Fate/Grand Order - Worlds Made of Glass - IC

Haadran had to admit, the mannerisms of the King of Knights were not quite what he was expecting. They weren't wrong or anything along those lines, just very much at odds with what he remembered from the tales and what he had imagined about him. Still, he was just a mortal, so it made sense that instead, Archimedes declared King Arthur to be exactly as he had imagined. Oh dear oh dear, two Heroic Spirits in the same room already, and his twin-tailed colleague was already flirting with one while setting up to call forth her own.

The summoning process again happened smoothly and Haadran tried to be patient and contain his anticipation. When it was finally over and the result was shown, he was no less impressed; if anything, he might be even more impressed, given the familiarity they were all showing to the venerable swordmaster. Haadran was not exactly sure why he showed up as an Assassin, but it was not his place to guess. Somewhat embarrassed, he offered the newly arrived samurai a respectful bow. It was hard to parse, this fellow - the serenity he gave off in waves was something else.

Once he joined Sabrina in stepping off the platform, he took a deep and sullen breath, slowly walking up to the assigned position to perform his own summoning. He knew the ritual, had seen it with his own eyes now. It was time to begin, no fields needed to be in place, but just for their calming effect, he donned his rings. Steadying his breathing and voice, contrasting with his usual subdued tone, he called out, a hand raised towards the circle, eyes closed,

"Let silver and steel be the essence.
Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation of our connection.
Let rise a wall against the destruction that shall come.
Let the four cardinal gates close to open up a new world.
Let each be turned over five times, simply breaking asunder the fulfilled time
Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate.
"

Haadran opened his eyes, and focused forward all his will and might,

"Heed my words,
my will creates your body, and your sword creates my destiny!
If you heed humanity's call, and obey my will and reason,
then, answer my Summoning!
"

He grasped raised forearm with his other hand,

"I hereby swear,
that I shall be all the good in the world;
that I shall defeat, all evil in the world!
"

He envisioned his success, and the nobility of the goal

"This is a call to preserve the future!
This is a call to serve mankind;
this is a call to save the world!
"

He raised his voice even more, grasping the coming spirit, welcoming it to the mortal axis,

"Seventh Heaven clad in the great words of power,
come forth from the circle of binding,
Guardian of Scales!
"

The ensuing flash of light and magic blinded him for a moment, but Haadran did not close his eyes. When it subsided and he could once more see, before him stood a dark-skinned man, proudly dressed in what he guessed was some sort of indigenous garb, a regal, feathered headdress on his head. The man's eyes were focused on Haadran, passing judgment on the summoner, arms crossed and charred at their endings.

"The Servant, Archer, responds to your plea. I, Cuauhtémoc, have seen a world fall once. Let us work together to stop it from happening again, Master."

Reactions: Cush Almighty
King Arthur comment made Kojirou chuckle. "I promise, I am far more skilled than your friend Agravain. In life, I was unmatched. Many have fallen to me within a single swing." Kojirou was boasting to Arthur of his skill and all in earshot. He wasn't lying, usually, a duel was over in a swing as one should always try to do. When Leon spoke to him he nodded. "Same to you, Leon." Sabrina then replied after. "I guess, I've never failed a mission before." Her confidence in her servant was evident. He wasn't the type to fail.

Finally, Haadran made his way to the circle and commenced the ritual. He spoke all his verses correctly and as if he's done it before. It appeared natural for him. Haadran was a noticeably older man. Sabrina imagines Haadran was an experienced Magus and would a nice addition to the team.

With the ritual was complete and the FATE system powered down completely. In the circle stood a man in Aztec clothing. He looks strong and sturdy. He announced himself which forced Sabrina to think for a moment on his name. "Hmm, Cuauhtémoc?" She didn't recognize it but could tell he was a legendary Aztec. "I've never heard of him. I wonder what made him a Heroic Spirit?"

Kojirou looked at Archer and the first thing he notices was his physique. He was strong, look more suited for close combat by his opinion. As an Archer-class servant, he would at an advantage if they were to fight. He imagines it would come down to speed and the number of shots Archer could fire at once.

Last edited:
"Have I wronged you in some way that you insult my brother with such a claim? If so I apologize if not then I would ask you refrain from saying such arrogantly insulting things from a dear friend of my own." said Arthur with his smile evaporating from the insult towards his brother of the round table. A fellow knight, and one of Arthur's own closest companions. "You may talk ill of me if you like but not of my fellow knights. Even if we must work together to save the world I will not tolerate such nonsense." Arthur warned Kojiro very sternly. "Please you two calm down for a moment. Let Heat do his thing. We have no time for bickering." Leon told his fellows with a stern voice as Arthur bowed his head to his master in apology for his outburst.

