Fate/Grand Order - Worlds Made of Glass - IC

Saber felt the blood, and pain run through his body his whole being felt like it was suffering through some sort of seizure as he gasped out for air. He clung to his golden blade in his hands still as he shook. Some king of knights he turned out to be...how would he face Merlin? She was always saying he should do his best...and Kay....Mordred....everyone...how would he face them again in the next war if he died by a single arrow? Was this not the best the once and future king could muster? He wasn't aware of Assassin coming near him as the pain dulled most of his senses. This thing lodged in his gut must be a noble phantasm...there was no other explanation. As assassin pulled out the arrow lodged in Saber's belly he screamed out in pain and went stiff as he coughed up more blood. He bit down hard his jaw clenched as he tried to do something, anything but his body refused to allow him to get up!

As Archer went for his shots at the Dragon Tooth Warriors a few of the blows were deflected by the enemy Archer's remarkable aim as his golden bronze arrows smacked against and deflected the shots. "No! I will not run from the enemy in front of me! On my name as Rider of the proud house of Matou I will not allow my master's name to be sullied like this! Even without my mount I just need one blow!" roared Rider as he charged forward despite his wounds he danced around the skeletons and his red sword destroyed one, and the spear destroyed the other. He kept moving forward but more came forward to stop him still Rider ran forward refusing to back down from a fight.

Leon's mind raced with worry as he ran over to Saber. He looked at his servants condition and breathed deeply. He looked at Heat performing his magic, and clenched his fist.
"Heat I appreciate the help but you're magic isn't doing much! Saber has magical resistance ranked at B! His innate resistance is not helping your efforts so much as it is just making its effect minimal!" Leon said reprimanding his subordinate for his lack of forethought in how to use his Od, and Mana on a servant who was by design able to deflect most magic. "There's only one way to heal a wound like this at this degree. I don't want to use a seal here but I have no such option to do anything else!" Leon said as he raised his hand forward and pressed his left hand on top of it. "Saber by my command seal as your master in my name I order your wound to heal, and for your health to restore!" Leon proclaimed as his hand gleamed red as the command seals flared up. A golden aura resonated with Saber who groaned as his body became less and less stiff and some color returned to his eyes. However the process appeared to be slow as even with the seal's power Achilles Heel was likely meant to inflict tremendous 'bleed' damage onto their opponent. Hitting Saber's weak point combined with the full on power of the shot meant he likely suffered terrible internal wounds as well as whatever side effects the phantasm had.

Haadran bounded field was ineffective as Saber had a pretty powerful level of magic resistance that few magecrafts of the modern era could overcome if any existed. Assassin did his best to keep the Saber's blood from spilling out but hands could only do so much. Leon ran up with an expected look of concern for Saber and use one of his command seals to heal him which was too effective. "Hmm, He healing but it should be quicker. Healing from one's command seal is the best way for a servant to heal." Assassin grabbed his sword and stood up from his knees. "I imagine it's an effect from Alexanders Noble Phantasm. If it is or isn't right now it's best for me to deal with." With that Assassin turned his back to Leon and Saber but before leaving said one more thing before joining Rider in battle. "Don't lay there too long King Of Knights, what would your table think if they saw you like this? I refuse to believe the arrow of a coward could best the bravest and most courageous of the roundtable."

"Thanks, Haadran, Koji already back at it now." She responded as she watched Kojirou decapitated one Dragon Tooth after another. "I'm sure we can count on Archer and if he's really good at it I'll offer my heart up to the sun god..." She paused and took a look at the Aztec King. "Just kidding Archer! I still need mine." She was just pulling his leg and hoped he wouldn't take offense by it. She wasn't sure if how sensitive he was about such things.

When Leon showed up and Haadran saw what he was about to do, the two fields were dispelled in fear that the blowback from the Seal might prove too much. The golden aura's resonance showing the seal at work was quite dazzling, leading Haadran to pull down his sunglasses to shield his eyes. Now that was brute force, alright. It had been unfortunate that the Magic Resistance had turned out to be a bane rather than a boon for these circumstances.

