Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Mecha, Superhero, Anime, Adventure, Magical
Chapter 0 - Critical Mission Failure - Deploy Second Team!

====

Time: 3:50 - Location Chaldea HQ - Alps Mountains

=====

OOC Link:
OPEN SIGNUPS - Fate/Grand Order - Worlds Made of Glass - OOC
====
Chapters:

====

[Youtube]

It all started as a standard day in the middle of a cold afternoon in the Alps Mountains where the group of mages known as The Chaldea Security Organization who keep the peace in the history of time. This time, and all alternatives that would cause havoc in the grand scheme of the universe. With the Great Grail, and the Lower Grail often falling into the hands of people who do not deserve them it is possible for time itself to be displaced because of that. Or simply perhaps because the time lines failed to reach a predestined conclusion. Some alternatives were accepted Altria Pendragon not fading away into non existence after the Fuyuki War. Or possible failures of people like Shirou Emiya to end a conflict properly leading to other victories. Some of those were predetermined time lines that were possibilities. Some possibilities that were not accounted for such as an unaccounted for servant. Or a leak of the mysterious essence known as 'All the World's Evil' which typically surrounded the Avenger Class.

It was typical for Chaldea to send agents off to different times using the Coffin: Spiritron Chassis which allowed them to go back towards the past, or alternative relatives in order to stop these events from happening. The process known as Rayshift was the technique used to do so. It was today that Team A consisting of Scipio Africanus summoned by Keiji Togami, Mitsuhide Akechi summoned by Miranda Einzbern, Zhao Yun summoned by Blake Bell, and Helena Blavatsky summoned by Judai Adachi once more stepped into the fold. Togami being a powerful mage with an equally powerful servant led the group, as per the usual, into a issue with the Fuyuki Grail War in an alternative timeline. A strange reading had occurred and it needed to be dealt with immediately...that was a full day ago. It was not the usual the group to loose contact with the station. Director Orson had been quite tight lipped about the whole situation but now things were starting too look bleak.

Chaldea Staff on the other hand were on par with their usual assignments of keeping eyes on the rayshift machines, and the other machines that monitored the world. Some of them vastly improved thanks to the genius of the knowledge of a Caster known as Archimedes whom was known for his famous inventions. Despite the vanishing act that had befallen the first team everything was rather quiet as the other teams went about their duties separately. This day was different. Director Orson had ordered the Team to meet them at the Global Environment Model "CHALDEAS". It was where the world itself was usually monitored since it contained the soul of the world.

====

Leon had been training in the testing facilities since he woke up. His team had not been needed to be assembled for a while. Usually given assignments when Team 1 had already had their duties filled up he was more often than not given difficult but not extreme assignments. He remembered his first mission was to simply put down a few mages that were plotting to overthrow the order of the Fuyuki Grail War. The servant summoned by their team at the time, Andrew Jackson, had made quick work of them. Since then Jackson had joined Team C somewhere in Scandinavian, and his old friends had either died, or transferred leaving him to be in charge of B Team by default. There were still a few people he recognized here, and there but he didn't really know them all too well. Ever since leaving America a few years back he had been in charge of his own life and he vastly preferred it to his father hovering over him. He found the work more gratifying than simple dueling. Leon needed to make a living as a mage so why not as a protector of Earth? It was not fancy work, and it didn't get him any fame with the average person but it just worked for him.

Of course he couldn't stay training all day by himself he wondered what Orson could want. He was a coarse, rough, and deathly serious man but he was honest, and respectful of people as long as they did not act out. As a Director he lacked charisma but made up for it in a clear talent for leading people in dangerous situations. He wondered what Orson had been like when he was younger? Was he always this stuffy? It was possible but he simply failed to ever remember a time where he saw the director smile from a joke. It may have been better that way better to act as a strong pillar than a goofy fool. He had to command respect from his troops.

Those were the simple thoughts on Leon's mind as he made his way out of the training rooms. He was still hot so he kept his white pristine Chaldea uniform unbuttoned. It was cool, but not humid in the halls of Chaldea. It made up for the fact that the climate was kept under good control by the staff here. Still he wondered if it was unprofessional as the boss of his team he had to make a good impression. He'd make a mental note to button up before getting to see Director Archibald. He did wonder where his team was exactly and hoped they would make it on time.

Getting called by the Director so soon was something Haadran had not expected. He was still getting accustomed to the halls of the Chaldea HQ - even though this was something like his third month already, spending that long in a single place was something Haadran had not done for quite some time. At least he was no longer getting lost like in the first few days.

The place was truly impressive, and the technology at work was a feat to behold, especially given how so many magi he'd met on his travels could be such luddites at times. While it was not his place to judge, he sometimes felt that attitude was archaic and actively working against magi's interests at times. Not that it was his problem, truth be told - if the Clock Tower and its devotees wanted to hamper their own efforts, he was in no hurry to correct them. Atlas on the other hand...

Making sure to wear his uniform for such an occasion, he slipped his rings into his pockets and his hands after them. A final check in the room's mirror, and Haadran left his assigned quarters, where he'd spent some time after midday, working on pushing new boundaries with the Fields, trying to reach that unreachable ideal of a man. Come to think of it, some time had passed since he'd last caught news of the great master. He'd gone to Japan for some kind of project, but he was never really able to find out where. Something to rectify at a later point. First, however, there was a meeting to attend to.

