Fate Grand Order - The Fragile World of Glass - IC

Sabrina looked to her servant, Shaka, and snapped her fingers in his face. Shaka had dusted off a sofa and laid down on it. He grimaced at her. "What do you want, woman?" He asked knocking her hands out of his face with a light slap.

"We're making this drab place our base for the moment and we best start tidying up."

Shaka rolled his eyes and stood up. He stretched his arms and yawned. "To quiet those flaps you call lips, I'll lower myself to that of a slave girl." He said with a callous tone. Sabrina walked over to a damaged straw broom left behind and tossed it at him. Shaka caught it with ease and started sweeping.

"Leon, you need something animated? I think I can help you there? My magecraft can animate something dead using electrical currents. Smaller animals and insects work the best. Anything like a medium-size dog is a choir but possible." Sabrina informed Leon of one of her skills. "If you want to send out the sexy guy out go ahead."

Last edited:
@Daedalus30185

"I want you to send out Lancelot to go and scout out the immediate area. Go in spirit form, and try to avoid anyone that looks like a mage. Even if they're wearing Chaldea gear. We need to make sure we don't walk into a blind trap, and lose Saber." Leon orders as he looks around, and calmly thinks to himself as Rider walks up and smiles, "I can use my noble phantasm. Call a few scouts to go about on foot without their armor." Rider offers but Leon denies it. "I can't risk it quite yet I don't know if there's any enemy familiars about that may be looking for phantasmal projections." Leon says as he looks at the door. "First off I want Bailey to go and start building a bounded field around the inside of the house. Make it so we can generate a magical force field in case of attack it will buy us some time to escape the house if we need to." Leon says as he looks towards Sabrina.

@Cush Almighty
"Sabrina can you look around for some spiders, or maybe some rats or whatever? If we an use them as familiars no one will suspect a thing. Mice are common. I'll go about making sure the upper floors of this place are worked on for the bounded field. Not my specialty but its better than nothing." Leon gives out the orders as he looks around and sighs, "I hope Team One is ok. If we can get even one of them out alive our mission will be a success."

Reactions: Cush Almighty
Bailey scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Slight problem. My mana reserves aren't all that deep. Unless you plan on making purchases that make us look like high class royals slumming it, I'll need to improvise. A cup of Cathaya tree leaves, two or three lizards - their tails to be specific, and a grams of melted Rubidium and I can make a bounded field that'll leave this place invisible to the outside world short of a nuclear bomb unless someone has some powerful mystic eyes." He meekly shrugged. "I should be able to track down the first one without issue and I brought some elements with me for Rubidium. But for the tree leaves, I didn't think we'd be needing something that specific."

He turned to Lancelot and nodded who disappeared in a small bundle of light to begin searching the city. Both master and servant would have preferred speaking in person but Leon was the team's leader. His decisions were rule of law. It wouldn't be until a few hours after night had fallen.

Leon turns to Bailey, and frowns at him. "Why on Earth didn't you make the proper requisitions from Archimedes before we left?" Leon asks of him seriously as he stops mid way up the steps. "I told you this is a critical mission we needed to make sure we were well prepared." Leon sighs and looks at Sabrina. "Sab...please tell me you can at least set something up properly?" Leon asks of his other teammate as he wonders just exactly did they expect to happen. "Look...if its safe then I will see about buying those myself but I have a feeling that we'll be hard pressed to find those objects without being accused of being witches by some asshole priest." Leon says bluntly as he folds his arms together. Rider speaks up, "There is no need to object to such things my master. All it means is that I will need to use my noble phantasm more than I would like to keep our party safe during the night."

Bailey scowled back. "We are on a 'rescue mission' remember? Which should mean we don't sit still for days or weeks dawdling about! If we can find a local branch of the Clocktower, they should be able to get some for us from a reserve storehouse. Just need to throw a bit of weight around. Besides," he glanced to his other teammate to indicate Leon's decision to give the job to Sabrina. "Last thing we need is someone bouncing off our bounded field and screaming 'witchcraft' loud enough for everyone in the city to hear. I do this and they'll ignore us totally."