As the next set of summoning ended there was yet another man standing in the middle of the circle this time a very unfamiliar spirit who went by a name Leon was very much baffled with. It may have been Native American but he garb clearly indicated something different.
"Arthur do you know him?" Leon asked as Arthur shook his head as he looked down on the new comer. "Personally I was not alive for his legend to be passed down to me. He came much later than I. However the throne of heroes tells me this one was a king not unlike myself. A conquered one. I would expect someone like him to be berserker. However he is thankfully an archer it would seem. Welcome to our world sir I apologize for not calling you by name but I would not want to insult you by trying to pronounce your name. It is very foreign to someone like me." Arthur said to the newly summoned spirit after informing Leon of what he did know.

Orson walked up now as he clapped his hands, "
Impressive job control team! You did well, it went without a hitch. You too Archimedes thank you for your continued assistance in this matter." Orson said as the staff around the FATE system patted each other on the back, and cheered as they had once more had the system go off without it breaking down, or failing to summon a servant. Archimedes on his part simply nodded, "Expecting anything other than perfection from one such as myself is a insult Director but I thank you for the praise none the less." Archimedes said as he crossed his arms. "As for Team 2 I'd like for you all to take a moment and greet each other before we go to the coffins. We must be ready to go soon but not knowing who you're working with may make the job more difficult." commented Orson as he looked over to the newly assembled team his eyes stern but his posture had softened at least.

Cuauhtémoc heard the comments being made, managing a "Just Archer is fine, King of Knights.", before the Director began speaking. It was simple to tell that he was the authority to follow in this land and time. He did agree that some level of greetings were required for optimal cooperation, and looked forward to that to some extent.

Haadran was deep in thought - while he tried to pay attention to the comments from the others, he currently had to find out why. Why had the the last ruler of the Aztecs come to his side. Haadran's journeys had taken him far and wide across the planet. He was no stranger to the New World. He knew of the conquest and had even walked the lands where it happened. He remembered the stories he heard from people he helped and people he hurt. Perhaps it was because of that? It was something that maybe he'd have to ask the Servant directly, which was somewhat daunting because of the aura of absolute seriousness he seemed to have.

When it was all said, however, and the time for interaction was at hand, Haadran came back from his pondering to find his Servant addressing the others in the room. His footing was loose, with the open and beige sandals contrasting harshly with his blackened feet and lower legs; his arms were crossed in a somewhat relaxed fashion, but the stern expression was there just as when he had been summoned.

"The King of Knights in person, this is a pleasant surprise. The respect you offer I offer back. Being a Berserker is a possibility, but it would raise compatibility issues in these my circumstances... I look forward to complementing your swordplay with my sniping."

Unwilling to interrupt a chat between two Heroic Spirits, Haadran instead turned to Sabrina and Assassin. He put away his rings and putting his hands together, decided to broach another issue he was readily curious about, trying to keep his enthusiasm under control...

"Miss Sabrina, that is right? I look forward to working together with you, we must sometime discuss tactics available to us, and and, and of course, this most excellent Assassin, Kojiro-dono I recall is the proper way to say it? I, forgive me for asking, but, you and this young miss, the two of you are acquainted prior? It is most extraordinary!"

"I won't lie. I hunted pagans like yourself back when I was still a king. But for now I am willing to put that aside. You may believe in whatever god, or gods you desire as long as you seek to help us turn the world for the better. I offer you my respect though as a fellow king of men. Though our circumstances are vastly different I hope that we all work together for the best." Arthur told the man in front of him as he acknowledged the respect shown towards him. He wasn't sure how to properly handle the situation at hand many people like him had fallen to Arthur's blade be it Caliburn, or Excalibur. Leon looked at the man in front of him and nodded before approaching him, "I am Leon I look forward to fighting along side you. I have seen many heroic spirits but few were natives of America. I am also Saber's Master. I may not seem much but I will be giving the orders out there for us as a unit. I hope that won't be any trouble sir? I'd say your majesty but that wasn't a title passed around natives they had chiefs, and emperors of sorts with various acknowledgements of the title. I don't wish to insult you by saying something wrong."

Upon hearing Saber, Archer's stern expression softened somewhat to offer a confident grin, responding,

"Hah, your magnanimity precedes you, King of Knights. I, of course, respond in kind - your heart need not be offered to appease the gods. I'm sure our cooperation will bring us triumph."