"...98, 99, 100!" Sabrina shouted as she completed her final set push-ups. She dropped to the floor and rolled onto her back. She panted as she slowly regained her breath and sat up on her room floor. "Damn, I've haven't worked out in awhile. I've gotten lazy again, at least merc work kept in shape." She stood up from the cold, white, carpetless floor in her room and undid her blonde hair that was tied in a bundle and let drop down to her lower back. She looked towards the clock to check the time and noticed she had 35 minutes left until she needed to report to CHALDEAS. She lifted her armpits and smelt her scent, it wasn't pleasant. "I better wash up before I meet up with my team."

After her bath, Sabrina quickly got dressed into her Chaldea uniform. It was similar to men's uniform but instead of a pair of pants she had a modest skirt instead. She did her hair and used hair clips to two ponytails, one on each side of her head. Sabrina than left her room, taking her time as she walked, showing she was in no rush to reach CHALDEAS. Sabrina had worked for Chaldea for about 18 months now and has come to like the job. It was the first time she had a stable job with benefits and decent salary pay. They even gave her own room, which was smaller than the cabin she uses to sleep in with her father but 10x better.

Memories of her time living in Africa returned to Sabrina. The miserable weather condition her father put her through, the amount of blood accumulated on her hands and the screams of her victims ringing through her ears. It was strange, she remembered the face of every person she killed yet feeling of remorse or regret never accompanied them. She was long past that, ever since her first dozen kills. Life as a mercenary wasn't fun and you had few friends who were really just your contacts. That was life for a long time and the only reason she was with Chaldea, she was good mercenary after all.

Sabrina arrived at CHALDEAS with a look of indifference on her face. She would patiently wait for someone to brief her.

@Blighted_Agent

As Leon began to make his way through the corridors he wondered how long it would take for his team to meet him there. He expected Sabrina to take longer she wasn't one to particularly rush things like he was. Thus he put a mental note to send her a reminder message once he got to CHALDEAS. However surprisingly he ran into a man he hadn't seen before wearing the colors of his team. But he wasn't all to familiar with him even after reading the dossier given to him by the higher up brass. Leon still wasn't comfortable being called a leader but he knew what he would need to do in order to make himself shine even at his young age. He walked up to Haadran and tapped him on the shoulder, "Hey there you're Haadran right? I'm your Captain, well rather Team 2's Captain in general, My name is Leon Winchester it is nice to meet you finally. Sorry I should've done it sooner but I didn't want to seem like I was being pushy. It takes time to adjust to living here." Leon said to the elder man as he took to walking by the man's side.

====

@Cush Almighty

It was once Sabrina was inside did she see a particularly important individual, Director Orson, whom was standing in the middle of the hallway leading up to the giant blue globe with his back to them, and the door. He was in his standard outfit he wore a long white cape with a white shirt. His hands were covered in black gloves, and his boots matched them. He also tended to wear black, or white pants to match the uniform. His graying slicked back tan hair meshed well with his uniform. He seemed really tense despite all of this but kept quiet not even paying attention to the fact that someone had entered.

A man, or rather the legendary scientist, who stood before them looked at Sabrina with a dull tone. "How unusual...You're not late for once Sabrina." commented the individual in front of them as he folded his arms and waited for a response. He was clearly frustrated but he was trying to keep calm. He gave a sigh as he looked around to see a rather lack of something. "So you left your team in the dust? This is a first still better sooner than later. Director Orson is not in a good mood, and with good reason." the man said he was none other than, Archimedes. He held Sabrina in a rather distasteful light seeing her as unprofessional at times. But he never was outright hostile to Sabrina. "Give it time I'm sure your captain will arrive soon enough."
===

Archimedes's outfit/Appearance:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...Extella.png/revision/latest?cb=20160912100236

Haadran was pleasantly surprised to be joined by a younger man. He was sure they hadn't met in person before, but Haadran had been briefed about him when he had finally joined a team in Chaldea. Leon Winchester, he'd read, and so had the man introduced himself just now. He seemed like a pleasant enough fellow. The young prodigy type, Haadran could tell; it wasn't the first time he'd met one. Haadran, remembering he was an American, offered a hand to shake as the two were walking, saying,

"Haadran indeed. Or Heat, if you prefer. Pleasure to meet you, son, or shall I say, Leader? Captain? Commander? Boss? I'm not sure which is more to your liking. As you say, takes time. I'm just glad I'm not getting lost anymore."

Leon took the man's hand in his own and shook it firmly. He was strong enough to prove that even at his age his grip strength was pretty solid. First impressions in some cases come by way of handshakes so Leon liked to make a statement rather than keep it as a simple greeting. "Preferably Captain Leon, or just Leon when off duty. I'm not one for high maintenance unless it's called for. I'm a little too young to be hazy a guy twice my age. Still nice to meet you Mister Heat Chaldea is a place where mages come to save the future...or rather the past. Togami is usually in charge of setting everything straight. I'm just the guy leading the back up most of the time. Still I would like to think I'm not useless I was trained since I was little to fight, and beat people. I don't particularly enjoy hurting others but if it calls for it well...it's our job." Leon told Heat preferring that name to the foreign sounding one. It wasn't easy for Leon to speak other languages other than English. Orson was a polygot which made Leon a bit uncomfortable at times. "The world's a dark place and judging from what I read up on you, you can understand what I'm saying, or at least the jest. Have you met any of the heroic spirits yet? Mitsuhide is a bit prudish at times but he's a good man down inside. Scipio is a bit much though...he never quite got over destroying Cathage. If not it's probably got something to do with their missions. Togami runs a hardshift." Leon admitted the Japanese boy did all he could to overwhelm the problem at hand with peak efficiency he almost never needed help. "Don't worry I may look young to you but I'm as capable a Captain as any."

