Fate/Dark Night IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singapore Incorporated, Singapore

neo_tokyo__commission_by_blinck-d54amio.jpg

Unbeknownst to the party gathered in the Tohsaka Household, a force was gathering that night. The Templar walked down the hallway towards his hotel room. His left hand bore his Command Seal. The mark that indicated him as a Mage in the Holy Grail War. In his right hand was a heavy suitcase. Within it were several guns he had brought with him. He wore a finely tailored Mortimer of London Argentum Coat. He had a pistol with Job 38:11 (Hitherto Thou Shalt Come, but no further.) carved into the handle tucked into a holster underneath his jacket, and a lapel pin of the Templar Cross hidden under his jacket's collar.

He was in Singapore on his way to the Grail War. He had been performing a tour around Asia, meeting with Sylvestrine Monks and several Church members as well as his Corporate Sponsors, to make sure he had their backing in the Grail War. He was Saeder-Krupp's representative in the war, the master of Rider Saint Martha. The perfect servant for a good Christian Knight such as himself.

Stepping towards the door, he buttoned his cuff and put the keycard against the door. The room was large, and two floors. A large meeting table took up space by floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Corporate City. A mixed group of vestment wearing priests, a bishop, and suit wearing corporate members already sat around the table, with a half-filled decanter of brandy in the center. Two Papal Swiss Guard in purple suits stood at attention next to the windows. Next to them, two S-K guards in riot armor stood with shock batons out, and the Templar swore he could see the red laser of a sniper team across the street. The Templar stepped towards the assembled crowd.

"Good evening, gentlemen. Sorry to keep you waiting." He said in a deep voice. "Let's keep this brief. I have a flight to catch."

Meanwhile, 60 stories below...

A truck pulled up to the hotel. A young officer from the Singaporean Police Department stood ready to analyze its cargo. He stepped forward to the driver. "We aren't expecting any deliveries tonight. Do you have the wrong address?"

The driver protested. "My cargo was to be delivered here. I'll check with my supervisor if it's wrong, you check with yours again."

The officer sighed, and nodded. "I'll be right back. Stay here." When the officer left, the driver got out and opened the back of the truck. An armed HTR team dressed to the Nines in NEONet livery filed out with the efficiency of a Navy Seal Team. They began to move around the building away from the building as the driver closed the truck.

The six member HTR team made their way through the hotel's back hallways unseen, and climbed up the sixtieth floor. When they reached the door the Templar had entered, they placed a C4 Charge on it, and blew the door, taking the meeting by surprise. The four guards were the first ones down, taken out by a precise shot from the lead soldier. They then threw a smoke grenade as Sararimen and Clergymen alike fled the room. Two more HTR soldiers repelled down from outside of the building and broke the windows.

The Templar just stood firm. He drew his pistol The eight men filed into the room to surround him. The apparent leader directed half of them to go into the separate rooms. The group branched off, and the Templar smirked.

He sighed and placed a briefcase on the table, and slowly moved his hand from the handle. He brushed his thumb against the underside of the handle. It fired a few rounds, wounding one of the soldier guys. The EVO HTR Team glanced at each other for a moment. The Templar picked up the case, and opened it, revealing a Submachine gun. He sprayed around the room. The EVO Team attempted to duck, only to get hit. The leader crouched under the table, and called for backup.

One of the soldiers who had left the room re entered and drew a baton. The soldier ran at the Templar and swung it at his head. The Templar grabbed his arm, and twisted it. A sickening crunch was heard, and the soldier let out a yelp as he collapsed to the floor. The Templar opened his second briefcase, and pulled out an assault rifle. One of the soldiers that had scattered got up, and attempted to attack the templar in hand to hand. The templar grabbed him, and used his wind against him, tossing him out the shattered window the team had made upon entry. The Templar then shot the assault rifle at the other soldiers entering the room. When the captain attempted to get up, the Templar shot him. The other soldiers moaned on the groaned in pain.

The Templar looked at them as he sauntered out of the now destroyed room. "I'm keeping you alive as a message. You will not win." He said. He turned around and straightened his tie, picking up his suitcase as he left.

He had places to be.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Tohsaka Manor, Fuyuki City, Japan

The manor was quiet now from the chaos of the earlier kerfuffle. Everyone sat with their respective drinks: Ophelia with a black tea with milk and two sugar cubes, Stephen with his tea, and Lucifer with a blood package from a hospital.