He then turned enough to face Leon directly, looking him over once and then at Haadran, then back at him, and offered a nod, holding his chin with one hand, then said,

"Greetings, Master of Saber. My Master seems like the kind to defer to you and as such, so will I. I look forward to witnessing your prowess. As for a title... Majesty, as you say, is better suited to the like of the King of Knights. This language has a variant I like: while it's true that 'King' or 'Emperor' fit, 'Prime Speaker' better retains the nuance of the original, huey tlatoani."

"Forgive me, I didn't mean to offend. I sometimes forget about the sensitivities of westerners." He replied, A smug still on his face. Assassin found it quite easy to get a rise out of Saber. He was loyal to his comrades, a desirable trait among allies.

"KOJI!" Sabrina yelled directly into Assassins ear. She turned to Saber to apologize for her servant's actions. "I'm sorry, he's a little insensitive at times. He's really isn't that bad, I promise." She then turns back to Assassin. "Stop antagonizing our co-workers. It the reason we get moved so much!"

Still smirking, Assassin turned his face from Sabrina. "As you wish Master, I was oblivious to what I was doing."

Sabrina gave Haadran a friendly smile and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you Haadran, It should be fun.You're older than I expected, I imagine your an adept mage." She said before catching herself. "Oops! I didn't me anything by it. Wisdom is good."

Assassin chuckled at his Master's witless comment. Sabrina always said what was on her mind if it wouldn't compromise thing, even if it slips out. Assassin likens his Master to an immature teenage girl yet that was only one side of her. It was a way to hide what she really was. "Sorry for my Master, she's careless with her words at times. And yes, It's is proper but I am no longer a lord, just a swordsman among many across the span of time."

"As for me and Assassin be already acquainted, we're unfortunately linked. Every time I summon he's the one who pops out. And when he gets bored he makes me release him. I wish I could get someone like the Saber for once. A King of anything would do, even Atilla the Hun, He might be cute." Assassin chuckled. "Once again, modern history tense to forget the smaller details I see."

"So tell me Haadran, you too Leon, What's your magecraft? I can produce electricity. I can even use it to augment my reaction time through electrical impulses." She explained. It was alright to share her skills, they were teammates now anyway.

"Please I am no more than what I appear to be: a swordsman who once sat around a long round table long since disbanded.My master need not call me anything but Saber. I am his loyal servant now nothing more, nothing less. I wish no conquests, no glorious charges, or people bowing to me. All I would like is for the world to be safe for everyone. Good, evil, or in between the world must not be allowed to burn." Arthur once more insisted it was beginning to dawn on him that thee people would not consider him anything less than the grand hero king his legend made him out to be. Well he hoped in time they would just accept him as the knight he was, and not the glorified king of Camelot. He long ago washed away that image. However as the girl called Sabrina yelled in Assassin's ear he couldn't help but cringe a bit from the high pitch of her voice. Still he did his best not to appear unfriendly. "Miss Sabrina was it? I promise you I will not take to insults like a child. I am a fair enough man to see the other way. As long as we all work together, and not badger one another too much I will pay no mind. I'm sure Assassin is just not use to conversation. Though I do appreciate the fact that you think so highly of me. It does well to know people like my legend as poor as it is in the end." Saber further repsonded to Sabrina as he breathed out slowly, and recomposed himself.

Leon simply smiled at Archer, and nodded at him in acknowledgement. He was glad to see the man was as humble as Arthur in some regard. Proud servants were the worst they tended to scream, and rave when they didn't get their way.
"I hope you know Atilla was an infamous womanizer and would probably try to sleep with you if he turned out to be male Sabrina. But moving onto a more pleasant subject...Well as you know Sabrina I was raised, and trained in the School of the Winchester family arts. My grand father learned much of it in China, and my father refined it. It is specialized in wind magic now but my grand father used fire. It's brutal but accurate. I also have an aptitude for water magic so that I can freeze small bits of air and turn it into weapons though I am at my best during battles near bodies of water to draw upon. I'm much more at home fighting evasive battles than direct assaults. Undermine, and overcome is the game I play." Leon informed Heat, and Sabrina as Archimedes walked over to them and sighed, "Are you all almost done? We have a world to save." Archmiedes said sternly pointing out the reason they had summoned the three servants in the first place.