Last edited:
Director Orson stood with his back turned to Sabrina and his eyes on the giant blue orb that took the shape of Earth. He didn't take notice of Sabrina as she entered or spoke. He was busy, focus on something more important than herself. He would acknowledge her when he was good and ready. There was another person in the room, a servant actually, his name Archimedes, famed inventor of ancient Greece.

He commented on Sabrina arriving on time in which she could only smile at. "I might say the same myself Archi, you started talking to me first after all." Archi was a nickname she came up for Archimedes when she kid. Nicknaming historical figures was something she always did and she was Archi didn't like his nickname either. Sabrina looked around and noticed no one on B team was present. "Come on, Did I really come early?" She sighed. Archimedes also mention the mood of Orson which explains why he didn't say anything to her when she entered. "Bad mood? Some cake might perk him up, works fr me every time. If you ever want to get on my good side Archi, best do it through sweets." She knew that would cheer a man like Orson up. She only said that because hadn't eaten since she woke up and already hunger again.

"Give it time I'm sure your captain will arrive soon enough." Archimedes told her calmly though failing to hide his annoyance. Sabrina shook her head and stood at attention with her hands cupped behind her back. "I'll be patient then, just don't expect me to be the early bird ever again."

Good grip strength, good confidence, talkative enough. I could ask for no more.

So Haadran thought as he shook Leon's hand and intently listened to him speak, nodding here and there and murmuring small comments when appropriate as the two walk. He actually intended to answer Leon gradually but given that the captain seemed enthused, Haadran preferred to wait a little, holding both hands behind his back, and finally, seeing an opportunity, addressed the captain, this time without murmuring,

"I trust you plenty already, Captain. Your rank at your age bespeaks mettle in an organization like this. As you say, my travels have shown me darkness... some of us are just more adept at it. Ah, the Heroic Spirits...!"

Haadran's eyes widened and he showed an intense smile, even leaning a little towards Leon while fidgeting with his hands, voice slightly more agitated, continued

"Aha, oh yes, I have unfortunately not been able to really interact with them! Just glances from afar now and then... Ah, mankind's chosen, pride of Chaldea, defenders of Time along with us simple mortals! How I long to be able to really meet and talk and discuss with them! But as a neophyte I've been busy with other things, not like you Captain Leon Sir Boss no no no sir! You seem already familiar and acquainted and knowledgeable, proof of the time here, I can't imagine it! I wonder if any will be at the meeting...!"

Reactions: Cush Almighty
"In all honesty I believe I'm only where I am today because A Team doesn't need me, and because I got kicked up the latter. The rest of Team B resigned, or have since been reassigned...or are no longer with us. I've lost a few friends in these singularities. That being said I'm very much happy that you trust me. Even if it does put some pressure on my shoulders." Leon admitted to Heat as he considered what he should say the Heroic spirits here weren't exactly the most famous, or the most fantastic ones out there. I mean Scipio ended the Punic Wars but he was loud, and way to proud of the aforementioned. Mitsuhide was quiet, and stoic with a strong sense of justice. His killing of Oda made him a worthy fighter but he was no Honda. Zhao Yun maybe? The Dragon of Chang Sha was a great man Leon respected but he was a bit too humble at times for Leon's tastes. Helena...Leon preferred to stay away from the strange 'loli' occultist she was a bit too odd even for him. "Please just Captain, or Captain Leon I insist. Don't worry you'll see them eventually they're mostly good people." Leon told his eager companion.

As he came to the doorway down the long hall that led to CHALDEAS he saw the two guards standing in the doorway though they had almost never saw combat they had to take precautions even with Heroic Spirits wandering around. Who knows if someone has been secretly working to undermine literally everything they stood for CHALDEAS was almost irreplaceable, and it being disrupted, or destroyed would set them back really badly. Let alone the Rayshift technology, and everything that went with it. The guards looked over Leon, and the group quickly checking them for weapons, and anything else before letting the group through. It was once they were inside did they meet Director Orson whom was standing in the middle of the hallway leading up to the giant blue globe with his back to them, and the door. By Leon's own sight he looked irritable, and uncomfortable. He seemed really tense despite all of this but kept quiet. Instead of him, or Leon going up to them they were met by another man.

