Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Mecha, Superhero, Anime, Adventure, Magical
Chapter 0 - Critical Mission Failure - Deploy Second Team!

====
OOC Link: OPEN SIGNUPS Fate Grand Order - The Fragile World of Glass

====

Time: 3:50 - Location Chaldea HQ - Alps Mountains

=====

[Youtube]

It all started as a standard day in the middle of a cold afternoon in the Alps Mountains where the group of mages known as The Chaldea Security Organization who keep the peace in the history of time. This time, and all alternatives that would cause havoc in the grand scheme of the universe. With the Great Grail, and the Lower Grail often falling into the hands of people who do not deserve them it is possible for time itself to be displaced because of that. Or simply perhaps because the time lines failed to reach a predestined conclusion. Some alternatives were accepted Altria Pendragon not fading away into non existence after the Fuyuki War. Or possible failures of people like Shirou Emiya to end a conflict properly leading to other victories. Some of those were predetermined time lines that were possibilities. Some possibilities that were not accounted for such as an unaccounted for servant. Or a leak of the mysterious essence known as 'All the World's Evil' which typically surrounded the Avenger Class.

It was typical for Chaldea to send agents off to different times using the Coffin: Spiritron Chassis which allowed them to go back towards the past, or alternative relatives in order to stop these events from happening. The process known as Rayshift was the technique used to do so. It was today that Team A consisting of Scipio Africanus summoned by Keiji Togami, Mitsuhide Akechi summoned by Miranda Einzbern, Zhao Yun summoned by Blake Bell, and Helena Blavatsky summoned by Judai Adachi once more stepped into the fold. Togami being a powerful mage with an equally powerful servant led the group, as per the usual, into a issue with the French Revolution of 1792 in an alternative timeline. A strange reading had occurred and it needed to be dealt with immediately...that was a full three days ago. It was not the usual the group to loose contact with the station. Director Orson had been quite tight lipped about the whole situation but now things were starting too look bleak.

Chaldea Staff on the other hand were on par with their usual assignments of keeping eyes on the rayshift machines, and the other machines that monitored the world. Some of them vastly improved thanks to the genius of the knowledge of a Caster known as Archimedes whom was known for his famous inventions. Despite the vanishing act that had befallen the first team everything was rather quiet as the other teams went about their duties separately. This day was different. Director Orson had ordered the Team to meet them at the Global Environment Model "CHALDEAS". It was where the world itself was usually monitored since it contained the soul of the world.

====

Leon had been training in the testing facilities since he woke up. His team had not been needed to be assembled for a while. Usually given assignments when Team 1 had already had their duties filled up he was more often than not given difficult but not extreme assignments. He remembered his first mission was to simply put down a few mages that were plotting to overthrow the order of the Fuyuki Grail War. The servant summoned by their team at the time, Andrew Jackson, had made quick work of them. Since then Jackson had joined Team C somewhere in Scandinavian territories, and his old friends had either died, or transferred leaving him to be in charge of B Team by default. There were still a few people he recognized here, and there but he didn't really know them all too well. Ever since leaving America a few years back he had been in charge of his own life and he vastly preferred it to his father hovering over him. He found the work more gratifying than simple dueling. Leon needed to make a living as a mage so why not as a protector of Earth? It was not fancy work, and it didn't get him any fame with the average person but it just worked for him.

Of course he couldn't stay training all day by himself he wondered what Orson could want. He was a coarse, rough, and deathly serious man but he was honest, and respectful of people as long as they did not act out. As a Director he lacked charisma but made up for it in a clear talent for leading people in dangerous situations. He wondered what Orson had been like when he was younger? Was he always this stuffy? It was possible but he simply failed to ever remember a time where he saw the director smile from a joke. It may have been better that way better to act as a strong pillar than a goofy fool. He had to command respect from his troops.

Those were the simple thoughts on Leon's mind as he made his way out of the training rooms. He was still hot so he kept his white pristine Chaldea uniform unbuttoned. It was cool, but not humid in the halls of Chaldea. It made up for the fact that the climate was kept under good control by the staff here. Still he wondered if it was unprofessional as the boss of his team he had to make a good impression. He'd make a mental note to button up before getting to see Director Archibald. He did wonder where his team was exactly and hoped they would make it on time.

Sabrina's gloved fist came in contact with the sandbag. She had begun her morning training just as she normally would. Sabrina made sure to always practice a little, whether it was her martial arts or magecraft before starting the day. Yes, there were days she skipped but it was a routine of hers just as many others. Working up a sweet was needed anyway, knowing how she ate. But the acclimated time for training was over and she best get to the meeting she had.

It was rather strange, she had a gut feeling it was related to the radio silence of Team 1. They had been sent on a mission and they've never gone this long without someone checking in. She doubted they had died, not with the mages and servants the team had. There was a reason she was part of the starting team. She was good at mageraft, Decently average, and was more than proficient with firearms. She still wasn't worthy of being on team 1.

