1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Alt History, Anything really. It honestly depends on how I'm feeling. I am always up for a good, solid Cyberpunk RP. I'm also up for Crossover RPs.
((We are looking for one person to be a Hacker. We are playing Fifth Edition, so Technomancers are fine. Please PM me first if you are interested in applying.))

((This is a private role play between @The Tactician, one other person, and myself. Feel free to come watch, and say any suggestions or comments! Besides Type-Moon and Shadowrun, this will also take influences and ideas from other works. Also, we will take this semi-seriously, so, yeah. This is also using Regular Fifth Edition sourcebooks. CSes are made via Chummer5.))

Connecting to JackPoint VPN...
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>>Enter Passcode: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
YOU'RE IN. USE IT WELL

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." -Mitch Hedberg

Welcome back to JackPoint, OMAE:
Your last connection was severed:
12 hours, 32 minutes, 57 seconds ago.

Today's Heads Up:
> The Gateway to the West is still a popular place. The danger there is still high for a Runner, though. [Tag: Archenemies]
> Can Superstition really have an effect on mages? [Tag: Step on a Crack]

Incoming:
> The Religious and Magical organizations can be just as bad to run for as the Corps. [Tag: Run like Hell]
> Shiawase is like a blood family. And you know what they say: Blood is thicker than water, even when they mix in the streets. [Tag: Family Matters]

((Yes, I am aware those are usually book titles. I just made puns of my own.))

Top News Items:
> Bomb in Korean Maglev station kills 33, injures 76. Ta Makrinia claims responsibility. Link
> Shanghai goes under Martial Law due to the increasing number of riots from anti-government protestors. Link
> CDC, DocWagon, and WHO investigating new Matrix virus that fries the host's brain when connected with Cyberware. Link

Thekno_City_by_JJasso.jpg

cyberpunk

Thought this was fairly interesting. You all should pay close attention. Not much gets out from the Mages' Association. These guys managed to get through to the Association and the Megacorps and get into some top secret magic battle. Thought you guys should pay attention.
-Bull

Posted by: Peacekeeper

-I will update this thread as time passes and more information is gathered.
-Peacekeeper

Fuyuki District, Neo-Tokyo, Japanese Imperial State

209d7a03ce97524b6456f523ace65641a33ea44f_hq.jpg

"The seven servants of the Holy Grail War: Lancer, Caster, Saber, Archer, Assassin, Rider, and Berserker."

The year is 2075. The world is still a shithole. It's time for the sixth Holy Grail War of Fuyuki City. Research into Magical Artifacts by the AAA Megacorporations have brought this ritual to light. The six largest corporations have each gotten themselves a Mage onto each slot. However, the old families that started the ritual still maintain some power over the ritual, and were able to choose a mage to fight for them to free the ritual from corporate power. The event known as the "War for the Holy Grail" will be televised around the world. The event is protected by Lofwyr and Lung, and each Mage is covered by a hired team of Shadowrunners or CorpSec to protect each Mage.

-Isn't Peacekeeper an Adept? I could have sworn that's what he said...
-Archangel

-I'm support crew. The Team's Sniper and Overwatch.
-Peacekeeper

-Damn. I feel lucky for those mages selected to fight in these things. Don't have to do official runs, and it will be nice and cozy. I want this job. How do I get chosen?
-NetCat

-According to Mages' Association Documents I retrieved, it's random. And don't think it will be so easy. I found some footage from the 90's of one of these things. It looked like Cthulhu was rising out of the deep of this river. Dude got sniped, plane got shot down. Huge beam of magic light. Weird shit.
-Slamm-O!

-Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
-Dres

-This shit dates back to the 90's?
-NetCat

-Even further than that. 1800's. At least from what I've found.
-Slamm-O!

-This thing is Fifth Age? How far does it date back?
-Winterhawk

- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-Peacekeeper

-What does that mean?
-NetCat

- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-Dres

-Dres, you're a smartass.
-Winterhawk

-Smarter than you, dumbass. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-Dres

The Compendium of useful stuff:

-Here's a packet of information I've gathered about the city and about the competition. It will be updated as time goes on.
-Peacekeeper

• Ryuudou Temple:

SHADOWRUNHONGKONG.png

The Keystone of Fuyuki City's Leylines. The Shinto Temple is on Shiawase's turf, but due to circumstances beyond their control, they're not in the Grail War. Shiawase has graciously opened it up for public use in the Grail War. Powerful magic flows through this location, making it a strategic location. Bars and stores also line the street leading to the temple, making it an even nicer place to stay.