"You took your time arriving here Captain Winchester." commented the individual in front of them as he folded his arms and waited for a response. He was clearly frustrated but he was trying to keep calm. "Sorry I wasn't expecting us to be called on such short notice. I thought you wouldn't need us for a mission since the new guy is still settling in, and all." Leon responded too them as the man turned his eyes on the new comers He gave a sigh but it was more of an attempt to regain his usual composure than to express distaste, or disgust with the group. "So you're the newcomer finally gotten into action I see? I've already read your files, in fact I helped compose them, but I suppose introductions are best done in person. I am Archimedes. Also known as the Wizard of Balance. Forgive me it has been a hard two days...as you've sure you've heard Team One has gone missing...Normally this would not be an issue. However we have made...progress on that matter. Which is why you're here today. Director Orson the new ones have arrived." Archimedes called over as the director turned back his light blue eyes scanning the three of them with a stern steely gaze and he strutted over to the three of them assembled in the room not giving Leon a chance to greet Sabrina. "This is hardly the greeting I intended to give you all but time is of the essence. But I would be a bad gentleman if I did not officially welcome you to Chaldea Mister Haadran. You're lucky to be working under Leon; he's not the best agent we have but he's a talented, and sensible one. Do not be afraid to voice objections with him. He listens unlike some leaders who simply go by their own accord. That being said don't believe him to be infallible he isn't. You probably know my name but just in case I am your Director. Orson Dane Archibald the Second. I am the acting head of the Archibald family. In case you haven't met the other member of your team this is Sabrina. She is one of the only agents we have free at the moment to assign to Team B." commented Orson quickly speaking through his greeting as he turned back to CHALDEAS. "Does anyone you have any questions before we go on? I can't stress more how urgent this matter is. But I can't send new agents out without answering some of their questions." Orson said trying to keep himself organized but it was clear to even Leon that he was holding himself together with sheer willpower.

Haadran managed to contain his excitement a little as Leon answered and the two reached the entrance to the CHALDEAS room. Being reassured that meeting the Heroic Spirits would happen was good and now that he was being examined by the soldiers, he needed to be at his most presentable.

It was almost for naught as the two were greeted by the Wizard of Balance; Haadran knew his eyes had gone wide and that he was almost trembling with excitement and nervousness. Before he could do more than control himself a little and offer a respectful nod and bow, however, the Director addressed the group. He once more felt welcomed and reassured, and upon the mention of Sabrina offered her a glance and likewise a respectful nod.

Haadran offered his sincere, even toned thanks to Orson, but upon being prompted for questions however, Haadran just shook his head and with some effort managed to say, at a regular volume,

"Too little to go on for questions from me at the moment, Director. Unless the miss or the Captain have anything to ask, please do go on."

"I have no questions for you sir. I'm sure everything will be explained with time." commented Leon calmly as he looked over Orson who nodded and turned to Archimedes. Knowing full well Sabrina likely had no questions too Orson figured it was time that he got to business with all of them. "As I'm sure you're aware of Leon Team 1, Togami's Team, went to dispatch a singularity of dire crisis as per their usual duties a few days ago. They took with them all of Team 1's Heroic spirits including Scipio. Upon entering the rayshift process, and teleporting everything was going as planned. Nothing was going wrong in fact Archimedes was sure this would just be another trial to overcome for Team 1." Orson said calmly as he turned his back on all of them and moved forward toward CHALDEAS. The giant blue globe that symbolized the world state that everyone fought so hard to protect. It basically gave the crew valued information on the singularities that most people were sent to contain but usually carried out by the first team. "However....immediately after entering the singularity known as Fuyuki...they lost immediate contact with us here in Chaldea." commented Orson gravely as Leon's face grew pale.

"It's been days....you haven't had contact with Team 1 in entire days...."
commented Leon as he stepped forward he looked at Orson with surprise, "What about Team 1? They're the most skilled magi here in Chaldeas did they make it back? Togami is a mage capable of using every elemental archetype how could he lose especially with Scipio, and Helena on his side?" Leon said hurriedly as Archimedes shook his head looking down on Leon with dismissive annoyance, "You're acting out Captain Winchester. Calm yourself before you make a fool out of everyone here. The problem presented was solved...we received contact with Togami..." Archimedes stated as he took his place next to Orson passing by Leon. "....but only yesterday. He requested immediate rayshift back to Fuyuki. He had failed. Team 1 had tried to carry out it's mission, and it had failed miserably." Archimedes stated as Leon's eyes widened with the realization that Team 1 had not only failed...but had been completely wiped out.

"They're dead? All of them?"
commented Leon with a pit forming in his belly. Archimedes turned back he had been talking with a passive calmness as if he was reading the Monday paper. Not the complete destruction of Team 1. "I didn't say that. Togami was immediately rayshifted back to Chaldea. He couldn't tell us what had happened other than saying 'they corrupted it the fools corrupted it' before passing out. He is currently in the med bay. The others could be alive but is safe to assume his servant Scipio was slain. It is unlikely he could survive in the singularity without his master." Archimedes told them all as he turned to Orson. Orson knew what he had to do next but he looked unhappy with it, "It is time to be upfront with all of you. This is the state of the world if Fuyuki can't be re synchronized with the time line." commented Orson with discomfort in his voice the globe, and the room in general, dimmed as it got darker...and then a red outline formed around it...and in it. The globe turned red. The green, and blue swapped with red, and brown. The world was destroyed..."Fuyuki was the sight of a holy grail war...that means..." Leon began to say as he stared in object horror at the world itself in flames...polluted with death. "It means we must fix the issue. The world must not reach this world state. Servants, Holy Grail, or something else you, or rather we, must prevent this"

Haadran listened impassively, the news getting darker and darker. This was certainly not what he was expecting from his first meeting with the director. Leon's concern and passion for his teammates were obvious, and, to Haadran, somewhat expected yet not entirely beneficial... Something to keep in mind.