Sabrina through a final punch and began to remove her gloves and put them in her duffle bag. She walked over to the showering area and quickly undressed and took a quick shower. Sweating was icky, to say the least, and living the life she did before Chaldea, a shower was something she could never skip out on. After cleaning up, Sabrina got dressed in her white Chaldea uniform. It was a tad tight, but nothing she'd complain about. With that, Sabrina rushed towards the meeting, a smile on her face, and humming a tune to herself.

As she briskly walked towards "CHALDEAS" , she saw Leon walking by himself once again. He was a loner, and if anything else a talented Magus and capable team leader. He was a humble man, and someone she could trust to get the job done. That was about it, she didn't know much about him besides he was an American and what was already mentioned. If it was outside of a magical duel, Sabrina was confident she'd kick his little ass.

"Leon! Wait up!" She yelled making it impossible to ignore her. She ran up beside him and smiled. "What's up, Leon? Got any idea why we're being called end?" She suspected he knew something about why they're meeting. "I bet it has something to do with the silence from Team 1...but a smart boy like you figured that out already, right?"

@VanceXentan @Shiki @Daedalus30185

Bailey's position on Team B was something of a shock when he'd been given the position. It wasn't the lead team nor was he in charge of the team he was posted to, that he knew would never happen. But being part of the first backup team for whatever it was, had been unexpected. His family's practices left most trying to rebuild what their parent had spent a lifetime learning or taking up new practices that had been a waste of time. And to be frank, much of this had been a waste of time for him. All he wanted was to get back to eastern Asia and resume his studies.

The place was interesting, but ultimately irrelevant - plenty of magi capable magi were there and ready to go. There were a number of people who were worried about the first team but he wrote it off. Much of history had folks terrified of magecraft who would burn a city down to get what they thought was a mage.

Some of the members of Chaldeas teams had been using the gym for their exercise. Bailey preferred jogging through the halls itself for the cardio. It was how he ran into his team's leader, Leon, as he rounded a corner. Quite literally.

@Cush Almighty @Daedalus30185

Leon grumbled as he rubbed his eyes and looked back to see his fellow B Teamer run up to him. Sabrina had a lot of energy sometimes, and even he felt like he was old man compared to her. Well at least she was cute. "Hey! Sabrina good afternoon. I'm in no place to speculate about The A Team. But if the Director is calling us it may be that something big is happening in France. We may be called upon to back them up. Maybe even summon some servants." Leon said as he nodded at her, and then pulled an data pad from his coat's inner pocket. "Looks like Archimedes wants us to head to the command room. I hope nothing too bad has happened at the very least." Leon said as he showed her the orders issued from the Caster himself. "Oh uh hey there! You're the newbie right? This is Sabrina. I'm Leon. We're down a few people but we're still good to go. I'm sure you just heard what I said right? Anyone want to grab something before we head out to see the big boss?"

@VanceXentan @Cush Almighty
"Sorry, sir," He recognized who it was he ran into pretty quick: his team leader Leon Winchester. As far as first impressions go, he'd just blown it. And probably his option to remain innocuous with them. Bailey bowed in apology. It was a surprise that a magus didn't tear into him verbally for it. He'd seen others do so to his family for lesser offenses. The head lowering was a reflex from his years in the east. "I am. Rippyngham, Bailey." He stepped aside to let him continue walking.
Beside their leader stood another person - Sabrina given the introduction - who was either his assistant or another member of the team. Either way, her chest was packed so tight into the white Chaldea uniform it was a shock it closed. Did they get the size wrong? It took a second longer than he figured was appropriate to shake the focus.
"If it's all the same with you, I'd rather we get started." Patience was not a virtue to be instilled as far has he was concerned. Once you found something you start going at it until it was finished.

@Daedalus30185 @Cush Almighty

"I understand its just prudent to make sure to exchange greetings, and all that but come on guys we gotta keep moving we got job to do." Leon told the two members of his team as he hurried to the next room over. As he came to the doorway down the long hall that led to CHALDEAS he saw the two guards standing in the doorway though they had almost never saw combat they had to take precautions even with Heroic Spirits wandering around. Who knows if someone has been secretly working to undermine literally everything they stood for CHALDEAS was almost irreplaceable, and it being disrupted, or destroyed would set them back really badly. Let alone the Rayshift technology, and everything that went with it. The guards looked over Leon, and the group quickly checking them for weapons, and anything else before letting the group through. It was once they were inside did they meet Director Orson whom was standing in the middle of the hallway leading up to the giant blue globe with his back to them, and the door. He was in his standard outfit he wore a long white cape with a white shirt. His hands were covered in black gloves, and his boots matched them. He also tended to wear black, or white pants to match the uniform. His graying slicked back tan hair meshed well with his uniform. He seemed really tense despite all of this but kept quiet. Instead of him, or Leon going up to them they were met by another man.

