Fate/Grandiose Delusion

Put up a bare bones post. Sorry, my lovely Servant, I won't be summoning you quite yet~

Put up a bare bones post. Sorry, my lovely Servant, I won't be summoning you quite yet~
I fully understand that you have to seduce the old otaku first, but try not to give him a heart attack all too soon :3

@Raijinslayer

Charles was in his three room penthouse suite, actually on the balcony of it, looking over the city skyline. Surrounding him were a flock of familiars, made of wind but with a Mental Interference spell layered over them to make them appear like birds to anyone who saw them. He sent two to patrol around the light house, five to the wilderness and the mansion, three to the town, and the final two to the mine area. Once that was done, he went back inside, where he had set up several bounded fields to make sure that his privacy was maintained.

Ugh.

I'll give you the BotD on buying a penthouse, sure.

'Kay, so familiars take time to make. So do Bounded Fields. With the exception of the field effect of "lol hide this fight", even a Standard Bounded Field will take in the realm of hours to make. Since Phantom said

For convenience, any prep time is going to be reliant on using phases. How many phases one requires to complete a preparatory action is a case by case basis, and either way you'll be required to PM me about preparations like making Mystic Codes or traps and such.

I'll take that to mean something like making familiars or creating Bounded Fields should be measured in terms of phases. For instance, one phase to make a bounded field. Either way Phantom, please clarify on how many phases a Bounded Field and a Familiar takes to make, so we're clear on that.

Since you didn't app familiars as Mystic Codes, you need to make them, and that takes time.

Next, Charles doesn't know how to make any Bounded Fields besides the normal one, so "several bounded fields" doesn't make sense because he can only make the one with no effects besides detection and mana control. Layering only matters when you can make different ones. You're not Kayneth.

Same applies to familiars. He only knows how to make the general familiars that can't make special ones. Even if he has some other magecraft like Mental interference, you're trying to cross-apply that to a sustained magecraft on the theory of familiars. Since you didn't app him with knowing anything about familiars except the most basic of the basic, that fails.

tl;dr he doesn't have any Bounded Fields or familiars and even if he did they wouldn't be what you want them to be

Oh yeah, also:

He stepped into the bounded field, and after walking a ways in, found his two assistants, Mary and Jane, each holding a camera in their hands pointed towards the summoning circle placed in the middle of the circle.

See what Phantom said earlier about controlling NPCs.

He made a motion, and Jane gave him a lighter,

Yeah this isn't in his equipment, so no.

At least he put up a Bounded Field

Also In my Defense, I never had create a bounded field in my Skillset.

Okay so, for the bounded fields, I'll fix it. Didn't know whether layering helped or not, as for the phase thing, He has been their for a week, and while he didn't set up his network, I thought I said that he had set up the hotel as his Base of operations, going on the assumption that no self respecting magus would have his base without some sort of protection and thus his fields had been set up a while ago. So yeah, that's on me, and if phantom wants me to remove them, I will.

As for the familiars, my knowledge on them was sparse as the only ones I've seen are the one Berserker's master and Caster in FSN, leading me to assume that the look of the familiar depended on the master's magic, and I didn't think It was much of a stretch to have him put a spell on them so people wouldn't look up an say6' what the hell are those things in the sky'. I'll remove the familiar part,as I think finding out Rider's abilities and working out a strategy would be better use of Charles time right now, but what should a familiar look like then, is it up to the imagination or what? Clarification on that point would be appreciated.

As for the NPC's, they are by and large just there to make sure Charles won't just lay inside of his room all day, as well as help him with minor things, like drawing circles for fields, taking care of laundry, stuff like that. They will in no way be apart of any combat or spying, as they have no magic talents and are just their to assist him with day to day living.

The lighter thing, I will leave up to Phantom, as one I don't think it's a big deal and two, he doesn't keep it and, as previously stated, the assistants won't be any where near any field of battle. Besides, I have the sword for the lighting my wind on fire.

I thank you for you criticisms, and will take them to heart, even if i don't agree with you on those last two issues.

Also In my Defense, I never had create a bounded field in my Skillset.
Yeah, you don't have General Magecraft. If you want to be technical then that means he actually can't summon a Servant. Of course I won't be arguing in favor of that, I'm not that mean.

Okay so, for the bounded fields, I'll fix it. Didn't know whether layering helped or not, as for the phase thing, He has been their for a week, and while he didn't set up his network, I thought I said that he had set up the hotel as his Base of operations, going on the assumption that no self respecting magus would have his base without some sort of protection and thus his fields had been set up a while ago. So yeah, that's on me, and if phantom wants me to remove them, I will.
This is a GM preference thing so I won't speak to it further.
As for the familiars, my knowledge on them was sparse as the only ones I've seen are the one Berserker's master and Caster in FSN, leading me to assume that the look of the familiar depended on the master's magic, and I didn't think It was much of a stretch to have him put a spell on them so people wouldn't look up an say6' what the hell are those things in the sky'. I'll remove the familiar part,as I think finding out Rider's abilities and working out a strategy would be better use of Charles time right now, but what should a familiar look like then, is it up to the imagination or what? Clarification on that point would be appreciated.
Ilya can't do magecraft, ufo's been bad mechanically.