With two of the fields now gone, much of the weight on his shoulders was gone, and Haadran now breathe with ease, even if he was still tired from it all. Next time I will have more time to secure a functioning and possibly self-sustaining field, that will allow me to better assist the team., were his thoughts. He sat down in the security of the field, the tension on his muscles slowly fading as he observed Saber's recovery.

Archer for his part would have liked to better observe the proceedings, since they interested him, but as it was, he needed to guard the recovering Saber and provide support for this Rider of House Matou, as he had introduced himself. The name was not of great relevance at this time, but the insistence on trying to exert vengeance just seemed ill advised. I can understand the impulse, but priorities are to be had, and this Rider has some rather skewed ones, were Archer's unvoiced opinions. If the Rider would not do it, Archer was interested in recovering the missing Master himself, but his current duty left him unable to search.

His mid-launching musings were cut short by the darting figure of Assassin entering the brawl with the skeletons and easily dispatching some. Good, more manpower is ever welcome., were his thoughts until the Master of Assassin called out with... an interesting proposition. Archer could not remember the last time somebody uninvolved had made such an offer voluntarily, even in jest, and this produced some conflicted feelings.

On one hand, this was certainly not the kind of thing to jest about, and he knew all too well what kind of fury might be unleashed by some of the more fervent followers he had witnessed in life. On the other, this slightly awkward attempt at humor and bonding showed goodwill from somebody that owed him none. At a later, saner point in time, they would have words if Assassin did not object. For the moment, Archer decided to take a gesture from these modern times to express his thoughts with as little distraction as possible. He turned his head towards her, offered a smile and with his non-armed hand gave a thumbs-up, he recalled was the name. Immediately after, he redoubled his firing efforts at the enemy horde, including a few potshots at the corrupted Servant from awkward angles, sense sharp to detect anything attempting to intrude on the recovering Saber.

"I....I....I will not....disgrace myself....or my master...or my brothers..." grumbled Arthur as he just barely managed to understand the words directed towards him. He coughed up some more blood and grabbed Excalibur. The Promised Sword of Victory and the symbol of his kingship. Leon depended on him to get up he had to get up! He had to survive to save the world! To save everyone! He must not give up, and die! Gripping his sword he forced himself to stand up coughing as he felt his stamina returning but much slower than he would have expected. "Saber are you ok? I don't need you to force yourself up just yet! Let the magic restore your body!" Leon told his servant who shook his head. "If I am a king...is it not my duty to defend my people?" retorted Saber who breathed in heavily trying to shrug off his pain but it refused to properly go away. "Damn all of you just die would you? I got places to be more of these worthless humans to kill!" Alexander called out in exasperation. "Give me a clear shot and I'll finish this!" called Rider as he moved forward slashing, and parrying the enemies with his sword, and lance. Assassin helped him do so clearing out the enemy threats quicker but these skeletons were tougher and with Archer firing at them assassin, and archer both took blows from the enemy archers shots. Rider got hit in the gut but he refused to back down even with his additional injuries, and his fatigue setting in. After getting off his shots he backed off dodging the enemy archer's attack deftly with the skill of a Trojan Soldier. However he was quickly running out of room to fall back to without fleeing the field itself.

As Assassin dispatched the Dragon Tooths he failed to see the arrow coming his way. I of the mind was an impressive and useful skill but nothing was omnipotent. Assassin cut down one more Dragon Tooth as he notices an arrow coming his way. He attempted to dodge the arrow but it was too late and entered his shoulder. "Ah." Assassin managed to spot Archer's other arrows and jumped back. "Okay, this guy is really getting on my nerves." He grabbed the arrow and yanked it out of his shoulder. "I've suffered worse wounds in life." Oddly enough the worse wound always did come from arrows. Assassin looked around the battlefield and noticed Rider had started to get tire and he too was hit by Alexanders arrows. How long had Rider been fighting? It was best not to concern himself with Rider and focus on keeping himself alive.