Fuyuki Cathedral

latest

Another one of Fuyuki City's Leylines. The Cathedral was once the Fuyuki City Church, run by Father Kirei Kotomine, but due to progress, the Catholic Church rebuilt the small church into a Cathedral to fit in with the surrounding buildings. It is in a quiet area of the city, surrounded by all the tall buildings. In Grail Wars, the Church is designated as Neutral Ground. There, Mages and Servants can not fight. It is run by the priest Father Kirigaya and his staff of nuns and altar boys. He is an Awakened Priest who also works part time as a Fixer.

Tohsaka Manor:

Tohsaka_mansion_v2.png

Tohsaka Manor is one of Fuyuki's oldest houses. It's located in a quiet area of the city, widely considered suburban. It is the home of Rin Tohsaka and her boyfriend, Shirou Emiya. The House is relatively normal, and has a European style. The Tohsaka Family, despite no longer being connected to the Association, still maintains some pull in the Awakened community. However, Rin can be a bit tsundere. Trust me. I know from experience.

Einzbern Castle:

6-UBW13-07-07.jpg

Another old house in Fuyuki City. This one is more like a castle than anything. It's the house of the Einzbern family. A family originating from Germany, the Einzberns have connections. While several Mage families lost power during the rise of the Sixth Age, the Einzbern were able to make connections with Saeder-Krupp and become even more powerful. However, the current leader of the family believes the Grail should be back in the control of the three families, and not in the hands of any of the Corporations.

Matou House

matou%20house%20-%20exterior.png

The house of the final family with which we are involved. This one belongs to the Matou family, who has apparently lost influence in the magical world. After a Police Raid on their house in 2024 following a report of "A worm infestation", the Mage's Association disowned them, and the MAtou family was left to fend for themselves. They've held up relatively well, however, and Sakura Matou has gathered with Rin Tohsaka and Ilyasviel von Einzbern to make this coalition.

Fuyuki MagLev Station:

julius-camenzind-cyberpunk-city.jpg

Fuyuki Station is the MagLev station that connects Fuyuki District to the rest of Neo-Tokyo. Trains run through it every hour on the hour, transporting Sararimen to their jobs, and bringing people in and out of the district. It's one of the nicer stations in the city. It has Matrix connections, and several restaurants inside of the station itself. It also has a Subway station directly outside, in case you wanted to go from train to train.

Eden Arcology:

720p_shard001.png

new-eden-03.jpg

The Eden Arcology seen from two sides at two different times.

An Arcology located in Fuyuki City. Called as such because the Mall on the bottom is called "Eden Mall." It's run by a Korean AA Megacorp called United Omnidyne-Cross. Omnidyne-Cross bases their headquarters in the Arcology, and does business around the world via the Matrix. The arcology holds 100,000 people, and the mall is open to the public. The Institute for Science, Religion, and Thaumaturgy also works at the arcology, using its basements and sub-basements as laboratories and storage halls.

The Nightingale Nightclub:

latest

The premier Nightclub in Fuyuki. The Nightingale is where Runners who require information go to get that information. It features private rooms in the back where business can be discussed, tough bouncers to prevent fights, good drinks, and fine girls. It's a place where Fixers and Johnsons meet, and then meet up with aspiring Runners. The Nightingale is the place to be. You do have to be on a list to get in, however. It can also be accessed via a Matrix Host.

• Saber: Nero (Praetors)
    Lancer: Lancer Artoria (MCT)
    Caster: Undecided (Evo)
    Archer: King David (Renraku)
    Rider: Saint Martha (Saeder-Krupp)
    Assassin: Ehud Ben Gera (Aztechnology)
    Berserker: William Wallace (NeoNet)

• Saber: Alexander "Dres" Dresden
    Lancer: Unknown
    Caster: Unknown
    Archer: Unknown
    Rider: Unknown
    Assassin: Unknown
    Berserker: Unknown

• 1. This is an alternate universe canon of Fate/Stay Night, where the Dawn of Magic in Shadowrun occurred after the Fifth Holy Grail War.

2. Studying Lore, the Corporations discovered the Heaven's Feel ritual, and the one wish you can gain, and decided to exploit that, and put it on live TV as a deadly sport.

3. It is now the six largest corporations as of 5E, fighting for the Grail, plus the protagonist group, who is hired by the original three families to take the Grail from Corporate Control.

4. Each Mage and Grail servant is supported by a team of Runners and CorpSec to prevent attack.

5. This follows the Unlimited Blade Works Route of Fate/Stay Night

Slight Changes to lore:

1. Rin, Shirou, and Sakura have all been bullshitted to be slightly older than they were in Fate/Stay Night, (One-Two years.) although 60-some odd years have passed.

