Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Mecha, Superhero, Anime, Adventure, Magical

The world is a fragile place....for hundreds of thousands of years humanity as struggled through the ages to keep peace, and prosperity always falling back on war. Mages, heroes, and normal humans have struggled to reach out to grasp at fame, fortune, and prosperity. Fear of failure, of defeat, of destruction is always a constant thing. Something to be reminded of every time some single individual reaches out to grasp is the fact that things could go horribly wrong at any given moment. A single alteration, a single failure, a single deviation from the norm...it sends the world into a chaotic spiral, and a distortion is made upon an unsuspecting world. Mages are one of the more common reasons things go wrong.

Be it the Dead Apostles, or an overtly ambitious fellow with too much to gain, and not enough to lose the world tends to fall apart at the touch of fate's hand. Hatred, jealousy, justice, despair, honor, friendship, and other self destructive tendencies have been the cause of mages, and humans alike to fall, and break what should be set in stone. Guidelines, and history itself changing to suit the needs of the many, and the hopeless. Be it for good intentions, or for ill the time line of the world is easily disrupted...perhaps a young man wished for peace...perhaps they rescued a friend...or maybe they just wanted a bit more power...and everything went wrong.

This is Chaldea, The Organization for the Preservation of Human Order, Finis Chaldea is it's full name and we have been active for many years now in the Alps. For a time Chaldea held together the world as it stood for centuries. Perhaps correcting a small lapse in time here, or perhaps making sure the evil mages of the world were kept in check in present time. Regardless it seems that the world itself is rebelling against them at times. More frequently enemy magi have been showing up as if to place the clock tower in checkmate, and destroy Chaldea agents, and finally bring doom upon the world. Many have been defeated. The enemy's true name is not known. However distortions, and changes in time are becoming more frequent forcing the top team of Chaldea to summon servants in an attempt to stop it. This worked for a time...however the recent anomaly has caused an issue...a rift...the first team is lost...dead more than likely. An attempt to stop the destruction of the world is now in the hands of the second team now allowed to summon their servants they prepare for the worst yet to come.

We play as Team B the back up squad, and the second to last line of defense. Chosen for either our skill, our powerful magical lineage, or some other assorted special ability we are effectively the best chance Chaldea has now of stopping the destruction of the world.

====
Rules:
1. All Standard Roleplay Rules Apply. Power Playing, God Modding, and other assorted non-sense is not allowed.

2. No over powered servants. Demi-Gods, and servants such as Gilgamesh, Hercules, and folks of that nature are not allowed. I can't have unkillable servants that make everyone else pale in comparison. The same can extend to a number of characters like the grands (Merlin, King Hassan, etc). Not only that but its possible certain servants may flat out invalidate certain major encounters. Ask before you pick a servant, and I'll help you with them if need be. Other examples may be the likes of Sun Wukong, Guan Yu, Richard the 1st, etc. The level I intend to play with is middle tier, or below servants people like robin hood, Mori Nagayoshi, etc. This way we don't need to go overboard on power scaling, and world shattering super phantasms. Furthermore ALL servants must come from pre-existing historical event, fairy tail, or what have you. Completely fake servants will not be allowed but you can make your own if they don't have a canon variant already present. For example you can maybe make Nero's mom Agrippina but you can't make the twin sister of nobunaga oda.

3. I must approve of your characters personally before allowing them into the roleplay. Characters not approved do not get noticed in the IC. Post characters in the OOC before approval.

4. PVP is allowed in certain circumstances and will be taken up in the arena, or through collab however BOTH parties must agree to the battle. Battles will be done more than likely in a controlled Chaldea environment.

5. Everyone starts with three command seals. Command Seals are renewed once per distortion travel.

6. 2-3 Noble Phantasm limit on Servants whom are not canon. This is to prevent power playing, and shenanigans. I may be considerate of more than three if the servant warrants it. Remember in the show at least the noble phantasm is suppose to be a defining aspect of the legend of the servant. Some canon servants have more than three and I may accept those on a case by case basis.

7. I reserve the right to gm to reject characters for any basis. Be it for personal conduct, or roleplay reasons the same goes for barring certain people from the roleplay due to past experiences.

8. While others can play your servant or master I heavily encourage the use of two characters. People drop out or no show which makes doing things difficult without your direct opposite.

9. Post Expectations are a paragraph and a half minimum. I'm not looking for players who only want to post a singular line. Depending on what is happening I don't mind accepting a bit less.

Further Notes:

Furthermore while not a rule I encourage others to minimize complaints, and negative feedback. The last fate roleplay I made ended when I received nothing but constant negative comments about objectively minor things for about a month or two straight. No one likes to hear complaints for that long. All I ask is that if you have something you wish to be brought up to be polite about it, and or be careful of wording. I am not asking for 'safe space' so much as just to ease up on me I have no issues with critiques just not constant, and repeated ones.