The man, or rather the legendary scientist, who stood before them looked at Leon, Bailey, and Sabrina with a serious tone which was out of character for the usually calm, and collected individual. "You took your time arriving here Captain Winchester." commented the individual in front of them as he folded his arms and waited for a response. He was clearly frustrated but he was trying to keep calm. "Sorry I wasn't expecting us to be called on such short notice. I thought you wouldn't need us for a mission since the new guys are still settling in, and all." Leon responded too them as the man turned his eyes on the new comer. He gave a sigh but it was more of an attempt to regain his usual composure than to express distaste, or disgust with the group. "So you're the newcomer finally has gotten the chance to put himself into action I see? I've already read your files, in fact I helped compose them, but I suppose introductions are best done in person. I am Archimedes. Also known as the Wizard of Balance. Forgive me it has been a hard few days...as you've sure you've heard Team One has gone missing...Normally this would not be an issue. However we have made...progress on that matter. Which is why you're here today. Director Orson the new ones have arrived." Archimedes called over as the director turned back his light blue eyes scanning the three of them with a stern steely gaze and he strutted over to the three of them.

"This is hardly the greeting I intended to give you all but time is of the essence. But I would be a bad gentleman if I did not officially welcome you both to Chaldea. You're lucky to be working under Leon he's not the best agent we have but he's a talented, and sensible one. Do not be afraid to voice objections with him. He listens unlike some leaders who simply go by their own accord. Team C use to have a leader that only listened to his own ego. That being said don't believe him to be infallible he isn't. You probably know my name but just in case I am your Director. Orson Dane Archibald the Second. I am the acting head of the Archibald family." commented Orson quickly speaking through his greeting as he turned back to CHALDEAS. "Do you have any questions before we go on? I can't stress more how urgent this matter is. But I can't send new agents out without answering some of their questions." Orson said trying to keep himself organized but it was clear to even Leon that he was holding himself together with sheer willpower.

===

Archimedes's outfit/Appearance:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...Extella.png/revision/latest?cb=20160912100236

Last edited:
Reactions: Cush Almighty
Leon greeted her, somewhat sounding less tired than she thought he would today. She gave him a smile. "I guess your right, Leon." She responded after Leon answered her previous question. "Summoning servants...that sounds fun!" Sabrina than heard another pair of footsteps join them and turned to see her new teammate. Sabrina's judged her new teammate on her first glance. He seemed to be the formal type. Mature and far older than she expected him to be. She smiled at him as his eyes darted away from hers at something completely different. She rolled her eyes and kept up her friendly persona. She couldn't blame the man.

Team B continued to the desired meeting point. As they neared Chaldea, they were stopped by security and checked for weapons before being allowed to enter Chaldea. Once entering Chaldea, Sabrina saw what looked to be a holographic of the entire planet. From what she's been told, this was virtually the very heart of their planet.

Waiting for them were Director Orson, dressed finely as usual and Archimedes, one of the most famed scientists to ever exist. He was by far the oldest servant to inhabit the artic base as far as her knowledge. He gave off the impression of a stern man who had little time for jokes. Reminded her of her father. Surely he was more complex than him, he was stern but straight forward most of the time.

The famed scientist introduced himself and explain the situation. For some reason, she got the feeling this guy didn't like her...and probably himself very much. Director Orson then spoke and gave them a proper greeting and welcoming them to the organization. He gave Leon praise but reminded them that he wasn't infallible. They should question him when needed. When the time came for question Sabrina had only a few.

"Director, my only question is the situation in France. How did you lose contact with A team? What difficulties will we face? Furthermore what servants will you be providing us? You do have answers....right?"

So he complemented their team leader then casually insulted him. And only finally introduced himself after several days? Not so good at being a self-proclaimed gentleman. Just another magus who placed his value on his lineage rather than ACTUAL skill and accomplishments. Archimedes however he didn't get as much of a read from. Of course, Bailey spent most of his time avoiding people as a practice. At least they had made it clear it was to be a team, rather than dictatorship. It'd be interesting to see if it actually played that way.

"Mine aren't too different from hers. Just two question, what's the objectives when we get to A team - are we leaving once we get them or finishing the job they started? And how are the servants we get determined?" While he had doubts, it would be interesting to see what famed heroic servant he might be able to draw. If it was random. Of course, depending on how well the system supplied mana to the servants in the field.

He still didn't understand all this fascination, hell, obsession with servants. All they were were echoes of people who used to exist. A mage might be of use, but that would only be useful for their magecraft due to the once higher levels of prana. Anything less than say, 200 years? Probably not worthwhile enough. Not for what it had to cost to build all of this and keep it running. But analyzing the usefulness of the equipment wasn't his job - doing what the director and team leader did was.

