Fate/Grandiose Delusion

Sure thing, oh grandmaster of Servant creation~
Now now, no need to put words in my mouth~

I just mean if you need 2+ NPs to get a Servant out of being "pathetically useless", there's probably a bit of a problem with the parameters, Personal Skills, and first NP of that Servant, neh?

Personally, I mostly use NPs for flavor. I don't think I've ever actually felt I've needed more than one at most.

Now now, no need to put words in my mouth~

I just mean if you need 2+ NPs to get a Servant out of being "pathetically useless", there's probably a bit of a problem with the parameters, Personal Skills, and first NP of that Servant, neh?
Oh, I'm not saying that you can't wank almost everyone enough with skills and stats alone to make one NP worthwhile, but let's take Bradamante for example.

With one NP you can either give her Trap of Argilia, which isn't great in normal fights cause jousting lance or Rabicano, which is a pathetic mount compared to those of other Riders.

Oh, I'm not saying that you can't wank almost everyone enough with skills and stats alone to make one NP worthwhile, but let's take Bradamante for example.

With one NP you can either give her Trap of Argilia, which isn't great in normal fights cause jousting lance or Rabicano, which is a pathetic mount compared to those of other Riders.
Eh, Argilia's good, it's just situational (like everything Astolfo has).

Rabicano wouldn't be that bad either, depending on how you do it. Considering the gap between an average Servant and an average Phantasmal Beast and whatnot. Either way, I haven't properly read the source stuff so I won't get into details that I don't know.

You don't need overwhelming power to win though, just be able to win a compatibility battle.

But anyway, I'm not the GM so I shouldn't say any more. Feel free to ignore what I'm saying; there are certainly viable counterarguments to what I've said and etc.

Yea Argilia's good, if you manage to land a hit with the pointy end~

And winning is an entirely different matter, because the poor Servants have to watch after their frail Masters if they want to win :P

OP updated with stuff.

@YuriLucien , did you leave us?
@The Silver Paladin , which post is Aaron's most recent CS on?
Question! Is profanity a thing?
Did I respond to this before? Anyway. profanity is indeed a thing.

Rabicano, which is a pathetic mount compared to those of other Riders.
>Implying a mount made of hurricanes and fire is not as metal as two bulls, a three horses, a hippogriff, and a pegasus

Is my French showing yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
My Master is almost done! :3 I'll post her tonight!

Appearance: Will draw soon!
Name: Ryudia Wolf
Servant:
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Height: 5'4"
Hair Color: Silvers and whites in a long braid
Eye Color: Left: Purple, Right: Red
Blood Type: O-
Likes: Fighting, sex, magic, concocting poisons and potions
Dislikes: Boring people, failing, peanut butter, weak competition

Magecraft
Circuit Quality: A
Circuit Quantity: B

Magic Crest has healing properties which work well with her potion and healing crafts.

Skills
Creating poisons
Sex/Natural Sexuality (yeah… XD can gain power through sex)
Can speak English, Japanese, Korean, Russian and French
Physical strength
Puzzle solving
Healing
Potions

Wielding an axe

Equipment:
Belphegor - Magic infused Axe that can cut through just about anything. It's main purpose is for barrier destruction. Also, because of it's magical properties, it weighs light to Ryudia--but only her.
Clothes, lingerie, swimsuit, etc
Couple grand
Smart phone
Laptop
Materials to create poisons (chemicals and natural substances)
Pocket Watch
Chalk

History:
Life with a slightly autistic child wasn't easy for her mother, who eventually gave up and begged her sister to take the child. Her aunt was a nurse and also a well trained mage who specialized in magic that was more similar to Witchcraft. Healing, potions and poisons was Ryudia's main training. When she was about twelve her aunt could no longer teach anything new or challenging, so she met her aunt's mentor who offered to teach the girl further. The training had been intense, but Ryudia's natural sexual pull led to the mentor sexually harassing her and then raping her. The man cast a spell on Ryudia so that she could not inform her aunt. This abuse continued for months until she decided she would not be a victim. Instead of being in fear of the touch, Ryudia found a way to enjoy it and quickly learned how to balance her Qi and Jing. The mentor lost his control over his pupil once she began manipulating the bed. After the third time, he refused to teach her any longer and dropped her as a student. Ryudia has since then been learning what she can on her own.
What she doesn't know about her past is that her mother was raped who had the same sexual pull as she--—there never a real father in the picture.

Wish: She keeps this to herself.

Last edited:
Silver, would you have a cow if I gave David a very contrasting master?

Silver, would you have a cow if I gave David a very contrasting master?
No, if you want to go the way of Tokiomi Tohsaka. XD I kid, I kid.
I'd have to see the master first.

I'm just playing around with ideas atm, honestly. But if I did give him something contrasting, it'd end up borderline lawful evil and a non-magus or low level one.

alright, cool.
You shouldn't do a Mage Hunter, as we have two of those.

Btw, so you know anything Kabbalistic besides create Golems? I figured anything holy would work, like Consecration and stuff.

Non-magus to low level magus doesn't make much of a good mage hunter.

I know there's some amulet stuff. Not my area of expertise, though.

Someone who knows this stuff better, please check me on the nitpicky stuff before I continue typing.

Appearance: (on the left)
tumblr_nj4wmimCWl1srmuhvo5_500_zps21c5f1f0.jpg

Name: Loek Von Wallenstein
Servant: Archer (David, the shepherd)
Alignment: Lawful Evil, more specifically, Orderly Evil because order supersedes law.
Height: 5-11
Hair Color:
Red
Eye Color: Yellow/gold
Blood Type: A+
Likes: Order, hierarchy, domination, and peace (under hierarchy). Loek is very direct and to the point about how he does things, likes showing it, and likes to display his superiority.
Dislikes: Disorder, excuses, inefficiency, and doubt.