Sabrina was a little worried about her servant after seeing him get stuck by the blackened Archer arrow. She next looked towards Rider and seen he was in pretty bad shape himself. She wondered if Haadran could do anything for them. He may not have been able to help Saber since his high magic resistance but the Assassin class had none and the Rider class had very low resistance. "Haadraan!" She called out to him as she looked the older man in his eyes. "Could you reach Rider and Assassin with that healing field of yours? Maybe your magic can heal Rider. I know he's one of the 4 classes with magic resistance but maybe your magic could overcome that? Then again, I having them stand in a dome to heal would make them easy targets for the Archer.

The combination of the blows Archer took from the corrupted enemy, the Saber's laments and stubbornness and the irritation from the presence of the skeletons was really getting on Archer's nerves. A couple of arrows were far from the worst he had to endure, so with great fury he ripped them out of himself and launched them back along with his obsidian shards, everything reinforced and envenomed and tracking and coming in at impractical angles. His renewed assault came with a singing battle cry in his native tongue.

Immediately the Aztec King glanced back with a disapproving glare, and with the same fury called out to Saber, "Enough nonsense, King of Knights! A dead king protects nobody and an unrecovered one dishonors all by not fighting with all his prowess! Now, shut up and focus on returning to good health!"

Haadran was somewhat stunned by the forcefulness of the rebuke, so he couldn't fully parse what Sabrina asked of him at first, staring dumbly at her and blinking. When he eventually computed it, his eyes widened in nervousness as he looked back at the state of the brawl. "Here goes nothing! Deploying fields!", he cried out in desperation as he knelt at the edge of the concealment field, taking off his sunglasses.

Haadran took a deep breath and with all the effort he could muster moved his hands and the rings at high speed in between coughing fits to deploy as large a field as he could manage. He imbued it with the Curse of Physiology, knowing that it would force the bodies of any friendlies within it (whose Magic Resistance didn't impede it!) to overclock their recovery and performance. Assassin at least should benefit from it, and the mysterious Rider might too with some luck. Unfortunately, in order to properly cover those two, he had to leave Archer outside this field's range.

The man felt the burn of overworking himself and deployed a third and final nested field, imbuing it with the Curse of Gravity, intending on increase the effects of the fundamental force on all enemies within it. Haadran was sure this would hurt like hell, but he channeled what prana he could draw in and supplemented it with the stores from one of the rings to make sure its effects were felt by the skeletons and any of the corrupted Archer's arrows.

Saber flinched under the berating of his acts from Archer he couldn't just sit there, and do nothing could he? Even with all this pain forming in his guts he had to fight for the future of humanity. It was all he could do to stop himself from dismissing the comment, and going forward. But he knew he shouldn't. The best he could do was to sit here, and wait for the magic to take effect, and considering where the magic was coming from he was surprised this was not instantaneous. Command Seals were some of the most potent magic there was and for it to be taking this long to take effect was worrying him. Leon grabbed his servant by the shoulder, and nodded at him trusting the man's choice whatever he took. A master must trust in his servant otherwise the whole relationship was pointless. Saber looked at his master with a pained expression but nodded.