2. Change to Shadowrun lore to fit more with T-M: Magic can be hereditary. There are several pure Mage bloodlines which held magic firm during the Fifth Age, and even united to form an Association.

3. The Holy Grail War is public, televised, and sponsored by the Top Six Corporations in it. Lofwyr and Lung prevent other dragons from interfering with the Omnipotent Grail. Lofwyr because of his investments in the Grail War, Lung so he can steal it from Lofwyr.

4. The Three Mage families that started the Grail ritual, while still independent, have combined to prevent the Corps from taking control.

5. Several stipulations in Dunkelzahn's Will involve the Three Families.

• Ink Mages:

((Use a lighter theme if you can't see the image.))
    mtf_sigma_3___bibliographers_by_sunnyclockwork-d9wshhl.png

"We Shall Inherit the Earth."

A Counterpoint to Wagemages and Association Mages, Ink Mages are a relatively recent movement. Angered by the formal rules of the Mages' Association, and by the oppression of Awakened by the Corps, Ink Mages are mages that control their power through a series of tattoos on their body. Inspired by the protest movements of the early 21st Century such as "Occupy Wall Street", Ink Mages use magic to fight Corporate Oppression. It's a movement that accepts all backgrounds of magic, and sometimes mixes magical traditions. Whenever an Ink Mage gets a new spell, they get a tattoo corresponding to it. Each color represents a type of spell. Members of the group are typically young people who don't see the point in working for the Corps, and/or find the Association's rules too regimented and strict.

The CDC Special Diseases Unit:

250px-Cdc_logo.png

"Protecting Humanity for the Future."

A relatively new branch of the UCAS Centers for Disease Control. This branch is more militaristic and secretive than the other branches of the CDC. The Agents within this branch operate as efficiently as a Spec Ops military squad. They locate and take out terrorists with Biological weapons, Toxic Shamans, Bug Spirits, and anything that seeks to use diseases or chemicals against metahumanity. The team members are trained in both medicine and military tactics, and are sent out into squads. Each squad is lead by a mage or adept. Soldiers on a typical raid wear an armored HAZMAT Suit akin to riot gear. They work with various organizations around the world to maintain the status quo.

Institute for Science, Religion, and Thaumaturgy:

GOC-Logo-v4.png

((This image comes from the SCP Foundation, licensed the Creative Commons license.))

"Closer to God."

The Institute is a relatively new organization. It's dedicated to combining science, religion, and magic to figure out God and the mysteries of the universe. Run by a Triumvirate of the Church, the United Nations, and the Mage's Association, the Institute is working on Advancing humanity as far as possible using religion, science, and magic as its guides. Much like the Church's 'Order of Saint Sylvester', it is influenced by the secretive Order of the Temple. The Institute finds magical and religious artifacts, and takes them in for scientific analysis. This is so that the organization can better prepared for an oncoming apocalypse. They are also heavily invested in study of Astral rifts, and the Metaplanes. The Institute has research teams they can send out to retrieve objects for study. They are currently in a conflict with DIMR and the Atlantean Foundation over some magical artifacts found in Israel.

The words on their logo mean:

Protection: "Protect humanity from those artifacts that are too dangerous for its hands."
    Destruction: "Destroy those artifacts deemed too volatile to exist after a period of studying."
    Concealment: "Conceal those magical treasures that must be protected from evil hands."
    Survival: "Survive in the new age of humanity, guiding magical study throughout the world."
    Education: "Educate the masses of the both benefits and the dangers of magic, always in the name of knowledge."

The Mage's Association:

"The Traditions shall remain."

A group that has been around for over 2,000 years, during the Fifth Age. A person known as 'The Director' runs it, and has since the Association's Founding. Some rumors are going around that the Director is actually an Elf or a Dragon, but no one knows for sure. They are dedicated to the study of magic, and are one of the largest Magic schools. Their main Headquarters "Clocktower" is in London, England, and it has two other branches "Atlas" and "The Sea of Estray." There is occasionally infighting between the three branches, and runners can make good money cashing in on runs against the other branches. The Association also seeks to increase its own military strength and reserves the use of force to protect itself from entities that threaten its existence. They have a regimented sense of order, and are seen as strict, which has lead to groups like the Ink Mages to protest them. Many Awakened see the Association as bullshit, and not worthj their time, although it does hold many magic resources for their training.