Everyone's commlinks, or equivalent, would buzz. A News update would blink on, reading "Terror in Singapore! EVO Team attacks Corporate Meeting!" The news reporter would go on to talk about how the EVO Team broke in, and was fought off by a vigilante after the team reportedly interrupted the shareholder meeting, and what effect it would have on the upcoming Grail War. It was all lies of course, spread by S-K officials to slander their opponents in the Grail War.

There was a knock at the front door of the manor. Ophelia instinctively stood up quickly. She began heading towards the door herself.

@The Tactician @Ringmaster
"Oh boy... Somehow I just know that attack is gonna have something to do with the war..."

It was simply too coincidental of timing to not be connected in some way. One of the major companies is attacked by another one in a highly publicized manner? There was no way that it was motivated by the war and the resulting coverage used by the attacked to slander their enemies. At least it's not us this time. I don't know if we could win right now, especially with how much Ophelia and Rin seem to distrust Lucifer...

As the knocking echoed and surprised them, Stephen tensed once again but fought off his instinct to turn invisible. He turned to Rin as his hand shook, causing him to put his tea cup down to avoid spilling it, "I guess our other sponsors are here... I'll join Miss Ophelia in welcoming them or turning away any unwanted guests..." With that, he stood up to follow the Swiss soldier and slipped a hand inside his own jacket, gripping the Browning Ultra-Power he kept on his person at all times.

@Minerva @Ringmaster

"Oh boy... Somehow I just know that attack is gonna have something to do with the war..."

It was simply too coincidental of timing to not be connected in some way. One of the major companies is attacked by another one in a highly publicized manner? There was no way that it was motivated by the war and the resulting coverage used by the attacked to slander their enemies. At least it's not us this time. I don't know if we could win right now, especially with how much Ophelia and Rin seem to distrust Lucifer...

As the knocking echoed and surprised them, Stephen tensed once again but fought off his instinct to turn invisible. He turned to Rin as his hand shook, causing him to put his tea cup down to avoid spilling it, "I guess our other sponsors are here... I'll join Miss Ophelia in welcoming them or turning away any unwanted guests..." With that, he stood up to follow the Swiss soldier and slipped a hand inside his own jacket, gripping the Browning Ultra-Power he kept on his person at all times.

@Minerva @Ringmaster
"Agreed." Ophelia said. "Something's wrong about the entire situation. Especially considering it's S-K that was attacked. Isn't Lofwyr a Mediator?" She asked, standing up.

When you opened the door, you would see that a light rain had started. You could also see that a young woman, roughly Rin's age, with purple hair was standing outside:

latest

"Stephen." She said cordially, stepping into the house. Ophelia nodded and smiled as well.

@Ringmaster

"Agreed." Ophelia said. "Something's wrong about the entire situation. Especially considering it's S-K that was attacked. Isn't Lofwyr a Mediator?" She asked, standing up.

When you opened the door, you would see that a light rain had started. You could also see that a young woman, roughly Rin's age, with purple hair was standing outside:

latest

"Stephen." She said cordially, stepping into the house. Ophelia nodded and smiled as well.

@Ringmaster
"O-Oh, Miss Matou, it's you!"

A wide grin threatened to take over his entire expression as the young woman stepped into the house. His sponsor was a welcomed sight as compared to Miss Tohsaka, she always seemed gracious and welcoming towards him. Even among the Ink Mages, there was always some doubt about his capability as a magician as he never seemed to project the sort of power people expected. Where most seemed to be shocking and awe-inspiring or devious and terrifying, most looked at Stephen and only saw someone who was quiet and not a danger at all.

Not that he didn't mind the view when he was trying to just travel, but it was nice to know that someone thought better of him.

"Do you need a towel or anything? I'm sure Miss Tohsaka won't mind if we borrow one so that you can dry off..."

@Minerva @Ringmaster

Sip. Glance.

Eye-roll. Thank god for dark hoods. This schoolboy crush was already threatening to make him vomit up his bloodpack, a thought that further sent him into a sullen silence. He used to cook as a hobby...Now normal food was no longer an option. The smell of the tea was tantalizing and the idea of the sun, a fever dream now.

He drained the rest of the bloodpack and spoke low.

"Is this everyone we're expecting?"

@Minerva @The Tactician

"O-Oh, Miss Matou, it's you!"

A wide grin threatened to take over his entire expression as the young woman stepped into the house. His sponsor was a welcomed sight as compared to Miss Tohsaka, she always seemed gracious and welcoming towards him. Even among the Ink Mages, there was always some doubt about his capability as a magician as he never seemed to project the sort of power people expected. Where most seemed to be shocking and awe-inspiring or devious and terrifying, most looked at Stephen and only saw someone who was quiet and not a danger at all.

Not that he didn't mind the view when he was trying to just travel, but it was nice to know that someone thought better of him.