The appearance is fine, that's whatever, but making them carry a spell isn't since they're just standard familiars. I don't care what they look like, they just won't have anything short of the ability to see things for Charles.
As for the NPC's, they are by and large just there to make sure Charles won't just lay inside of his room all day, as well as help him with minor things, like drawing circles for fields, taking care of laundry, stuff like that. They will in no way be apart of any combat or spying, as they have no magic talents and are just their to assist him with day to day living.
Creating Magic Circles are a prep time thing, so having help with that means they do affect the flow of the game. Even if it didn't, Phantom said no NPC junk, or at the very least no NPCs unless you PM him prior.
The lighter thing, I will leave up to Phantom, as one I don't think it's a big deal and two, he doesn't keep it and, as previously stated, the assistants won't be any where near any field of battle. Besides, I have the sword for the lighting my wind on fire.
It's just a matter of precedent. If you don't have something on the app and then you act as if it's natural for you to have it, it leads to a slippery slope. That's also a GM preference thing though so meh.

• Thank You
Reactions: Raijinslayer
Alright, thanks. I'll add General Magecraft.

Pre-existing fortifications remove the purpose of prep time costs thoughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............

Getting an NPC to do your laundry or a taxi driver to bring you somewhere or something super inconsequential: K
Getting an NPC to do prep things for you: Not K
Getting NPCs to 1v1 enemies IRL for you/save you deus ex machina style: Deeeeeefinitely not K.
*points at rules*

Besides, you can already light stuff on fire with your sword, and that probably leaves more of an impression than getting someone to light it up for you.

As for the people who app'd money in their CSs, there's nothing stopping you from buying new equipment~
@The Silver Paladin I'll reply to your post tomorrow. I have schoolwork to deal with.

Alright, cool.

And I may stay with Mr Johnson. I haven't decided.

Pre-existing fortifications remove the purpose of prep time costs thoughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............

Getting an NPC to do your laundry or a taxi driver to bring you somewhere or something super inconsequential: K
Getting an NPC to do prep things for you: Not K
Getting NPCs to 1v1 enemies IRL for you/save you deus ex machina style: Deeeeeefinitely not K.

*points at rules*

Besides, you can already light stuff on fire with your sword, and that probably leaves more of an impression than getting someone to light it up for you.

As for the people who app'd money in their CSs, there's nothing stopping you from buying new equipment~
Okay, will remove the pre-existing fields, putting it down to laziness, If you wish, I will also rewrite the summoning thing to make it so that he had drawn the circle, and for the final bit, Using the sword on a ball of grass seems kinda like over kill and unecessary, but if you wish truly wish for me to re-write it that way I will. I will also promise to never do any of the offenses I have done again.

Hey, @Nevvy are you still here? David needs top be summoned.

Of course I am.

Sir Galahad
Knight of God
Gm3dkX7.jpg

(Unmasked)
Class: Shielder
Alternate Classes: Saber, Lancer
Master:
Alignment: Neutral Good
Sex: Male
Height: 171cm
Weight: 74kg
Armament: Armor, Shield, Sword

STR: B
CON: A
AGI: B+
MGI: C
LCK: A+

Class Abilities
■ Magic Resistance: C
Protection against magical effects. Differently from the resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether
Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.
Personal Skills
■ Grail Knight: EX
Denotes one of the few chosen knights to successfully complete the quest to achieve the Holy Grail. A rare skill exclusive to the existence of only two individuals. An incorruptibly pure pureness of body, mind and soul that rejects curses and mental interference.
■ Revelation: A
A Skill equivalent to Instinct, a sixth sense regarding battles; however, "Revelation" accommodates all matters related to the achievement of a goal (for instance, choosing the most suitable path while traveling). Because there is no basis to it (or so thinks Shielder), it cannot be explained to others clearly.
■ Heart of Harmony: B
Prevents any decrease in the effectiveness or accuracy of a technique, regardless of how many times the same technique has been used against the same opponent.
Attacks cannot be perceived by the enemy.
Noble Phantasms
■ Memory of Blood: The Sword of Strange Hangings
Type: Anti-Unit
Range: 1 - 2
Maximum Number of Targets: 1

The holy sword Noble Phantasm favored by the Knight of God. It was discovered and obtained by Shielder upon the final stretch of his journey and provides three blessings if the one wielding it is Sir Galahad. The first blessing is that of the ability to perceive and resolve the current situation in a manner similar to that of Eye of the Mind (True) at a B Rank. The second is a 50% reduction of prana cost required for maintenance of wielder and the use of Noble Phantasms. The third is a reduction of a value of 30 from all unwanted or antagonistic physical or magical interference. Appearance is that of the sword in the character image.

■ Cruciform Arms: Bloodstained Emblem of Knighthood
Type: Anti-Unit
Range: 1
Maximum Number of Targets: 1

A white shield emblazoned with a red cross of blood bequeathed unto Shielder at the beginning of his quest. A Conceptual Weapon that grants an Armor Class of 40, and limited immortality via constant regeneration in a manner similar to that of a certain sheath. However, unlike said sheath, the healing effects of the shield do not extend to those that are not Galahad or his Master. Rather, when an individual not cleared to use the Noble Phantasm bears the shield, it's effect reverses. Instead of healing and defending its user, the shield inflicts any damage it would normally have defended from and curses wounds instead of healing them. In RPG terms, it becomes a shield with negative Armor Class and an effect of turning damage into reduction of maximum HP, like a perverse interpretation of 'maintaining 100% health'. These effects fade upon relinquishing the shield, although wounds inflicted by it will require some sort of healing before being repaired.

Ooo! Very cool!