The Director and Archimedes obviously were concerned too, but they had to remain focused on the bigger picture, that beautiful orb being consumed - to stop the end of existence. Even though he was conflicted and nervous and confused, there were things to be asked, and so, wasting no time, Haadran said,

"How do we proceed, Director? How much manpower can be spared, both mortals and Heroic Spirits - wise? Do we have any leads on the corruption mentioned by Captain Togami? What is the estimated deadline for extinction?"

"Your question is misplaced that would be my duty. Are you not aware that I was one of the main reasons the Romans feared invading my city? My judgement on the matter is Team 1 was ambushed, or defeated by an other worldly presence of extraordinary power. There could be many, or few but enough that they were defeated. Scipio may have been a pompous braggart but he was an extraordinary military leader. The threat was likely lessened greatly before their defeat. Especially if Togami made it out. There's a chance his team is still alive there however slim." Archimedes spoke up as he walked back towards the group with a serious face plastered onto him. "Corruption is a broad term he could mean the grail itself, or a heroic spirit with an extraordinary holy weapon. Perhaps some sort of artifact. There are plenty of things in the world that could be turned bad in the wrong hands. Or perhaps the city itself. I believe however that the grail is the singularity's issue. What caused it is the question I need answered." Archimedes said as Orson, still looking at the globe, tightened his fist and sighed.

"Due to the organization's lack of mages, no doubt due to the Mage Association's ineptitude at not heeding my requests due to politics...I am here by instating that all three of you become Provisional Masters. You shall use The Guardian Heroic Spirit Summoning System "FATE" in order to summon three heroic spirits, possibly more, and go and find the source of the corruption. Destroy it, the grail, and end the war. Ironically the system is based off the Fuyuki Grail system....This may seem big to you Mister Haadran, considering you're new, but this is an dire situation. The only other option is for me to use it, and bring Archimedes along with me. While I am likely the strongest mage here I don't dare to leave leadership of this organization in jeopardy. Captain Leon has been considered for the role previously but now it is necessary to force the issue. If you have issues with summoning someone then I will need to order Captain Leon to do so himself...twice...a risky process."
Orson spoke clearly, and professionally without panic, or deceit he wanted to make clear what he was saying was no joke.

Leon held in his inner thoughts he didn't know that the situation was this bad that the instatement of three new heroic spirits, and thus masters, were needed. He didn't hesitate though. He knew his place, and his job he had gone to singularities plenty of times before. "I am not afraid. I will fight for the future even if I must do myself. Even if it means bending another spirit to my will, willingly as it may be, I will do so. Though you know me sir. I'm not a fan of the whole concept of masters. A man chooses. A slave obeys after all that's what my uncle told me." Leon stated calmly as he walked up and saluted his Director, "Whatever the situation becomes I will do my best to save the future. I promised that the day you took me in. This corruption must be purified." Leon said loudly as Orson nodded, "Just because spirits willingly choose to be summoned doesn't mean that they aren't still bound by the command seals. Remember what Leon said if you have moral objections to this for one reason, or another not only will you make this mission much harder but you risk the world. Are you willing to justify indentured servitude of another being for the world's sake?"

Sabrina smiled at her team members as they entered. She examined them both and made her quick judgments on them. First was Leon, who looked to be around her age and in good shape. The other was an older man, around her dad's age before his passing. He had a look of excitement on his face, reminiscent of a child opening their first gift. The team was then briefed on the circumstances and news grew dire every second. The Fuyuki Grail War was the cause of the singularity and Team 1 from the looks of it had been decimated besides Togami. Unfortunately, his Servant wasn't able to make it out with him like the rest of Team 1.

Sabrina personally doubted the survival of the rest of team 1. She didn't make this known and wasn't too sure if her assumption was correct. What foe could have caused all this? When Orson showed what would happen to their world if the Singularity wasn't resolved and it wasn't pretty. Everything would dead, gone, humanity wiped from the Earth along with all life. "This isn't good. We have to act fast. I like this little ball of mud after all, even with its never-ending list of flaws."

Sabrina smiled once again once she heard the mention of Fate. She had used it several times before in taking on smaller scale mission and solo missions. She has only worked with one servant and preferred to keep it that way. She was rather 'weak' magus in her own words and regarded her Servant in the same manner, yet still, the two always came out on top. When Orson asked if they were afraid she could only chuckle. "Sir, We know what we signed up for. It wouldn't matter if I was afraid, I'd still be ready to Rayshift and fight!" She replied with spirit and vigor. "The only thing I fear is bad hair day and anything with 6 or more legs."

When he asked if they wore willing to justify indentured servitude to save the world she replied with the same amount of vigor. "Of course, To ensure the future of humanity I'll level an entire city. I won't feel good about it but somethings need to be done. I'm sure the Heroic Spirits would understand, we just need to summon the correct ones." She was partly serious about leveling a city, if it needed to be down she'll do it and bare the burden of that evil. Saving the world was more important than anything else at the moment.