"NO! We're not just a blasted rescue mission! Archimedes please re-give the mission conditions!" Leon calls into his microphone in his ear as the old inventor speaks up, "Mission rules as dictated: Rescue Team One. They are a high priority task force and deserve to be rescue however...main mission priority is given. Restore the foundation of humanity. This era has become corrupted. Data suggests that time has been altered by some sort of foreign interference. What exact interference we need you to find out but now that we have a solid base line we can correctly form a guess that whoever did this is not an ally to humanity." the caster replies as Leon also for good measure requests standard guidelines based on ray shift protocol. "If Mister Bailey read the book he would understand that rules indicate that you are to minimize interactions with modern day allied factions including the clocktower. Mister Winchester's family hasn't even been established as a mage family, and more so judging by the look outside french military forces will make contacting church authorities hard. My recommendation is to find out what exactly is the current situation in Paris, and then deal with it. Team One may, or may not be nearby I cannot detect the signals of any other servants than yours at the moment." Leon nods in affirmation as he turns to look around the two other members he had on his team. "We need some sort of protection we can't outright create a barrier that bounces off people. I was more so hoping for one to reinforce the building itself so we could at least have some warning if someone tries sneaking in."

"Can't fix anything if we keep leaving people behind to die," Bailey muttered under his breath. More loudly he replied "And as I said, nobody will pay any attention to our building with my sigils unless we unleash something that will erase whole portions of the city. Now let me ask you a question: would you rather this place be seen but fortified or unseen so we can slip in and out whenever we want? We can go in to the Clocktower posing as another family or just make something up. What's one piece of falsified record keeping when the course of history is being rewritten? We're not robbing the whole of their stores so it won't be any big blip."

Sabrina followed out her order with swiftness, deciding a spider would serve best. It was small, which meant it was innocuous. She went into a ceiling corner and pointed her finger at a spider sitting in its web. With a shock, the small creature fell into her hand. She then hovered a hand over the dead spider and hit it with a bolt, returning animation to the spider. It stood up and it followed Sabrina's finger. "Okay, go my pet, gather information for me. Let me see with your eyes." Sabrina walked over to a window and let the spider crawl from out her palm and on to the side of the homestead.

Sabrina returned to her other teammate who seemed to be on the brink of an argument. It seemed Bailey had forgotten to inform Archy that he needed resources for the construction of a bounded field. Sabrina was planning to stay out of it until Leon brought her name into it. "Yeah, a decent one, I'm mostly self-taught. Some stuff taught by my mother and some stuff picked up in West Africa."

"In my opinion, we are better off setting up fortification so we'd know if where being watched. I doubt people are paying much mind to this empty house. If we remain stealthy than we shouldn't run into issues."
Sabrina gave her response and let it be. "Tell me when you two are done fighting."

"Because I don't think the clock tower is stupid enough that our B-Team is capable of not only sussing them out in the middle of locked down Revolutionary Era France but also falsifying their records properly. I doubt they're just going to let a bunch of odd looking mages out. Its not like we're from Atlas." Leon says as he looks over the house, and sighs. "If we shop anywhere it should be at a herbal shop, or go outside France to manually scavenge the stuff." Leon looks to Sabrina and gives her a thumbs up as she seems on ball with the familiar. "I don't think spiders will make for a quick information getting but they should be of great help." Leon breathes in, and then out. "Alright it seems we'll go with fortification since Sabrina seems to have a good idea of what she wants. Speaking of which is Lancelot back yet? I'd like to make sure I don't get shot by soldiers for violating some sot of quarantine, or martial law order."

"There's an entrance somewhere along the Seine. Stopped off there before leaving for my studies in Asia. I don't know about where it is as the landmarks would have changed after several hundred years." A light bulb went off in his head which sent a smile across his face that often left him being mistaken, in non-magus terms, as a serial killer. "We may be able to find the other team and what's going on in history. The local mages may have noted the others thanks to their servants and, think about it, they can't keep out of sight if they don't know what's going on around them. Does that sound worthwhile enough for you, or would you rather be just like every other magus and stay the traditional path simply because you know how it works?"