"Help either extract Team A Leader Togami, and whoever remains left with him, or assist in reestablishing contact so that they can receive our assistance. Failing that you are to confirm the deaths of the team, and their servants. Their coffins are giving us a mixed signal some have flat lined others seem to be in between. We are sure something has happened to them at the very least. If Team A is dead restore proper historical standing to France if possible. Last we heard from them King Louis had imprisoned, and strong armed the leaders of what would be the revolution's leaders into house arrest. We also heard reports of soldiers in non-french uniforms from the period patrolling the area. Using older weapons like spears, and swords." Director Orson told them as he waved his hands at Chaldeas and brought up a pad of the last known communication up. "This is Togami! We have confirmation that Prince Louis has done something different from this Timeline. Men, and women in Paris are being brutally suppressed, and patrolled. If anyone tries to fight the guards they are terminated. I will report back in when I have the chance." Togami said before the message cut out. "As far as we're aware the men, and women of Team A were investigating the Sun King, and Queen Marie when they left. They also left messages that they had encountered a servant of non-french descent likely east Asian. This is why you have been summoned you will restore the singularity before it burns a hole in the proper time." Archimedes told them as he folded his arms together, and looked over the group. "The servants will be summoned using the Chaldea Summoning system. It was originally intended to be used by a designer baby when summoned there but I had to make adjustments when that failed. I more or less altered the original Clocktower ritual, and now it summons as a servant you should be roughly compatible with and you will receive help supporting that servant by Chaldea's systems." Archimedes said as he looked to Orson but Leon asked something before he could talk. "When do we start?" he asked with a proper smile. He held himself with confidence, and he wasn't afraid to do what needed to be done. "Whenever you are ready we shall proceed to the summoning system. Leon will go then, Sabrina, and then Bailey. This situation is dire I would recommend following me immediately."

Orson led them down a hallway Leon had not visited in a long time. He had not summoned a servant before though he had made contracts with a few in place of those who had. At times he had helped some servants assist them more fully in missions as not all the allies they had during singularities were necessarily from Chaldea. He was somewhat nervous he had to lead by example now. He had to step up to the plate in place of the now displaced Togami. Keiji Togami...he was the best mage Leon knew and that meant bigger boots than he could fill. But he would not measure his place by Togami he would do what he could in order to save the world with his own abilities. As they funneled down a few hallways they entered a rather large chamber with a bizarre circle in the middle of it surrounded by all sorts of technological gadgets. It was the FATE system in all it's glory. The machine was already being prepped by agents of Chaldea.

"Normally catalysts would be involved however with the system in place given here it's more of a call to arms for a servant that would be willing to assist us. Though we may end up with darker servants due to that. There is no guarantee on who you will receive. You could receive someone as weak as Marie Antoinette, or someone as insane as Ivan the Terrible. All the same Leon will go first this time to make sure everything goes properly. Mister Winchester already knows the oath. Come on now follow me." Archimedes said with a calm disposition as if this was just another day for him personally. He seemed use to being the center piece to this whole thing at this point. Archimedes's magic was necessary in order to make the machine work properly and as such he was also a part of most rituals.

Leon didn't need to even think, he didn't hesitate this was his duty. He took long struts until he was in a small semi circle located inside the larger circle. The giant machine radiated with a white light as he did so as he looked around himself he could only wonder what exactly would happen next. He kept the butterflies in his belly from messing with him too much by keeping his eyes focused on the prize in front of him. Archimedes entered the circle on the other side inside a similar circle to Leon. He raised his hands and said a spell faster than Leon could imagine was possible as the giant emitter above the circle began to glow Leon raised his hand. "Leon I believe we're ready for you to say your incantation. Please keep notice of what he says." Archimedes said calmly as he readied himself for Leon's summoing.

"Let silver, and steel be the essence.
Let stone, and the archduke of contracts be the foundation of our connection.
Let rise a wall against the destruction that shall come.
Let the four cardinal gates close to open up a new world.
Let each be turned over five times, simply breaking asunder the fulfilled time
Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate."

Leon began as he held up his right hand, and his left hand over the right side of forearm. He breathed in deeply speaking calmly, with but with passion. He calmly controlled himself as he saw the circle light up as white light formed around him. The machine had inner rings spiral around him in a bizarre set of motions he half paid attention to. The inner circle spun around quickly speeding up more, and more.

"Let it be declared now;
your flesh shall serve under me, and my fate shall be with your sword.
I ask of you to willing submit to the service of the world.
Answer, if you would submit to this will and this truth."

Leon shouted out proudly as the circle lit up brightly even more so than before. It seemed the thing was responding properly to Leon's summons. The circle began to crackle with magic as the emitter projected a beam of light magic into the floor as the machine sped up significantly.

"An oath shall be sworn here.
I shall attain all virtues of all of Heaven;
I shall have dominion over all evils of all of Hell."

Leon noticed however that something was off normally the machine made white light only but the circle began to glow gold which meant something bizarre was happening. Archimedes though didn't appear to be fazed but he was interested, more so than he was before. He couldn't interrupt Leon's incantation.

"This is a call to preserve the future!
This is a call to serve mankind;
This is a call to save the world!"

