that, he was just focusing on the age. Anyone could be a powerful mage, but if they had no experience then those skills were useless in the field of battle. He had a tactical mind, though he was an Assassin.

He glanced at his surroundings, noticing that they were in a cellar. He then turned back to the Lady before him. He didn't use the term 'Master' and it was mainly because he hailed from Japan. He then gave a slight bow to her and stood back up. "My Lady, I am Assassin and I shall win you this war and give you the grail. Just leave it to me." He spoke as if he wasn't an Assassin, but that is what he was and that is what History has considered him.

After the pact was finished and the light finally died down. He was concerned about the Grail War, and he saw the relic that she held. He was honestly surprised that not only did she have his relic, she also purposely summoned the Assassin class. "My Lady, I have one question of you already. Why did you purposely summon me and not someone of a higher caliber class?" In retrospect, no one ever summoned Assassin on purpose and he has the common knowledge of the Grail War to known about the other classes that she could of tried to get instead.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.