Sabrina and Kojiro being so inextricably linked felt somewhat like fate to Haadran. He wasn't wholly sure just what that meant in terms of what similarities there could be between the two. He could at least appreciate the honesty and Kojiro's humility. It would make working together easier. And speaking of which, when he heard Sabrina's question, an ear-to-ear smile showed up on his face! Haadran was trying hard to control his breathing, but this was a chance to tell somebody about his passion and craft. He did manage to parse Sabrina's own magic to some extent, strange strategies already being formed in his churning mind. Rubbing his hands together eagerly, he began, eyes wide and slightly psychotic in their glee,

"A-ah! Very offensive, very practical, very Sabrina, yes yes! Most interesting magic, I haven't met many electricity users! And, of course yes, as for my own... Bounded fields, fair lady. It is my nature and purpose to trap and destroy and they are uniquely suited to such a purpose, ah ah ah, but not by themselves no no, I am a strange man versed in curses, much reviled though they may be in many circles, I bend them to my purposes and oh the beauty they impart, they will work wonders for our teamwork I assure you and to think...!"

Before he could ramble on any further, however, Archimedes interrupted the group's talking. Haadran took it as his cue to shut up, holding a hand over his mouth and apologetically looking at Sabrina, his sullen demeanor quickly returning. He also realized at some point the Captain had also chimed in about his specialties. It was embarrassing but he had to admit that he'd gotten carried away and hadn't actually heard everything; he'd have to ask Leon directly at a later point...

Or he would have, but Archer had of course seen everything transpire, and with a slightly disapproving sigh, approached Haadran and let him know with a whisper that he'd fill in the details as they proceeded with the next step. He did take the time to look at Archimedes and with a gesture, say

"Guide us then, Wizard."

"I'm starting to wish I was working with that arrogant fool Togami..." Archimedes stated as he beckoned the group to follow him down the hallway. The group followed him leaving Orson behind he said nothing letting Archimedes take command of the situation. The Wizard of Balance led them down to a rather off looking room. The walk was without incident, and very much quiet. As Archimedes opened the door they entered a room full of cylindrical tubes three of which occupied by the former masters of Team 1 whom were still in cyrostatis. Archimedes then opened a corresponding amount of tubes for the other masters. "Servants stand in the circle in the middle of the room. You will be directly rayshifted there as you are magical beings you need not use the coffins. Masters take your place in the rayshift machines, and take this." commented Archimedes as he handed them all ear pieces, and a small projection device in the shape of a small round pad. "This will be a bizarre experience for you Mister Haadran but you should suffer no side effects from the rayshift. The chances of communications being cut off this time are slim but still possible. The devices I handed you will automatically adjust to the setting once there. You will be without my advice for a few minutes but no more than that. You're objective is to pacify Fuyuki. Objectives unknown and will be determined once reached. Secondary objective is to find out if Team 1 is still alive. The bodies are still in the sleeping coffins but they haven't told us if they are deceased or not. If they are not found by the end of the mission they will be assumed dead, and removed. I wish you all luck"

Archimedes told the group all they needed to know and as they entered the coffins a cold feeling creeped over the three masters, and they felt lighter...the world turned dark around them but was followed by a swift rush of magical prana that transferred them into the new realm.

=====

Chapter 1:
Fuyuki Bathed in Blackened Flames

Leon felt himself touch down on concrete he breathed in calmly as he took a moment to readjust to the setting he was in. Leon blinked his eyes, and tried to take in the sudden darkness around him. Then he coughed hard as he breathed in the smokey fumes around him. Leon was off taken by the jarring sense of atmospheric change he wondered if he had been transported into the middle of some kind of fight. But then he actually managed to get his senses back in control as he looked up at the black sky. He wasn't sure if it was just night time, or if the sky was covered in some sort of black magic, or just smoke initially but it became clear it was night, and the smell of burnt wood was shifting in the air around them, along with a pungent odor of death.

As Leon pulled out the small pad Archimedes had given him he quickly activated it and the machine gave a beeping in response. The machine began to process something Leon was unsure of but he figured it was best to set up communications as quick as he could. Thankfully a rather reassuring face appeared next to him not a few moments later. Arthur stood beside his master as he looked around, taking much less time to adjust to the setting.
"This place isn't normal it should have natural leylines here if what I feel is correct but...I don't know what is this place?" Arthur said as he looked around the place. Leon also looked around and saw the broken, and burnt remain of a temple behind him. The walls around him were covered in blood, and a few skeletons where thrown about that explained the smell of the place. The ground was covered in ashes, and Leon was sure that there was a battle here by the sign of craters here, and there around the ground. "If I'm correct...I believe we're at...the remains of Ryuudou temple. Hey guys are you ok?" commented Leon as he turned to see if his group was doing fine. Arthur stood in place with a look of extreme disgust, and discomfort. He eyes the surroundings nervously but kept his composure.