"Do you need a towel or anything? I'm sure Miss Tohsaka won't mind if we borrow one so that you can dry off..."

@Minerva @Ringmaster
Sip. Glance.

Eye-roll. Thank god for dark hoods. This schoolboy crush was already threatening to make him vomit up his bloodpack, a thought that further sent him into a sullen silence. He used to cook as a hobby...Now normal food was no longer an option. The smell of the tea was tantalizing and the idea of the sun, a fever dream now.

He drained the rest of the bloodpack and spoke low.

"Is this everyone we're expecting?"

@Minerva @The Tactician

"I'm fine, but thank you, Stephen." Sakura would say. She smiled softly at the mage, and shut the door behind her.

Ophelia would nod. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Matou. I'm Ophelia Adler." She rebuttoned her uniform's top button and pointed to the living room where Rin and Lucifer were sitting.

"Oh, it's nice to meet you, Miss Adler." Sakura said, smiling at her as well.

When they were all in the living room, Rin looked at Sakura and gave a small nod. She then looked at Lucifer. "There's Ilya, but she had to fly all the way from Germany. I don't think she'll be here until the morning." She took a sip of her tea, and then looked over at Stephen. "May I see your Command Seal, please?" She asked.

"I'm fine, but thank you, Stephen." Sakura would say. She smiled softly at the mage, and shut the door behind her.

Ophelia would nod. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Matou. I'm Ophelia Adler." She rebuttoned her uniform's top button and pointed to the living room where Rin and Lucifer were sitting.

"Oh, it's nice to meet you, Miss Adler." Sakura said, smiling at her as well.

When they were all in the living room, Rin looked at Sakura and gave a small nod. She then looked at Lucifer. "There's Ilya, but she had to fly all the way from Germany. I don't think she'll be here until the morning." She took a sip of her tea, and then looked over at Stephen. "May I see your Command Seal, please?" She asked.

"Oh, it's not a problem, Miss Matou!" He waved off her thanks with a smile of his own before sitting down as well. As Rin explained the situation regarding Ilya, the mage couldn't help but tilt his head in confusion, "Huh... Shouldn't she have tried to come sooner then? Not to be rude, but it seems like bad planning to miss the first meeting because you didn't take an earlier flight..."

However, he stopped his rambling when the Tohsaka family head glanced at him and asked him about the Command Seal, "Command Seal? Oh, you mean that new tattoo that appeared!" He pulled off the glove of his left hand, revealing the back of his hand for the others to see the Seal upon it.

the_mark_of_the_outsider_by_dvn10301-d5ds00h.png

"It just appeared when I decided to take this job. Really bad placement putting it on my hand, hard to hide it and people automatically assume you're a part of the Ink Mages..." He sighed, remembering how much of a headache it had been thinking of how people stared at him for the tattoo. It had probably all been in his head, but he wouldn't pretend he wasn't scared of someone attacking him for his ties, "N-Not that they're bad or anything or that I'm not a part of them. I just would rather not have people knowing it just by looking at my hands."

@Ringmaster @Minerva

"Oh, it's not a problem, Miss Matou!" He waved off her thanks with a smile of his own before sitting down as well. As Rin explained the situation regarding Ilya, the mage couldn't help but tilt his head in confusion, "Huh... Shouldn't she have tried to come sooner then? Not to be rude, but it seems like bad planning to miss the first meeting because you didn't take an earlier flight..."

However, he stopped his rambling when the Tohsaka family head glanced at him and asked him about the Command Seal, "Command Seal? Oh, you mean that new tattoo that appeared!" He pulled off the glove of his left hand, revealing the back of his hand for the others to see the Seal upon it.

"It just appeared when I decided to take this job. Really bad placement putting it on my hand, hard to hide it and people automatically assume you're a part of the Ink Mages..." He sighed, remembering how much of a headache it had been thinking of how people stared at him for the tattoo. It had probably all been in his head, but he wouldn't pretend he wasn't scared of someone attacking him for his ties, "N-Not that they're bad or anything or that I'm not a part of them. I just would rather not have people knowing it just by looking at my hands."

@Ringmaster @Minerva
"So its true. We're going to fight in the Grail war."

He laughed, with true amusement as he shook his head.

"Well then. Do we know who's been summoned yet?"

@Minerva @The Tactician

@Minerva @The Tactician
"No idea. I'm just hoping whoever we summon speaks English, German, or Latin."

Sometimes, you had to wonder if his priorities were straight.

"I mean, my Japanese is still pretty new to me, but I guess that would be okay as well."