Flying Servants may be restrictive in this roleplay. I know this may be an issue to some people but consider that many servants don't have proper ways to engage an enemy who flies reliably. More so flying servants can also subvert land traps, and make encounters much more difficult to make for me personally.

I will be easing up on my regular restrictions and will allow minor avengers like Salieri, and the like to appear MAYBE low level rulers as well. I will still not be allowing true alters as playable characters as they are corrupted servants essentially and may make things complicated.

I will be willing to bend lore, and in universe rules to some extent to help make the roleplay fun but it will only be to enhance the quality of this roleplay. I don't wish to make this unrecognizable as a fate roleplay. Likewise I am neither an expert, nor have a doctorate in Nasuverse lore I may get things wrong.

Finally, to reiterate again just in case, I will be allowing masters to have more than one servant but not too many. If we have an unequal amount of servants per master basis you may need to double up on characters. You're free to double up regardless, or team up with someone else.

====

The CS Skeleton - don't post till an OOC is made
Character Sheets:

Magi Sheet:

Name:
Nicknames:
Master of:
Command Seal Location:
Origin: Magecraft
Appearance:
-
Personality:

Biography:

-

Magecraft Section:

School of Magecraft: (what type of abilities do you study specifically see above magecraft link)

Skills/Spells List: (Please include how many times you can cast specific spells)

Amount of Magecraft Mana: (A-E) (A being top tier mages like Rin, and Kayneth. E tier being Shirou, and Shinji. D-C is average)

Other: (for anything that I may have missed)
=======
Servant Character sheet:
Servant

Class Name:

Nicknames:

Alignment:

Servant of:

Weapon(s):

Wish:

Abilities:

Skill

Skills (Custom ones are allowed Rate A-E):

Class Abilities:

Base Parameters:
(Rate them A-E. Normal Human (or humans that actually existed) Servants will rarely have certain attributes above C unless their history, or tales depict them of being able to use one of them very handily)
Strength: (筋力, Kinryoku?): Bodily might in terms of power.
Endurance: (耐久, Taikyū?): How much damage one can withstand.
Agility: (敏捷, Binshō?): Quickness and speed of reaction.
Magical Power: (魔力, Maryoku?): How much magical energy can be handled.
Good luck: (幸運, Kōun?): The quality of one's luck.
Noble Phantasm: (宝具, Hōgu?): The strength of the Noble Phantasm one owns. While the ranking will often match their strongest Noble Phantasm, it will sometimes only reflect a secondary Noble Phantasm, or display a ranking higher or lower than their available wares.

Noble Phantasms: (Noble Phantasm)
Name:
Quote:
Type:
Range:
Description:

True Name: (can be put in hider for those who don't wish to show it to others, and you should link a bio if available)

Appearance:
[/hider]

I'll throw my hat in to the ring, that is, if you get enough interest. I take it we are all meant to play at the very least a master and their servant, or would playing the servant to someone's master or vice versa be acceptable as well?

How many players or servants/masters are you looking for?

@Flame The preference is playing both master and servant but if a person only wants to play a singular servant that's fine I can try to attach them to my master character who will also be summoning Mordred. Only wanting to be a master will be a bit odd I guess someone would need to only want a servant but I have doubts about that personally considering how flakey people tend to be and if their opposite no shows its probably bad for the rp's continuity and i'm sure no one wants to the dude who's wandering around a singularity with only Gandr to attack.

As for people I'm liking four to have a fall back plan in case of said flaking.

Last edited:
You have my attention. I love the Fate series and this looks like a great RP to participate in. I've had many ideas for OC servants too. Perhaps a few of them could pique your interest?

Hello! I would also be interested in joining in this as well. I've always liked the premise of Fate Grand Orders and I think it's a really cool setting to have an RP take place in.

Sounds fun but I'm new in general to fate itself

@Flame alright well I'll consider making this roleplay then if we have a right amount of people it just depends on servants and what have you. @TheSly @Kazuya I'd just prefer to know what you guys intend to make for servants and all. Assuming dark stays he intends to play King Leonidas it seems I'm looking for servants that can hold their own but aren't overpowering. Flight typically turns me off due to having a need for a ranged counter constantly present. So servants like William Tell, Hector, Helena Blavsky, and Mori Nagayoshi are the types of servants i'm planning on using.