====

Alexander saw the attacks coming and he frowned the time the archer took to prepare his blows, and yell at Saber gave him amble time to grab a bone warrior, and drag it in front of him. The arrows, and shards penetrated the creature but it did little but scratch archer as the warrior fell to the ground in a shambling heap of bone. Archer took this chance to aim at Archer's head to finish the boisterous moron off. Archer fired his shot but the arrow went wide of its mark as the extra efforts of Haadran caused the arrow to land elsewhere. Archer then turned his arrows on Rider, and shot at him he dodged it. However as Rider approached Archer prepared to land a final shot between his eyes with his bow. In doing so however he left himself open as suddenly a large rock smacked him in the back of the neck dazing the archer for a moment. It was all that Rider needed to get between the bone warriors, and raise his sword, "Sword of my father that forever brings the guaranteed hit! Guide my hand to a victorious end! Moralltach!" Rider shouted as his sword glowed with vibrant red as he moved forward he attempted to hit Archer who managed to dodge it at the last second...only for the blade to almost instantaneously recourse itself and slashed Archer through both of his legs sending the hero limping back almost falling over himself as he fired a shot at Rider despite the pain in his legs his anger at merely being hit was triple that. "Assassin kill him!" groaned Rider as the shot pierced his leather belt forcing Rider to his knees gripping the wound.

Haadran's spell went up and Assassin could feel the effects of his magic instantly. He could feel his wound healing and the weight of gravity lessen on him. "Good." Haadran's spell was beneficial to his allies and truly a curse upon his enemies. Alexander fired an arrow at Archer's head but the curse of gravity had cause it to miss. Assassin noticed the ever-growing look of annoyance on Alexander's face which delighted Assassin like a cup of fresh tea. He then turned his arrows on Rider who dodged every shot fire at him. As Rider got closer he released his Noble Phantasm when he saw an opening caused by a rock smashing into the blacken Archer's neck. He slashed at Alexander who barely dodged it but Rider sword changed its direction and cut into the enemy servant legs.

Alexander was now backing up, limping as he did so. Rider screamed out for Assassin to deliver the final blow which was pleasure to Assassin's ear. "Gladly." He responded as he dashed towards the blackened Archer, avoiding the Dragon tooth's as he did. Once he was close enough he stopped and pulled his sword back and looked his opponent in their eyes. "This is the fruit of Ganryu and countless hours of practice...Secret Sword Technique - Swallow Reversal!" Assassin swung his sword in a large arc at Alexander from the left but what made this sword technique so powerful was that it created a dimensional refraction phenomenon. Assassin sword was 3 places at once, one the left, right and above his enemy making it nearly unavoidable. A simple technique that was so refined it had entered the realm of Noble Phantasms.

Assassin sword entered Archer lower rib on the left side and upper rib on the right with the final refraction carving through his shoulder and into Archer's chest. The refraction effect could only be seen by trained eyes and might appear invisible to the eyes of humans. "Remember my name Alexander, Sasaki Kojirou, the man who brought your miserable existence to its end."

When Haadran saw the arrow fly, he froze for a moment, unsure as to whether the gravity field's effect would be enough to spare Archer a gruesome fate. Miraculously, it was. He was confused and suffering from overextertion, but he couldn't let up his efforts just yet. The team had the corrupted enemy on the ropes, which certainly should be a good thing, but Haadran was unable to parse it properly, focused as he was on keeping up the field and its effects.

The only thing that made itself known in his mind was the unrelenting curiosity as to how and why something like that had happened. He couldn't say that he knew Archer all that well but the Aztec King didn't strike him as the kind that would just let himself open like that on accident. Had it been a gamble? Some kind of ploy that worked in the end? What if it hadn't?, his mind raced through scenarios amidst the haze of the burning sensation. Haadran could only hope things ended soon, he sorely needed the rest.

Archer, meanwhile, seemed as immutable as ever as he continued to pepper away at the dragon skeleton warriors to make sure they kept away from his allies. It appeared that the encounter was close to coming to its end, but there would be no slacking off until it was certain rather than apparent. In order to help himself and his Master with the prana consumption issue, Archer was now resorting to using pieces of the skeletons themselves as ammunition, so as not to create more obsidian shards than necessary. Rubble seemed to be running low in this area, but he could not leave his guarding post just yet.