Other times, you knew his priorities weren't straight.​

@Ringmaster @Minerva

@Minerva @The Tactician
"No idea. I'm just hoping whoever we summon speaks English, German, or Latin."

Sometimes, you had to wonder if his priorities were straight.

"I mean, my Japanese is still pretty new to me, but I guess that would be okay as well."

Other times, you knew his priorities weren't straight.​
Rin would glance at the Command seal. "Alright, thank you, Stephen." She said. "Let's just hope you're ready to take on the load of a servant."

Ophelia would respond to the comment about it actually being a Grail War. "So it is an actual Grail war. I've only read about them in Church records. They were... scathing to say the least." She laughed. "Very critical of the Association and of magic in general. Probably a reason why we didn't have such a great start into the Sixth World." She cleared her throat and put her tea down. "As for who has been summoned? I have no idea. I think Lung has it set up so we can't summon before tomorrow. Something about sealing the leylines or some magic Great Dragon bullshit like that. "

Rin nodded. "You'll be taking control of the Saber Class. We made sure of that long before this was set. We'll do the summoning after the public orientation tomorrow."

Rin would glance at the Command seal. "Alright, thank you, Stephen." She said. "Let's just hope you're ready to take on the load of a servant."

Ophelia would respond to the comment about it actually being a Grail War. "So it is an actual Grail war. I've only read about them in Church records. They were... scathing to say the least." She laughed. "Very critical of the Association and of magic in general. Probably a reason why we didn't have such a great start into the Sixth World." She cleared her throat and put her tea down. "As for who has been summoned? I have no idea. I think Lung has it set up so we can't summon before tomorrow. Something about sealing the leylines or some magic Great Dragon bullshit like that. "

Rin nodded. "You'll be taking control of the Saber Class. We made sure of that long before this was set. We'll do the summoning after the public orientation tomorrow."
"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't, Miss Tohsaka."

It wouldn't be if he could handle their servant that should worry Rin. Knowing his teammates, Stephen felt safe to assume that he would need to keep them in line more than their servant. However, he didn't dare to voice his concerns regarding that as he replaced his gloves and nodded at Ophelia's comments.

"The Church was never really a fan of us before the Sixth World... In fact, you could say we had it better than past suspect magic users. There's at least a portion of the Church now that supports us and believe we should be protected or left alone rather than hunted. Besides, I couldn't imagine the terror that being burnt at the stake would bring..."

He sighed at the thought, a grimace as his expression as he in fact could imagine it. He could imagine a lot of a great number of the terrible acts that had been committed to both those innocent of any magical ability and those who had used their powers sparingly or only to help others. Whatever the Ink Mages said, that was one area that he believed humanity had improved in at least, some of them being good people able to care for each other regardless of differences.

He shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts of the whole issue before tilting his head at Rin.

"S-So, if you don't mind me asking, how do you make sure we're getting a Saber? This isn't somehow cheating that can get us in hot water, right?"

@Ringmaster @Minerva

"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't, Miss Tohsaka."

It wouldn't be if he could handle their servant that should worry Rin. Knowing his teammates, Stephen felt safe to assume that he would need to keep them in line more than their servant. However, he didn't dare to voice his concerns regarding that as he replaced his gloves and nodded at Ophelia's comments.

"The Church was never really a fan of us before the Sixth World... In fact, you could say we had it better than past suspect magic users. There's at least a portion of the Church now that supports us and believe we should be protected or left alone rather than hunted. Besides, I couldn't imagine the terror that being burnt at the stake would bring..."

He sighed at the thought, a grimace as his expression as he in fact could imagine it. He could imagine a lot of a great number of the terrible acts that had been committed to both those innocent of any magical ability and those who had used their powers sparingly or only to help others. Whatever the Ink Mages said, that was one area that he believed humanity had improved in at least, some of them being good people able to care for each other regardless of differences.

He shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts of the whole issue before tilting his head at Rin.

"S-So, if you don't mind me asking, how do you make sure we're getting a Saber? This isn't somehow cheating that can get us in hot water, right?"

@Ringmaster @Minerva
Ophelia would nod. "Pretty much. There still are those people in the world that believe magic is a sin and want us burned at the stake. True, Catholicism did lighten up after a while, but there are still religions out there willing to declare mages, adepts, and other Awakened 'Not Human.'"

"No, it's not cheating." Rin said. "We gained an artifact upon our exodus from the Association. It's a sword of Ancient Roman origin."

Sakura would nod silently to back up what Rin was saying. "I'm going to get some tea." She said.