Team B did as Archimedes instructed them. The servants gather in the summoning circles while their masters enter the coffins that allowed them to Rayshift. The process was a quick and transcended experience that let you travel time. Sabrina landed and notice how thick the air was with smoke. It made it difficult to breathe and cause Sabrina short coughing fit. The smoke also caused her eyes to burn as well. It was bad here, not entirely suitable for human life.

Sabrina adjusted to air and got a better look at her surroundings. They were in a ruin and blood-soaked temple that had bodies spread around it with craters in the floors and walls. She then heard Leon and quickly responded. "I'm fine along with Assassin." She responded still trying to get a feel of the area. "So this is Fuyuki? I imagine the actual city is thousand times worse in person. Haadran! You okay?"

Kojirou was not bothered by the air or his surroundings. It was no different from what he had seen in life. He imagined the same would be for Saber and Archer as well. The temple was destroyed in wake of some battle. This might be the place that started the entire thing. Kojirou took a glace a Saber and noticed his disgusted face. This was an ugly site for sure but one warrior had seen many times. He then turned his attention to Archer. "This is the outcome of a war is it not Archer? The citizens always pay for it." He then turned to Leon and Saber. "You're leading this team so I best direct this question to you. Do you plan to keep us a unit or split up to cover more ground?"

"If the temple is like this yeah the city is probably fucked...that smoke in the sky has to come from somewhere, and this temple is already ash. Whatever happened in this singularity caused all sorts of problems. We need to find what it is first. Sticking together is our best best. Fir-" Leon began as suddenly Saber slammed his sword into the ground into what must have been a dragon tooth warrior which had been cut in half. "Watch yourself master there seems to be enemies still lingering around here. This one was cut in half by something there may still be heroic spirits nearby." commented Arthur quickly as he looked around seeing no vestiges of any remaining threat Saber began to walk around the temple courtyard. "I'll search the nearby area, if I may be so bold I recommend we take a look at the nearby city. I am unfamiliar with this city and thus can't give directions but it seems reasonable enough. I won't be going far don't worry I just want to clear the area." Arthur stated as he moved around the courtyard looking for the remains of any more skeleton warriors. "Y-yeah what Saber says we should check the city first, and then once we figured out our priorities we can figure out the rest from there."

Haadran listened to Archer's summary of Leon's abilities as they walked, pondering the implications and telling Archer about his own in some more detail. His attention swiftly turned to Archimedes when he was called out, receiving the earpiece and projection device. The latter was new to Haadran, but he took it without hesitation and heeding Archimedes' words, stepped into the coffin and closed his eyes. He was ready. He would prove his worth to Chaldea, and show that in spite of dripping in the worst that magecraft had to offer, he could bend it to his will, for the Greater Good.

The darkness and chill swept in... and were immediately washed away by a surge of magic that gave way to concrete. On his head.

Anybody that noticed it upon arrival would see that bizarrely, Haadran had landed skull-first onto the ground. He was disoriented, but hearing Leon and Sabrina call out to him set him straight, and with surprising spryness he flipped unto his feet, coughing and pushing up his sunglasses to better appreciate his surroundings while saying, "Rough landing, but I'm fine."

Archer, in contrast landed with grace and surveyed the surroundings, with a bizarre mix of glee and sadness and disgust and comfort coming and going on his features. As his Master took in their surroundings, Archer felt -and looked- perfectly at home. He heard Assassin, and grimly nodded at him, resting his hand on a bone at his feet, answering "As you say. Citizens will always get caught in the crossfire. It has been awhile since last I saw devastation like this, it appears I am fated to repeat the experience once again..."

Haadran slipped on his rings. This was not how he would operate in general, so using them from the get-go was an unfortunate necessity. After a near-murmured "Deploying hiding field."He quickly moved his hands and got to work, setting up a small field to cover their current location and imbuing it with the Curse of Senses - it was crude work due to the needed haste, so he'd have to maintain it himself until they left, but he felt it a necessary precaution. Anything outside the field upon looking/hearing/smelling at the courtyard would perceive it as though they weren't there, and anything... unpleasant inside it would be heavily disoriented with mixed and crisscrossing and nonsensical inputs.