Leon said aloud with pride as he felt some wind kick back. Well shit this really was working...

"From the highest Heaven, and from the deepest hell attended to by three great words of power, come forth from the ring of restraint, protector of the holy balance!" Leon shouted out loudly as he felt the magical restraints kick back preventing him from falling over with a surge of sparkling magic but there was electricity forming around it a powerful heroic spirit was called.

The circle spun, and spun faster as the light surged around the room. A chaotic maelstrom of technologically assisted magic calling a long dead being back into this world. Leon, and no one else could see what was happening. However the magic died off as quick as it had began. Leon breathed in heavily as he looked towards the shimmering prana vanishing towards the middle of the circle vaguely aware of a burning feeling on his right hand.

In the middle of the circle stood a single man in silver armor wearing a blue cloak and his rough brown hair hung around his face. In his hand was a sword made of fine steel, and silver. The cloaked figure stood up. He, or at least Leon assumed it was a male, stood up and nodded at him. He bowed to Leon and then said with a smooth calming voice, "The time for a new crusade has arrived. Servant Rider. I will serve you as I serve God." the man said as he removed his hood. He was a very handsome young man no doubt nobility. He stood straight, and with confidence. "My name is Godfrey of Bouillon. It is nice to meet you." Gofrey stated as he moved up to meet Leon leaving space for the next summon as he moved to Leon's side and offered him a hand. "The legendary Crusader King!?" Leon said a bit aghast as he took the man's hand and the servant laughed lightly as he nodded. "A true honor it is to have the legendary knight who became King of Jerusalem with us. A fine addition to Chaldea." Orson said bluntly as he pushed Sabrina forward.

Sabrina took note of the process. Leon remained calm and composed during the summoning, withstanding the overflow of magical energy and the backlash during the summoning process. He almost made it look easy. Leon had summoned a Rider Class servant, one class known for its mounts and strong noble phantasms. His servant was one she'd never heard of, but the title of Crusader King was impressive.

Sabrina than felt a hand on her back and a push. "Oh, my turn!" She said in surprise. She walked towards wear Leon had stood. Stepping foot in the small circle surrounded by the larger. She wouldn't have the same serious but her sense of duty and resolve was as strong as Leons. Archimedes waited for her to begin, remaining silent as she went over the chant in her head. Sabrina lifted her right hand and braced it with the right by grabbing her wrist. She took a deep breath and started chanting.

Let rise a wall against the destruction that shall come.
Let the four cardinal gates close to open up a new world.
Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate."

The rings spun as the summoning started to take place. She focused on her words, remaining completely focused on the words she only heard once. The world around her vanished and only focused on calling a hero forth. The circle lit up brightly with magic and crackle.

"Let it be declared now;
your flesh shall serve under me, and my fate shall be with your sword.
I ask of you to willing submit to the service of the world.
Answer, if you would submit to this will and this truth."

"An oath shall be sworn here.

She could feel a connection being formed and something coming forth. Sabrina didn't receive the golden light Leon did, just a bright bluish light that grew brighter and brighter with mana.

This is a call to save the world!"
"From the highest Heaven, and from the deepest hell attended to by three great words of power, come forth from the ring of restraint, protector of the holy balance!"

From an explosion of blueish-white light rested a tall athletic man dressed in the grabs of fur from assorted jungle animals. His hair was long and dreaded. He wore a skirt of pelts along with braces made from the fur of beasts. Around his neck were the fangs of mighty jungle cats. His eyes were golden, almost like those of a beast him. On his back was a lion's pelt he wore like a cape. His armaments were that of two spears. One on his back and another far shorter spear at his waist. His hide shield was already strapped to his arm and decorated with the symbols of Zulu.

With a mighty step, the tall man came forwards and yelled. "SHAKA HAS ANSWERED YOUR CALL!" He had a smile at his face as he eyed down Sabrina. "I. The last great king of the Zulu stand before you as a Lancer-class servant. Tell me, woman...are you, my master?"

Sabrina stood looking shocked. She never expected such a recent hero to be summoned. "I guess so...No. I know so." She said affirming she was his summoner. "Shaka Zulu. Quite a renowned figure."

"Tsk. Serving a woman. Just remember, I Shaka kaSenzangakhona play by my own rules. You'll simply supply me mana to remain and entertainment if I so desire."
He looked his master up and down, starring longer at her more accentuated parts. "In return, I'll break the skulls of your enemies. Deal woman?"

Sabrina looked at Shaka and walked closer to him. Sabrina moved to slap the man across his face. Quickly he reacted and grabbed her hand just before It made contact by grabbing her wrist. "Some fangs this little kitten has. I may just have a lioness on my hands." His grin was wide and joyful.

She snatched her hand away in frustration. "I don't think I like you."

• Haha
Reactions: Daedalus30185
Bailey didn't recognize the servant that Leon had summoned, but did sound familiar. Still, if the Rider servant was a God fearing man, as many in ancient history were, would Leon truly be able to control the servant? They were to be used as weapons that were several fold stronger than the mages who commanded them.