Alexander attempted to bring his bow up to defend himself from the onslaughter of the enemy in front of him. He had no time to notch an arrow. He could only do what he did to defend himself with his legs cut out from underneath him. He had no last line of defense to fall back on, and his grunts were falling around him. As Assassin's slashes pierced his body he didn't fully understand what had happened but he didn't particularly care all he had known was the pain his body felt at that last second. As he felt his wounds start to consume him he frowned at Assassin. The bronze armored young man spit blood onto Assassin's face. "I deserved better..." growled the archer as he slumped forward onto assassin as a golden aura surrounded him, and he faded from existence. With Archer gone Saber felt his strength renewed with greater strength as he stood up more proudly he felt much better than he had just a moment ago. Saber rushed forward in a moment's notice and helped Archer dispatch the last of the dragon warriors.

Despite his grievous wounds Rider forced himself to stand up. He panicked and looked around for any sign of his master. Whatever had just happened was none of his concern.
"Master! Master we've cleared out the enemies are you ok!? Please answer me my lord!" cried Rider who looked around frantically as a dull, and tired voice came out from the wreckage of a nearby building. A blue haired young man dressed in a school boy's uniform came walking out from the wreckage. "Oh put a sock in it I'm fine Rider. But Thank you for you concern none the less. You could have finished him quicker you know." the boy commented with a authoritative tone as Rider bowed his head, "I'm sorry my lord my weakness was apparent. I will not fail you again." Rider apologized with nothing less than complete submissiveness. "Lord Matou these people assisted me...I'm not sure if they're out friends though." commented Rider as the Matou boy looked over towards assassin, and the rest. "Indeed they did...so who are you people exactly? Chaldea? That tool Togami said something about your group when he got his entire group slaughtered. Are you as inept as him?"

The corrupt Archer feel before Assassin, the look of hate was obvious in his eyes. As his body started to fall apart he spit into Assassins unflinching face. It covered his left eye and dripped down his cheek. He said he deserved better and maybe that was true. His dissipated into prana and returned to the Throne. Assassin wiped his the blood off his face with his kimono and sheathed his sword on his back. "One enemy servant down. That leaves Assassin and Berserker left from what we know."

With Archer dead Saber was free of the Noble Phantasm curse and helped Archer dispatch the rest his dragon tooths. Once the fighting ended Rider's Master finally revealed themselves. He was a boy with blue hair and dress in his high school uniform. He was a little rude to Rider and very rude to rest of Chaldea team that came save him. He then mentions Togami and the first team and confirmed they were all dead. When he insulted Togami and his team Sabrina decided she didn't like this kid.

"Watch your mouth kid. Togami tried his best and so did his team. If it wasn't for them you'd probably already be another corpse." Sabrina didn't like this boys attitude, he was callous like Assassin yet somehow worse. "Also show your servant some respect. He was just worried about your well being." By this time Assassin had returned to his Master side.

"Calm down Sabrina, don't get worked up over some words." Assassin couldn't blame the Mauto boy for his remarks on Togami. He did fail the mission in the end and success is all that matters. Sabrina followed Assassins words and calmed herself. She just hated rudeness and arrogance which Assassin had in spades. She didn't want another jerk to deal with. "Whatever Koji."