He didn't feel bad about Sabrina starting to the warding given the arguing that was happening right now. At this point, it was more about pride. And he did plan on putting his own sigils up once he won the argument. Hopefully.

"He's been gone for all of ten minutes, what kind of information do you think he could have gathered by now? But sure, fine, whatever." The knight reappeared beside Bailey, still dressed like a better off commoner.

Lancelot's face, despite being a seasoned soldier well accustomed to bloodshed, looked rather shaken as well as fairly angry. "I apologize for my demeanor, Master, but as a knight of the Round Table and a Frenchman, I cannot condone us to merely sit on the sidelines and skulk about like tha-- like someone I once knew. I saw five people executed publicly; two were children not even ten years of age. The crowd around them were more of my own kin, soldiers who were supposed to protect the people of France." His hand tightened into a fist. Bailey could feel the rage building in himself. Was that why he'd been more argumentative with Winchester, the connection between him and his servant? "What's more, they seem intent on guarding the churches. I could not tell why, but they seemed quite intent on finding any possible intruders. Or perhaps they're trying to keep something sealed in. I cannot say more."

"The fact that they would do such things to their own people is unmistakably the mark of a tyrant. What cruel king imposes law like that on their own citizens." Rider remarks as he looks to Saber he grips his sword. "If not for the need to not reveal ourselves to our enemy I would summon my men post haste and kill the bastards myself. But...we have a job to do. We need to all work together to survive this place. I suggest the servants take spirit form and let the masters look around themselves." Rider offers for a strategy, and Leon despite his reservations gives a sigh. "I don't see much other way without wasting time. We need to get moving, and we need to find out more information. We have the element of surprise, or at least they haven't moved to immediately intercept us. We should be careful not to alert them. I would say we should go to the market place. Ask about the King, and Queen. Maybe about some of the french revolutionaries. They should be up, and about. Without them history drastically shifts. No doubt whatever happened to Team One has happened to the french heroes of the revolution." Leon says his thoughts aloud wondering if anyone else was willing to give an alternate plan. It would get bloody eventually but he didn't want to be forced out of Paris quite yet.

The fabled Knight of myth finally returned and reported on the situation outside. Saber spoke of atrocities, the murder of civilians in the form of executions. He spoke also of the guarding of churches. Shaka saw the anger on the Knights face and also notice Riders on righteous indignation. To him, he found it laughable. Heroes through and through, yet their children would commit similar evils they decry. Their heroics made such a thing possible. It was the nature of man, Lancer knew this well.

"If you righteous Knights were so upset, you'd save them. Some heroes." Lancer snickered. " A soldier's job, O dear Knight of the Lake is to defend the seat of power and wage war at it's command. Defending the people is just an extension of that, and punishing them as well." Lancer walked closer to address Rider. "And you, a proud warrior of that Christian God of yours. Can you really convince yourself this isn't the way of your Church? You lead an army, played part in the crusades and they slaughtered many Muslim children and women. I bet you punished none... This is just the nature of humanity. We kill and kill and kill. We only care when it affects our own. The other tribe is irrelevant. Even then, sometimes you must put your own to the spear. It's that simple." Lancer had finished his little speech and exited the conversation.

Sabrina listened to her servant in utter shock. Lancer was an entirely different man than his fellow heroic spirit. He was a man bathed in blood and made no claim of being some righteous warrior. He didn't fight for the innocent or some higher power or even to honor his ancestors really. He fought for himself and any heroics that came from it was to only serve himself. Lancer gift I life was dirt and he built a throne out of blood, flesh, and bone. "Lancer! There was no reason for that. Apologize to them this instance!" Sabrina ordered her servant who simply brushed her off. "From the looks of it, you're just trying to bait them into a fight."