Haadran again listened carefully to the Director and Archimedes, satisfied with the answers if slightly intimidated at the prospect of summoning a Heroic Spirit of his own. The chance of a lifetime - under normal circumstances he would be positively giddy and reveling at the prospect, but the gravity of the circumstances helped him keep himself composed. Leon's declaration certainly helped as well, showing that yes, he was indeed the captain of his team. Haadran was more convinced than ever that he could follow this younger man's lead.

He was pondering how to phrase his already known respond, but his other colleague beat him to the punch. Sabrina's impassioned response led him to smile slightly, still in an at-ease pose. This person's conviction was easy on the ears, in spite of how terrible it could be. To step up to such conviction, he clapped slightly with a murmur of 'Well said', then turned to the Director, declaring,

"As the young miss says, Director! Even if I am new, I am an agent of Chaldea, and will do what is necessary. It's not happily that I say I am quite familiar with the evil of our world, but if it can be brought to bear for the sake of the Greater Good, so be it!"

"Well at least you're all united under one banner. Good, however as the newcomer here Mister Haadran I must inform you that good is not light. Sometimes you must be evil to serve the greater good. A smaller evil may stop a larger one. But I suppose I need not tell that to a human. You all embody the greatest darkness, and the greatest good that humanity has to offer. Use it how you will as long as it is kept to our goal." Archimedes said as he walked over to Orson and nodded at him. The elder man didn't seem to eager to follow through with this. "Very well then if I receive any assistance as requested I will send it your way however until then I will do my utmost to assist your with what I have. Archimedes may be crude at times but he is a good heroic spirit with excellent talents. He will be here to give you advice as needed. I'm sure Sabrina, and Leon already know this but I would like to repeat it for good measure. Now follow us." Orson stated professionally but with a more confident look then he had before. It would seem the reassurances by his subordinates had eased his worries at least a little.

Orson led them down a hallway Leon had not visited in a long time. He had not summoned a servant before though he had made contracts with a few in place of those who had. At times he had helped some servants assist them more fully in missions as not all the allies they had during singularities were necessarily from Chaldea. He was somewhat nervous he had to lead by example now. He had to step up to the plate in place of the now displaced Togami. Keiji Togami...he was the best mage Leon knew and that meant bigger boots than he could fill. But he would not measure his place by Togami he would do what he could in order to save the world with his own abilities. As they funneled down a few hallways they entered a rather large chamber with a bizarre circle in the middle of it surrounded by all sorts of technological gadgets. It was the FATE system in all it's glory. The machine was already being prepped by agents of Chaldea.

"Normally catalysts would be involved however with the system in place given here it's more of a call to arms for a servant that would be willing to assist us. Though we may end up with darker servants due to that. There is no guarantee on who you will receive. You could receive someone as weak as Marie Antoinette, or someone as insane as Ivan the Terrible. Sabrina here seems to haven affinity for a certain assassin for one reason or another yet they keep breaking their pact. All the same Leon will go first this time to make sure everything goes properly. Mister Winchester already knows the oath. Come on now follow me"
Archimedes said with a calm disposition as if this was just another day for him personally. He seemed use to being the center piece to this whole thing at this point. Archimedes's magic was necessary in order to make the machine work properly and as such he was also a part of most rituals.

Leon didn't need to even think, he didn't hesitate this was his duty. He took long struts until he was in a small semi circle located inside the larger circle. The giant machine radiated with a white light as he did so as he looked around himself he could only wonder what exactly would happen next. He kept the butterflies in his belly from messing with him too much by keeping his eyes focused on the prize in front of him. Archimedes entered the circle on the other side inside a similar circle to Leon. He raised his hands and said a spell faster than Leon could imagine was possible as the giant emitter above the circle began to glow Leon raised his hand.
"Leon I believe we're ready for you to say your incantation. Please keep notice of what he says." Archimedes said calmly as he readied himself for Leon's summoing.

"Let silver, and steel be the essence.
Let stone, and the archduke of contracts be the foundation of our connection.
Let rise a wall against the destruction that shall come.
Let the four cardinal gates close to open up a new world.
Let each be turned over five times, simply breaking asunder the fulfilled time
Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate."

Leon began as he held up his right hand, and his left hand over the right side of forearm. He breathed in deeply speaking calmly, with but with passion. He calmly controlled himself as he saw the circle light up as white light formed around him. The machine had inner rings spiral around him in a bizarre set of motions he half paid attention to. The inner circle spun around quickly speeding up more, and more.

"Let it be declared now;
your flesh shall serve under me, and my fate shall be with your sword.
I ask of you to willing submit to the service of the world.
Answer, if you would submit to this will and this truth."

Leon shouted out proudly as the circle lit up brightly even more so than before. It seemed the thing was responding properly to Leon's summons. The circle began to crackle with magic as the emitter projected a beam of light magic into the floor as the machine sped up significantly.

"An oath shall be sworn here.
I shall attain all virtues of all of Heaven;
I shall have dominion over all evils of all of Hell."

Leon noticed however that something was off normally the machine made white light only but the circle began to glow gold which meant something bizarre was happening. Archimedes though didn't appear to be fazed but he was interested, more so than he was before. He couldn't interrupt Leon's incantation.

"This is a call to preserve the future!
This is a call to serve mankind;
This is a call to save the world!"