It was when he was slightly more relaxed that the magnitude of the smell and the sight hit Haadran. The ruined remains of the temple, the skeletons and the smoke and the fire... He'd come back to Hell. This wasn't the first time he'd seen something like this, which is why he could parse an aberration like his current surroundings. War and disaster zones of multiple kinds were among the many places he'd wound up in during his journeys.

When mission control had said things were bad here, he didn't imagine it would be on this scale. Is the entire planet going to wind up like this?, he thought. Just what had happened in this Ryuudou Temple, as Leon called it? Saber was right, exploring the city to gain intel was a priority...

Archer had armed himself with his ahtlatl, the cane-like weapon resting agains his shoulder. He had likewise prepared just a few obsidian shards, not that given the state of this temple and the likely state of the city he'd be sore for ammunition. After verifying his Master's work with an approving nod, he glanced at Leon and Saber, declaring, "Master of Saber. I concur with the King of Knights. Recommend finding high-ground within the city for optimal surveying."

"It is our duty as kings to avoid such cross fire incidents Archer. It makes me ill to see civilians injured like this...still if we correct this singularity I hope the things in the world will go correct. Devastation is caused by overtly ambitious people sort of like my son Mordred. He wanted the throne so bad he tried to kill me for it. He succeeded. Took a sword right through the chest. I never wanted that for him. He wasn't ready to be king just yet if he had shown an aptitude for the duties of a king I would've let him do so. But enough of that talk this isn't about me." Arthur said as he suddenly went off on a tangent remembering the past, and the destructive caused by his son he could not help but coming this to his own issues. Still something wasn't right he felt off as if the counter-force was pushing on him. Leon looked at Saber with a sense of loss flooding over him. He felt Saber's own discomfort, and it made him feel quite uneasy because of it. King Arthur's end wasn't a glorious one yet his tale lives on.

However as Leon felt a rumbling in the device in his hand Leon let the small pad go and in front of them stood a holographic projection of Archimedes as he looked around the area he sighed in disgust.
"Good at least one thing works...this era proves that humanity is a pestilence at it's worse. Willing to destroy for more power. It makes me ill that such things like this would be allowed to happen. I don't understand why it happened but the destructive nature of this situation appears to be some sort of magic based force. Be it servants, or spells this was done by the work of something of our kind. Be warned signature detects a servant pretense nearby. Proceed with caution." Archimedes said with deep seated distaste as Arthur stepped up to talk, "Humanity is fundamentally flawed, and for our flaws Jesus died on the cross. I believe the world is worth saving just as you do Archimedes but I would ask that you not look on things so bleakly here. It has seen it's fair share of war it needs not someone to throw it down further." Saber told the Caster as he nodded but did not apologize. Leon picked up the pad, and advanced forward Archimedes turning into a smaller hologram that fit more onto the small round projector.

"We can come back here later for now let us establish what's happening let's move forward." ordered Leon as he took the lead along with Archer looking around for the exit he found it was in shambles mostly but the destroyed wall was cleared by some force or another. Leon kept moving forward as he came to the front of the staircase he could see the orange sky in the distance through the trees but couldn't see the city itself. It made Leon's heart drop but he needed to keep in mind there was a servant nearby. As Leon descended he noticed more, and more destroyed remains of monsters, and reanimated skeletons. Dragon Teeth Warriors were common it would seem as they lay in shambled remains all around them. As Leon looked towards the horizon he could make out more of the city as they descended but choose not to look out of fear of what he may see discouraging him further.

As Leon descended down the stairs with Saber however they came across a young boy no older then eleven or ten. He wore a black jacket, and a white t-shirt. He was not covered in any debris, or dirt which only meant he was the mysterious servant. He had his back turned to them and was sitting on the staircase. He had blonde hair, and seemed to be unaware of what was happening behind him until he spoke up,
"More distortions? The last ones failed you know. At least too my knowledge they did. Still I know you're not here to make things worse, if that's even possible. It's not my place to stop all of this...but it hurts knowing I could. There was suppose to be a hero who could stop this but he...well...he didn't live up to his own hype." commented the young boy in Japanese as he stared out into the distance for a moment longer before turning around. His smooth pale skin, and sad expression were off set by his murky red eyes.