"Why bother Rider has accepted, and even asked to be my faithful servant a man like him only knows how to be a dog to his master. With that being said though he has performed impeccably well. Up until you all came here he had been fighting for about a day straight or so. Archer was more than ready to toy with him. As you can see by your saber's previous condition if he had really wanted to he'd be dead long ago." the Matou said as he walked over to Rider and sighed he repeated a command seal that Leon had earlier restoring Rider to some form of health. He had two seals left afterward. "Thank you master I am not worthy of your kindness. As for you young miss I thank you for your concern but I wish nothing more than to be a good servant to my master." commented the Rider humbly as the Matou boy grumbled something under his breath. "Uncle Kariya said that you were going to be a loyal servant, and that I should treat you like one. I can't have a limp servant in this situation can I?" the boy told his servant as he walked around the school and then flung his arms to both sides. "And YOU don't you dare talk to me like that got it? You said Togami did his best? Look around you what do you see? These people were my friends, and classmates and all of them are now dead! Bah! Sakura, Emiya, it doesn't matter who took all the world's evil in the end it all was the same in the end." growled the Matou as he wrung his hands. Leon looked around him and sighed. "My name is Leon I am in charge of the Secondary Defense Team from Chaldea. We have come to try, and fix the current situation if possible. If not at least reduce the damage. If successful this time period should return to normal. You mentioned all the world's evil? Has an avenger appeared?" Leon asked the boy who looked at him with confusion and shook his head, "I don't know. All I know is that my sister, and her dumb friend caused this mess. Uncle told me that boy would be a good friend for Sakura but he went too far, and messed up! Damn Emiya had to go and take in that evil that tried to taint my sister. I guess I should explain shouldn't I? Something called 'All the World's Evil' tried to take control of my sister, and her dumb friend took it into himself instead. I don't know the rest, or how things turned out they way they did. If we find Sakura we should be able to piece together the rest of the story. I didn't think it was relevant to know to be honest the world's falling apart no point in knowing how right? Rider where was the last time you saw Lancer?" commented Matou as he turned to Rider, "She was with Lady Rin, and her caster friend if memory serves right." said Rider as he stood up tall. "Alright then I guess if you're here to help you should look towards the city. That's where Rin said she'd go to look for survivors...always so considerate..."

The battle was finally won, and the situation began to wind down, to some extent. With the help of the now recovered King of Knights, Archer finished mopping up the remnant of the dragon skeleton foes that had surged to aid the vanquished, corrupted Archer. Haadran dispelled his fields and fell down to his knees, gasping for breath, feeling like his body was on fire. That had been way too much to just do on the spot. It was good that things had worked out, but he was in no hurry to try something like that again in short order.

It was thus with some apprehension that he listened to the rant of Rider's Master and paled at the idea of having to get up and physically restrain his captain in order to stop him from... forcefully rebuking this highschooler, over the disrespect given to the leader of the previous team, Togami. For better or worse, Sabrina actually intervened for him and Leon himself was quite composed in spite of hearing these insults to somebody he seemed to admire so much. Haadran thought that this was admirable and professional in and of itself.

The two just listened attentively to what the strange pair had to say when prodded by Sabrina and Leon. Haadran wanted to ask a few questions himself, but he'd rather just conserve energy as much as possible. Archer had his own opinion about this stranger partner dynamic of the two. More than anything however, Haadran was concerned about this mention of 'All the World's Evil', while Archer had a decidedly more pragmatic bent, crossing his arms and dematerializing his weapon, saying while looking at the kid with his judgmental gaze, "Young Master of Rider, perchance you would share with us some information regarding the participants you're aware of, of this Grail War? It would be a great boon to our efforts."

"That depends on who you want to know about. Archer is dead...Saber is probably just like him, that assassin, and Berserker. The difference is Berserker, and Assassin were killed. I suspect that the heroes who die by the hands of these corrupted husks are turned into one of them. That leaves...Lancer, Caster, and Rider. All three of them have been fighting along side each other. But we're not on the best of terms. We tried to work together but we had to split up. If you think I'm telling their true names to strangers you're stupider than that Emiya kid." growled the young master of Rider as Rider himself sighed, "Do we even know the name of Caster my lord?" asked Rider as the boy glared at Rider who looked down clearly embarrassed for asking that question. "It doesn't matter with the overseer dead there's no point in letting this continue further. This is not a grail war anymore its a fight for our lives."

When Mauto raised his voice to Sabrina's face tensed up. She gave him a dead-eye stare and opened her mouth to speak while taking a step closer. She was quickly grabbed her uniform collar and pull back by Assassin and placed his hand over her mouth. She struggled but no avail while Leon took control of the situation. Mauto gave them some information, mentioning his sister Sakura, her friend Emiya, another Master by the name of Rin and something called the "All The Worlds Evil' which sounded bad enough already.