@Ringmaster

Ophelia would nod. "Pretty much. There still are those people in the world that believe magic is a sin and want us burned at the stake. True, Catholicism did lighten up after a while, but there are still religions out there willing to declare mages, adepts, and other Awakened 'Not Human.'"

"No, it's not cheating." Rin said. "We gained an artifact upon our exodus from the Association. It's a sword of Ancient Roman origin."

Sakura would nod silently to back up what Rin was saying. "I'm going to get some tea." She said.

@Ringmaster
"It's not that they think we're inhuman... They think we're heretics..."

His expression fell for a moment, a sigh of gloom escaping him. Why did everyone think they were monsters for their gifts?

"As for the sword... Couldn't it be one used by a cavalryman, meaning we would get a Rider? The Roman cavalry used swords along with lances or spears, along with daggers... How do you know it didn't belong to one of those soldiers?"

He perked up as Sakura spoke up about her desire to have some tea and began to stand, "I can get it for you, Miss Matou, along with whatever the rest of you might want. I've been wanting to get myself a soft drink or something for a little bit now."

His expression fell for a moment, a sigh of gloom escaping him. Why did everyone think they were monsters for their gifts?

"As for the sword... Couldn't it be one used by a cavalryman, meaning we would get a Rider? The Roman cavalry used swords along with lances or spears, along with daggers... How do you know it didn't belong to one of those soldiers?"

He perked up as Sakura spoke up about her desire to have some tea and began to stand, "I can get it for you, Miss Matou, along with whatever the rest of you might want. I've been wanting to get myself a soft drink or something for a little bit now."
"I, want to sleep."

'Kotomine' rose up as he said quietly.

"This body of mine requires refuge from the sun, so I will take my leave and remain in the basement, if there are no objections. When night falls and we are ready to kill, let me know."

A flicker of a smile crossed his features.

"I'll be waiting."

And without a sound, he glided away and was through the door, seething inwardly.

He really, REALLY wished he could have been a Dark Apostle in truth. They could go out during the day.

....Most of them.

He missed the sun.

And he missed the old days, when he was less Sauron and more Gandalf. He could talk to people, remain under control. Now? The Awakening had done many things and first and foremost, robbed him of his humanity. No more human contact, because he couldn't trust himself. No retirement idea or plans. Not even his old job was around anymore....The Executors were defunct and he was all that remained. Scavenging and stealing weapons to keep protecting his neighborhood.

So when the call came, he answered. What else did he have to lose?

And as he sat in the corner of the workshop, cloaked pulled over and head bowed, his last thoughts were the sorrow of what a Grail War would bring and his new comrades-in-arms....The smitten magus and the hot swiss guard.

....He was surly, not blind.

Still, unless anyone dared to follow a vampire in its den, he'd remain like that a long time till he finally fell asleep.

@Minerva @The Tactician

Ophelia nodded. "Right, the Spatha, correct? We had a few in the Vatican. We could also get a Lancer, as soldiers were trained to use their spears first. Though, to me, that seems unlikely as the spears were more like Javelins, used to get into the shields of the oncoming enemy." She took another sip of tea.

Sakura nodded at Stephen. "Yes, please. I'll take some sugar and cream in it as well."

"I, want to sleep."

'Kotomine' rose up as he said quietly.

"This body of mine requires refuge from the sun, so I will take my leave and remain in the basement, if there are no objections. When night falls and we are ready to kill, let me know."

A flicker of a smile crossed his features.

"I'll be waiting."

And without a sound, he glided away and was through the door, seething inwardly.

He really, REALLY wished he could have been a Dark Apostle in truth. They could go out during the day.

....Most of them.

He missed the sun.

And he missed the old days, when he was less Sauron and more Gandalf. He could talk to people, remain under control. Now? The Awakening had done many things and first and foremost, robbed him of his humanity. No more human contact, because he couldn't trust himself. No retirement idea or plans. Not even his old job was around anymore....The Executors were defunct and he was all that remained. Scavenging and stealing weapons to keep protecting his neighborhood.

So when the call came, he answered. What else did he have to lose?

And as he sat in the corner of the workshop, cloaked pulled over and head bowed, his last thoughts were the sorrow of what a Grail War would bring and his new comrades-in-arms....The smitten magus and the hot swiss guard.

....He was surly, not blind.

Still, unless anyone dared to follow a vampire in its den, he'd remain like that a long time till he finally fell asleep.

@Minerva @The Tactician
"I guess we'll see you tomorrow for the Orientation, then." Ophelia said as Lucifer left.

@The Tactician @Ringmaster

((Ok, so next post will probably be an update to the next day if Lucifer's going to bed. Just to speed us up.))

Status
Not open for further replies.