"I warn you if you go further than this it will not be pretty...I would know..."
the boy said sadly. "So you know we're not from here? Regardless we must move forward our intention is to save the world we must not let this corruption spread. I will not allow it not on morals, or otherwise!" Leon told the boy with vigor as Arthur stepped forward the boy looked at the man in front of him with a strange look as if he was staring into a mirror. "Young man you seem to know a lot of this place why will you not help?" asked Saber as the young man puckered his lips, and turned back towards the city, "Because not unlike you I am not a product of this war. The other me would laugh at such destruction, and find it more funny than not. But I'm not him...I refuse to let him come out. If I help I may not do it right. I would rather be apathetic than hurt people. I refuse to let more innocent people die...maybe I should step in. But there are still heroes left to fight them. Not you others. Still...I wonder if they'll survive for much longer."

Once Team B was situated they began to work. Haadran set up a bounded field that would interfere with the senses of others. This could now serve as a base for the time being. Archimedes joined them through hologram look disgusted with the world around them as expected. This place was horrible and disgusting but only Archimedes would take this time insult humanity. Archimedes was human himself once so why have such disgust for humanity, why even help them? Sabrina brushed off his pessimistic comment off and let him continue speaking and warn them of the nearby servant. Sabrina smiled when Saber opposed Archimedes dour view of Humanity. "Amen Saber."

The team moved forward trying to find an exit for the temple. They soon found around them Dragon Teeth Warriors scattered around. She looked Assassin who had an indifferent look on his face as they came upon the temple stairs. There they could now see orange skies and trees obscuring the city. Assassin could tell, the color of the sky was orange because it's reflecting a blaze.

Sabrina and Assassin followed Leon and Saber down the stairs. As they descended the stairs, they found a young boy sitting on the steps. He turned to them and noticed they were distortions. The young boy had golden blonde hair, murky red eyes, and pale skin. He talked like he encountered team A as well and spoke of their defeat. He didn't seem happy while he told them the news and seem genuinely sad. He warned them not to advance but when he mentions heroes still fighting she spook up.

"Leon, we need to get going. We can't force this kid to help us. In the city, Team A is still fighting while we chat. They need help." She commented sounding concern. She turned to the boy to thank him. "Thank you, boy. I'm not sure who you are and why you won't step in but no need to worry, Chaldea reserve Team is here to save the day."

"Sounding as confident as ever Master." Assassin commented. He put one of his hands on his swords handle. "From what this stranger says theirs a battle going on and we're standing here doing nothing." Looked towards his fellow servant. "Should we move ahead without are masters, they would just get in the way after all." Kojirou was obviously itching for a fight.

"You don't need to know who I am....I guess you can call me...archer? A silly name but it was what I was when I came here. Still do you even have any idea where you're going? Hard to find heroes in a burnt down city like this..." commented the young man as he pointed in two separate directions. "The bridge. And the school. Caster, and I believe Rider? You have two choices. One holds the young lady who loved the hero. The other holds the boy who believed himself better than anyone else. They're both in trouble. Assassin is on the loose." commented the young boy as he adjusted his black coat. "Thanks for the info Archer but are you sure you won't help us? You're obviously a servant, and you know what' going on. We could use the help." asked Leon as he put off Sabrina, and knelt down next to the boy. "What are you worried about." Leon asked as the boy cringed as if he was feeling a deep pain in his chest. He looked down at his feet. "I'm afraid I'm going to make things worse." commented the boy as Saber looked with disapproval at Assassin, "Don't be so eager to enter a fight. We should learn all we can about the situation before entering into a contest to end the threat. The last team failed it's possible it's because they didn't know what was happening. As such I suggest we lean on the side of caution."

Haadran was relieved as he saw the Wizard of Balance manifest from the holographic projector. Marvelous technology indeed. After the small discussion, he followed after the group and dispelled the field. He hadn't expected to hear about the grim end of King Arthur's life. It was a stark contrast to his optimistic position on how humanity was worth saving. Haadran himself wasn't so sure - after all the atrocities he'd seen around the world, it was hard to argue that mankind's good outweighed the bad. It felt a little contradictory in this light to be participating in a mission to save humanity, but duty was duty nonetheless.

When the group eventually found the kid on the stairs, he felt a little conflicted. It made no sense for a child of all things to be in the midst of this devastation, unharmed. Haadran felt on edge just by his presence, and the nonchalance of his words. Archer seemed undisturbed by the development, but he observed the kid and listened to his words. Haadran considered asking the kid a few things himself, considering how knowledgeable he seemed to be in the light of Saber and Leon's prodding, but backed out on it when it was indeed confirmed that he was a Servant, something that Sabrina seemed to take in stride. When he chose not to speak, however, Archer did, leaning next to this kid Archer on the stairs, and saying something inexplicable with an utterly incompatible, concerned smile

"The lady speaks truth, you need not be concerned. You seem to be suffering very much, son. I am not one to force it on anyone, but if you wish the final solace, let me know and I will help you offer your heart to the sun, that you may be free of this grieving that accosts you."