Leon said aloud with pride as he felt some wind kick back. Well shit this really was working...

"From the highest Heaven, and from the deepest hell attended to by three great words of power,
come forth from the ring of restraint, protector of the holy balance!"
Leon shouted out loudly as he felt the magical restraints kick back preventing him from falling over with a surge of sparkling magic but there was electricity forming around it a powerful heroic spirit was called.

The circle spun, and spun faster as the light surged around the room. A chaotic maelstrom of technologically assisted magic calling a long dead being back into this world. Leon, and no one else could see what was happening. However the magic died off as quick as it had began. Leon breathed in heavily as he looked towards the shimmering prana vanishing towards the middle of the circle vaguely aware of a burning feeling on his right hand.

In the middle of the circle stood a single man in silver armor wearing a blue cloak with a black hood. In his hand was a strange invisible weapon only able to made out due to the prana moving around it. The cloaked figure stood up. He, or at least Leon assumed it was a male, stood up and nodded at him. He bowed to Leon and then said with a smooth calming voice,
"I'll protect you. I'll protect the world. I'm your Servant, Saber." the man said as he removed his hood. He was a very handsome young man with bright blue eyes, and golden hair no doubt nobility. He stood straight, and with confidence. He removed his hood a moment later, "My name is Arthur Pendragon. It is nice to meet you."

Last edited:
  • Love
After hearing Archimedes' and Orson's declarations, Haadran followed after them to the summoning chamber, along with Leon and Sabrina. Haadran was almost trembling in anticipation, and the explanation regarding the summoning and the lack of catalysts actually gave him comfort in its simplicity.

He made sure to stand back and diligently observe Captain Leon at work. The process itself just rippled with power, Haadran could feel it too even without being that close. As the incantation drew to a close, Haadran had steeled himself as grabbed onto a nearby rail, lest the kickback knock him off his feet. And the result, the man called to help humanity, stood proudly in the circle, royalty emanating from him.

Haadran's eyes widened with glee, a great smile forming on his face, as he clapped and observed. To have somebody of such caliber answer the Captain's call, incredible. He exclaimed, managing not to outright shout, in delight and amazement and curiosity "The King of Knights walks among us once more!"

King Arthur simply smiled as he looked around it would seem that he was summoned in a different place than last time. All the same to him this cause was worthy of him. Still he did feel a bit embarrassed with the praise as he put a hand on the back of his head, and chuckled. "Please there is no need for that. I was a king now I am no more than a knight here to protect the future. If it makes you feel better than you may call me as such a title. But I am simply Arthur Pendragon no more, no less." commented Saber as he stepped forward to look at his new master. He was much different than his old one still it was at least comforting to know he was a good man.

"If I may be bold may I know the name of the man I will be fighting with?"
Arthur stated as he stood in front of Leon who was still a bit winded but he kept his composer quite well considering the circumstances.The man in front of him was a man only spoken of in the highest of regard, and legend. A king who stood above some of the most well known knight of his age, and beyond. And now he was here to serve him as a heroic spirit. "My name is Leon it is a great pleasure to meet you Arthur. I hope we get along well." Leon said as he offered his hand to the knight in shining armor who smiled brightly at him and grasped his hand with his free one and shook it very firmly. "I'm happy that you would say so. I was just thinking of saying that myself. I gave you my word that I would protect you, and the world. While I may not be worthy of such a thing I will do all in my power to do so." Arthur told Leon as he let his hand go. He seemed at peace, and serene it was almost bizarre he oozed a charisma Leon had never thought he'd ever see.

"I have a question...why me?"
Leon asked Arthur suddenly as the question took him by surprised the other man simply shrugged, "I heard the call to save the world. So I came to help. And you....you didn't seem like a unkind person. So here I am. I promise you there's no need to over think it. Regardless of the reasons I am here now. And I will give you my all." Saber told Leon as he was suddenly interrupted by Archimedes, "Well met King of Knights you're as I imagined you'd be. But please move there will be others joining us soon. You, and your master should stand away from the circle." Archimedes told him as Arthur blushed a bit in embarrassment for hogging up the circle and nodded at Leon as they moved off the circle, and up the ramp towards where the others were waiting. "Hey guys I wish you luck but no matter the outcome remember whoever comes heeded your call specifically. Treat them with respect no matter who they are." Leon stated as Arthur stood in place. "It's a pleasure to meet you both. I'd like to meet you more formally but if you intend on summoning I would do so now. The world won't save itself after all. But if you have a immediate question I can answer it quickly I suppose." Arthur said with a smooth gentle tone as he stood there his invisible sword in hand as he stood beside Leon.

The Trio followed The Director and Archimedes deeper into the chamber where the FATE system was held. It was a marvelous machine that allowed Chaldea to perform summonings of Heroic Spirits who answers their call. One usually needed a catalyst to summon a Spirit but FATE forgoes that process entirely. Director Orson and Archimedes went over their spill on the FATE system which Leon and Sabrina should already know. It was mostly for Haadran, who was still a new face around Chaldea.

Archimedes picked Leon to perform his summoning first. He was the man who made this entire thing possible. Sabrina decided to make a comment on his decision. "I get he's the leader and all, but what about ladies first Archi?" Leon confidently walked under the FATE system and began the summoning ritual. He raised his hand as the circle he was centered in glowed. The machine went to work as Leon chanted the magic words. The area grew brighter and brighter until everyone was blinded to the light. Sabrina covered her eyes as she's always been sensitive to bright lights.