@Flame alright well I'll consider making this roleplay then if we have a right amount of people it just depends on servants and what have you. @TheSly @Kazuya I'd just prefer to know what you guys intend to make for servants and all. Assuming dark stays he intends to play King Leonidas it seems I'm looking for servants that can hold their own but aren't overpowering. Flight typically turns me off due to having a need for a ranged counter constantly present. So servants like William Tell, Hector, Helena Blavsky, and Mori Nagayoshi are the types of servants i'm planning on using.
I'd make a servant, if that is permissible. The servant would be Ishikawa Goemon, either Saber or Assassin class. He may have been a great thief, but he's most well known for multiple failed assassinations, one of which lead to the famed method of his subsequent death.

I'll tell you what I told sly it sounds fine by me but I can't tell you until I get an idea of phantasm strength and what have you.

I too would like to make a servant of my own creation if possible. I was thinking of making an Anti-Hero based on the Native American legends of the Wendigo.

@Kazuya I don't think that would work. The heroic spirits being summoned are answering a call to save humanity why would a wendigo answer such a thing?

The answer is pretty straight forward. To exist and live, a Wendigo needs to eat flesh, but if its entire food source is wiped out, how will it survive? The Wendigo is answering the call so it doesn't starve from humanity being wiped out.

Although I completely understand if it sounds like a bit of a far fetched idea, and I can make something else if needed.

@Kazuya I don't think that would work. The heroic spirits being summoned are answering a call to save humanity why would a wendigo answer such a thing?
Obviously it's your discretion, but, Vlad III (Dracula), Elizabeth Bathory, are both summonable "evil" servants, one of which bathed in peoples' blood, and another rumored in legend to be a vampire.

There are even "good" servants who were mythological creatures as well, like Quetzalcoatl.

I guess what I'm saying is, must it be the servant's choice to answer a call to save humanity? I thought servants were summoned to serve their master, and were just powerful beings who had legends behind them. Whether they are good or not in life has never stopped them from being summoned as a servant.

Tamamo No Mae was an evil witch/kitsune in her past life, and obviously is still sort of evil in Fate Extella but serves her master regardless.

The answer is pretty straight forward. To exist and live, a Wendigo needs to eat flesh, but if its entire food source is wiped out, how will it survive? The Wendigo is answering the call so it doesn't starve from humanity being wiped out.

Although I completely understand if it sounds like a bit of a far fetched idea, and I can make something else if needed.
I... probably wouldn't agree with that, and I know what I just said above, but I probably wouldn't accept that reasoning if a want from the servant to save humanity was required. I have no horse in this race, however.

To answer Flame first the heroic spirit in question summoned: Dracula is summoned from Vlad Tepes the king who used scare tactics and brutality to save his kingdom and detests his summoning as dracula. His berserker form not withstanding because he stills values humanity but had accepted his summon. Liz, and Tamamo are changed from their real life counterparts in wanting to simply be an idol, and have their song heard or some shit and isn't an adversary of humanity anyways. Tamamo should be evil but isn't she's more or less looking for someone to settle down with. I can't comment on legitimate canon characters and argue them in the same light as fanon servants in this case. Especially since Giles answers a summons in FGO but that may just be a direct link to Jeanne who answers or the fact he sees a chance to practice magic.

And to answer Kazuya I personally don't think that would be a valid choice personally. Even if his food source was to be wiped out he still is by nature an enemy of humanity something that was once human and preyed upon other humans afterward. I would ask that you choose another servant of choice.

Reactions: Flame
To answer Flame first the heroic spirit in question summoned: Dracula is summoned from Vlad Tepes the king who used scare tactics and brutality to save his kingdom and detests his summoning as dracula. His berserker form not withstanding because he stills values humanity but had accepted his summon. Liz, and Tamamo are changed from their real life counterparts in wanting to simply be an idol, and have their song heard or some shit and isn't an adversary of humanity anyways. Tamamo should be evil but isn't she's more or less looking for someone to settle down with. I can't comment on legitimate canon characters and argue them in the same light as fanon servants in this case. Especially since Giles answers a summons in FGO but that may just be a direct link to Jeanne who answers or the fact he sees a chance to practice magic.

And to answer Kazuya I personally don't think that would be a valid choice personally. Even if his food source was to be wiped out he still is by nature an enemy of humanity something that was once human and preyed upon other humans afterward. I would ask that you choose another servant of choice.
Thanks for the answer! Working on sending you that Noble Phantasm, but I have to go out for an hour or two, you should see it when I get back, gonna PM you it!

I understand perfectly. I'll get to work on selecting a servant, for I have several drafts in a thread on another site that I can look at.

You don't mind me playing Leonidas?

Would you be okay with me playing Saber Osu No Mikoto?

@dark i already told you it would be fine i'm not sure why you're asking again.

@Kazuya Again I believe so but can't say for sure until i get a rough idea at what kind of phantasm you intend on giving him.