Haadran than inquired about the servant's fighting in this grail war which Mauto exposed little. He said he didn't trust them which Sabrina actually understood yet still it ticked her off. He did mention something interesting involving the servants that peaked her and Assassin's interested. She broke free from Assassin and turned her head towards her team. "Leon, Haadran, This is really bad. If we fail our servants could in up like that Archer or even the Assassin from earlier." Sabrina than returned her attention to Mauto. "Listen, we're the good guys here I swear, we need that information to help beat these guys. My name is Sabrina May and my servant's name is Sasaki Kojirou, a native as yourself. We need their names if even know one."

Assassin nodded to the boy when she dropped his name. He cared little for class names and really didn't care if his name is mention so casually. "I've hoped you heard me young man, my rival's name is known throughout the world. I doubt I'd still be mentioned today if I hadn't died by their sword. By the way Rider, you revealed your noble phantasm earlier and after some pondering, I've finally deduced it, your true name. Sabrina, I strongly recommend you don't make eye contact with Rider unless you want to betray your felling for Saber." He mentions while looking a Rider's and Mauto's facial expression to see if he hit the mark.

Sabrina looked at Assassin with some confusion. "What do you mean Koji? Hey, stop ignoring me!"

Last edited:
"That's....that's not my fault assassin. Just because I was summoned with this curse does not mean I live with it willingly. But yeah my true name is Diarmuid Ua Duibhne I was one of Lord Fionn's Knights. If you're Sasaki Kojiro I thought you were just a myth. But then again that demon spring heeled jack is jumping around...and of course Lord Arthur it is nice to see you again." said the Rider as Arthur looked up at up with some confusion and was clearly disturbed by the fact that his new 'ally' had used a past tense to refer to him. "You know me from before this event? That's impossible I don't know you at all." commented Arthur sternly as he made his way over to Rider to take a closer look at him. Leon allowed this even in his restored state Rider wouldn't take a shot at Saber in this circumstance. "Because I believe that someone here is another form of you. Unless I was mistaken this whole time, and it was actually Richard the Lionheart. Either way I'm sorry to have to break this to you but someone else wields Excalibur here." said Diarmuid to Arthur as he stood there stunned he felt a sinking feeling in his gut. "You're....not lying...if that is the case then this has become even more personal for me. If there truly is another iteration of me here then I must follow through. Unless the others still have questions to ask you, and Matou we should ride to assist Caster. The gold boy told us that he was in danger too." said Arthur as Rider raised an eyebrow, "Gold boy?" asked Rider as Leon moved into help Saber, "It doesn't matter about him. Hey guys any questions? We should leave the small talk aside while we run there. We need to regroup with Caster as soon as possible." Leon said as the Matou boy stood quietly simmering as he tapped his foot on the ground.

Archer just raised an eyebrow at the Master of Rider's rude and rebuke. At least he had said something of use. It was unfortunate that such a person had to be the one they had to cooperate with, but in their situation, they couldn't well just choose not to.

Haadran nodded somberly at Sabrina as she voiced her concerns. The implications of the fate of the fallen were too sinister not to be on guard. They would have to be careful and plan accordingly... at least some information had been obtained, but the more they learned the stranger it all seemed. Another persona of King Arthur? Not something he was content with having to face. Numbers may be on their side, but still..

"There are questions of course, Master of Saber, but it is folly to ask them for now. I have no qualms with making haste.", so said Archer as he materialized his ahtlatl once more. Haadran was a little puzzled at this, but he managed to stand, even though he was wobbling, and likewise state "I agree, let's go. Captain I'd like to request a briefing on... Wha-?!".