Once everything had finish Sabrina removed her hand and laid her eyes on Leon servant. He was dressed in a glorious silver armor with a blue clock and a black hood hiding his face. He brandishes a weapon or it appeared he did. It was hidden by some sort of spell. It looked like invisible winds had enveloped the weapon. The hooded figure stood up and removed his hood and announced himself as Arthur Pendragon. Sabrina found the man before her absolutely gorgeous and hearing his name made her heart skip.

"Arthur Pendragon...Thee King Arthur!" She was lost for words. Her gaping mouth then became an intense smile. "I must say, It is an honor to meet you! Great job Leon, To get such an amazing and famed warrior in the Saber Class at that." Haadran to was stun but was nowhere near as excited as Haadran. In the country of England and across the U.K. see him as a magnificent Hero chosen God or fate itself. His end was a tragic one, in battle with his own son surrounded by bodies of his people.

Leon and his Servant talked for a little until Archimedes told them to exit the center of the summoning circle. The duo walked up the ramp and introduces themselves. "Same here guys." Her eye then quickly moved to Saber. "If Leon here for whatever reason doesn't work out, I'll be happy to take you from him." She said playfully as she began to walk toward the center of FATE to begin the summoning ritual. She mimicked Leon and stretched her left arm and began chanting the same words Leon did.

"Let silver, and steel be the essence.
Let stone, and the archduke of contracts be the foundation of our connection.
Let rise a wall against the destruction that shall come.
Let the four cardinal gates close to open up a new world.
Let each be turned over five times, simply breaking asunder the fulfilled time
Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate."

She spoke calmly and with assurance. She had done this enough times it had lost its magic. It was still an amazing process but no longer made her nervous. She also knew exactly who she would receive. The mysterious Samurai for someone reason is an Assasin then a Saber. The machine had begun to work and the circle was glowing with intensity. Each verse she said only amped up the power of the ritual.

"Let it be declared now;
your flesh shall serve under me, and my fate shall be with your sword.
I ask of you to willing submit to the service of the world.
Answer, if you would submit to this will and this truth."
"An oath shall be sworn here.
I shall attain all virtues of all of Heaven;
I shall have dominion over all evils of all of Hell."

"This is a call to preserve the future!
This is a call to serve mankind;
This is a call to save the world!"

Like Leon, she would have been blown back by the winds created by the sheer magical energy swirling around. If it wasn't for magical resistance system hadn't kicked back. She could feel her call being answered, the feeling of Assasin coming through.

"From the highest Heaven, and from the deepest hell attended to by three great words of power,
come forth from the ring of restraint, protector of the holy balance!"

In a flash of light and magic, the ritual was completed and a man stood before Sabrina. He had a smile on his face. He had eyes of indigo which match his hair that was kept in a ponytail. He wore a white kimono, purple hakama with black tabi and black getos. On his back was a long sword that made you wonder how one would even apply such a weapon effectively. He looked into Sabrina's deep pink eyes as memories returned to him. "I am Assassin, and once again I come to answer the call of battle for my Master." He looked around and noticed the other up the ramp. The blonde man caught his eye and his cool confident smile receded. His blue eyes looked familiar as if they met indifferent lives and the urge to cross swords with him burned in his soul. This was why he answered the call, to once again enjoy and practice the martial arts.

"Welcome back Assassin. We have work to do and you are needed." She said as she turned around waved for him to follow her which he did. "Of course Sabrina, the world itself is at stake. It is too beautiful to just let everything be destroyed." The two walked up the ramp and join the others. Assassin spoke to no one and stood at Sabrina side patiently waiting. He had an aura of mystery and otherworldly tranquility.

Last edited:
Leon stood back with Saber who stood as still as a pillar of stone. However the smile on his face never wavered, or faltered. For a man who met his end at Camalann he seemed to be quite the chipper individual. Still Leon felt the power of the man just standing there regardless of what he was he seemed content to just follow. Leon turned his attention to Sabrina take her place in the circle. Once she did so Archimedes began to use his magical power again to act as the catalyst for the system to begin. The crew around the circle frantically tried to keep up wit all of the data they had received from the last summon, and hastily were now preparing for the new summon. Unfortunately the ring did not bring the same impact as the last summon but that was fine. Leon honestly didn't expect anything less as he squinted his eyes, and watched as the summoning commenced.

When it was finally finished Leon opened his eyes a bit wider but he wasn't surprised by the outcome. The summons had been heeded the legendary rival of Musashi once more an assassin class servant. Leon was wondering at this point if there was more to Sabrina, and Kojiro than just mere friendship at this point with how often he had shown up. Why Sabrina was often needed as a master when Leon himself was only used a stock up until this point was beyond him but he was just glad for the help. "An assassin is it? Well at least he looks amiable enough. Part of me was hoping to see Agravain again but that was a foolish hope. Assassin welcome to this world." commented Arthur as he waved down to the new comer still as chipper as he was before. "Calling your boyfriend for help again Sabrina? I expected you'd get someone different but it seems Kojiro is insistent on you. Speaking of which hey there Kojiro it's been awhile."