Sabrina's was almost an inverse: the show of strength seemed to bring this "Shaka" whom he had never heard of, in control or at least give a margin of respect. Still, was it due to general chauvinism or due to some event in his past? Either way it still didn't look like a good start.

It was now his turn to summon someone. With his luck, it'd be something like Li Si, Darwin or Van Gogh. He took a deep breath and stepped forward.

"Here goes nothing," he whispered as he stretched his left hand out which held the three command seals and began the chant, just like the others. About the only good thing he could say about being a Rippyngham was that since every mage had to practically start their parent's research over, everyone was able to absorb verbal and written instructions and incantations.

Let rise a wall against the destruction that shall come."

Just like the two before, three circular rings erupted before Bailey as mana poured into the summoning circle and an inner ring began spinning.

"Let the four cardinal gates close to open up a new world.
Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate.
Let it be declared now;
your flesh shall serve under me, and my fate shall be with your sword."

The innermost ring was moving faster and faster. Bailey kept his eyes forward to avoid being swept away by the spinning pattern and losing focus. He needed a strong fighter or mage of legend to compete with the others to avoid being dead weight.

"I ask of you to willing submit to the service of the world.
Answer, if you would submit to this will and this truth.
An oath shall be sworn here.

He felt the link being formed. No specifics, just that someone was ready to answer and fight for him. All he had to do now was finish. He could do this! This would be his moment! The energy from the summoning became even more intense as mana bursts fired out from the outer rings.

This is a call to save the world!
From the highest Heaven, and from the deepest hell attended to by three great words of power, come forth from the ring of restraint, protector of the holy balance!"

Like the others, there was a blue-white explosion and like the others, a man stood in the center of it, seemingly unfazed by what happened. The servant was clad in deep purple armor with gold trim and large pauldrons on each shoulder and a short cropped hair with color that matched his armor. A long sword was sheathed on his hip with one hand resting on the edge of the blade's hilt. He remained kneeling, head down cast. " My name is Lancelot. Servant of the Saber class." he gave a quiet but still notably dejected sigh at that, seemingly disappointed he was brought forth as a Saber. "I will serve you as I should have served my king, Master."

Bailey's eyes went wide. Every Brit should have heard the name in their life, having been a central figure in many of the stories of King Arthur. This was bad. Lancelot was one of the three integral knights who led Camelot to its downfall. The servant seemed to sense his feelings and spoke once more, still averting his gaze. "If I may, please do not refer to me by name but merely my class. I am now nothing more than a sword that will act to your will."

For a moment in his mind, he wondered if the adulterous knight would make an overture at the team's only female member. His eyes darted between the two for the briefest of moments.

"Go figure I get one of the worst possible knights... Stand, Saber!"

The knight did so without hesitation, hand remaining open and sitting on the pommel of his weapon. The other was held behind his back. His eyes remained angled towards the floor.

"A knight of the round table, and a warlord of Africa....interesting additions though I'm not sure I like where Sabrina's summon is going. But by virtue of being here that means all of them have answered the call to prevent a collapse of the fundamental building blocks of humanity." commented Orson as he adjusted his coat and looked over the assembled team. "Then we have an team. We will proceed to rayshift soon. For now I want you to get acquainted. Heroic spirits you will be working not only with your masters obviously, but other masters, and their servants. Worry not France can wait for a moment while you all make any requisition orders for your servants, or for yourselves. Remember whatever you leave with is all you have. And Revolutionary France, or what should be it, is a rather bloody period for that country. No offense sir Lancelot but your country changed much after you sided with King Arthur." commented as he left. Archimedes looked over the servants and pulled out a data pad. "So then what else do you need aside from the essential food stuffs, and what not." the scientist heroic spirit said rather bluntly as he looked over the set. "Of course I'd like money for the time period. Gold, and silver are universal no matter the period." Godfrey said as he walked over the scientist and the man grumbled but he made the order on his data pad. "I suppose a legend of the first crusade like you would want money. It was how you probably survived when you weren't sacking the Arabs." Archimedes said rather disrespectfully but the man made a simple chuckle, and ignored it. "You guys doing alright? Your pacts with your servants don't have any errors? Sometimes strange errors in the system can make issues with the contracts. I think everything went well there's no shadow servants here after all."

A look of regret and shame crossed Lancelot's face as Orson mentioned his king and his homeland. "Of that, I am quite sure, Lord Orson," he said. Bailey felt a twinge somewhere inside him as his servant spoke. He wondered if it was a result of the bond that masters and servants were supposed to share.

Despite his affinity for France, Lancelot had little desire to actually return to return to his homeland. Regardless, he decided to revert to spiritron form rather than continue the discussion.