He cut off as Archer used his strange weapon to catch him by the clothes, around the nape of the neck, and lifted him up like a kitten, resting the weapon on his shoulder. Needless to say, Haadran was quite confused an embarrassed at this development. "Archer, what is the meaning of this? Put me down!", was his outburst, but the Aztec King responded without even batting an eyelash, "Denied. You can barely stand; your current state you will slow us down, Master. This will allow you to continue your rest."

Having said as much, Haadran did indeed quiet down, knowing his Servant was right. Even if it wasn't very pleased, he just sighed, nodded and crossed his arms in resignation. Archer for his part just looked at the others, as impassive as ever, ready to set out.

"Detection reads life signs still active in the general area of the bridge. Director Orson has informed me that you should hasten your pace but not at the cost of wasting all of your stamina. If you all believe you need it take a moment to catch your breath. As vital as the situation is we need you all alive no dead." Archimedes said chiming in through the ear pieces as kept along with his trail of thought his voice was simply that of a business man reading off an unimportant list. "Saber is known to have counterparts through various singularities. Rider, Lancer, Saber, are known variations of the Arthur Legend. Rider, and Lancer are out of the question that leaves the enemy saber. Confirmation will be needed for further information to be given. Haadran you are not to waste more of your mana unless necessary. You're vitals are lowering, and further decrease may prove to be dangerous. Operators Sabrina, and Leon your reserves are fine. We would like to congratulate you for your quick thinking Haadran, and Sabrina. You fought well." Archimedes said further as Rider looked around and covered his face with his hand after stabbing his spear into the ground. "I'm a failure as a knight...I let all of these people get hurt..." commented Rider solemnly as he slightly shook it place his voice cracked. "Diarmuid you're legend tells of a brave knight who was brave, as he was loyal. Your life was difficult. And it still is it appears. However hope is never foolish...even when it is. Believe in yourself, and together we shall win the day." Arthur spoke up with a smile he spoke proudly, and clearly as he went over to Rider and patted him on the shoulder. "Hey Archimedes is there any other detections we should know about?" Leon questioned the caster quietly and calmly as Archimedes responded that there was a small signature that matched what appeared to be a servant back where they came from but it may be from the golden archer child and that Caster's recovery was more important. The other lot operators were a secondary objective now.

Assassin didn't mean to offend Rider if he had. His Love Spot was hazardous to his master and it would have been disloyal not to address it at all. "It wouldn't matter if we all wore myths in the end anyway. As long as we're recognized by humanity we are able to materialize." Rider went on to explain that he'd meet Saber before, which meant another King of Knights was running around this hellhole that was once a city. "Interesting. I've never heard of this happening before, what are the chances?" Leon then asked if the Sabrina and Haadran had more questions.

Sabrina had a few which pertained to "All the Worlds Evil" and the "Avenger" class that was passingly mentioned earlier, but the current objective was more important. She then heard Haadran protest and saw him being hoisted on Archer's back. It was an awkward and amusing position he was in, but it was thoughtful of Archer and for the best. "Yeah, you've been throwing curses around like a cowboy since we arrived. I wish I even had half your circuits and mana reserves to do all that. It's best you rest for now Haadran."

Archimedes congratulated the reserve team on a good job so far. He too agreed with Haadran resting up and regaining of his strength. He also mentioned signs of life near the bridge along with checking for signs in the area. "If that's the case let's get moving. We have 4 servants on our side we couldn't possibly be too much danger. As long as there isn't another servant adapt at using long-range attacks we'll be fine."

Last edited:
Still hanging at Archer's back, Haadran just sighed, gave a sheepish smile and a thumbs up to Sabrina, then snapped a salute towards Leon and Archimedes, saying, "Thank you, Control. Will avoid exertion.". There were still things to be asked, but it would have to wait.

Archer listened to Archimedes' words, nodded and then declared, "We should depart soon.". There were many things on his mind; most notably, the fact that they would have to contend against another persona of the King of Knights. It would be good if Rider joined their efforts, but given what a Master he was cursed with, this was no certainty.