Baffled at Archer's suggestion, Haadran just leaned towards Leon and whispered,

"... Captain, Saber is right that we need additional information, but even if we acquired it somebody has to lead the the charge into the fray like Assassin wishes. Also... do either of those descriptions match any of the agents from the first team?"

"That is not as comforting as you may think sir. I'd rather keep my heart in my chest. Otherwise I'd have gone down there to end it all. I have a purpose here otherwise that priest wouldn't have demanded I come here. What that was, was lost when he was murdered by berserker." commented the young man as he remembered the event but in contrast to the sadness he felt about the other situations he spoke with a cruel sense of irony with that statement as if that event in particular was somewhat satisfying to him. "No the others didn't have a love thing going, and Togami is already back. It could be Blake at the school he always thought himself superior to Togami...even though it was clear he wasn't. If so Zhao Yun would be there though not Rider. Maybe....maybe it is one of the others, and our rider. I don't know what to make of it. I don't know for certain but some believe that Rin Tousaka was in love with Emiya from this era. They stayed together after the war. But that's only idle speculation from other Chaldea agents." Leon responded to Heat as Archimedes spoke up from the intercom.

"My guess is that there are remainder mages who were fighting in this war. Or it could be our own agents but my gut feeling tells me they're dead if the situation is this bad. The kid has an extraordinary power level. My gut feeling is the kid is a much older heroic spirit than most. Spirits are summoned in bodies that are useful for them. Even if he refuses to help it would be unwise to forget about him. Readings indicate that the bridge area has a large amount of enemies detected near it. But there is a powerful reading towards the school. It may be best to rescue the boy first, and then go to the bridge. Chances are they will last longer."
Archimedes said as the boy eyed the group with a neutral look but it was almost like he understood what was going on just by looking at them. But he offered no other words. "I believe we should head for the school first. As much as rescuing the lady sounds good I believe it is a more sound plan to attempt to rescue the one in the most danger first. However we could end up falling into a trap. The bridge seems like the safer option in my opinion but it may just be mindless fighting." commented Arthur as the boy spoke up. "The school is much closer just a FYI." The boy said politely.

"So.... you could solve this situation, end it as it were... but this is not your purpose, and even if it were, somebody's death means your purpose has been lost? And yet you aid us with information, don't you feel that just makes you seem lazy, son? You are hard to understand."

Saying as much, Archer stood up and listened to Archimedes' information, arms crossed. Haadran did so as well after hearing Leon's response. He could agree that this Archer kid had some strange logic that wasn't easily followed. With the Archimedes' input, their understanding of the situation had changed. He addressed the group, saying,

"We can make it our objective to reach the bridge, but as it is farther away, we could stop at the school first and decide on whether and how to intervene after observing the situation there up close, including the powerful entity that the Wizard of Balance detected."

"Could you beat a man with a hand tied behind your back archer? I believe it would be possible but very difficult. I may have the ability to solve this. May being the key word. In this form my power is quite considerably dampened. However I am also not the raving fool hearty pinhead my older form is. If I was older than I am currently it would be easy to beat the competition. But I have much less resources to work with. I'm also of the opinion my intervention may just make things worse. Considering if I fail...I could become an additional threat to the world." commented the young man losing some of his patience as he frowned at archer.

"I am afraid of failing to actually stop this all. I could just be here to stop the corrupted fires from burning into the other cities near this one. The priest is irrelevant he had ambitions to high for his own good. I have many things within my vision but I am not completely always positive that the outcome will be as I imagine it. I fear someone may have the power to overcome me even with all my strength. And in doing so turn me into something wrong. Like Assassin, and berserker did. Like Caster, and Rider will be if you waste more time asking me the wrong questions."
the young man stated further as he waved his hand the trees around them shuttered, and the branches broke. On the horizon the city was clearly burning through the holes where the branches use to be. Sky scrapers crumbling, and fires raging. And that was only a fraction of what they could see. "No! Look whatever the case may be the more time we spend arguing about it the more we let this spread! This must not be allowed! I agree with Archer let's head to the school with all haste!" Archer said as Leon nooded silently as he stared at the burning city off in the distance he felt a pit in his gut form. He breathed out deeply. "I believe that is the best course. The school is more dangerous but it's closer. No objections Assassin, Sabrina?"