"We should also bring along medical supplies, both conventional and magical," Bailey said. He couldn't work medical magecraft to literally save his own life, but he didn't know what the others could do. And depending on the situation in France, magecraft being used in the open may not be a welcome sight. Jeanne d'Arc had been burned at the stake as a witch after all. Last thing they needed was to be caught. Never mind the code among the Clock Tower to never let magecraft be viewed or have knowledge passed to the public. "If there's nothing else needed, I'll return to the training room. Will that be all?"

He wanted to put the saber through his paces. According to the stories, Lancelot had won a duel wielding a tree branch and was one of the most skilled knights among Arthur's Round Table. Regardless whether it was true, he needed to see how the servant fought. That also meant he needed measurable strength, speed and reflexes.

Shaka ignored Orsen's comment. He was up to nothing wrong. If anything Shaka made his attentions clear enough. He would not lower himself simply because he was summoned to this world. If he would serve a master, he would have to respect them. Shaka and Sabrina had stepped back and let the last summoning commence. The two watched as Bailey summoned a servant from the throne, and pull quite a powerful one indeed.

Bailey had summoned Lancelot, legendary knight of the round table, and just maybe the most trusted ally beside Merlin to King Arthur, honorable King of Knights. Sabrina's heart skipped a beat once she saw the handsome knight appear. It was obvious he was of the Saber class, meaning he would be one of the mightiest servants in this mission. "OH MY GOD! HE'S SO HOT!!!" She shouted, almost 'fangirling' at the sight of him. Sabrina was British first and foremost and the tale of roundtables was her favorite. "Bailey! Let's trade! Take this big oaf here and I get that beautiful piece of man!" She was about to run over to Bailey to beg the poor man.

Shaka looked at his master and raised his fist. He then pressed his knocked down into Sabrina's head and started rubbing it into her scalp for a few seconds. "AHH! Why you do that!" She said screaming at her servant.

"You just try to trade me in little lioness. If you were a man I'd have kicked you for such disrespect. I'm your servant, there will be no trading me off, especially when I've taken a liking to my master." Shaka explained.

Sabrina rubbed her head. "You're jealous! Men, always showing their true feeling when giving some other guy attention. Fine then, I'll accept you Lancer as my one and only servant." She said with a smile. "But ever mess up my hair again, I'll command you to chew off your own testicles.

When they were asked what they'd needed Sabrina simply agreed with what the other requested. Lancer card not for what they offered, whatever he needed he easily gain in France. Even if it came to force. Shaka was more curious about his fellow servants. A rider and a Saber. There was an urge to see their strength, for his spear to clash with their swords. At last, he knew the time for them to come to blows was far away, they had a job to do.
"My fellow warriors, I'm sure we all hope to do battle as soon as possible. Instead of just sitting around on our arses we'd be rather saving this world." Shaka was more interested in having an enjoyable fight.

"Sir Lancer. Combat is the "say god intended us wipe out infidels. But to take lives so casually is not our place. We're defenders not those who would incinerate it. I don't fault your spirit just don't take it out on normal citizens." comments Rider as he turns to Leon, and nods firmly as Leon writes down some things like extra magecraft supplies just in case. But he did fear there may be some Christians who may call them witches Leon knew what was going to come was not going to be easy. Leon quickly turned to Sabrina who was acting funny, and he sighs. "Come on Sabrina! Keep your jaw in off the floor, and come with me. We're going to the sleeping coffins." Leon stated as he looked over to Bailey and frowned, "This ISN'T practice Bailey you do not have permission to go to the training room. We're effectively going to go to the Ray Shift system effective immediately. If you have something to get grab it and meet me in there." commented Leon as he looked over the man, and his servant Saber. "Indeed I'm going to the command room to oversee it, the servants will appear by your side when you go there. Don't worry about them if they die they will simply reappear back in Chaldea....that being said dying hurts, and there's a chance your spirit origin may be weaker for the effort. This system of summoning is imperfect due to the failures of past projects." Archimedes says as he leaves the room Rider nods, and lets his master, and the others do as they will. He has little to say, and he was very much looking forward to getting to work.

After a brief travel to the Sleeping Coffins Rayshfit room. Team B is informed that they will be dropped right in the middle of Paris in a vacant house, it would be best that they do all they can to not cause too much trouble, and establish what exactly is going on. For good measure each of them is given a emergency microphone directly stiched into their mystic code's collar. They were made by Archimedes to talk directly to Chaldea in case of system failure and they can't communicate with the normal system. As the Team enters their sleeping coffins the process activates and they are soon whisked out of their body....

====

Chapter 1 - The New Sun King

As the crew arrives shortly in a rather dusty house Leon looks around and coughs a bit as Rider appears by his side, and so do the others. Its sparsely furnished, and the people in the house who were here before seemed to have left very little behind. Leon in all honesty was surprised this place wasn't being squatted in. He moves to the window in another room, and looks outside. There's a large contingent of blue uniformed men marching around, and only a handful of civilians who make sure to keep their distance. Leon moves away from the window, and looks around some more and starts to investigate the place to see if he can try and make use of it as a makeshift base. "Everyone ok? Looks like we made it."