-I attached the Signup document the Corporate Court sent out to all team members, in case you all wanted to see it:
-Peacekeeper

Character Sheet:

Team:
The Praetors
Corporate Sponsors: Einzbern/Tohsaka/Matou
Servant: Saber Nero

Name:
Runner Name:
Metatype:
Appearance:
Sex:
SIN (Optional):
Awakened? (Please check proper box):
[ ]Y [ ]N
If yes, Adept or Magician? (Please check proper box):
[ ]Adept [ ]Magician
Skills:
Position on Team:
Please attach Full Medical Examination and Official Documentation Sheet here: ((Link to the normal CS))

By signing this document, I do not hold the Corporate Court responsible for any damages incurred during the Holy Grail War, up to and including Death.

-Wow. This sounds really insane, guys. I hope it goes well. We'll be watching the trids. I hope you guys don't have any dread for what the future may hold.
-NetCat

-Honestly, I'm not dreading this at all. I might even dress up for the event!
-Dres

-Fucking goddammit, Dres.
-Peacekeeper

USER PEACEKEEPER HAS LOGGED OFF

USER DRES HAS LOGGED OFF

((Woo! I finally did it! Here's the shitty OoC to this! It took far too long, but here it is!))

• Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
Team: The Praetors

Corporate Sponsors:
Einzbern/Tohsaka/Matou

Servant:
Saber Nero

Name:
Kellyn Alton

Runner Name:
Peacekeeper

Metatype:
Human

Appearance:

[Picture unavailable]

Nationality:
UCAS

Sex:
Male

SIN (Optional):
UCAS National Sin Number: 18526710-D

[
X]Y [ ]N

[
X]Adept [ ]Magician

Skills:

I am a skilled adept, and am proficient in my abilities. My Adeptness has helped me hone my sniping and Overwatch abilities. I am also a trained doctor with some talent in medicine. I know Latin and English fluently due to my raising in the UCAS, and my training in the Medical Field. I am educated in small unit tactics, due to my history in the CDC Special Diseases Unit, and have knowledge of military tactics.

Position on Team:
Support Crew. Overwatch and Sniper.

Please attach Full Medical Examination and Official Documentation Sheet here: ((Link to the normal CS))
:

Kellyn Alton

((The Code of Honor is actually supposed to be an edited form of The Paladin's Code/Elven Chivalry from the Sourcebook Run Faster. I just haven't edited it.))

• Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
-Apparently, Peacekeeper wanted me to show you dumbasses my sign-ups as well. Don't know why, but hey, at least that means you know which mage to root for and to make the crowd favorite! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-Dres

Team: The Praetors

Corporate Sponsors: Einzbern/Tohsaka/Matou

Servant: Saber Nero

Name: Alexander Dresden

Runner Name:
Dres

Metatype:
Human

Appearance:
[Picture Unavailable (due to no picture being able to emulate the charming badassitude that is my being)]

Nationality:
UCAS

Sex:
Yes

SIN (Optional):
UCAS-X5RL-1FPK-XZ9M

[X]Y [ ]N

[ ]Adept [X]Magician

Skills:
The best damn mage you've ever met. I've got the greatest spellcasting ability you've ever seen in this competition, with summoning to augment my talent. English and Latin are my main languages of love and anarchy due to my homeland and my magical studies, with Hebrew being another language that I can curse you in. Fucking correspondence course fucked up my Jap, but I've got some skill in it. I fucking love explosives, especially improvised ones, and I've studied engineering in order to fuck more shit up with them.

Position on Team: Mage, residential expert on magical theory, demolition man

Please attach Full Medical Examination and Official Documentation Sheet here:
http://i.imgur.com/mCin9j3.png

@The Silver Paladin Enjoy the show, my main history man.

• Love
Reactions: Minerva
I could be your hacker

And back with coffee

Reactions: Minerva
So I am semi cautious with this RP and semi interested. I finished reading it......and.....

So I am semi cautious with this RP and semi interested. I finished reading it......and.....

If you have any questions, PM me.

Opening this back up temporarily because we need a Street Sammy.

Sniping, Magic, and Decking can only get us so far.

Alright! If all goes well, I intend to start this thing up Saturday!

So, we need to figure a way to help me go over my numbers.

So, we need to figure a way to help me go over my numbers.
You get 800 Karma to start with, or you can choose from the priorities list, whichever seems easier for you.

Alright, so, I may have to delay starting until Next Wednesday or so, because of circumstances beyond my control.

This gives you all more time to work on your CS's.

We still require one more person to be a Muscle.

Alright, @Clyde I need your character sheet ASAP.

I'm moving the Start date to Saturday, because of school.

And uh, we still have one spot open for a muscle/Street Sam.

I heard you needed some muscle. I've been looking for an SR game for some time now, still looking for the muscle?

I heard you needed some muscle. I've been looking for an SR game for some time now, still looking for the muscle?
Yeah!

PM me, please, if you have a character idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.