Magecraft
Circuit Quality: B
Circuit Quantity: D

Loek had little to no contact with magic until fairly recently. While he possessed more than a reasonable aptitude in it and the extremely focused drive that would have been invaluable to learning it, he was woefully unaware of the existence of the magical world up until he received a rather unexpected mark from the grail a few years prior to the war. He knew nothing of it and probably would not have been a master at all, having not completed the ritual, accidentally or intentionally but his personal drive to excel in all things would not allow him to leave the mark alone. It was a minor thing that he could have gone without delving into but it piqued his interest and reminded him of the ramblings of his grandfather which he had long since dismissed as superstitious flounderings of an old man. After a good bit of delving through the attic, he managed to uncover a bit of old but simple material. Tracing their sources back, he got his foot into the mundane portion of the magical world. With little more than books and sheer effort, he scraped together a reasonable number of basic skills under his belt that he deemed most useful and focused the rest of this time on honing a main weapon to be used. To call him a genius magician would be a farce. To call him a man with a genius level learning curve and drive would be an understatement.

Night-vision: The ability to see in the dark.
Formalcraft: Drawing magic circles and using catalysts to perform rituals.
Basic suggestion: Suggestion using the eyes to make magical energy flow into the targets body. This magical energy is stagnant.
Basic Bounded Fields: Intruder alert, Soundproofing, Taking control of the mana in area.
Basic Bounded Field Removal: Removal of intruder alert, soundproofing, and taking in the mana in the area.
Geis: Officially a type of curse of coercion. Basically makes someone do what you want them to do unless that action threatens their life. A black magic.
Contracting: Making a contract with something. Only for the servant summoning ritual.
Reinforcement: Increasing one's own physical abilities (he only learned how to enhance himself but does it reasonably quickly and effectively.)

Loek's origin is domination. He has no long magical background to speak of so he took the time he had to hone a single skill: turning basic suggestion into an actual weapon that hinders and chokes them, interrupting their natural flow. If it wasn't obvious enough, this is aimed at hindering movement and interrupting casting.

Skills

Loek is a practitioner of a few martial arts, some of which vastly helped to facilitate his learning of magic. They include karate, sambo, and German fencing.

Military training: A U.S. army ranger before, a Major now, Loek is well versed in all basic military training and a bit beyond that too, including basic hand to hand combat (which falls short of his martial arts background), marksmanship, driving, flying, commanding soldiers, small scale strategy, stealth, wilderness survival, etc.

Loek is a very well read individual spanning over a number of subjects which include psychology, chemistry with a tilt towards poisons and explosives, physics, literature (specifically European literature), and historic tactics. All of these are a general spread, considerable but without any specific hardcore digging.

Equipment:
A pair of army combat knives.
A ballpoint pen
A standard pocketknife
A standard grenade
A sleeve dart on his right wrist. The darts are tipped with aconite. It is triggered by a string in the sleeve.
His wallet. Standard cards, varying amounts of cash, usually around the 70 dollar range.
His first purchased mystic code, a basic gold band ring worn on his left hand. It emits a medium to low level standard magical barrier, a skill which he lacks.
His second purchased mystic code, a combat knife not unlike the pair he normally uses. This one operates in a manner similar to an Azoth dagger.
A cell phone
A watch

The following he has at the apartment he'll be staying at for the duration of the war.

A land line phone
Everything you'd expect in an apartment.
The magic books from his grandfather's attic plus the ones he purchased in the last a few years.
Materials to rearm himself/make more of anything he uses.
A laptop. If he has his briefcase, he'll have this too.
Thermal and infra red binoculars.
A caller tracing device.

Hidden surveillance cameras set up around his apartment.

History: While Loek was unaware of it, he was a descendent of a rather minor magical family, particularly of the scubby kind that had one person manage to pick up a few tricks from an actual magus and pass it on for a bit till there were a couple generations in a row that regarded it as the ramblings of a crazy old fool. Loek was among those, opting to ignore the little parlor tricks and such up until he was given reason to recall and reconsider them. Prior to that, he lived a very normal human life with a focus on his military career. He was ruthlessly efficient in his workings and operated equally well as a regular soldier. To him, it was a matter of excelling in all things and his choice to join the grail war when it appeared was for a reason no different. After receiving the mark and doing a little digging, he got his foot into the door of the magical side of the world and began rigorously preparing from scratch. To have even made it this far in such a short time is a feat in itself.
Wish:
He may choose a wish at some point but at the end of the day, he joined for the purpose of winning, not so much for a particular wish.

Last edited:
He seems Assassin's Creed Templarish. It's a cool idea, but I feel like he couldn't support David.

It's an Archer class thing.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but David can be like "Yo Mastah, you're a cool dude and all but I'mma not use ur prana, mmk?"

It's an Archer class thing.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but David can be like "Yo Mastah, you're a cool dude and all but I'mma not use ur prana, mmk?"
Oh yeah! David does have Independent Action!

Archers are easier to support than the other classes, but they're still bound to the Mastah and whatnot. But yeah, they can just not connect themselves to the Master's prana supply, though they still need to be connected to the Master through the contract because rules of the world and stuff.

Besides, BxD circuits aren't like, bad or anything. It's average-ish. Which is good, since everyone and their mother has been apping AxA all over the place so it's nice to see some distinction. Either way he won't be "unable to support a Servant", it's nowhere near that bad.

Unless David starts spamming NPs all day, that is. I don't recommend that.