Bailey grumbled under his breath as he turned from the doorway. So much for getting to know our servants. At least they were finally moving forward. Hearing that Lancelot (and by extension the other servants) might lose their strength if they needed to be re-deployed was disconcerting. They were supposed to be made up of mana, right? That meant as long as the supply was equal they'd keep equal strength. He didn't care if it hurt when they died. They were tools after all - remnants of memory expanded upon through lore and legend. And tools were meant to be used.

Thankfully Lancelot remained in spirit form throughout the team's deployment into the coffins (which was a terrible name!). Once inside the devices he thought he actually saw his physical body for a moment during the rayshift process. It was more than a little disconcerting but otherwise he felt very little as it hurled him back in time.

The landing was something of a different tone: his footing was slightly off so when his body fully recompiled, one leg was left hanging over a stairwell and the sudden imbalance sent him tumbling down, trying to keep quiet but probably failing miserably. When he finally reach the bottom he did so headfirst. Rubbing it he called out "I'll be fine." to Leon inquiry to their status.

Taking a look at what he could in the cellar, there were a few beams of light coming through the floorboards and just enough ambient light to give him an extensive view of many wine racks, all empty. "Bad news though - owners took the bottles with them." He investigated the nearest one and sneezed due to a profuse layer of dust that sitting on it.

Sabrina entered her coffin with glee. Finally, she'd had something to do rather standing around Chaldea. Off they went to France during one of many revolutions they'd undergo. She and the others landed in a dusty house, with little left behind if it was even their. Shaka materialized at her side. "Seems they've pretty much abandoned this place.' Shaka said stating the obvious. "Or maybe they were pulled out their house and executed." The speculation turning towards a more morbid idea.

"That doesn't matter. That isn't our focus." Sabrina followed Leon into the other room. After Leon took a look, Sabrina did the same to see for herself. She saw they reached their destination. Her first idea was to inquire what exactly was going on and to find Team A or whatever is left of them. Leon asked if they were okay. "I'm always okay. And judging from Bailey's response, He's fine enough."

"Leon, what's our next move. We should just move out of the dank place as soon as possible. I'm not too sure if these soldiers are so kind to strangers. We'd stick out and thus draw attention. We can wait for the cover of night or just take a chance on the streets. We could also send a servant out for recon. As long as they remain in spirit form they won't draw attention."
Before they were to get close to understanding what was happening here, they'd need to get a look at the area first.

"First move is simple. I suggest you find out what exactly is wrong with Paris. If your servants have issues with changing their appearance then they should go into spirit form. Look around for news about the King, and the parliament." Archimedes says appearing before them in digital form. "I agree with the supervisor. We should learn more about the general state of France...but first let's make sure we fix this place up a little. We'll use this as a makeshift base...besides there's soldiers patrolling right now. I'd like to keep possible death, and noise to a minimum. There's a chance that Team One has had issues in the city which is why they got cut off." Leon says as he goes around, and finds a cloth he opens a wind to let the dust out and starts cleaning. "Not the most expected duty but I suppose My Master has a point. We need a center of operations, and a place to call our own. This place seems out of the way, and convenient. What do the rest of you say? I'd like to examine what exactly is happening as military guards seem a bit much...even in my period let alone this one. So moving under the cover of night seems good like Saber says we should at least do something until then." The Crusader King says as he looks out the window towards the guards making sure to keep his weapons sheathed just in case someone tries to look. "I got an idea in the meantime though...either one of you have any way to animate something small to act as a familiar?"

Bailey moved back up to the main floor. "From the state of that wine, or rather the lack thereof, I'd say they left voluntarily sometime ago. There'd be squatters if it was looted. And if we need someone to scout, send Saber. He can gather information better than any familiar. Not to mention he's French and will blend in more than any of us. Although..." He had concerns that the servant's demeanor might have him mistaken for a noble. And he wasn't sure how far the servant could project himself. His knowledge of the servant summoning system itself was severely lacking. He should have payed more attention to the director during the explanation of the servant classes. At the time he'd been too busy doing his family's duty.

Though his voice trailed off Saber appeared before them in appropriate attire though not for a commoner but a member of higher society. "Though my dialect my be considered unusual, I believe I can gather enough information for you, Master." If questioned Lancelot's intent was to simply dismiss his likely antiquated speech as being merely how he spoke.

Having his servant appear before him without invitation annoyed Bailey, but the garb he had manifested himself in was more concerning. If there was a class struggle going on right now, Lancelot would surely draw attention from the lower classes and they may try and execute a rich looking man with no escort. It'd fail, but it'd draw attention to someone when he didn't die.

But it was as good a plan as any. It'd save them time being able to interact with rather than just observe the people. "We should send him out. Before nightfall. If there's a curfew he'll draw too much attention then." Addressing Leon directly he asked "If that meets with your approval."