He ignored his master but he did turn back to Saber and Rider. "If you two decide to put up and teach those soldiers a lesson, I'll be ready to stand by your side." He gave them a cheeky smile. His short spear was craving blood and excuse to use it was fine. Sabrina turned to the other servants and clasped her hands together. "I'm sorry for his behavior. I'll apologize on his behalf. He's not of your character or our morals. The grail will bring forth any servant who chooses to answer the call, even those with ideals oppose to what we consider good."

Sabrina turned to her fellow masters. "Please forgive us. I won't let him do anything jeopardize the mission. Even if I have to burn a command seal or two." This servant was unruly, to say the least. Hopefully, he'd be more help than a hindrance.

Sabrina familiar was sneaking around the town, or rather hiding in plain sight. It was small and no human would take notice of it. It hung outside of windows and listen to the chatter of the civilians within their homes. They feared the soldiers and spoke of how much the church had changed. The revolution they wanted was a lie and simple another oppressive boot. You were punished for not support the crown not too long ago, nowadays you'd be put to death for not showing enough support for the revolution.

@VanceXentan
@Daedalus30185

"This is hardly the time to argue among one another. I just want to state for the record though, Lancer, that I only acted as god dictated. I was no more interested in the title Crusader King than I was freeing the holy land from infidels. Their repugnant ways were an offense to the proper ways of god and thus they had to be removed less Jerusalem forever remained sullied. No different from how I imagine then you treated those who were poor warriors in your tribe." comments Rider as he walks towards the door he stands still and clutches his sword before he looks back. "I'll go into spirit form but I will follow you as the need arises." comments Rider as he vanishes into a mist of golden light turning into his spirit form. Leon walks forward and presses his hands together rubbing them as he takes a deep breath. He knows this will be a difficult fight but he hopes that with the skills of Team B that they'll be able to finish the day, and be victorious. "Its fine Sabrina please just focus, and make sure things go right we need you at 100%. I imagine that some men may think of you as something more crude because of the way we're dressed but I'll do my best to handle it. Bailey I'm counting on you to have my back." Leon states as he puts his hand on the door ready to go outside with the information given he decides it would probably be best to go out and see what is generally happening around town first. See what this generation's sun king is up to...

A scowl crossed Saber's face at Lancer's words. "Do not speak to me of such actions, Lancer. I know well the duties kings command. If they are to be worthy of their people they would act to protect them and create a land where such actions I have witnessed... actions I myself have committed... are not needed nor allowed. Whomever holds-" Bailey held up a hand to tell Saber to cease and curtly ordered his servant to leave the subject be. "Not now, Saber."

Bailey took a deep breath. Right now he actually was kind of hoping that he could have swapped servants with Sabrina. But now certainly wasn't the time for that. Perhaps when this mission was over he'd speak with the director about being able to actually do so. "Don't worry about it. I've certainly heard worse at the Clocktower."

Hearing Leon ask him to watch his back as they departed their base was a surprise. But it also put a smile that was more fitting on a predator about to eat their prey. "Sure thing. You're back and any other blind spot you have." He performed a few basic motions to activate the body enhancement magic, strengthening his body to be on par with steel armor. Now he had a chance to show them he wasn't just a name.

When Leon stepped out the door he looked around there were men in French soldier uniforms, and some men marching around in very orderly fashion. They passed by Leon, and the crew without asking questions. Leon looked as they left, and motioned for the rest of the group to follow him down the mostly empty streets. There were few if any citizens to question, or comment to and any that were quickly moved to rush away if they were approached. When the group entered the town square down the street Leon looked around and saw only a handful of stalls...but this was Paris wasn't it? Why was it this hard on lock down? When Leon went to look at some papers posted on some doors of some stores he read aloud what it said, "By order of the Ascended Sun King Louis the XVI...what? All citizens are to not interact with foreigners who would besmirch the state, report all traitors to the Kingdom of France, and obey the orders of The French Royal Legion? Well...I guess that explains it if you're French you're probably worried about being imprisoned, or worse." Leon stated as he turned to once again look at the square it seemed the similar notices were pinned on stalls, and other stores. It seemed they spared no expense on enforcing order.